Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:44 AM

Not - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Not (1727 Views)

Kingtblakhoc: Dating Maami Igbagbo Destroyed My Life & Career, Stole My N7.5M / How My Uncle Destroyed His Family! / We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not by talktrue1234: 9:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
Re: Not by chatinent: 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2020
It's not about Ijesha or Ilesha. All your problems and mine started in the Eden garden.

It grew more in the tower planned in Babel.

You are not to blame.

2 Likes

Re: Not by Coder2Client(m): 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2020
Oodua republic will bind us even more stronger.

It is actually not the difference in the dialect that caused the break up of your parents but rather incompatibility. Have you made your findings about ijesha people marrying from other places other than ijesha? How did their relationship last? Making your findings. Ede people married ijesha people and their families are doing well.

The entire Yorubas are on the course of liberation.

Do you want to tell me there are no marriage break ups even in ijesha land? Your parents are not compatible with each other. It is not the Oyo or ijesha factor.
Re: Not by mariahAngel(f): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2020
Interesting...

...and they'd never admit that there's such discrimination among them. undecided
Re: Not by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 01, 2020
Wow, even among the Yorubas there is discrimination.Did you care to find out what caused the rivalry?
Re: Not by mariahAngel(f): 9:41pm On Oct 01, 2020
MhisTahrah:
Wow, even among the Yorubas there is discrimination.Did you care to find out what caused the rivalry?

I also know they have something against the ijebu, kwara... people
Re: Not by Charleys: 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2020
Eeeyaaah sorry
Re: Not by talktrue1234: 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2020
Coder2Client:
Oodua republic will bind us even more stronger.

Why can't Nigeria solve similar problem? We can't hide from those discussions if we want to build a successful nation, the Oyo people thinks every other sides are lesser than them, and we also see the Oyos as dirty and treacherous, I grew up in Ilesha, we call Oyo amukun meko and all sort of names, there are name the Oyo call us too, but thanks to my mum I can't even remember them again.

Most of the stereotypes most people have about the Yorubas are actually what they see from the Oyo people, since they are the largest
Re: Not by Charleys: 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2020
talktrue1234:
First I am not writing this for political reasons, I decided to say little of what is in my mind today.

My dad and mum are both Yoruba, My dad is from Ilesha while my mom is from Orile-Owu, both in Osun State, my mum is from the royal family in her town, my dad family too holds a chieftain title in his town, I won't mention my family name, they even village named by my family name in Ilesha. My mum family are well known throughout Osun state and even Ibadan, so if I mention names people will know me (I fear who no fear the Yorubas, they can dig anything).

My mum family didn't like my Dad and my Dad family didn't like my Mum, people don't know it but the rivalry between the Ijesha and the Oyo people(it is the Oyo people that lives in most places in Osun state) is bigger than the present rivalry between Igbos and Fulani, every Oyo people I have met call me names, well I don't live among the Oyos anymore, so I don't know if this still exists. As I was saying this tribal issues, aided with some other family pressure from both side built up in my parents house that they had to divorce. My mum remarried to a man in her town(which is what her family wants), my dad also remarried to someone in Ilesha. Because of polygamy from both side of the family a lot of their resources and wealth were lost, trouble started from both(I don't know much about this I was too young then). My dad had to hide us from his troubled polygamous background, creating a lot of issues I can't talk about online, but it was all sad.

I remembered when I was struggling and went to my mum's village I can tell you all that I experienced my own version of racism in that place, just because I speak a different dialect of Yoruba, even my mum used to stylishly correct me on how to pronounce some Yoruba words, if we can't agree on something, she will say it is because I have Ijesha blood in me, that we are always stubborn and we will never bend.

When I visited my uncle, and someone said, I am gentle, that I behave like my dad, my uncle didn't hesitate to pick it up with her that my behavior doesn't look like Ijesha, that I am fully like what is in their family line, when deep down in me I am more of an Ilesha guy than an Oyo guy.

There are lot on my mind but there are just few I can say, but don't let anyone tell you that there is just on Yoruba entity, that kind of thing doesn't exist, maybe the present generation can do better.

Oduduwa republic cannot solve those problems

Your mum divorced and remarried because of what people say? Tribalism?
Where is the love?
Re: Not by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 01, 2020
mariahAngel:

I also know they have something against the ijebu, kwara... people
This is senseless.If the Yoruba nation cannot unite as one and still discriminate on the basis of dialect, one can only wonder how they get along with other tribes.But I have never noticed this thing as a Yoruba.
I have a hard time believing this.
Re: Not by talktrue1234: 9:48pm On Oct 01, 2020
MhisTahrah:

Oyo believe they are senior to all others, most of us used to be tributary state to Oyo before the Ekiti parapo war, the Oyo hate Ijesa specifically because of Ogedengbe
Re: Not by thorpido(m): 9:49pm On Oct 01, 2020
All that used to exist in those days.Ijesha and ijebus or Ibadan people.
People have always divided along ethnic,tribe and religious lines.
Re: Not by talktrue1234: 9:50pm On Oct 01, 2020
Charleys:

Your mum divorced and remarried because of what people say? Tribalism?
Where is the love?

There are lot I can't talk about, and there are a lot hidden to me, I am just the last born, but the whole hatred started because of culture and lineage
Re: Not by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2020
talktrue1234:

Oyo believe they are senior to all others, most of us used to be tributary state to Oyo before the Ekiti parapo war, the Oyo hate Ijesa specifically because of Ogedengbe
When did all this happen?
Re: Not by Seerade029: 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2020
talktrue1234:

There are lot I can't talk about, and there are a lot hidden to me, I am just the last born, but the whole hatred started because of culture and lineage

I refuse to believe this
Re: Not by talktrue1234: 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2020
MhisTahrah:
When did all this happen?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiriji_War

You can make research about the fall of Owu kingdom too, you will learn some thing about how Yoruba politics has been because of the mistakes of the Oyos from time immemorial
Re: Not by Seerade029: 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2020
talktrue1234:

Nonsense.
I refuse to believe this.
Even me myself if I speak they wont know that my dialect is strong.

But I speak general Yoruba without you noticing any form of my dialect.
Re: Not by Coder2Client(m): 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2020
talktrue1234:

Why can't Nigeria solve similar problem? We can't

Nigeria cannot solve this problem. What you discribed in your write up are just mere incompatibility between the duo. It has nothing to do with Oyo or ijesha factor.
Comparing Nigeria to what you described in your post is out of it. There is no connection among us in the country. We are truly divided along tribal differences among other things.

hide from those discussions if we want to build a successful nation, the Oyo people thinks every other sides are lesser than them, and we also see the Oyos as dirty and treacherous, I grew up in Ilesha, we call Oyo amukun meko and all sort of names, there are name the Oyo call us too, but thanks to my mum I can't even remember them again.

Most of the stereotypes most people have about the Yorubas are actually what they see from the Oyo people, since they are the largest

If you ask millions of young Yoruba people, they dont know what you are talking about here. Why do you think the okun people and the kwara people want to merge with their people in the west? Because they are connected.
Re: Not by talktrue1234: 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2020
Seerade029:

I refuse to believe this

Believe what you want to believe bro, a lot of people have stories that are unbelievable, but they just can't talk about
Re: Not by Seerade029: 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2020
talktrue1234:

This was a long time Abeq.
Forget talks. .
Is Awolowo an Oyo man?
The fights between your parents are personal Abeq.
Re: Not by Kennyswag: 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2020
The op is a cursed igbo man

1 Like

Re: Not by Charleys: 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2020
Someone just hates someone because of something they can't change.
Re: Not by Seerade029: 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
[s]
talktrue1234:

Why can't Nigeria solve similar problem? We can't hide from those discussions if we want to build a successful nation, the Oyo people thinks every other sides are lesser than them, and we also see the Oyos as dirty and treacherous, I grew up in Ilesha, we call Oyo amukun meko and all sort of names, there are name the Oyo call us too, but thanks to my mum I can't even remember them again.

[/s]

Which Oyo people? Mtcheww.
Oga it is your town or your people that see them like that, then let it maintain it to that place.
Re: Not by athaboi(f): 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
Keep shaking table around
Re: Not by Seerade029: 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2020
Kennyswag:
The op is a cursed igbo man

The post is a paid post to cause divisions

1 Like

Re: Not by Coder2Client(m): 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2020
talktrue1234:

Stop stressing yourself unnecessarily on the topic your brain can explode on.
Re: Not by talktrue1234: 10:02pm On Oct 01, 2020
Coder2Client:

If you ask millions of young Yoruba people, they dont know what you are talking about here. Why do you think the okun people and the kwara people want to merge with their people in the west? Because they are connected.

That is why I said maybe our generation can change it, but trust me those issues still exist, we just don't hear of it, the advantage the Yoruba had is because we became civilized earlier and more than other tribes
Re: Not by Seerade029: 10:04pm On Oct 01, 2020
The Rivary between Ijesha and Oyo is only Ife and Oyo alaafin.

op, your mission is to curse trouble e no go work.
I lived in ile ife before, there is nothing of such
Re: Not by Chocogoddess(f): 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2020
Tribalism & Religion are one of the major problems Nigeria is facing today, aside Bad governance. What happened to Character, Personality, Charm, and above all, Love. It shouldn't be about, the tribe or religion, it should be about the person... Does he/she makes u happy? Do u feel comfortable when u re around him/her?

To me... It's how u treat me that matters, I don't care about religion or tribe!
Re: Not by Seerade029: 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2020
[s] [quote author=talktrue1234 post=94517773]

That is why I said maybe our generation can change it, but trust me those issues still exist, we just don't here of it, the advantage the Yoruba had is because we became civilized earlier and more than other tribes[/quote [/s]
Throughout my stay in ife nothing of such crap you wrote above happen.

Stop messing around

Cc
Amotologbon
Re: Not by talktrue1234: 10:06pm On Oct 01, 2020
Coder2Client:

Stop stressing yourself unnecessarily on the topic your brain can explode on.

Do you know there are border conflicts between Ijebu and Orile-Owu, they once had a shootout, if I remember well in 2004, the media won't tell you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scared At First! / True Secret About Women / Question For My Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.