Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381631 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 6:38am On Sep 24, 2014
@Virtousdiva. Plan is to be there by mid November by special grace of God.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 6:46am On Sep 24, 2014
My people make una wake up o day don break o! We are up MIHS don change mind yet? And ehm the El paso brethen how market? I've had the most refreshing laughs in the last 24hrs, I called St Josephs in downtown houston as mentioned by Airpure who by the way has not responded to my personal email, they sound good too but the Doctor she used years ago iIs no longer with them think she's retired. Just tot to share! Cheers to great choices and new possibilities everyone. @Tvegas thanks for the Tetuila soundtrack
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 7:14am On Sep 24, 2014
kykes:

Hiya....lol I just called methodist sugarland. What's ur email so I can forward what they sent to me.

pls fwd to me too at inforep1000@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 24, 2014
nefertitiram: But it is still cheaper than El Pason na!

Yea yea. . . By $10! grin

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 7:25am On Sep 24, 2014
Hello all,

Please for those who used delta airlines, how many days to travel do I need to get the doctor's fit to fly? I am planning on arriving during the coming public holidays (1st week October) and just want to ensure I cross all mt ts properly.lol grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 24, 2014
MerryMom: Border don dey close o. El Paso 2 chance remaining! Oya wole pelu $5410 e oh. grin

Is lapping allowed? grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 7:48am On Sep 24, 2014
Morning guys, just to state that there is no war between the hospitals o. We are just trying to make light of a disappointing review and to encourage our brethren. God knows I was also waiting for that reviewgrin. GEJ must go for this sha, na so he take cancel our fuel subsidy.

NB: To serious matters,information reaching us says a massive crowd led by Phema, Raii,MadameU,and Toitoi have been trying to cross our border since 5am this morning. We need charitable citizens of the border to help with crowd control and passport inspection.
@Phema, there is no lapping please join the queue. Thanks as you comply.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 7:53am On Sep 24, 2014
@tvegas: I got the alert too on exodus of people and they are at the border. Please let's go and welcome them. They are our brethren. We would sing for them the normal church song " you are welcome in the name of the Lord, we can see all over you ......"

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2014
I had a dream that someone that planned going to mihs before was reworking the budget sheet. I saw that the budget for shopping was drastically reduced. The person was making correction to feeding budget. Who is the person? Stop the budget adjustment. Come over to El paso now

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 8:07am On Sep 24, 2014
sayoberry:

my feet is even is Houston already.
meanwhile I've sent so many mails to so many hospitals that when I get a reply I can't tell from which hospital it is from.
I'm searching for the cchhheeeaaapppeeesstttt hospital I can get.
Dr fagbohun is still the cheapest when I calculated.
west Houston- just sent one mail I don't understand
gwinnette-no go area
doctoresparati-no chance for vagainal delivery
Dr William oduro- I don't know the name of the hospital
pack land abi Wetin d name-Singapore hospital grin
unknown mail from a hospital- maybe scam
I think Dr oduro is north metro....

I no know sef.
I'm contacting Dr sugar land today to confirm that 2700 @kykes told me. if its true ehn....
to born two na work!!

If you are in Houston call ST Joseph Medical Center
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 24, 2014
Tvegas: To serious matters,information reaching us says a massive crowd led by Phema, Raii,MadameU,and Toitoi have been trying to cross our border since 5am this morning. We need charitable citizens of the border to help with crowd control and passport inspection.
@Phema, there is no lapping please join the queue. Thanks as you comply.

This queue is too long. They might stop letting people in before it gets to my turn. Abeg, u fit squeeze me enter your Ghana-must-go? I'm very petite. Don't worry, they won't notice. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yabilalz: 8:10am On Sep 24, 2014
Dear All,

I am silent reader of this thread from last week. We expecting our first baby in first week of January. I am in process of visa and expecting to travel by December.

I would like to request anyone please recommend me hospital in Citrus Height Area in California. My realitives are there, so I would be comfortable. Also 2nd option I have is doctorsparati. Any one have recently experience with them.

Many thanks for reading.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 8:12am On Sep 24, 2014
Hey Ladies has anyone used United airlines while pregnant. I am going to houston and will like to fly direct wat was d experience to n fro
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 24, 2014
Ye Doctores Para Ti, your prodigal daughter commeth. cry

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 8:19am On Sep 24, 2014
Phema:
This queue is too long. They might stop letting people in before it gets to my turn. Abeg, u fit squeeze me enter your Ghana-must-go? I'm very petite. Don't worry, they won't notice. cheesy
Paddy when you are at the border,you behave like the borders. No squeezing,no lapping and no stories. You can present your burden of proofs to our officers. @Lizcom, kindly check her burden of proofs properly.@Merrymom Pls give her a thorough pat down and use the scanners.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 8:21am On Sep 24, 2014
@Phema: Just join the queue. The border town will take us all. So Tvegas will arrange for quick passage. You are welcome

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 8:23am On Sep 24, 2014
@Phema. You see now. Tvegas has asked that I check your documents. I will just check how much you carry finish. So send details now for processing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 8:26am On Sep 24, 2014
all these our El Paso mamas and papas, abeg nah, pity our MHIS people switching over to your end. Have a heart and give them an outstanding welcome..lol.. you guys are cracking me up this morning...I have got a huge smile on my face.. thanks for making my day.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 8:30am On Sep 24, 2014
yabilalz: Dear All,

I am silent reader of this thread from last week. We expecting our first baby in first week of January. I am in process of visa and expecting to travel by December.

I would like to request anyone please recommend me hospital in Citrus Height Area in California. My realitives are there, so I would be comfortable. Also 2nd option I have is doctorsparati. Any one have recently experience with them.

Many thanks for reading.

Welcome yabilaz, unfortunately as California is an expensive area, I don't think we have many posters here with info on that location. Here google is your friend. Just google the location, hospital and make some calls from 3pm in the afternoon. I am sure you will get some response. Thats what most of the contributors here did. For doctorsparait, take out time and read the blog, a lot has been said on it here and we have so many people headed there, some even there already. You can even click on the name of a poster who has stated they are going there and read previous posts to tell you more. Hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 8:35am On Sep 24, 2014
m

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 8:45am On Sep 24, 2014
Hi Peeps,

So i also called Methodist Sugarland last night and asked for a package for cash paying patients and they adviced as stated below

1.V- Delivery - 2530 for 48 hrs stay
Epidural - 1,500 (a must for me)

2.CS Delivery - 3,780
Epidural - 1500

this is minus Doc Fee

she kept saying its just for Delivery and its covers baby n mother.so i am actually afraid of hidden cost.

let me knw peeps if u got anything different
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 24, 2014
Tvegas and lizcom25, shey na only burden of proof una need? No wahala! This time I commeth with a trailer load.

But, eerrmm. . . Na only $2888 I get for hospital bill with a $250 rebate (as my tfare back to my village). I don't mind if we are 10 in the delivery room. We go run am General Hospital style. The more the merrier. cheesy

Goodmorning guys and have a wonderful day ahead kiss

Make I go work go find the remaining balance for MIHS money. cry

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 8:46am On Sep 24, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yabilalz: 9:07am On Sep 24, 2014
mamacajah:

Welcome yabilaz, unfortunately as California is an expensive area, I don't think we have many posters here with info on that location. Here google is your friend. Just google the location, hospital and make some calls from 3pm in the afternoon. I am sure you will get some response. Thats what most of the contributors here did. For doctorsparait, take out time and read the blog, a lot has been said on it here and we have so many people headed there, some even there already. You can even click on the name of a poster who has stated they are going there and read previous posts to tell you more. Hope this helps.

Many thanks mamacajah.

Much appreciated, I have sent emails to many hoospitals of California - so far no luck.

Anyway, What other options do I have If I go with my wife only - How long minimum husband should stay with wife before delivery and after in case if I shortlist doctorsparati.

Many thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 9:13am On Sep 24, 2014
Cheiii @ MIHS mamas, I sympathise with you grin grin grin grin, but don't worry God dey. For those looking for other options apart from the Border Town (I hail una border people oo), why not look into Gwinnett (in Atlanta) also? This is a summary of the costs I have so far:

1. Hospital Fees: $2,400 - $3,600 after discount if you pay within 30 days (40% discount)

2. Dr Fees: Dr Oduro- $2,100
Dr Soyoola - $2,475 (this was after I used all my power to price from $2,675 grin grin)
Gwinnett group of OBGYN's - $1,800

I called last week. They asked me to fax over my medical records which I am yet to do and I will keep the house posted once I do.

All in all, you can use Gwinnett for an uncomplicated delivery for approximately $4,200 - $4,875 depending on the obgyn used.
My friend who delivered there says to budget less than $500 for paediatrician and about $250 max for circumcision.

With these few points of mine, I hope I have been able to convince you and not confuse you that we have other options too grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 24, 2014
^^^Not bad. What about accommodation?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 9:21am On Sep 24, 2014
Wow @Jaejae, thanks very much for all the info o, you have done a lot of work there. Have you decided which hospital you will be using?

I spoke to Dr. Soyoola recently and he said the best he could from his original quote of $2,675 was to come down to $2,475 undecided , $200 pere!
And he also said I need to do a deposit of $1,500 (and I should include $200 to cover bank charges if transferring from outside the US).

But someone else on this thread advised me to look into using one of the obgyn's attached to Gwinnett itself as the price is a lot cheaper at $1,800 and I have spoken to them but have been asked to fax over some documents. I will keep everyone posted.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nomanicole(f): 9:22am On Sep 24, 2014
anonymousmum: see as thread full grin grin grin

MHIS you have broken hearts o... #teamhouston grin

Team houston o! Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 9:23am On Sep 24, 2014
Ok sorry, how could I have forgotten grin

I got accommodation for a total of $1,600 per month including feeding and transportation for hospital visits and shopping - it's a Nigerian lady that offers this as a service to preggy's, she is the one my friend used earlier this year.

Phema: ^^^Not bad. What about accommodation?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.