Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? (11454 Views)

Poll: Who Was The Most Impressive Candidate After Watching Lagos State Governorship Debate Organised By Channels TV?

Fashola: 91% (253 votes)
Dominic: 0% (1 vote)
Tokoya: 1% (5 votes)
Dosunmu: 6% (18 votes)
Randle: 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard / Jimi Agbaje And Ambode At The Lagos State Governorship Debate (Photo) / Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by joelAnya(m): 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2011
It was a very interesting debate.  Mr Randle actually derogated the sportmanship personality of every competitor.  But overall this experience has edify the fact that the choice of political leader belong to the masses and not to few *RASCALS

Watch On Youtube: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7w1iV60mkk&feature=BF&list=PLCB8AF34310E9D59D&index=1

1 Like

Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 02, 2011
How did you watch it can you give the link
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Emmz(f): 10:04pm On Mar 02, 2011
I would say Ade Dosunmu. He literally rubbished the Fashola Govt and he did it really well and got ovation everytime cause his statements or rather arguments were grounded. After him i would say Fashola. Obviously the guy was under pressure but he stood tall.

The debate was not in his favour because he is the current Gov so, He did good.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 02, 2011
fashola of course, FASHOLA WAS ARTICULATE AND DETAILED. HE HAD THE MAP OF LAGOS IN HIS HEAD AND DOSUMU LIED TO THE WHOLE OF LAGOS THAT HE AND FASHOLA APPLIED TO WORK IN A GOVT PARASTATAL, WHEN FASHOLA CLEARED THE AIR HE JUST LAUGHED IT OFF, THAT DOSUMU GUY IS A CRIMINAL TYPICAL PDP MATERIAL
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 03, 2011
I didnt see it but i know it was Fash. tongue
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by 9ijaMan: 12:56am On Mar 03, 2011
Fashola was head an shoulder above them all. Dosumu would have faired better if he had not consistently made a fool of himself on occasions where he kept blaming Fashola on issues that were clearly in the domain of the PDP led Federal Government. In fact there was an instance when Dosumu insinuated that Lagos is not benefiting from the FG because the state is being controlled by the opposition. Meaning FG is deliberately starving Lagosians off funds required for infrastructural development because ACN rules the state. This is the same PDP that wants Lagosians to vote for them!
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by AljUche: 1:12am On Mar 03, 2011
dosumu was the best cheesy cheesy

vote dosumu cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by EkoIle1: 1:16am On Mar 03, 2011
Alj Uche:

dosumu was the best cheesy cheesy

vote dosumu cheesy cheesy cheesy

Vote for a lair who lied to Lagosians for their korokoro eyes on TV?

This is why we get crooked and dishonest leaders.

Are you normal gan sef?
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Nobody: 1:30am On Mar 03, 2011
9ijaMan:

Fashola was head an shoulder above them all. Dosumu would have faired better if he had not consistently made a fool of himself on occasions where he kept blaming Fashola on issues that were clearly in the domain of the PDP led Federal Government. In fact there was an instance when Dosumu insinuated that Lagos is not benefiting from the FG because the state is being controlled by the opposition. Meaning FG is delibrating starving Lagosians off funds required for infrastructural development because ACN rules the state. This is the same PDP that wants Lagosians to vote for them!

ewoh! i guess he thought lagosians are dumb skulls that cant reason.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by volasunkan: 1:39am On Mar 03, 2011
i just finished watching it.I love the air of conviviality.Ade dosunmu would ve done better but his strategy is riddled with so much inexperience.He is new and digital,he should make effort to make honest clarifications,most people view him as being a liar,that's not good at all.Fashola used his experience maximally,he towers above them in all,even in physical height.He gets my vote.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by ahf(m): 8:48am On Mar 03, 2011
Any links to videos ?
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by mcgboye(m): 9:50am On Mar 03, 2011
Fashola of course, and by some distance too. He kept addressing issues. my worry is that none of his opponents proffered any solution to the mire of problems bedevilling Lagosians. They showed they were ignorant and inconsistent with the issues of the day. The greatest culprit was of course The PDP candidate who i hadn’t heard speak before so I was interested in what he had to say. But he failed spectacularly like his predecessor, Koro, in attacking the incumbent and failing to answer any of the questions asked. Any question like "what will you do to improve the road network in Lagos" was met by "This Lagos state govt has mismanaged our economy and looted the treasury". Is that a reasonable reply to such question? Fashola did what an incumbent would normally do in a democracy; used his achievement as a platform for his arguments. the burden of proof is then left on the challengers to proffer better alternatives.

This is why I cannot understand Mr Goodluck. Why not subject himself to a live debate where his own points would be what he HAS done while others will be saying what they WILL do. Except that he has not done anything in One year.
And pls stop this Deputy gov - acting gov-Governor - Vice President - acting president-President gimmick as a reason we should vote for GEJ it's simply an insult on the intelligence of millions of educated Nigerians like me. We need more than Goodluck; we need a president who can and will perform.

For the PDP, if they cannot solve our power problem in 12 years, how can they convince us they can do so in 4 years? I wonder.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Emmz(f): 10:49am On Mar 03, 2011
Maybe you know better than me. I am not that into politics hence I didnt watch the full thing. What i watched showed Dosunmu giving solid arguments and Fashola was obviously uncomfortable and under pressure to defend himself which i felt he did well.

Maybe Dosunmu fell off after i stopped watching. I dont know but for me Randle was a total joke. At least that was what i garnered from the little i watched. It was clear to me that the fore runners were Fashola and Dosunmu.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by kay4fun(m): 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2011
Fashola was better than them all
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Ade1966(m): 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2011
As far as I am concerned, the opposition are just that-nothing but opposition. They have not done any homework or critical review of the governance of Lagos.

The only thing in their skull is just to grab power and start thinking thereafter on how to utilize it. The whole show was a 'walk over' for Fashola.

I consider Fashola, a Governor with a vision and a purpose backed up by Action. As at today, Fashola is the BEST.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by assme: 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2011
Fashola was better than all of them combined.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by assme: 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2011
Maybe you know better than me. I am not that into politics hence I didnt watch the full thing. What i watched showed Dosunmu giving solid arguments and Fashola was obviously uncomfortable and under pressure to defend himself which i felt he did well.

@Emmz

so catching a glimpse of where dosumu seemed to be doing well from ur own perspective now gives him the total credit of the debate? angry please go and watch the full version b4 u mk another comment.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by fredoooooo: 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2011
BRF of course , atleast hes on point on what he will do , Dosunmu cant even say that he will do something ,all he keep saying is with his experience in service he know what to do ,he went to three universities bla bla bla , that make him know problems student are facing , oga tell us what you want to do to improve things not you this you that, Tell them say our eyes don clear tell them say our eyes don open , let dosunmu say what he has in stock for lagosians and not empty promises , typical PDP tactics ,
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Gbawe: 1:12pm On Mar 03, 2011
Wether some people like it or not , Fashola is a future Nigerian President in the making. He is simply head and shoulder above everyone in the area that matters most i.e he has a detailed understanding of the problem and he possesses the rare analytical skills that enable him to provide apt solution that will aid a holistic and adaptable development plan. I expect the next 4 years to be very special for Lagos.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Bisijohn: 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2011
The margin between Fashola and others is too wide. Dosumu is just a bloody liar,like father like son. Mr Rwandle just came to rubbish himself. We need the type of Fashola in government. It is not the age of experience that matters but rather the experience of the idea.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by GBUSH: 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2011
Gov Babatunde fashola outshines every other contestants in all ramifications. Forget all the craps from DR Dosumu.
The PDP led Federal govt which could not complete ordinary 2nd river Niger bridge for how many years now will now build a 4th mainland bridge for lagosians under a clueless GEJ administration.The same way they deceived Ondo State pple in 2003 election that the AD led Govt lacked the financial resources to explore the crude oil in the area and that if they joined the main stream, Federal govt would start the exploration of bitumen. Alas!!! what happened after they won the election?
Has the so called FG explored the Bitumen since?
Lagosians wake up. Dont let PDP deceive u once again.
they av failed in all ramifications.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Emmz(f): 8:14pm On Mar 03, 2011
assme:

@Emmz

so catching a glimpse of where dosumu seemed to be doing well from your own perspective now gives him the total credit of the debate? angry please go and watch the full version b4 u mk another comment.

I believe you have glaucoma or cataract cos if you don't i'ld be very shocked. No need tryna talk rudely or repeat what i already said. You have serious issues. Where did i give Dosunmu total credit? and by the way i said i watched a little so i may be wrong in my initial judgement.

I believe you just want to be noticed.

Here enjoy your two minutes of fame then back the hell up off my comments since you cant read or interpret statements correctly.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by formebyme: 1:00pm On Mar 04, 2011
@Emmy
I also felt your comment was quite out of place and ridiculous as the most impressive candidate was glaringly BRF who answered the questions in a most concise way(though the randle bit was TMI in my opinion, a politician should learn to keep his enemies closer, )
The dosumu dude was so PDP,full of lies,inconcise,false claims, "i know what to do to the roads"tell us what you'd do,
he obviously doesn't know jack,

We all know the best candidates dont always win anyways, undecided Goodluck to them all
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by onyekapray: 1:05pm On Mar 04, 2011
More than at any other time in history have I seen one who is well composed as a Governor that has the map of the statehe governs on a daily basis at his finger tips.
I say bravo an kudos to Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola for giving Lagos a Brighter Rewarding Future. The PDP led government will take us to the rocks but I see the ACN as a party rife with IDEAS. Just look at the Colloquium before they had their campaigns. While others are busy dancing about good luck as if that is what will take us to the promised land, the ACN party sits down to map out strategies for growth ad development.
What is more then, would to God that CPC can form alliance with ACN to sweep away the parties that have left us in the dark.
FASHOLA stood out and stands tall in the recently conducted debate.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by PeeDaVinci: 1:07pm On Mar 04, 2011
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by rebranded(m): 1:13pm On Mar 04, 2011
Emmz:

I believe you have glaucoma or cataract cos if you don't i'ld be very shocked. No need tryna talk rudely or repeat what i already said. You have serious issues. Where did i give Dosunmu total credit? and by the way i said i watched a little so i may be wrong in my initial judgement.

I believe you just want to be noticed.

Here enjoy your two minutes of fame then back the hell up off my comments since you cant read or interpret statements correctly.

Please stop talking rubbish, if you didnt complete it, then dont comment, plus there was no part of that debate that dosunmu prove capable of running Lagos. Stay in your UK and dont come and talk rubbish here!
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by sebebe(m): 1:30pm On Mar 04, 2011
BRf is still d best man for the job others are just trying to complete the figure.
As for dosumu, he's just a liar, he has no plan 4 lagos.
baba randle was just a clown, no spirit of sportmanship.
Tokoya try but what's divine revolution.
Dominic was just saying rubbish, d house he's staying was it no build of cement?
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Guyman02: 1:34pm On Mar 04, 2011
Chief Tokoya did quite well, he understands Lagos very well as perhaps a private citizen seeking the position of Gov. BRF abd Dosunmu had insider information having being public servants and used it to their advantage.

JK Randle spent his time imagining how a small Omo tani (small boy BRF) should boldly look him in the face and tell him that his house is built on a sewage line causing floodind in his street and all efforts to see BRF to discuss the matter personally has failed and was asking what it takes and who should be entitled to see the Gov. He even refused to shake BRF at the end of the debate as requested by the moderator.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by x2lambo(m): 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2011
I wonder why people thinks because they are older so they can do better , everyone knows that none of the candidate can do quarter of what fashola administration has done, I can vote any other parties but not PDP they are clueless and Nigerians want action not just empty promises
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by zegmart: 1:57pm On Mar 04, 2011
Of cause it was FASOLA. The man is very articulate with high sense of intelligent. He talk with figures and fact. FASOLA is too much. I wish this man is made the President of Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Instructs AGF To Investigate Accused Top Govt Officials / Illegal Fuel Subsidy Payment: Opposition Youths Tackle Buhari / Charles Dokubo: Buhari Has Kept His Promises To The People Of Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.