Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,556 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? (11470 Views)

Poll: Who Was The Most Impressive Candidate After Watching Lagos State Governorship Debate Organised By Channels TV?

Fashola: 91% (253 votes)
Dominic: 0% (1 vote)
Tokoya: 1% (5 votes)
Dosunmu: 6% (18 votes)
Randle: 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard / Jimi Agbaje And Ambode At The Lagos State Governorship Debate (Photo) / Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 04, 2011
[size=15pt]Didn't watch the interview but my vote still goes to Fashola,[/size]
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by youngies(m): 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2011
I watched the debate live and couldn't believe my eyes. The debate just proved that there is no alternative for Lagos other than ACN for now.

There is a gulf between BRF and the Dosumumu guy.

Dosumumu is so clueless that even when a little school child asked him what his plan was for the improvement of public schools in Lagos. The guy just looked into the camera and said something like, "I shall do something"

As for Mr. Randle, it was clear that he is living in the past. The moderator tried his best to wake him up to smell the coffee.

I do not reckon with the rest, they were just there for entertainment value.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by darne(m): 2:09pm On Mar 04, 2011
Fasholar All the waaaaaaaayyy !!!!, He already owned it before they came !
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by sevule(m): 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2011
Definitely Fashola. The debate was no contest AT ALL!!!! The other contestants were simply clueless. Dosunmu is a disgrace just like his PDP ilk. No vision, plan or agenda.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by proudly9ja(m): 2:27pm On Mar 04, 2011
Considering the experience he's had for four years running now and position as incumbent, I do not rate Fashola high  based on the debates. He shied away from issues that if the opposition had planned well, may have floored him on easily.

For instance, on the issue of the tolls and cost of road construction in Lagos State, he only refered us to a website which (correct me if I'm wrong) only support the arguements of the opposition i.e. the costs are way too high.
If I was Dosunmu for instance, I would have come to the debate with those costs and also cost of building such roads in about five different countries and tendered it for the viewing public to see. That's what you do at a debate not to make allegations. (I remember the Abiola/Kingibe vs Tofa debates in 1993).

I also am not happy at the way he responded to the question from Mr Randle. I think he was unneccessarily rude. Maybe its the way I was brought up but I know you don't disrespect people older than you especially people who have paid their dues.

Overall though, I'm sad for Lagos. Fashola has done a good job over the past four years. But the level of opposition is saddening. Opposition are meant to keep you on your toes and bring out the best in you. The ones I saw at that debate seems to me like they are only there for a share of the cake. Fashola can only be there for another four years. What happens in Lagos after that?
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Tunmi(f): 2:29pm On Mar 04, 2011
I like the, what do you call him?, the M.C.  He spoke well and he had a good command of the event. But, they could have forewarned the audience, before they started taping, about the rules: wait till the end of the debate. 

However, I am immensely proud that this was aired and posted on YouTube. 
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by temmytanny(m): 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2011
proudly9ja:

Considering the experience he's had for four years running now and position as incumbent, I do not rate Fashola high  based on the debates. He shied away from issues that if the opposition had planned well, may have floored him on easily.

For instance, on the issue of the tolls and cost of road construction in Lagos State, he only refered us to a website which (correct me if I'm wrong) only support the arguements of the opposition i.e. the costs are way too high.
If I was Dosunmu for instance, I would have come to the debate with those costs and also cost of building such roads in about five different countries and tendered it for the viewing public to see. That's what you do at a debate not to make allegations. (I remember the Abiola/Kingibe vs Tofa debates in 1993).

I also am not happy at the way he responded to the question from Mr Randle. I think he was unneccessarily rude. Maybe its the way I was brought up but I know you don't disrespect people older than you especially people who have paid their dues.

Overall though, I'm sad for Lagos. Fashola has done a good job over the past four years. But the level of opposition is saddening. Opposition are meant to keep you on your toes and bring out the best in you. The ones I saw at that debate seems to me like they are only there for a share of the cake. Fashola can only be there for another four years. What happens in Lagos after that?

you are truly right, no opposition and since there is none, Fashola all the way. They all came to ridicle fashola a SAN but unfortunately things dint go there way.

FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015 grin grin grin grin
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by youngies(m): 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2011
proudly9ja:

Brother, I disagree. The onus is on the opposition to plan well, they all had the same timeline.

You see what I am saying? You don't come to a gun fight with a matchete. It means you are clueless, Dosumumu is as clueless as the rest of 'em. The onus lies on the opposition to be well prepared, even ambush BRF. Dosumumu ought to have been persistent with his demand for answers.

Again, I disagree. Mr. Randle appear to have come to the debate with only one thing in his mind - to ridicule BRF. But instead, he got served! Respect they say is reciprocal. Permit me to quote "It is not about their age, it is about the age of their ideas" . . . BRF 2011

May your dayz be long!
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Thalophyta(f): 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2011
@Proudly 9ja

if fashola shud be a presidential candidate in 2015, wu go been im vice? Mrs. Dora Akunyili? Dat wud av bin a perfect combination. Nigeria will be very very "neat" cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by temmytanny(m): 2:49pm On Mar 04, 2011
dora or ngozi would be a perfect combination
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by DejiYesufu(m): 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2011
@ Moderator
Oyo State gubernatorial debate is on for Tuesday, 10am, Trenchard Hall UI. Organized by Splash FM(105.5). We would it appreciate if you place a similar pole on nairaland for us to have a feel of things, after the debate.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2011
Should BRF present himself for 2015 presidential race and Ngozi comes in as VP,we shouldn't pay the latter with USD oh.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by proudly9ja(m): 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2011
Thalophyta:

@Proudly 9ja

if fashola shud be a presidential candidate in 2015, wu go been im vice? Mrs. Dora Akunyili? Dat wud av bin a perfect combination. Nigeria will be very very "neat" cool cool cool cool cool

Me I fear Aunty Dora these days tbh. While I don't doubt her intellectual capacity one bit, I don't rate her high in the area of loyalty. But Ngozi Okonjo should be a good candidate.

youngies:

Brother, I disagree. The onus is on the opposition to plan well, they all had the same timeline.

You see what I am saying? You don't come to a gun fight with a matchete. It means you are clueless, Dosumumu is as clueless as the rest of 'em. The onus lies on the opposition to be well prepared, even ambush BRF. Dosumumu ought to have been persistent with his demand for answers.

Again, I disagree. Mr. Randle appear to have come to the debate with only one thing in his mind - to ridicule BRF. But instead, he got served! Respect they say is reciprocal. Permit me to quote "It is not about their age, it is about the age of their ideas" . . . BRF 2011
May your dayz be long!
Ofcourse I agree the opposition did not plan well. Even if the plan was to ridicule Fashola, they executed it like touts at a motorpark. You don't make allegations just like that, you table your facts.
Considering that the opposition has had 12 years to prepare (Tinubu's 8 and Fashola's 4), if this is the best they could do, its worrisome. BTW, what happened to Jimi Agbaje? He did very well at the debates 4 years ago.

As for Randle and Fashola, I don't know what beef they have for each other, I still think Fashola was rude. I can assure you that someone will quote that adage for Fashola when he gets to that age someday.  I also do think Fashola would have won more admirers if he had handled the matter maturedly.

Let's not get carried away though, all we've seen is on TV. These guys will prolly be somewhere this weekend drinking and sharing jokes after giving us (the 'masses') something to 'forget our sorrows'.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by temmytanny(m): 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2011
DejiYesufu:

@ Moderator
Oyo State gubernatorial debate is on for Tuesday, 10am, Trenchard Hall UI. Organized by Splash FM(105.5). We would it appreciate if you place a similar pole on nairaland for us to have a feel of things, after the debate.

everybody dey do for telly, oyo wan do for radio. them no wan make we see akala face
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by proudly9ja(m): 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2011
DejiYesufu:

@ Moderator

I like the venue of this debate. Such debates should be held in citadels of Learning. Kudos to the organisers.

I hope Akala will be there?
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by tlops(m): 3:10pm On Mar 04, 2011
Randle is an historian.

history wasted is time.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by dgov(m): 3:17pm On Mar 04, 2011
FASHOLA ON TOP

RIDE ON JOOOO
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by youngies(m): 3:26pm On Mar 04, 2011
proudly9ja:

As for Randle and Fashola, I don't know what beef they have for each other, I still think Fashola was rude. I can assure you that someone will quote that adage for Fashola when he gets to that age someday.  I also do think Fashola would have won more admirers if he had handled the matter maturedly.

Let's not get carried away though, all we've seen is on TV. These guys will prolly be somewhere this weekend drinking and sharing jokes after giving us (the 'masses') something to 'forget our sorrows'.

Maybe it's me, but I don't think that Fashola was rude. Mr. Randle came with an attitude that was very condescending not only to Fashola as a person, but also to his office. Fashola's responce was very apt and direct. There was no insult.

Don't forget that Mr. Randle went further to insult the person of BRF, when he was asked about the literacy statistics of Lagos. He went thus: "I am not sure what the figure is, but I know that in the last 24 hours another figure has been added to illiterate Lagosians in the person of Fashola" Right there on live TV  grin

Ofcourse I know that they may be somewhere this weekend sharing the same lap dancers.  undecided
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Thalophyta(f): 3:30pm On Mar 04, 2011
author=proudly9ja link=topic=615506.msg7845417#msg7845417 date=1299247629]
Me I fear Aunty Dora these days tbh. While I don't doubt her intellectual capacity one bit, I don't rate her high in the area of loyalty. But Ngozi Okonjo should be a good candidate.

ngozi is currently the MD of world bank of africa. She cant do 2 things at a time na.

And as for Akala; don't fink he will be present. cuz i avnt heard im speak english. Will lyk to c im speak one day cuz he really looks like eleran ibadan!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
NO OFFENCES!!!
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by proudly9ja(m): 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2011
youngies:

Maybe it's me, but I don't think that Fashola was rude. Mr. Randle came with an attitude that was very condescending not only to Fashola as a person, but also to his office. Fashola's responce was very apt and direct. There was no insult.

Don't forget that Mr. Randle went further to insult the person of BRF, when he was asked about the literacy statistics of Lagos. He went thus: "I am not sure what the figure is, but I know that in the last 24 hours another figure has been added to illiterate Lagosians in the person of Fashola" Right there on live TV  grin

Ofcourse I know that they may be somewhere this weekend sharing the same lap dancers.  undecided

I actually said a big 'ouch' when Mr Randle made that statement. lool.
Im not absolving Randle, don't get me wrong. He was childish from the start and didn't handle the situation well. I also agree he 'invited' the response from Fashola. I just feel Fashola could have handled it more maturedly. But then again, maybe Im comparing the man with my own age. He may just be old enough to be Fashola's brother but he's old enough to be my Father if not Grandfather sef. So maybe I'm biased in that respect.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by proudly9ja(m): 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2011
Thalophyta:

ngozi is currently the MD of world bank of africa. She cant do 2 things at a time na.

[b]And as for Akala; don't fink he will be present. cuz i avnt heard im speak english. [/b]Will lyk to c im speak one day cuz he really looks like eleran ibadan!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
NO OFFENCES!!!

We can 'loan' her again nah and pay her in dollars, lool.

As for the Oyo debates, Im sure the organisers can make room for interpreters.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Thalophyta(f): 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2011
proudly9ja:

We can 'loan' her again nah and pay her in dollars, lool.

As for the Oyo debates, Im sure the organisers can make room for interpreters.

lwkmd. I will volunteer to do that if at all he needs one.

At least, i can go for a BSc in Yoruba Engineering becuz of him. Cuz i fear his conc. accents. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by tlops(m): 3:42pm On Mar 04, 2011
I am sure he will agree to see Mr Randle soon.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by youngies(m): 3:44pm On Mar 04, 2011
I am not really worried about the inability of Akala to communicate effectively in English

I will like to see an articulate Akala give an exposé about his achievements in the last four years, and also marshal out his plans for the future for the good people of Oyo State.

He may choose to speak in pidgin which I understand very well or Yoruba, I can get Dayokanu to translate and transcribe for moi  cheesy
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by proudly9ja(m): 4:03pm On Mar 04, 2011
Thalophyta:

lwkmd. I will volunteer to do that if at all he needs one.

At least, i can go for a BSc in Yoruba Engineering becuz of him. Cuz i fear his conc. accents. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Hurry! The debate is tonight, short course in Yoruba Engineering!

youngies:

I am not really worried about the inability of Akala to communicate effectively in English

I will like to see an articulate Akala give an exposé about his achievements in the last four years, and also marshal out his plans for the future for the good people of Oyo State.

He may choose to speak in pidgin which I understand very well or Yoruba, I can get Dayokanu to translate and transcribe for moi  cheesy
lool, true talk
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by proudly9ja(m): 4:04pm On Mar 04, 2011
I only hope that unlike Lagos state, Oyo state opposition will be able to provide better and more well informed candidates.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by cinzo: 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2011
This post is gone.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by congoshine(m): 4:11pm On Mar 04, 2011
Yeeeeeee ! I feel embarrassed for Bashorun J.K Randle o !  shocked shocked shocked shocked

This fashola no get respct o ! the guy finish the old man mehn . . . .  (Part 5 from 6:00)

Thanks for sending the Youtube links. . . God bless.
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Sagamite(m): 4:20pm On Mar 04, 2011
9ijaMan:

In fact there was an instance when Dosumu insinuated that Lagos is not benefiting from the FG because the state is being controlled by the opposition. Meaning FG is deliberately starving Lagosians off funds required for infrastructural development because ACN rules the state. This is the same PDP that wants Lagosians to vote for them!

If he really said this, then he is a reetard!

So are people being threatened that you have to vote for the ruling party to be treated right!

Ediot!
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by youngies(m): 4:23pm On Mar 04, 2011
^^
Dosumumu was just behaving all night like someone who just got off a pepper soup joint and gbam into Muson center
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by sley4life(m): 4:27pm On Mar 04, 2011
Who else. No other person than BRF
Re: Who 'Won' The Lagos Governorship Debate On Channels TV? by Sagamite(m): 4:34pm On Mar 04, 2011
PeeDaVinci:

links on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7w1iV60mkk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qEXNnKb7ew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCgTDbUOWdE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk2KiUZfpko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr9m6E1HwEE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsOYIFnnY-M

Honestly, this ChannelsTV introducer/moderator/facilitator is irritating the hell out of me with his reetarded, wannabee fone accent.

Gawd! What a fooooooooooooool, I have belly aches out of disgust. undecided

Furthermore, the cretins at ChannelsTV did not know how to write names of candidates on TV screens and they have no sound Editor to synchronise actual on-screen speech with sound of speech.

2011: So-called Giant of Africa!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ending Off-shore Derivation / SSS Raid Bomb Factory In Kano / May 30 ‘Sit-At-Home’ Order: IPOB, MASSOB On Collision Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.