Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,538 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380433 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 05, 2014
@damsell, I doubt they will allow you board. Most of these agents do not know jack about these policies. The last thing you want is getting to the Airport and they send you back. Just process your refund and go with another airline.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 9:20am On Oct 05, 2014
I thank you and i say amen to ur prayer to start with.....my dear I wld really like u to go through my question and I think its totally diff from what I av read.....I stated there that I av read all days before I asked the questions...what I av read so far on the thread is abt which hospital is affordable and mostly abt accomodation,flight,nannys,question at the poe,what month one can travel,how to get the child's passport,extra cost on birth complications,birth of twins,epidural and all.....also abt those lying at the embassy abt being pregnant or not....my question is if paying my bills gives me a better chance of getting a visa and also if anyone knows who can guide me on the visa application so as not to make mistake....tnx anyways as I will continue reading till get to understand better....we re one family and I might be of help to anyone tmr...tnx and God bless
mamacajah:

tenic09, first of all, congrats on the pregnancy! wishing you safe 9mths ahead.

Please take time to read thru the thread, the questions you asked have been answered already.
You will also get more information you require for all the other areas you need anwsers to.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 9:27am On Oct 05, 2014
@rail....tnk you so much...I really appreciate ur reponse...I just pray they give me the visa irrespective of whichever one I do
raii:

I think it depends on you but most mamas jst used a doctor's appointment but u can show tge VO a document showing the bills you would be paying and your acct statement showing enough funds.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummybee: 9:40am On Oct 05, 2014
@tenic09 I see u've really read a lot on this thread. Well, paying hospital bills, or accommodation bill or whatsoever doesn't guarantee ur Visa approval. Its like u're pushing the VO to a tight corner and trust me dat kain tin fit vex dem. When u're not sure of getting d visa, y go ahead to pay bills? Are you applying alone or with hubby? Pls stil go ahead to read d rest of the pages or click @PhEma's post 2 see her 'burden of proof'. That should guide you alot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 10:33am On Oct 05, 2014
tenic09:
my question is if paying my bills gives me a better chance of getting a visa and also if anyone knows who can guide me on the visa application so as not to make mistake
Since you've read through I feel obliged to also respond. Paying your bill before the interview doesn't guarantee a visa, it has worked for some and it didn't work for some. The key thing is that the VO must be convinced that you are qualified for a NIV before anything. Therefore your strong ties to Nigeria and performance during the interview is what you should focus on.

I will advise you to personally package your application as 3rd parties can make costly errors that will tarnish your record for life. An agent once told me to put married in my form while I was single. Apart from some certain types of Visa you don't need an agent's help. If you have further questions post them here and let's tackle them so that others can learn. And like @mummybee said "Thou shalt know the proofs and the proofs shall set you free"
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 10:42am On Oct 05, 2014
I will do that now....am applying alone...tnx a bunch
mummybee:
@tenic09 I see u've really read a lot on this thread. Well, paying hospital bills, or accommodation bill or whatsoever doesn't guarantee ur Visa approval. Its like u're pushing the VO to a tight corner and trust me dat kain tin fit vex dem. When u're not sure of getting d visa, y go ahead to pay bills? Are you applying alone or with hubby? Pls stil go ahead to read d rest of the pages or click @PhEma's post 2 see her 'burden of proof'. That should guide you alot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 05, 2014
tenic09:
I will do that now....am applying alone...tnx a bunch

You can check pages 104 and 105 of this thread. You will see a detailed account of my interview and documentation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 10:55am On Oct 05, 2014
Am now happy as all these comment re giving ways......hmmmm...am already writing them down....the issue is just that I run a business of my own but I don't av a registered name yet...I also av a dubai in and out visa on my present passport and also a dublin visa which was denied some years back....also my passport wld expire next year feb..which I can't apply on the present passport untill I renew it and that time I will be 6months gone by then....my hubby has been to US but the major problem is we don't av thesame name on our passport...I seriously need help towards the application
Tvegas:
Since you've read through I feel obliged to also respond. Paying your bill before the interview doesn't guarantee a visa, it has worked for some and it didn't work for some. The key thing is that the VO must be convinced that you are qualified for a NIV before anything. Therefore your strong ties to Nigeria and performance during the interview is what you should focus on.

I will advise you to personally package your application as 3rd parties can make costly errors that will tarnish your record for life. An agent once told me to put married in my form while I was single. Apart from some certain types of Visa you don't need an agent's help. If you have further questions post them here and let's tackle them so that others can learn. And like @mummybee said "Thou shalt know the proofs and the proofs shall set you free" grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 11:09am On Oct 05, 2014
@tecnic09 Who will be acting as your sponsor? Yourself or your hubby? If it is your hubby then you will need his statement of accounts, proof of employment/source of income etc. I don't think it's such a problem that your business is not yet registered, you can simply explain to the VO if asked what you do that you do small scale buying and selling and that your hubby is the main sponsor.

But if you will be sponsoring yourself then yes, you will need to show proof of income, be able to account for the funds in your account, prove that you have enough to sufficiently cover the birthing project, prove you have strong ties here in Naija etc etc

my hubby has been to US but the major problem is we don't av thesame name on our passport..
I'm assuming this means your passport still carries your maiden name? This is not a problem at all as discussed on this forum several times, as long as you have your marriage certificate. I guess you can also carry your affidavit for change of name, and newspaper page showing your marriage announcement. Hope this helps.

I seriously need help towards the application
Please don't be soo worried / anxious, the application is not as hard as you think at all and it's something you can do by yourself - as @Tvegas said you don't need an agent. Any other questions you have I'm sure the house will be happy to help out in any way.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sessibasi: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2014
Dammiecouture:
. @sessibasi pls aw long is it frm phoenix to tucson?

2hrs to tucson another 2hrs back to phoenix
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummybee: 11:40am On Oct 05, 2014
@tenic09 hubby and I haven't even been to Benin republic talkless of out of the country and we were granted our Visas. My point, it doesn't matter if u've travelled far and wide. Just get ur documents ready, proof dat u're capable of paying ur bills and all dat. I'm sure ur hubby is the one sponsoring, den u can go along with his bank statement of course, with mouth watering figures wink .

Since u stil have ur maiden name on your old passport and it's gonna expire next year Feb, my advice, apply for a new passport that will bear ur hubby's name 'Abuja things'. You can get it done this month then you can proceed with your visa application. My old ppt will expire 2016, buh because I wanted my hubby's name on my new passport, I applied for another and I got it that same month. (had to travel down to Abuja).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 11:44am On Oct 05, 2014
Tnx...my major problem abt my passort is this...
In jan 2009 I applied for a visa at the uk embassy and I was denied of it cos of fake acc details given to me by someone that gave me invitation letter which affected me..
In 2010 I tried island embassy(dublin)which the agent that helped me then advised I change my surname claiming am married stating reason that uk and dublin embassies av connections togther...that I av to change that passport that they refused me on and also change my surname claiming am married...as I don't know anything then so I had do wat he asked me to do..
I went to abuja...changed the surname and that is still the present passport I have that will expire soon...my hubby's name is diff from mine and if he has to be the sponsor I will be happy abt it cos he has all it takes on his document to help me to a point and interview does the rest....Now if he sponsors and we have diff names...won't my own passport indicate married to another name/the name I used in 2010 which its not his/i know av made a big mistake by changing my name in the first place but trust me I did it out of little or no knowlegde...
GenoMI:
@tecnic09 Who will be acting as your sponsor? Yourself or your hubby? If it is your hubby then you will need his statement of accounts, proof of employment/source of income etc. I don't think it's such a problem that your business is not yet registered, you can simply explain to the VO if asked what you do that you do small scale buying and selling and that your hubby is the main sponsor.

But if you will be sponsoring yourself then yes, you will need to show proof of income, be able to account for the funds in your account, prove that you have enough to sufficiently cover the birthing project, prove you have strong ties here in Naija etc etc

my hubby has been to US but the major problem is we don't av thesame name on our passport..
I'm assuming this means your passport still carries your maiden name? This is not a problem at all as discussed on this forum several times, as long as you have your marriage certificate. I guess you can also carry your affidavit for change of name, and newspaper page showing your marriage announcement. Hope this helps.

I seriously need help towards the application
Please don't be soo worried / anxious, the application is not as hard as you think at all and it's something you can do by yourself - as @Tvegas said you don't need an agent. Any other questions you have I'm sure the house will be happy to help out in any way.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2014
Hello Tenic09,
It seems your agebts have been advising you wrongly. Anyway, kindly avoid using agents going forward. Almost all the embassies have simplified theire processes to eliminate middlemen (agents) and make their visa application user friendly.
Now, conceringing your issue, the best thing is to get a new passport in your new marital name. As long as you have your marriage cert and newspaper pub for change of name, you can change your mane on your passport in abuja. Therz no law against cahnging your name as many times as you want as long as you have the required documents to proove it.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Luxury: 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hi Guys, My wife (MissG) delivered our 1st child/Son on 4th October at 6.33am CT. She will be here soon to tell her story! Our son came 10 days early!! We give God all the Glory!
I need guidance on vaccinations to get in the US for our LO. Also the fastest process to getting his US passport and nigerian visa/passport.
You all have been invaluable on here. Thanks

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
Luxury:
Hi Guys, My wife (MissG) delivered our 1st child/Son on 4th October at 6.33am CT. She will be here soon to tell her story! Our son came 10 days early!! We give God all the Glory!
I need guidance on vaccinations to get in the US for our LO. Also the fastest process to getting his US passport and nigerian visa/passport.

Congrats Luxury, which state did ur wife birth ur son? So dat d gurus will direct u on d processes. Regards 2 ur family
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
@tenic09 Pele, I see agents have confused you a lot. Use this opportunity to get a clean passport, use your appropriate name and marriage status, apply for the right visa yourself online and go to the visa interview with correct documents. Heaven may smile on you.

Meanwhile, all these agents that collect money from people, lie and help people to mess up their applications, how do they sleep at night. God dey sha.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Luxury: 7:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
pattyreal:

Congrats Luxury, which state did ur wife birth ur son? So dat d gurus will direct u on d processes. Regards 2 ur family

She gave birth in "frisco, Texas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Luxury: 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
Luxury:

She gave birth in 'frisco, Texas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dzizz: 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
Want to say a heartfelt thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread. I read it religiously for months before my visa application occasionally to the chagrin of my husband who refused to become a believer. Well I got the visa with my husband and child last Thursday in Abuja on a day the lady in cubicle 9 was telling almost everyone who came to her "Sorry you don't qualify. ... blah blah".So God just sent in the nice lady in cubicle 8 who I had what I term a pleasant chat with. My hope sha rose when the malignant woman in cubicle 9 put a pregnant couple on administrative processing though they didn't come with hospital papers. feel so indebted to this thread cos I was so confident in God, the information I got from this thread and my preparation. Many people even surprisingly at d embassy didn't think they would give an obviously pregnant woman visa. So I think I am obliged to post my interview transcript cos it may help someone.
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning
VO: I can see u have been to US before
Me: Yes
VO: Where did you stay and how long??
Me: New York, 10 weeks
VO: why so long?
Me: Exchange programme
VO: (with a laugh) trust u enjoyed ur self
Me : yea (laughing too
VO: how long u hv been married
Me: 3 years by Nov
VO: (pointing at my daughter) And you have only this 1 child for now?
Me: yes
VO: You are pregnant?
Me: yes. Want to go and deliver there
VO: let me see your documents.
I hand over my MIHS appointment and maternity package and pointed to her d price list section. gave her my hotel reservation when she asked if I knew anyone in Arizona and I said no.
VO: do u know anyone who has used this hospital
Me: not personally but It came with good reviews on nairaland and their maternity package suited me
VO: what do u do and wat is ur monthly income
ME: I am a ..., working with ... and I earn ...
VO: and ur husband?
Hubby: I am a .... With the government and I earn...
VO: let me see ur account statement
I passed d statements and looked at just d 1st page of mine without even d closing balance though my hubby was d main sponsor.
VO: Your visa would be ready on Wednesday. Mk sure u keep all these documents because they would ask u at POE
Me: (beaming with smiles) I know. Thanks
Footnote: God is the ultimate and honesty really pays In this embassy. Once more, thanks guys

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
Dzizz:
Want to say a heartfelt thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread. I read it religiously for months before my visa application occasionally to the chagrin of my husband who refused to become a believer. Well I got the visa with my husband and child last Thursday in Abuja on a day the lady in cubicle 9 was telling almost everyone who came to her "Sorry you don't qualify. ... blah blah".So God just sent in the nice lady in cubicle 8 who I had what I term a pleasant chat with. My hope sha rose when the malignant woman in cubicle 9 put a pregnant couple on administrative processing though they didn't come with hospital papers. feel so indebted to this thread cos I was so confident in God, the information I got from this thread and my preparation. Many people even surprisingly at d embassy didn't think they would give an obviously pregnant woman visa. So I think I am obliged to post my interview transcript cos it may help someone.
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning
VO: I can see u have been to US before
Me: Yes
VO: Where did you stay and how long??
Me: New York, 10 weeks
VO: why so long?
Me: Exchange programme
VO: (with a laugh) trust u enjoyed ur self
Me : yea (laughing too
VO: how long u hv been married
Me: 3 years by Nov
VO: (pointing at my daughter) And you have only this 1 child for now?
Me: yes
VO: You are pregnant?
Me: yes. Want to go and deliver there
VO: let me see your documents.
I hand over my MIHS appointment and maternity package and pointed to her d price list section. gave her my hotel reservation when she asked if I knew anyone in Arizona and I said no.
VO: do u know anyone who has used this hospital
Me: not personally but It came with good reviews on nairaland and their maternity package suited me
VO: what do u do and wat is ur monthly income
ME: I am a ..., working with ... and I earn ...
VO: and ur husband?
Hubby: I am a .... With the government and I earn...
VO: let me see ur account statement
I passed d statements and looked at just d 1st page of mine without even d closing balance though my hubby was d main sponsor.
VO: Your visa would be ready on Wednesday. Mk sure u keep all these documents because they would ask u at POE
Me: (beaming with smiles) I know. Thanks
Footnote: God is the ultimate and honesty really pays In this embassy. Once more, thanks guys

Congats dear! I key into ur testimony....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
Congratulation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
bloggerina:
Hello,
St Nicholas does not charge anything for medical report & fitness to fly. I can attest to that. Just tell your gynae what you want so he's aware coz he has to sign it and the send an email to their records departement. Its free. They will even scan your entire file for you and send you soft copy if you specifically ask for that. You don't need a printout of your ultrasounds for dr huynh, a scanned copy will do.
Cheers

coolies thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
Congrats!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 9:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
Congrats luxury.

@tenic09.
I wud advise u change ur name to ur husband's, and to do that since you ve done a change of name b4, u ll be needing some documents. When my step sister did hers, the following documents were asked from her
Her divorce paper, (don't forget u can get anything in naija)
The present marriage cert
News paper publication for change of name
Court affidavit
And the other normal documents. Getting ur passport might take time cos change of name takes more time than d normal passport renewal and cos of the new approving madam (officer)there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2014
Freshface:
Hmmmmmm some responses sha oooo! Easy peeps! Be cordial abeg, no one person knows it all. It's a faceless forum but we will all agree d faces unveil with time n d person u r bashing might turn out to be ur life saver sef. One love! Peace!

Meanwhile Phema I called dem n they said 32wks max. What do I do peeps? I'm suppose to leave in less than a week! Teamclicksair n d gurus suggestions plssss! Situation adikwa critical!
As it is now... process your refund and book BA... below is an excerpt from there site

For uncomplicated single pregnancies, we restrict travel beyond the end of the 36th week, and for twins, triplets etc., beyond the end of the 32nd week. After your pregnancy has entered its 28th week, we ask that you carry with you a letter from your doctor or midwife, stating the pregnancy is uncomplicated and confirming the expected date of delivery. In this letter, your doctor should state that you are in good health, that they are happy for you to fly, and that (in their opinion) there is no reason why you cannot fly.
All you need is a letter from your doc.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 11:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
Tnx......I was even told changing my name in abuja now might take close to 4_5 month before I can get d new passport cos of the new policy...am afraid that is not wat I want now cos I don't want anything to affect the application...if only I can be rest assured that I will get the passport before december so every thing can go inline with my time..
I also called an immigration officer today if its possible for me to renew my passport now since its still next year feb before it expires and he told me definitely...thinking maybe I shld still leave tthe change of name for now since someone here said it doesn't matter if myself and hubby av same name or not just backing it up with enough evidence..
My question now is "does it show to dem at the embassy which status one belong on the passport or they don't know since its not written on the passport cos its called E Passport( I.E Miss or Mrs)
mabels:
Congrats luxury.

@tenic09.
I wud advise u change ur name to ur husband's, and to do that since you ve done a change of name b4, u ll be needing some documents. When my step sister did hers, the following documents were asked from her
Her divorce paper, (don't forget u can get anything in naija)
The present marriage cert
News paper publication for change of name
Court affidavit
And the other normal documents. Getting ur passport might take time cos change of name takes more time than d normal passport renewal and cos of the new approving madam (officer)there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 11:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
Tnx phema...I appreciate
Phema:

You can check pages 104 and 105 of this thread. You will see a detailed account of my interview and documentation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by temmytanny(m): 11:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
A little advice for those planning to come to dallas for child delivery. THe cheapest here are the birthcenters but if you experience complication during child birth,be ready to cough out lots of money becos they will transfer you to hospital for treatment. So far JPS clinic is the cheapest in dallas texas but you have to be extra careful. The OBGYN total is $4k(C n S = 5k) but there lots of hidden charges they wont tell you especially if there is complication.
I am talking from xperience guy. My friend's is here for delivery and we visited JPS for inquiries,we asked many times if there are any hidden charges,they said no. She gave birth some weeks back and as am talking to you bills have been rolling in excess of $2k. I had to use my wisdom and cut the bills down to less $1k. JPS will knowingly send bills to you but if you dont contest the bills,you may be required to pay them.For instance, they send the lady a $1200 bill claiming its for physician group that attended to the baby cos the baby had complications.I contested it and told them the owner of the bill has left for nigeria and only gave me just 400$ just incase if any other bill comes in.They dragged it with me for long and i told them i cant pay it from my pocket cos its not my bill and moreover am just a factory worker living in food stamp(scoping them).They said i should pay less 30% of the bill tru payment plan,i refused. They later accepted he 400$ after i told them i wont pay anything.
For those coming to US(dallas-JPS)for delivery,once you get to delivery room,ask what your OBGYN covers and let them know you dont want anything outside the package.If they are giving you anything outside your package they should inform you before giving you.Whenever a nurse or doctor wants to give you anything,ask if its part of your package.
Saw this on lindaikeji website ,i dont know if it might be useful for you guys
http://lindaikeji..com/2014/09/100-babies-and-proudly-counting.html
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by temmytanny(m): 11:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
All in all,budget over 6k for dallas trip(delivery only) and if change remains,your change na you change,you can take it back to naija.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 1:42am On Oct 06, 2014
tenic09:
Tnx......I was even told changing my name in abuja now might take close to 4_5 month before I can get d new passport cos of the new policy...am afraid that is not wat I want now cos I don't want anything to affect the application...if only I can be rest assured that I will get the passport before december so every thing can go inline with my time..
I also called an immigration officer today if its possible for me to renew my passport now since its still next year feb before it expires and he told me definitely...thinking maybe I shld still leave tthe change of name for now since someone here said it doesn't matter if myself and hubby av same name or not just backing it up with enough evidence..
My question now is "does it show to dem at the embassy which status one belong on the passport or they don't know since its not written on the passport cos its called E Passport( I.E Miss or Mrs)

Use whatever passport you have now no body will refuse you cos of your name, just have documents to back your claims, wedding photos, marriage cert and all. No one in the embassy cares if or not you are married so long as you have GENUINE docs to support your claims. And it's no crime to have a valid visa on an expired passport, once your passport expires just get a new one, attach the one with the valid visa and travel with both in hand.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dzizz: 5:21am On Oct 06, 2014
temmytanny:
A little advice for those planning to come to dallas for child delivery. THe cheapest here are the birthcenters but if you experience complication during child birth,be ready to cough out lots of money becos they will transfer you to hospital for treatment. So far JPS clinic is the cheapest in dallas texas but you have to be extra careful. The OBGYN total is $4k(C n S = 5k) but there lots of hidden charges they wont tell you especially if there is complication.
I am talking from xperience guy. My friend's is here for delivery and we visited JPS for inquiries,we asked many times if there are any hidden charges,they said no. She gave birth some weeks back and as am talking to you bills have been rolling in excess of $2k. I had to use my wisdom and cut the bills down to less $1k. JPS will knowingly send bills to you but if you dont contest the bills,you may be required to pay them.For instance, they send the lady a $1200 bill claiming its for physician group that attended to the baby cos the baby had complications.I contested it and told them the owner of the bill has left for nigeria and only gave me just 400$ just incase if any other bill comes in.They dragged it with me for long and i told them i cant pay it from my pocket cos its not my bill and moreover am just a factory worker living in food stamp(scoping them).They said i should pay less 30% of the bill tru payment plan,i refused. They later accepted he 400$ after i told them i wont pay anything.
For those coming to US(dallas-JPS)for delivery,once you get to delivery room,ask what your OBGYN covers and let them know you dont want anything outside the package.If they are giving you anything outside your package they should inform you before giving you.Whenever a nurse or doctor wants to give you anything,ask if its part of your package.

abeg teamtanny, how much exactly is it for normal delivery and planned CS at JPS. U mentioned $4k and $5k respectively. Are these amounts just only the hospital's charges for delivery or for everything including OBGYN, Paed fees, lab work, epidural? How much grand total do i budget for an elective CS? Also after how many weeks of pregnancy do they stop accepting a new patient. Please reply and help a sister

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 5:23am On Oct 06, 2014
Hello TemmyTanny,
As you rightly said, birthing centres are always cheaper than hospitals but the truth is that when you use a birthing centre you must be aware that it is best for uncomplicated deliveries. As a patient, you are taking a huge risk because you can never really say how things will go during delivery and when you are transfered to a hospital you'll be billed as an emergency case.
There are no hidden charges in the US. Nobody will send you a bill if services were not rendered. Most of us don't really read package plans & agreements well, we just look at the figure, smile (esp when its quite pocket-friendly), append our signatures and walk away but they ALWAYS state what it covers. That means any other service not listed will be paid for separately. All package plans cover just "well mom & baby". That means that for your friend's baby that had some complications, you should be expecting a bill from both the hospital and the NICU Pediatricians. All you can hope to do is to negotiate as you have been doing but pls advise your friend to pay all the bills and get her account to zero balance for every service provider otherwise each of her accounts will be transfered to a debt collector and the US embassy will see it everytime her name is queried on their system for visa renewal and she won't be granted one until she pays the all.

The onus lies on each and everyone of us to read well b4 signing anything. Some mummies have signed for medicaid after delivery just because they didn't read. Then visa renewal became a problem. They just signed all the forms given to them because the hospital staff said so. I don't know why we just don't like to read and ask engaging questions. If there's any form you don't really understand, set it aside and ask questions b4 you sign. We also need to do our homework well b4 choosing a hospital. If the charges are all-encompassing like MIHS, Elpaso & co, they will write it there. If they don't put it there, then you should know they will bill you separetely for everyth. Do you know some hospital packages don't even cover pharmacy? Lol. So if you ask for pain medication, suppository or anything, dem go bill you. Look b4 you leap and as much as possible, try to speak to pple who have used that hospital b4. They'll have a. Few pointers that can be useful when you are trying to choose a hospital.
Just my own advise according to my experience sha.
Who send me msg to be typing long post sef. Lol
Cheers

temmytanny:

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.