Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381400 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
Shawbabe:
LOL!!! I swear this IS charity not our Uncle Charity aka TeamsclickAir wey wan use style guy us grin
lol....All have posted also is different airlines with there current prices . A simple Google search on the airlines would have shown you there website and you can complete your booking there. It is well smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 9:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 9:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
You guys shd cut Teamclicksir some slack... Personally, I felt he was just been helpful. He never requested anyone contact him, no need for throwing jabs @ him for no just cause.. Beg, teamclicksair, which airline is d cheapest for now? Pls don't mention Airmaroc beside me o. Had a "memorable" exp with them once, never again!!.I'm almost certain on the one I would fly but it doesn't hurt to know..
TeamclicksAir: lol....All have posted also is different airlines with there current prices . A simple Google search on the airlines would have shown you there website and you can complete your booking there. It is well smiley

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dollsjay: 9:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
What's ur email so I could send you other details
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dollsjay: 9:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
Do you have any travel experience
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
mabels: hello beautiful parents. I have been a silent follower of this forum for some months now (running to 18months) b/cos I had to read from page 0 - 146 and also because I lost my pregnancy last year and lost interest. I intend to discontinue my family planning this month and I renewed my visa last week Friday. I have some questions for the mamas,

1. Do I need to inform the embassy of my intentions once am pregnant
2. My husband wants me to travel @ 5months which I don't think is possible cos of my work
3. When is the best time to travel ( this is my 5th Pregnancy) and ve had complications in the past coupled in serious ruptured ectopic pregnancy last year.

Thank you

Hi dear, how long were you on birth control? No one is telling me anything, d docs jst said I shd come back for chk up in 6 wks. I lost my twins last week at 27 weeks, but they were born via CS, my visa expires next august, I have a target to make sure I use it for childbirth, I even have a ticket pending sef,
What BC were you on, hw effective was it? They say I need to heal from the CS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 10:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
twizzie: You guys shd cut Teamclicksir some slack... Personally, I felt he was just been helpful. He never requested anyone contact him, no need for throwing jabs @ him for no just cause.. Beg, teamclicksair, which airline is d cheapest for now? Pls don't mention Airmaroc beside me o. Had a "memorable" exp with them once, never again!!.I'm almost certain on the one I would fly but it doesn't hurt to know..
For last minute deals, Qatar and Emirate are the cheapest but if you booking a month in advance then Delta is good also.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 11:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
@nefertitiram. Am sorry abt ur loss. I have IUD right now (intra-uterine device) people say it is 99percent effective. Had 1st in 2010 and removed it mid last year, then I did another one immediately after my surgery last yr. Ve got a friend who used it and had in 3kids in 3yrs all thru Cs so it depends on ur body too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 8:56am On Sep 23, 2014
sayoberry:

shocked that's cheap!!! re u sure?? multiples? unm...

Yup yup I'm sure. I've booked an appointment already.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 10:54am On Sep 23, 2014
@sayoberry, I see your feet running to houston now...lol. cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 11:07am On Sep 23, 2014
Whoa Great Thread i must say. Thanks to every one for sharing. I had my baby in Huston few years ago and i am planning to go back again soon and use same hospital.

On my first trip i didnt have any info all i knew then was i wanted my baby to be an American Citizen .I had a friend in the states an American and I Bless her till tomorrow i was skepitical about asking her but finally did and she was so happy to have me. she lived in Downtown in Houston so I had to find a hospital around there. I sent her $3,000 to hold for me then travelled with $10,000 when i got to the states i was 30 weeks but wasn’t really showing cos i had searched and ordered the perfect maternity top from Next in the UK. I travelled with KLM nice flight all the way. So arrived the US with my jeans and trainers looking like ur normal fat tourist lol. Luckily POE staff was male and didn’t notice my bump.

A day after i arrived the internet and phone where my best companions. i goggled and called and went on about 5 birthing centre Tours. Then i goggled for a doc after calling so many I settled for DR Que Traven reasons were 1. She Started practicing the year I was born(Experience) 2. I wanted a woman cos I felt a woman will understand d needs of a woman more and understand and sew back properly after d delivery Lol. 3. She had great reviews 5.she was less than 10mins away from the house by cab and a cab ride cost me only $6
The hospital I used was St Joseph Medical Centre Greatttttt Hospital . They have a package called Blessed Event Package for cash paying patients $3,000 for Virginal delivery with 2 days stay and $5500 for CS with 3 days stay. I will itemise my total bill below.

1. Cost of Hospital - $3000 + Epidural + 3 course meal for me n hubby + Lab n lots more.
2. Doc Bill - $2000
3. Circumsion - $200
4. Baby doc after birth - $1,200 negotiated to $600
5. Compulsory Hearing Text for all newborn - $ 200

Total for having my baby in the states minus passport n Visa etc was $6,000. And I had the best experience ever. I had no labour pain as I had an epidural I truly delivered like The Hebrew Women maybe better lol. I think I might use them again only am staying in Sugarland this time and thinking of using Methodist Sugarland (I need reviews on this please) though hubby said we can move to Downtown close to delivery time) one thing I want to avoid is hidden cost afterwards like sending bill for Lab and Epidural like one hospital did to my friend.

Story on getting passport in 2 days and Birth certificate same day plus my bad experience with Nigerian Embassy and Visa Renewal will follow later.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 11:19am On Sep 23, 2014
kykes:

@ashleybaker

2700 is for CS multiple birth. It covers weekly doctors visits, fees, tests n 2 visits after birth. Dr. Le uses methodist houston which is 3100 for womanly delivery and 4800 for CS. I'll follow up with the hospital to see what their fees cover.

this sounds great. Please is it Methodist Sugarland and can i get the full details for Dr Le?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 23, 2014
Airpure: Baby doc after birth - $1,200 negotiated to $600

Story on getting passport in 2 days and Birth certificate same day plus my bad experience with Nigerian Embassy and Visa Renewal will follow later.

By baby's doc you mean birth certificate?

Can't wait to read the other part of your experience. wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 11:44am On Sep 23, 2014
Airpure: Whoa Great Thread i must say. Thanks to every one for sharing. I had my baby in Huston few years ago and i am planning to go back again soon and use same hospital.

On my first trip i didnt have any info all i knew then was i wanted my baby to be an American Citizen .I had a friend in the states an American and I Bless her till tomorrow i was skepitical about asking her but finally did and she was so happy to have me. she lived in Downtown in Houston so I had to find a hospital around there. I sent her $3,000 to hold for me then travelled with $10,000 when i got to the states i was 30 weeks but wasn’t really showing cos i had searched and ordered the perfect maternity top from Next in the UK. I travelled with KLM nice flight all the way. So arrived the US with my jeans and trainers looking like ur normal fat tourist lol. Luckily POE staff was male and didn’t notice my bump.

A day after i arrived the internet and phone where my best companions. i goggled and called and went on about 5 birthing centre Tours. Then i goggled for a doc after calling so many I settled for DR Que Traven reasons were 1. She Started practicing the year I was born(Experience) 2. I wanted a woman cos I felt a woman will understand d needs of a woman more and understand and sew back properly after d delivery Lol. 3. She had great reviews 5.she was less than 10mins away from the house by cab and a cab ride cost me only $6
The hospital I used was St Joseph Medical Centre Greatttttt Hospital . They have a package called Blessed Event Package for cash paying patients $3,000 for Virginal delivery with 2 days stay and $5500 for CS with 3 days stay. I will itemise my total bill below.

1. Cost of Hospital - $3000 + Epidural + 3 course meal for me n hubby + Lab n lots more.
2. Doc Bill - $2000
3. Circumsion - $200
4. Baby doc after birth - $1,200 negotiated to $600
5. Compulsory Hearing Text for all newborn - $ 200

Total for having my baby in the states minus passport n Visa etc was $6,000. And I had the best experience ever. I had no labour pain as I had an epidural I truly delivered like The Hebrew Women maybe better lol. I think I might use them again only am staying in Sugarland this time and thinking of using Methodist Sugarland (I need reviews on this please) though hubby said we can move to Downtown close to delivery time) one thing I want to avoid is hidden cost afterwards like sending bill for Lab and Epidural like one hospital did to my friend.

Pls how many years ago was this? Prices may have changed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 23, 2014
i just checked online for cheap flight ooh, Qatar airline is going for $1,149 return ticket outbound to newyork oct 7 to return dec 17.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 12:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
Airpure:

this sounds great. Please is it Methodist Sugarland and can i get the full details for Dr Le?

Yes its methodist sugarland. U can call dr. Le's office on 281-499-4999 ask for Claudia. Abeg if u get a cheaper deal with them lemme know.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
Phema:

By baby's doc you mean birth certificate?

Can't wait to read the other part of your experience. wink

oh i meant Pediatrician that saw the baby afterwards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 12:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
kykes:

Thanks you are a star. Called United. Theirs is 231k valid for 3 months for lagos to straight to houston.

My Dear its like u n i will be friends from now on ohh. lol.

i think i rather use united for 231k pls wats d no to call

n the bill for Methodist u stated earlier is it all inclusive.

from where m staying to methodist sugarland is 14mins

Distance to St Joseph is 25mins

so m still weighing my options
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeyshorlah: 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
Airpure:

That was 4 years Ago but i called them last week and nothing has changed .

You can call the hospital on 713.757.7477

please, can u help with Dr Que email? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 12:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
Airpure:

That was 4 years Ago but i called them last week and nothing has changed .

You can call the hospital on 713.757.7477

Their website states 3100 for normal delivery and 4200 for cs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BVNO: 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
All the mum in the house.....Please guide me on this...

Is there something wrong not taken folic acid during early trimester?

Actually, I was advised by my doctor not to take any medication during my trimester. I adhered to his advice.

I later discovered while searching the net, that it is good to take folic acid before and during pregnancy.

However, the reason he gave was that my body contains what the baby need during the first trismester. Now I'm in my second trimester I was giving Pronatal.

Second question

Which milk is good for a pregnant woman?.

I just got Frisomum, I don't know if it's okay.

Note: If this is not the right place to post my concerns, please pardon me .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
raii:

Their website states 3100 for normal delivery and 4200 for cs

Didnt check the prices on the Web . i called the no
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Alubosa: 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
TeamclicksAir: For last minute deals, Qatar and Emirate are the cheapest but if you booking a month in advance then Delta is good also.

You must be a very matured person. Thumbs up! Respect!!!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
Airpure: oh i meant Pediatrician that saw the baby afterwards

Oh, ok. Was wondering which document will cost $600 grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
Airpure after reading ur post and d three course meal stories all of a sudden I'm taken in by your experience with St Josephs med center!
Abeg I would be sending you a private message u can jus reply to get my email directly. pls biko let me have ya doctors email or phone number so I can check out her current rates and book an appointment sharply!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 2:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=BVNO]All the mum in the house.....Please guide me on this...

Actually, I was advised by my doctor not to take any medication during my trimester. I adhered to his advice.

I later discovered while searching the net, that it is good to take folic acid before and during pregnancy.

However, the reason he gave was that my body contains what the baby need during the first trismester. Now I'm in my second trimester I was giving Pronatal.

Second question

Sister, may be you should ask your doctor personally I don't think anything will happen just cos you didn't take folic acid.just eat healthy and get your plate as colourful as possible when u eat. I think healthy eating plus ur prenatal vitamins are just fine.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by meine: 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
MadameU: Airpure after reading ur post and d three course meal stories all of a sudden I'm taken in by your experience with St Josephs med center!
grin grin grin See wetin 3 course meal wan cause,Chai,chai. Your husband has already paid $20k deposit at Mayo clinic,so leave this one for us.

I also noticed lots of posters have been quiet on this thread and I suspect you are all waiting for MIHS to lift embargo abi? . grin. God is watching all of you via 3D. Make una no book am finish when they lift it,leave small remain.grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
^^^ Lol@ embargo. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PeaceF(f): 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gigi240: 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=BVNO]All the mum in the house.....Please guide me on this...

Second question

You need folic acid before, during and after pregnancy. It is not late for you to start taking it. It is important throughout the duration of your pregnancy.
Friso mum is good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.