Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? (11472 Views)

Poll: Who Was The Most Impressive Candidate After Watching Lagos State Governorship Debate Organised By Channels TV?

Fashola: 91% (253 votes)
Dominic: 0% (1 vote)
Tokoya: 1% (5 votes)
Dosunmu: 6% (18 votes)
Randle: 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard / Jimi Agbaje And Ambode At The Lagos State Governorship Debate (Photo) / Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by sley4life(m): 4:35pm On Mar 04, 2011
ACN for Lag PDP for National
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by congoshine(m): 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2011
Apparently Fashola wasn't being rude. Bashorun Randle actually has a criminal case against him

http://allafrica.com/stories/200801180165.html

Lagos — Lagos socialite and a renowned Accountant, Bashorun J.K. Randle, was yesterday arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrate Court, on Lagos Island on a five-count charge of stealing the sum of N300million belonging to his business associate, Kayode Sunmola of J.K Randle & Company, an offence punishable under section 390 of the Criminal Code, Law of Lagos State, 2003.

Randle, who is a former President, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigerian (ICAN) and recipient of Officer of the Order of the Niger (OFR), was driven into the court premises at about 11.45am in his dark colour BMW car, marked Lagos HL762AA amidst police operatives.

Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Tunmi(f): 4:53pm On Mar 04, 2011
congoshine:

Apparently Fashola wasn't being rude. Bashorun Randle actually has a criminal case against him

http://allafrica.com/stories/200801180165.html

GBAM!!!! Thank you for doing research. Fashola was not rude, he had facts. Now can someone find out whether Randle's house is built on a drainage system?
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Time2Think(f): 5:12pm On Mar 04, 2011
The worst debate I have seen in years.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by anonimi: 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2011
While we are debating and identifying our favourites for president and governors of our states, we should not lose focus on the candidates for national and state assembly legislators.
Let us scrutinise, select and mobilise support for our choice based on their individual integrity rather than blindly following party's choice that may be the wife, kid, in-law, relation of the party godfathers. It wouldn't be such a bad idea if the senatorial candidates, at least, can do a debate as well.
We can reduce the legisLOOTERS and increase the legislators who can channel our needs to the executives and make better laws for us all.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by JUO(m): 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2011
Fashola my dear. assuming Fashola will and rule us for just one year ,
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Sagamite(m): 5:40pm On Mar 04, 2011
anonimi:

While we are debating and identifying our favourites for president and governors of our states, we should not lose focus on the candidates for national and state assembly legislators.
Let us scrutinise, select and mobilise support for our choice based on their individual integrity rather than blindly following party's choice that may be the wife, kid, in-law, relation of the party godfathers. It wouldn't be such a bad idea if the senatorial candidates, at least, can do a debate as well.
We can reduce the legisLOOTERS and increase the legislators who can channel our needs to the executives and make better laws for us all.

Top-notch, brilliant point.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by seanet02: 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2011
A vote for Ribadu is a vote for Progress, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Improved Standard of Living, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Economic Development, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Positive Transformation, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Massive Industrialization, a vote for for Ribadu is a vote for The Banishment of Corruption and Looting, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Agricultural Revolution. Vote Nuhu Ribadu for 2011 Presidential Elections and Get the Real Dividends of Democracy. He is the change we need. Don't vote for looters in disguise, don't vote for Former Dictators that will make life unbearable for Human Right Oriented People. Vote Nuhu Ribadu for President 2011. The time is now, it is Possible. Nuhu Ribadu for sure.

Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by seanet02: 5:57pm On Mar 04, 2011
A vote for Ribadu is a vote for Progress, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Improved Standard of Living, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Economic Development, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Positive Transformation, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Massive Industrialization, a vote for for Ribadu is a vote for The Banishment of Corruption and Looting, a vote for Ribadu is a vote for Agricultural Revolution. Vote Nuhu Ribadu for 2011 Presidential Elections and Get the Real Dividends of Democracy. He is the change we need. Don't vote for looters in disguise, don't vote for Former Dictators that will make life unbearable for Human Right Oriented People. Vote Nuhu Ribadu for President 2011. The time is now, it is Possible. Nuhu Ribadu for sure.

Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Sagamite(m): 6:10pm On Mar 04, 2011
Honestly, after watching this, the display by Fashola shows that he is way above and ahead of these other candidates. He is structured, clear and intelligent in his delivery and queries.

The ANPP Tokoya is a reeetard with his constant Divine rubbish.

The JK Randle is a complete cretin with his rant as a 67 year old so he must be able to see the Governor. And he rambles on insisting on his age and making stewpid claims of sacrifice for lagos, not putting forth any logic. What a foool.

The APGA ediot rambled so much and never knew where his argument was or going sometimes that the facilitator had to ask him "So what is your question". I felt depressed and was thinking these are the kind of incompetent mooorons that are in public positions in Nigeria. How the hell do you achieve goals in a meeting with such a fooool.

The PDP Dosunmu was the only credible opposition and he was full of PDP.  undecided
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Tunmi(f): 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2011
Sagamite:

Honestly, after watching this, the display by Fashola shows that he is way above and ahead of these other candidates. He is structured, clear and intelligent in his delivery and queries.

The ANPP Tokoya is a reeetard with his constant Divine rubbish.

The JK Randle is a complete cretin with his rant as a 67 year old so he must be able to see the Governor. And he rambles on insisting on his age and making stewpid claims of sacrifice for lagos, not putting forth any logic. What a foool.

The APGA ediot rambled so much and never knew where his argument was or going sometimes that the facilitator had to ask him "So what is your question". I felt depressed and was thinking these are the kind of incompetent mooorons that are in public positions in Nigeria. How the hell do you achieve goals in a meeting with such a fooool.

The PDP Dosunmu was the only credible opposition and he was full of PDP.  undecided
Takoya's diviness was pissing me off. Every question: "I'm divined". Finally he stopped.

Dosunmu actually supported Fashola when he mentioned Jakinde because that was what Fashola was doing. They both built houses and provided them to Lagosians at affordable rates. Fashola is still in the process of that, which should be finalized by ending of March. Their jabs were funny though and Fashola was so composed.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Sagamite(m): 6:27pm On Mar 04, 2011
Honestly, shame on Pat Utomi for producing such a reetard as JK Randle as candidate of his party.

I would rather go candidateless than produce such a dunce!
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Blackteeth(m): 6:28pm On Mar 04, 2011
That debate looked like a secondary school pupils debate. No time watch rubbish. Not even that they are sincere they will do what they say.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by tlops(m): 6:32pm On Mar 04, 2011
some of those guys are simply clueless and power hungry.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Time2Think(f): 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2011
what brilliance did anyone see in Fashola?
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by eros(m): 7:17pm On Mar 04, 2011
Time2Think:

what brilliance did anyone see in Fashola?

Do you suppose you could do better than him
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Apollonio: 7:49pm On Mar 04, 2011
I submitted a question,but was not read to the participants.I wanted the moderators to help me find out what all the candidates, except the incumbent govenor,His excellency Fashola (SAN) smoked before the start of the debate.
And I am still curious even as I am typing this now.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Time2Think(f): 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2011
From first hand info - none of them smokes.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by kulutempa: 8:36pm On Mar 04, 2011
This debate is all one needs to watch to understand what is wrong with our country. It is more than obvious that most of the candidates are incapable of putting together clear, well thought out and relevant answers to the questions put to them. It simply shows that in a country that has produced a Nobel prize winner, world class intellectuals and professionals, our leaders are our achilles heel. Can you imagine anyone of the candidates with the exception of Fashola, and maybe the Dosunmu guy, holding his own against an MP in England, or an American senator, and responding to questions in a measured, calm and logical manner? I have long ago come to the conclusion that people who get to leadership positions in Nigeria, and most of Africa, are not usually the most intelligent, refined or well educated. They are instead people ruthless enough, brutal enough, and cunning enough to push others aside and claim the main prize which is usually the keys to the state coffers and the motivation for seeking political office in the first place. We should have more of these televised debates so that we can see for ourselves the dangers of allowing the inept and the incompetent to lord it over us.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Time2Think(f): 8:39pm On Mar 04, 2011
This is why we will never progress in Nigeria. You are using the performance of a few 4 or 5 people to condemn the entire country.

So sad.

Must you compare everything with anything oyinbo? Come on - say something better. MP ko, MPA ni. Senator ko, Senator ni.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by kulutempa: 8:46pm On Mar 04, 2011
Time2Think:

This is why we will never progress in Nigeria. Y[b]ou are using the performance of a few 4 or 5 people to condemn the entire country. [/b]

So sad.

Must you compare everything with anything oyinbo? Come on - say something better. MP ko, MPA ni. Senator ko, Senator ni.

I am doing nothing of the sort. The fact of the matter is that there are better candidates in Lagos not to talk of Nigeria, than some of the jokers I saw in that debate. We can do better. Much better.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Thalophyta(f): 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2011
@proudly9ja, wher at plz? Am readin d encyclopaedia of yoruba cuz of dat grin
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by majoroller: 8:59pm On Mar 04, 2011
I'm very sure everybody that has spoken here doesn't have or own a business,surely fashola is the man and he has all the abilities a governor should process ,however the issue of multiple taxation should be a concern to everybody that has a business or runs one,if also with the amount of revenue Lagos generate you guys still feel fashola is the man for doing his job then we're doomed in this country ,i personally think the opposition doesn't have a clue and issues were not tackle in this debate,so therefore my vote is not going to a party that's not helping my business rather forcing me out of business in other country federal and state government will think about how to help small business grow but here reserve is the case and you guys can even see that,i agree with dosumu on issues like the tax,how the revenue are being distributed and the state of infrastructure in the state ,if we look @ the revenue in Lagos state you should agree with me then that all Lagos street has got to be tired and not major street like we see.The issue of using money generated from this state to finance other states is also worrisome and must be addressed,to crown it all fashola is doing his job and we mustn't give him the highest props yet cause he hasn't been able to court the wing of his godfather that make our revenue not fully utilised and those are real issues.I believe fashola has the right and genuine intentions however he's surrounded by ashiwaju boys which make his job extremely impossible ,we all know the amount paid to tinubu's company every month and trust me this people are no jokes they have sold all the lands in this state,ACN IS A RECRIMINATED PARTY,SAME AS PDP ,PEOPLE OPEN YOUR EYES.MY VOTE GOES TO CPC,
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Sagamite(m): 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2011
kulutempa:

This debate is all one needs to watch to understand what is wrong with our country.   It is more than obvious that most of the candidates are incapable of putting together clear, well thought out and relevant answers to the questions put to them.  It simply shows that in a country that has produced a Nobel prize winner, world class intellectuals and professionals, our leaders are our achilles heel.   Can you imagine anyone of the candidates with the exception of Fashola, and maybe the Dosunmu guy, holding his own against an MP in England, or an American senator, and responding to questions in a measured, calm and logical  manner?   I have long ago come to the conclusion that people who get to leadership positions in Nigeria, and most of Africa, are not usually the most intelligent, refined or well educated.  They are instead people ruthless enough, brutal enough, and cunning enough to push others aside and claim the main prize which is usually the keys to the state coffers and the motivation for seeking political office in the first place.  We should have more of these televised debates so that we can see for ourselves the dangers of allowing the inept and the incompetent to lord it over us.  

GBAM!

I was in shock to realise that kind of JK Randle fooooool is what our local press would hold in high esteem because he ran a private practice that was successful in our incompetency jungle.

He is probably one of the numerous but few that were privileged to attend school up to university back in the day, even maybe abroad, and because of that developed an air about themselves since they got top jobs/opportunities easily in a new independent country. Not realising he got what he has because of limited competition and development, he is really not one of the best or intelligent. This air lead to arrogant complacency and stagnation in personal development that has resulted in the rubbish the man has turned into. His attitude and personality really really riled me up. I bet he is the type that is connected because of his stewpid so-called legacy and then has influence in running public life, hence we have the decayed society we have today.

I loved the way the highly, fcking highly, intelligent Fashola said, "It is not the age of this men that is the problem, it is the age of their ideas".

That man was a fcking fooooooooooool! "I am 67 years old, I am man of importance in society, please ask the governor why he has turned down my request to see him repeatedly especially when I wanted to help a daughter of another important past hero get a job in government" ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by ShangoThor(m): 9:17pm On Mar 04, 2011
OK it has to be said,

There was no debate!

What I witnessed was an adhoc question and answer session mainly fired at Fashola. Where was the debating? Randle used the opportunity to bring up a personal matter; Dosunmu was asking about published accounts, where was the debate, was there any substance to any of the responses? Do Nigerians actually know what debate means? I weep for my nation this is the best Lagos has to offer and the main challenges to Fashola’s incumbency? Put it this way, the combined incompetence of the other contestants made Fashola shine like the Northern Star.

Its time for the younger more confident generation to take over as the old guard continually display sheer incompetence. This is Nigeria, not the Federal Sharia Banana Republic of Niger Area.

[size=14pt]We need to fix the malfunctioning State in order to fix our problem! [/size]
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Time2Think(f): 9:20pm On Mar 04, 2011
More like a question and answer - not a debate session.

We used to go for debates in secondary school. We know the difference when they say debate and when they say Q/A.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by akings100: 9:43pm On Mar 04, 2011
Am an ardent ACN follower, but let us not be deceived by our blind loyalty to fashola, Dosunmu performed well in dat debate more than Fashola.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Time2Think(f): 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2011
Fashola couldnt answer a few questions from Dosunmu

1. about the roads costing 1billion Naira per kilometer

2. the houses that sells way over 40m - 50m Naira

3. the un employment register he promised to create in 2007 - he claimed its on their website - not sure if it ever was.

4. why dont they publish the costs of their projects for others to see.

5. housing for the populace.

and a few others.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Emmz(f): 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2011
majoroller:

I'm very sure everybody that has spoken here doesn't have or own a business,surely fashola is the man and he has all the abilities a governor should process ,however the issue of multiple taxation should be a concern to everybody that has a business or runs one,if also with the amount of revenue Lagos generate you guys still feel fashola is the man for doing his job then we're doomed in this country ,i personally think the opposition doesn't have a clue and issues were not tackle in this debate,so therefore my vote is not going to a party that's not helping my business rather forcing me out of business in other country federal and state government will think about how to help small business grow but here reserve is the case and you guys can even see that,i agree with dosumu on issues like the tax,how the revenue are being distributed and the state of infrastructure in the state ,if we look @ the revenue in Lagos state you should agree with me then that all Lagos street has got to be tired and not major street like we see.The issue of using money generated from this state to finance other states is also worrisome and must be addressed,to crown it all fashola is doing his job and we mustn't give him the highest props yet cause he hasn't been able to court the wing of his godfather that make our revenue not fully utilised and those are real issues.I believe fashola has the right and genuine intentions however he's surrounded by ashiwaju boys which make his job extremely impossible ,we all know the amount paid to tinubu's company every month and trust me this people are no jokes they have sold all the lands in this state,ACN IS A RECRIMINATED PARTY,SAME AS PDP ,PEOPLE OPEN YOUR EYES.MY VOTE GOES TO CPC,

I didn't go into details but this was exactly what i was trying to say when i said Dosunmu made some valid points.( Especially the highlighted parts) Even the fact that most Nigerians cannot afford to buy a house etc. People must try to understand that other people are entitled to their opinions and views on tins. I personally do not support anyone and like i said earlier on i am not that into politics and that is why i didn't finish watching the debate. Pls note that my opinions are mine and yours are yours.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by honeric01(m): 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2011
Time2Think:

3. the un employment register he promised to create in 2007 - he claimed its on their website - not sure if it ever was.

and a few others.

Did you actually watch the debate? if you did, did you mute your TV when Fashola was answering all these questions? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Sagamite(m): 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2011
Time2Think:

and a few others.

As serious an issue as most of those are, it is easy for Dosunmu to make such accusations.

What is fashola suppose to do? You think as Governor he has time to monitor every single thing? In 4 years he is suppose to have solved all the public problems of incompetence and corruption?

Fashola has set a clearly, undisputable fantastic vision for Lagos, he has implemented to a high standard in the midst of serious chaos and historical incompetence some of the policies and objectives to achieve this vision. Not everything will be perfect in 4 years considering the historic rot of society in competence/morals and the little political power he had prior. It is easy for people like Dosunmu to pick holes.

Dosunmu repeatedly claimed to have served for 24 years per excellence. What a reetard, what excellence? Does he know what excellence stands for? Nigeria was going to a rot, some official that probably "took his share" and did nothing claimed to have serve "per excellence". What excellence was in any activity in Lagos in the period of 24 years he claimed. Even Atiku/Marwa would have claimed serving Nigeria in excellence.

Emmz:

I didn't go into details but this was exactly what i was trying to say when i said Dosunmu made some valid points.( Especially the highlighted parts) Even the fact that most Nigerians cannot afford to buy a house etc. People must try to understand that other people are entitled to their opinions and views on tins. I personally do not support anyone and like i said earlier on i am not that into politics and that is why i didn't finish watching the debate. Pls note that my opinions are mine and yours are yours.

Next time try and listen to all views before you rank participants.

You said you only saw the Dosunmu argument and did not see the others but yet you were quick to jump to say Dosunmu won. And under democracy, you have the right to vote? undecided

Being entitled to your opinion does not mean lame opinions are not irritating.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Emmz(f): 10:20pm On Mar 04, 2011
@ Sagamite pls why cant you read my statements carefully b4 saying stuff i didnt say. I said i didn't wait for the debate to end. That does not mean that i didnt watch and listen to what the other participants said on some of the questions asked. I did not wait to watch them answer to all the questions.

I never said i listened to Dosunmu alone. Y do u have to join the crowd. It is obvious that you didnt read any of my comments but the last one. My previous posts on this topic shows that i commented on Fashola and JK Randle as well so obviously i watched more that just dosunmu's response.

Argggggh this Fashola supporters self. You seem to be biased. It is obvious that you love the man no probs there. I also admire him to an extent but i am not blinded by my support for someone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. / MEND Attacked The Petrol-Tankers At Abuja NNPC Depot / How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.