Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,115 members, 7,852,789 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:41 AM

Why I Stayed Away From Oduduwa Republic Rally –Aare Gani Adams - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Stayed Away From Oduduwa Republic Rally –Aare Gani Adams (2794 Views)

Oduduwa Republic Rally Hits Ibadan (Photos) / Ihedioha: Why PDP Governors Stayed Away From Street Protest / Otunba Gbenga Celebrates With Aare Gani Adams And Sells Atiku's Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stayed Away From Oduduwa Republic Rally –Aare Gani Adams by Difrent: 8:36am On Oct 03, 2020
naira123:
This is not an insult: Never, I repeat Never trust a Yoruba person if you want to achieve a goal in life. They're very good at betraying......

Betrayal is an iboman. if not why is every ibo man NOT supporting Biafra?....its because you are good at betraying your leders....did it to Ojukwu and Uwazurike and now Nnamdi Kanu who has been accusing ibo leaders of betraying him to FG....was that not why Ekweremadu got the Ipob treatment in germany?.......in yorubaland, Sunday Igboho is nobody. i dont blame you, its Seyi makinde thats empowering known thugs and hired killers like Auxillary and Igboho that gave you mouth to talk.
Re: Why I Stayed Away From Oduduwa Republic Rally –Aare Gani Adams by bolaayenimo: 8:46am On Oct 03, 2020
Off the mic pls

Difrent:

Betrayal is an iboman. if not why is every ibo man NOT supporting Biafra?....its because you are good at betraying your leders....did it to Ojukwu and Uwazurike and now Nnamdi Kanu who has been accusing ibo leaders of betraying him to FG....was that not why Ekweremadu got the Ipob treatment in germany?.......in yorubaland, Sunday Igboho is nobody. i dont blame you, its Seyi makinde thats empowering known thugs and hired killers like Auxillary and Igboho that gave you mouth to talk.
Re: Why I Stayed Away From Oduduwa Republic Rally –Aare Gani Adams by Uchek(m): 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2020
Average Yoruba and selective amnesia. Always displaying a false narrative of history. As much as I am not a fan of Zik, he did it go behind Awo or betrayed him to form any government with the same North.

It was your double-faced Awolowo that was responsible for the collapse of NCNC and Action Group(AG) attempt to form a coalition for the post-independent civilian government. He double-dealed by sending two different delegations to Zik and Ahmadu Bello, simultaneously, to discuss the possibility of coalition. When Zik found out through a call by Ahmadu Bello during the visit of AG's delegation to Eastern Nigeria, it foreclosed any chance of Zik - Awo political alliance. Remember once(1951 Western Election) beaten, twice shy.

Ok let me agree with you that Zik was wrong for rejecting Awolowo's offer of partnership and forming the post-independent government with the North, did Awolowo not repeat the same 1960 mistake of Zik in 1967 by joining Gowon's dictatorship and aligning with the North to fight against the Igbos in Nigeria-Biafra War. In fact, Awo's mistake was worse and more grievous. Zik participated in a civilian democracy under a federal system where true federalism was adhered. Your anti-military Awolowo participated in a military dictatorship birthed and sustained in blood of innocent Nigerians( babies, children, pregnant women, old men) under a unitary system where the resources of the region's were hijack by the military administration.

You're a typical Yoruba who deploys double standard of morality to judge Awolowo and Zik.

You lampoon Zik for aligning with the North in 1960 but ignore Awo's alignment or second-fiddleship in 1967 with the North when he accepted the position of Finance Commisioner and Vice-Chairman of Federal Economic Council(FEC). Worse of all, when we spotlight Awo's similar action, you folks come with some "patriotic bullshit" behind his civil-war action.

Deal with the truth: Both Zik and Awolowo were politically visionless and foolish.With all their education and exposure, they were outmoded and outwitted by the less educated Ahmadu Bello. The average Igbo can deal with this salient truth about Zik. It is the average Yoruba that has refused to face this reality about Awo. That's why they tirelessly engage in historical revisionism.

apex0038:
What else will you call that but is that you don't know record, if there is anything betrayal is majority of Easterners, Awo saw in 1950s that Hausas are not ready for independence or good enough to stay together with but Zik betrayed him by go behind and from government with the same North, why Biafra can not succeed is betrayal here and there Massob,ipob,Igbo renewal, pfrb,and so on .Many Yoruba resigned in Loyalty to their Oga,from Oyinlola 2xe,Bolaji Abdullahi 2xe,Muiz banire and so on,many Yoruba Governors were loyal to their predecessors even after gaining power. You can not see such Igbo land. Facts without abusing anyone.
Re: Why I Stayed Away From Oduduwa Republic Rally –Aare Gani Adams by slivertongue: 6:15pm On Oct 03, 2020
” We have cases where the government plant people to start a struggle and such a person will be speaking to you as if he is sincere not knowing that his real intentions is to penetrate into you, get all the secrets in the group and then leak it to the government. We must be very careful”.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stayed Away From Oduduwa Republic Rally –Aare Gani Adams by ariesbull: 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2020
stonemasonn:
it's an insult. I won't talk about the MASSOB guy and the many betrayals he faced even by the neophyte Nnamdi Kanu.

But he said the truth

... First it was muric, second it was yoruba Muslims, third it was muslim students and now this one calling himself Aare or what

You see why they don't take you guys serious

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News!!!! Nmandi Kanu Has Just Accepted Nigeria Govt Challenge. / Eastern Security Network Enugu West On Patrol To Keep The Forest Safe. / BREAKING News. Video:fulanization Of Nigeria In 2021 Shocking Revelations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.