Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally (8067 Views)

BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read / Bomb Blast Kills 3 In Jalingo / Breaking News: Fresh Bomb Blast Kills 50 In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 04, 2011
Gbawe:

You think everyone will be like you in rejecting a man they consider competent merely because he is from the North? Please go away with your blanket generalisation and statements . It is repellent and not at all consistent with the sort of ideology-based thinking that will move Nigeria forward.

Hail BUHARI the Dictator turn messiah jut because he chose to run with Bakare a Yoruba man.The best bet for this country is for every geo-political zone to go it's own way because there is no more honesty.People dont support based on true convinction but on the Religion and Tribes.Buhari a Dictator of all people competent? May god deliver this nation.At 70 Competent?May god save us from our fellow naija's.Buhari an islamic fundamentalist competent because he chose a yoruba pastor as running mate? Then if buhari is competent,Gadahafi must be the best and most competent leader in africa today!!!
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by igboboy1(m): 6:43am On Mar 04, 2011
I think it was carried out by a yoruba pesin, cool
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 04, 2011
9ijaMan:

This is the reason why Buhari is head and shoulders above ilks such as GEJ and the PDP gang. Buhari does not need to rent crowd. He is loved and well respected. I also donot suppose these people are members of Nairaland o!

[center][/center]

PDP with all their efforts at renting crowd, using brute force and the Nigerian to prevent opposition parties from holding rallies are still unable to muster as many supporters as seen above!

Loved indeed where? In his far away North west where the rally is suppose to be a zonal one.So what do you expect from a zone whose population are mainly Fundamentalist like Buhari.Buhari should go round the 6 geoploitical zone and replicate such.Only a fool would not espect him to pull much crown in where the dumbest Nigeria know is his strongest zone.But the fact remains that GEJ will get the required 25 or 24% from his home stte Katsina and all other state in the North west,and that is all he need.And it is high time we started praising this man GEJ,if it were in the dark old days,Buhari will of course as usual loose even his village.GOODLUCK May God bless you for creating that environment for people like Buhari and Ribadu to be able to Air their view,what they dare dont do when Dictators like Buhari was in power
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by anonimi: 6:49am On Mar 04, 2011
Democracy dividends CANNOT be obtained through ACN - Autocrats Congress of Nigeria- old men imposing their wives, kids, in-laws, relations and maybe even househelps on their party members. angry angry angry
Progress CANNOT come from ACN- Alliance for Corruption in Nigeria with Tinubu as their leader. shocked shocked shocked
Shine your eyes, identify, scrutinise, select and mobilise support for your national and state assembly legislator candidates on individual merit basis NOT blindly on party basis.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 04, 2011
chriswely:

Say no to Ribadu, tis country isnt safe with someone like dt, he should turn himself in n answer to tha moni dey claim he stole, n nt to discriminate on religion but a muslim-muslim ticket wont work in dis day Nigeria. Lastly with someone like Tinubu as his puppeteer den we all in for shitttt,

Say no to GEJ, he is work than a puppet, he is more of a voodoo dull, controlled by tha worse set of ppl in tha country, likes of OBJ, etc. Havin a mentor like IBB is a slap to Nigerians faces, cos dt isnt tha kinda of leader we want, he is soooooo chicken dt, i tink Yar'adua used his liver so he cud live longer, he got no balls dtz y his wife cudnt bear for mii, Phd in Zoology, does Nigeria luk like a zoo, plz to tha zoo n compete wit tha Lion for King,

Say no to Buhari, He is a blood thirsty Jihadist, he cnt stand opposition, his way or no way, his past isnt clean at all, go ask Chief Solomon Lar who sent him to prison, go listen to Fela tapes for some reminded, he should neva claim he can fight corruption wen he was corrupt himself,

My voters card is with me n i dnt kno who to vote, wt a country?
I love your sincerity
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Beaf: 7:56am On Mar 04, 2011
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Pharoh: 8:48am On Mar 04, 2011
Ozin:

I love your sincerity

Thanks for your post, i thought we were few that could even reason, be sincere and honest about all what is happening here right now. It is such a big shame that people could be calling buhari competent and that's why i asked him, more competent than you?. ACN could not even choose a vice presidential candidate and apart from fashola we are not hearing about any other credible people in the party. Fixing Nigeria is not by just getting your man to be president, it takes more than that. Fashola is even running his mouth here and there and not like he has even performed or done anything substantial to even deserve a second term.

Anyway i am hoping this country should just divide because sincerely there is no basis for our unity or continued existence as one if we are reasoning this way.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by seanet02: 8:52am On Mar 04, 2011
Beaf with his sioux of S.T.U.P.I.D.I.T.Y!
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Beaf: 8:56am On Mar 04, 2011
seanet02:

Beaf with his sioux of S.T.U.P.I.D.I.T.Y!

lol. You look niiiiiice in the pix! grin
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by seanet02: 9:48am On Mar 04, 2011
Beaf:

lol. You look niiiiiice in the pix! grin
Yeah! You look so sad in the pix! Lol
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by baslone: 10:13am On Mar 04, 2011
I fell sorry for this nation day by day. Too bad He's just too clueless!
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Abayomin70(m): 11:08am On Mar 04, 2011
in d years back it was BOXING we all step up usin GUNS now we are usin BOMBS
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by monkeyleg: 11:17am On Mar 04, 2011
Sometimes I wonder what any of us gets out of this forum. Constant abuse, and unsubstantiated accussations
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by jmaine: 11:35am On Mar 04, 2011
Gone round all politics thread and noticed we have the Buhari / GEJ feud division which is quite interesting . But if you insist that GEJ is clueless then why should i vote for another loser who knows next to nothing than just giving us a hard man stance. if you want technocrats as you would be quick to point out the enviable Lagos State governor Babatunde Fashola as the idle candidate to keep the opposition at bay and sweating. Now, does the candidacy of Buhari/ Bakare portray such intelligence ? or you expect all of us to cut off our noise to spite our faces just because we feel GEJ is dumb and foolish.

You all Preach progress . .  Then devote all your energy to sell the candidacy of Prof. Pat Utomi and other technocrat who belong to our generation and no more of the old guard dictators i.e OBJ, Buhari, TY Danjuma and co.  enough of this Buhari is the messiah . . ruling and moving Nigeria is not just by acting and talking tough. . it is by knowing what you really want to do and how to go about it. Please do not throw that manifesto into my face. we have seen enough of that already and they were even more promising.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 04, 2011
@bk.babe97y

loved ur satire especially about moses the raven and the sugar candy mountain, brilliant
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by skydeexie(m): 11:43am On Mar 04, 2011
It's time to sheath your swords and forgive one another Nairalanders. Now here is the conclusion of the whole matter!

Ecclesiastes 12:11-14 (KJV)

"11  The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

12   And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

13   Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14   For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Fearcom(m): 11:50am On Mar 04, 2011
Politics of Blood  angry
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Diligence: 12:03pm On Mar 04, 2011
OVER AND OVER AGAIN, THE PROBLEM IS NOT JONATHAN, BUT PEEE DEEE PEEE, AFTER 12 YEARS, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT -- I GUESS IT'S HI TIME WE WENT FOR 'CHANGE'

AND METHINKS BUHARI SHALL DELIVER WITH DISCIPLINE!
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Guyman02: 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2011
My only concern about Buhari is that I have not seen prominent Northerners giving him open support apart from the Talakawa and Almajiris who keep shouting mai gaskiya, mai gaskiya!. meaning 'a man of truth and principles'.
The belief is that if he gets into power many corrupt politicians in the country will end up in jail like Thief Bode George and thats why people like Adamu Ciroma will rather insist on having an Atiku Abubakar as Northern presidential candidate than Buhari.

The bomb blast is absolutely unnecessary, killing vegetable sellers in Suleja trying to eke out a living for themselves, perhaps the perpetrators want to start a revolution in Nigeria like Tunisia and the Arab world where a vegetable seller who set himself ablaze has led to the collapse of many Govts and a change of the leadership process in many Middle East nations.
May the good lord accept the souls of the departed fellow citizens and give their families the fortitude to bear their loss. Amen
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by alldone(m): 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2011
that is rather sad, if you have problem with a party face them why kill innocent citizens
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by chikaflora: 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2011
@all done,you sounded like a puppet,just because beaf accussed cpc,u agreed it was them,i do not think pastor bakari or anything he is associated with will support murder.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Biscute(f): 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2011
Why bombing the innocent people?
why bombing in the border area of Suleja ?
who detonated the bomb ?
Nigerians let us rise against these nasty
and unholy behaviours before God will be
angry with us.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by sley4life(m): 4:54pm On Mar 04, 2011
May their soul rip
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by mrperfect2(m): 4:57pm On Mar 04, 2011
So sad for the country.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by bkbabe97y(m): 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2011
ehie:

@bk.babe97y

loved your satire especially about moses the raven and the sugar candy mountain, brilliant

Thanx. Really appreciate it. And I'm glad I could at least get my message across.

I hope it got some minds thinking tho, I really do. . . . .
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by bkbabe97y(m): 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2011
jmaine:

Gone round all politics thread and noticed we have the Buhari / GEJ feud division which is quite interesting . But if you insist that GEJ is clueless then why should i vote for another loser who knows next to nothing than just giving us a hard man stance. if you want technocrats as you would be quick to point out the enviable Lagos State governor Babatunde Fashola as the idle candidate to keep the opposition at bay and sweating. Now, does the candidacy of Buhari/ Bakare portray such intelligence ? or you expect all of us to cut off our noise to spite our faces just because we feel GEJ is dumb and foolish.

You all Preach progress . .  Then devote all your energy to sell the candidacy of Prof. Pat Utomi and other technocrat who belong to our generation and no more of the old guard dictators i.e OBJ, Buhari, [b]TY Danjuma [/b]and co.  enough of this Buhari is the messiah . . ruling and moving Nigeria is not just by acting and talking tough. . it is by knowing what you really want to do and how to go about it. Please do not throw that manifesto into my face. we have seen enough of that already and they were even more promising.

Dude, try to be consistent. . . and make sense!

Look at the bolded, who is "hanging out" with them? GEJ or Gen.Buhari?
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by omanzo02: 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2011
What amaze me most here is most Buharist here are diasporas and Nigerians who don't step out of their local government area nor their state or have a clue of the reality on the ground about april poll other than reading and digesting wire and newspaper( free readers association members)  propaganda from Buhari.

I was in Nigeria 2 weeks ago and I could'nt find any proof, assurance or indication that Buhari is a strong contender in April, I was in NW, SS, SE, NC and NE to visit friends and family members and Buhari don't seem to be the people's first choice, I chatted with the common men and women wherever I go to guage their perception on the current political dispensation, PDP may not be the darling party but has been able to reachout and speak with the electorate in person, But the people don't see CPC'ers and ACN'ers, man Nigerians are more wiser than we think on NL. The reality on the ground is that a regional polical party that believe he can win a national election is living in the wildest fantasy land. My advice for Buhari/Buharist is to nurture CPC till it becomes a national property and try again in 2015.

From what I saw and experienced, those who thinks Dodan barrack records and religious favour will win in april for Buhari should prepare for a shocker when it's all over for him, believe it or not GEJ will smash Buhari with a wide magine without rigging and still he's going to scream he was rigged, want to bet?

Well, then I hope NL will still be in existed to hear your sermon.

peace and out.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by jmaine: 8:02pm On Mar 04, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Dude, try to be consistent. . . and make sense!

Look at the bolded, who is "hanging out" with them? GEJ or Gen.Buhari?

My Guy don't shy away from plain fact that the afore mentioned people including Buhari all belong to the old Guard and we do not need them in any form. Just because i mentioned Buhari in the equation and you feel am inconsistent. Guy, it is now glaring you also wear the same sentimental cap you gladly accuse  the GEJ supporters of. You failed to point out to me how intelligent the Buhari/ Bakare ticket are, and why people like Pat Utomi are not in your mix of the expected messiahs.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by 9ijaMan: 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2011
omanzo02:

What amaze me most here is most Buharist here are diasporas and Nigerians who don't step out of their local government area nor their state or have a clue of the reality on the ground about april poll other than reading and digesting wire and newspaper( free readers association members)  propaganda from Buhari.

I was in Nigeria 2 weeks ago and I could'nt find any proof, assurance or indication that Buhari is a strong contender in April, I was in NW, SS, SE, NC and NE to visit friends and family members and Buhari don't seem to be the people's first choice, I chatted with the common men and women wherever I go to guage their perception on the current political dispensation, PDP may not be the darling party but has been able to reachout and speak with the electorate in person, But the people don't see CPC'ers and ACN'ers, man Nigerians are more wiser than we think on NL. The reality on the ground is that a regional polical party that believe he can win a national election is living in the wildest fantasy land. My advice for Buhari/Buharist is to nurture CPC till it becomes a national property and try again in 2015.

From what I saw and experienced, those who thinks Dodan barrack records and religious favour will win in april for Buhari should prepare for a shocker when it's all over for him, believe it or not GEJ will smash Buhari with a wide magine without rigging [/b]and still he's going to scream he was rigged, want to bet?

Well, then I hope NL will still be in existed to hear your sermon.

peace and out.

In your dreams!
Even with rented crowd, GEJ is consistently being trounced on the campaign trail by Buhari/Bakare.

jmaine:

[b]My Guy don't shy away from plain fact that the afore mentioned people including Buhari all belong to the old Guard and we do not need them in any form
. Just because i mentioned Buhari in the equation and you feel am inconsistent. Guy, it is now glaring you also wear the same sentimental cap you gladly accuse  the GEJ supporters of. You failed to point out to me how intelligent the Buhari/ Bakare ticket are, and why people like Pat Utomi are not in your mix of the expected messiahs.

I wonder if the problem with Nigeria has anything to do with the age of our leaders! How you GEJ cronies reason really beats me! Haba, use your God given grey matter and ask yourself for just this one time: What really is the problem of Nigeria? Corruption or old age?
Which of the candidates parading themselves canvassing for our votes can move Nigeria forward based on their past records and achievements?
If you truly can answer these simple but critical questions without lying to yourself, then I believe you'll understand what Buharism stand for!
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by jmaine: 2:12am On Mar 07, 2011
9ijaMan:

I wonder if the problem with Nigeria has anything to do with the age of our leaders! How you GEJ cronies reason really beats me! Haba, use your God given grey matter and ask yourself for just this one time: What really is the problem of Nigeria? Corruption or old age?
Which of the candidates parading themselves canvassing for our votes can move Nigeria forward based on their past records and achievements?
If you truly can answer these simple but critical questions without lying to yourself, then I believe you'll understand what Buharism stand for!

If you have nothing reasonably to say or answer the Question please do us a favour and shut the phuck up. you are getting too lousy with your tantrums this days. I asked a simple question that, must i cut off my nose just to spite the face by voting for Buhari whose candidacy does not portray any brilliance in any form just because GEJ is dumb. And why are good and brilliant technocrats like Prof. Pat Utomi not given so much energy since he has loads of solutions for the Nigerian economy and way forward, or your trying to tell me he is not an achiever and perhaps, did not belong to the military Junta to handle Govt port folios. What you ended up doing is throw in your usual " I have the best brain in town false hype and believe". answer a simple question or you kindly shut up for someone else who might do better. Thanks
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by 9ijaMan: 10:17am On Mar 07, 2011
jmaine:

If you have nothing reasonably to say or answer the Question please do us a favour and shut the phuck up. you are getting too lousy with your tantrums this days. I asked a simple question that, must i cut off my nose just to spite the face by voting for Buhari whose candidacy does not portray any brilliance in any form just because GEJ is dumb. And why are good and brilliant technocrats like Prof. Pat Utomi not given so much energy since he has loads of solutions for the Nigerian economy and way forward, or your trying to tell me he is not an achiever and perhaps, did not belong to the military Junta to handle Govt port folios. What you ended up doing is throw in your usual " I have the best brain in town false hype and believe". answer a simple question or you kindly shut up for someone else who might do better. Thanks
You are either too young or too naive or both.
Pat Utomi is not known to have managed anything else successfully. You should also not get too lazy researching to research candidates who aspire to for leadership position. Was it not this same Pat Utomi under whom Volkswagen crashed when he was COO of the company. He's been chairman of the Economic forum for ND, and what has he been able to achieve. There is a huge difference between a technocrat who makes a lot of noise but achieves nothing compared to Technocrats whose policies yield instant results.
Would any sane Nigerian compare a Pat Utomi with technocrats such as Okonjo Iweala, Soludo or even Sanusi Lamido Sanusi? You can't even compare him with the likes of Fola Adeola.

It boils down to the same thing, it's not about being a technocrat but about what the individual has achieved. We judge people by what they've achieved in whatever capacity they find themselves.

I hope you are satisfied now. If you need more info about Pat Utomi, Google Search is there for you. Use your brain and stop being lazy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend / Calls For Resignation Of INEC Chairman Unfair-nans / Gbajabiamila For Speaker: Gov Ajimobi Mobilises Oyo APC Representatives To Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.