Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380860 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 11:00am On Oct 23, 2014
damsel020:
All thanks to God and the great people of this thread. Am finally home with my son just 3weeks after birth. I used doctor fagbohun and I had a wonderful birthing experience at oakbend hospital.
Doctor bill= 1920
Initial vist= 150
Ultrasound =150
Lab work= 550
Pathology me and my baby= 63
Epidural = 850
Hospital fee = 2150

As for document, I got d birth certificate from Fort Bend County Richmond after a week for $23, got his passport at Houston passport agency and collected same day for $165, and applied for Nigeria visa which I received back d next day and zoom I changed my ticket and am off.
And for those having issues with delta airline and baby's ticket, I called them. them a week before departure to book baby's ticket and they told me $458, I gave them my card details to remove d fee, fortunately that was not done, on getting to d airport in Houston I was practically begging he lady to collect the money and she said am not owing that infant has been added to my ticket and dat I did myself online. I sha left for Atlanta o, when I got to the boarding gate they asked for my infant ticket, confusion starts, had to go back all the way to the help desk to clear d issue, those ones said am yet to pay, they called and told me am to pay $132.10 I thought I didn't hear well, I gave him d money all for him to tell me it's a mistake that my fee is $458, but I can go cos have been standing here for so long. I was jumping for d miracle, I met anoda naija mum there trying to also pay for baby's ticket, my people the woman no pay she was giving them different drama of no money, they delayed her but immediately d flight was ready to leave they released her, so dats anoda style.....Am willing to help any Houston bound mum with there questions, my little way of giving back to this wonderful family.

Hello damsel. thanks for your generous contribution. Thanks for your openess. I am a houston bound mum and your contributions have been of immense benefit to me. Thanks again. How and where did you get your accomodation. I am talking to a few agents but i am yet to finalize with any. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bomly(f): 11:05am On Oct 23, 2014
Anyway I don move on oh. Yesterday I got my son passport at Tucson, same day. But what I understand is

1) You can get your passport same day if your try is 6days from the time you apply at Tucson otherwise it would be mailed to you

2) For Nigerians if your trip is two weeks away, they can still process same day Passport issuance if you inform them that you baby would be requiring a visa which would take some days to get processed

3) I went with greyhound bus, it was nice but on returning I use a shuttle which was also cool. The shuttle picks and drop you at your desired location

4) If you decide to go to Tucson, it’s wise to arrive early for same day issuance of passport, it took about an hour for me to get the passport issued.

Looking forward to porting back home soon.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 23, 2014
!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 23, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 11:18am On Oct 23, 2014
@ Bomly, So sorry about what you went through. I wish you and your entire household God's blessings. However, as soon as your bills arrive, kindly discuss with the Financial Counselor that you are a self paying patient. I'm sure you would get huge discounts. Also i feel they can structure a payment plan for you if you can't cope with the bills at once.
It is well with you and your family.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 11:23am On Oct 23, 2014
princessrbt:

JPS hospital has OB pack of $4500.
pls make sure you call them to confirm .i called them a while ago and they were telling me otherwise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Naniakay: 11:24am On Oct 23, 2014
Hello Lisamaris, when would you be travelling? I'm Houston bound too and travelling in December. I'm still checking on accommodation. I have checked with a lady who owns Precious Cedars where they take care of your accommodation, transportation and feeding. Has anyone used them? I read about them in a previous post but no detailed info has been released yet. Please help a sister in need o. Any useful info on cheap accommodation around Oakbend will be highly appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 11:35am On Oct 23, 2014
Hello @Naniakay and @lisamarris, @Tvegas and I are also Houston bound in December and are still looking for accommodation. We can try and see if we can come up with something together / share if you guys are interested.

Naniakay:
Hello Lisamaris, when would you be travelling? I'm Houston bound too and travelling in December. I'm still checking on accommodation. I have checked with a lady who owns Precious Cedars where they take care of your accommodation, transportation and feeding. Has anyone used them? I read about them in a previous post but no detailed info has been released yet. Please help a sister in need o. Any useful info on cheap accommodation around Oakbend will be highly appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Naniakay: 11:40am On Oct 23, 2014
Hi GenoMI, I am o. Please let me know the plans. I need somewhere close to the hospital as I would be alone. Did you hear about the Precious Cedars lady? I spoke with her already and she sent me some pics of her apartments...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BVNO: 11:43am On Oct 23, 2014
Hello beautiful Mamas and Papas in the house.

Please is the promo still on going?

I called wakanow requesting for the promo package, I was asked to send an email, which I did.I got a response few hours later, the cost the gave me was N666210, for United. Meanwhile I asked for Delta 'promo' economy and the cost for upgrade to premium economy.

Pls can someone help me out to confirm if the promo is still on going.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 11:45am On Oct 23, 2014
Hi naniakay, we don't have any plans yet, we are still actively searching for accommodation. I sent you a PM, please check your mail. If possible, can you forward me the details of the lady as well as the pics? Also, how much does she charge?

Naniakay:
Hi GenoMI, I am o. Please let me know the plans. I need somewhere close to the hospital as I would be alone. Did you hear about the Precious Cedars lady? I spoke with her already and she sent me some pics of her apartments...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 11:46am On Oct 23, 2014
Virtuousdiva:
There's something I have noticed on this thread for some time that's not cool.I have noticed that some people are just tagging wherever the breeze blows them.Please let nobody chew me raw kiss
anonymousmum:
I don't think this matters at all. Apart from sharing info, this is a public forum where we have come to be "friends" of some sort. As long as the thread is not being derailed, everyone has a right to share info / voice opinions.You can always ignore irrelevant info to you, you never know when someone drops information that you would need.
Its better if Virtuosdiva mention names of the guilty parties so we can check and put things in perspective. I dont think there is a problem with people changing doctors or asking about doctors. Terms and conditions by which doctors operate keep changing. What some doctors were charging a year ago,differs from what they charge right now,so why people should not research different Doctors before committing their hard earned cash beats me? my view is ASK, keep Asking and if they dont answer raise your voice and ASK again. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 11:49am On Oct 23, 2014
Yes it is but depends on your dates, I just saw 115k on travelstart website for dates in january

BVNO:
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 11:55am On Oct 23, 2014
Just call the Delta office directly 01-2799000, they will let you know what is available.

BVNO:

Please is the promo still on going?

I called wakanow requesting for the promo package, I was asked to send an email, which I did.I got a response few hours later, the cost the gave me was N666210, for United. Meanwhile I asked for Delta 'promo' economy and the cost for upgrade to premium economy.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Naniakay: 12:04pm On Oct 23, 2014
Hi GenoMI, I just responded to your mail. Could you please check and confirm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BVNO: 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
Thanks Genomi and Shelly 23.

I called again 20mins ago and the price I got was N209,293.00 for late February to late March...I don't want this awoof to pass me by....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by adebrave(f): 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
Amen ooooo. Thanks bro

Tvegas:
Morning everyone, celebrating 200 pages already

@Adebrave ......You are welcome. I am thrilled when I see people who prepare ahead. You've read through the thread already, by his grace everything will be smooth for you when you want to apply all you've learnt.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 12:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
BVNO:
Thanks Genomi and Shelly 23.I called again 20mins ago and the price I got was N209,293.00 for late February to late March...I don't want this awoof to pass me by....
The best thing you can do is to take time on your laptop, begin to check different dates close to your travel date on travelstart.com or wakanow.com, some days have been fully booked so flexibility is important. For example on travelstart Nov 24th was 250k while Nov 22nd was 114k. After confirming an affordable date call the delta office directly and make your reservation.
bomly:
STORY STORY, STORYYYY. Anyway like I said my case was extremely different from those that I have read here but I'm still very much positive about life and feel strong.
We thank God for your life and that of the baby. That is what matters most. I have a friend in phoenix at the moment and she has had only good things to say about them. I pray things turn out well for her and my friends on this thread also planning to use them.
PrinceAdeAde:
Hello All,Please my wife and I were denied visa on Oct 8 and she wants to re-apply alone however the embassy customer care officer claims I have to wait 90 days toreapply
Sorry about your refusal. I think the practise is that you can reapply at anytime. However, i will advice you to present a transcript of your interview on this thread so like minds can advise you on how to package your application. All Visa officers will tell you to reapply even though they've signified on their system that you dont qualify for an NIV yet.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BVNO: 12:36pm On Oct 23, 2014
Thanks @Tvegas, I will do that. I pray I get something close to awoof...lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by adebrave(f): 12:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
smiley yes I'm enjoying reading from page to page ooo. Wonderful people

justwise:

Don't worry we are in the same league... grin grin hope you enjoy reading through though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 12:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
justwise:
Don't worry we are in the same league... grin grin hope you enjoy reading through though.
adebrave:
smiley yes I'm enjoying reading from page to page ooo. Wonderful people
Adebrave the lord can do something wonderful between you and this brother right on this thread, what do you think?. Justwise is the lord speaking to you?,i suspect this sister is a Smart,Pretty and Godly one. wink

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
@bomly, am so sorry for your experience. Stuffs like this happen atimes. But all in all, am glad you are now fine and your LO is doing great too. Just take things easy. Let hubby do most of the running around. It is well with you and your family kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
PrinceAdeAde:
Hello All,

Please my wife and I were denied visa on Oct 8 and she wants to re-apply alone however the embassy customer care officer claims I have to wait 90 days to re-apply which is even contradicting their automated email response which states you may re-apply at any time only ensure that your terms of references has changed significantly

please is there anyone who has experiential knowledge and advise on how to proceed with this

NB: If i have to wait 90 Days, it would be a week from her expected travel date

Please some helpppppp ooo sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 1:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
PrinceAdeAde:
Please some helpppppp ooo sad
I already answered you,check the post above.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
Tvegas:
Adebrave the lord can do something wonderful between you and this brother right on this thread, what do you think?. Justwise is the lord speaking to you?,i suspect this sister is a Smart,Pretty and Godly one. wink

T.B Joshua the Lord has started speaking to you already? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mosquino100: 1:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
Just joined you guys after observing for a few hours. This medium is just so interesting. My question has actually been asked by some people but had always been answered partly.
I wish to know I'm few sentences the following.
1. List of the most important documents for a us visa.
2. Must I apply with my wife that intends to give birth in us?
3. Is it really advisable now that she is 3 months plus already?
Please note that she has actually had one travel experience to sa and 5 experience.
Also finance not an issue.
Pls help us in these regard. Tks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
justwise:
T.B Joshua the Lord has started speaking to you already? grin grin
Lmao, dont fall our hand. A PM to this smart sister is all it takes. Do the needful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
@Tvegas, na the story wey my agent give me be that too. 250 dollars to cancel ticket and it won't be refunded till 9 weeks.

Why dem dey do like this? Them know say people go dey cancel tickets na. Wickedness in high places.

Anywayz, I've moved on. Make person no dey high BP with pregnancy. God will replenish my pocket(s).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2014
Tvegas:
Lmao, dont fall our hand. A PM to this smart sister is all it takes. Do the needful.

You and Phema are on a mission to get single blokes matched... grin grin a sister not married does not mean that she is single and looking..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2014
Tvegas:
The best thing you can do is to take time on your laptop, begin to check different dates close to your travel date on travelstart.com or wakanow.com, some days have been fully booked so flexibility is important. For example on travelstart Nov 24th was 250k while Nov 22nd was 114k. After confirming an affordable date call the delta office directly and make your reservation. We thank God for your life and that of the baby. That is what matters most. I have a friend in phoenix at the moment and she has had only good things to say about them. I pray things turn out well for her and my friends on this thread also planning to use them. Sorry about your refusal. I think the practise is that you can reapply at anytime. However, i will advice you to present a transcript of your interview on this thread so like minds can advise you on how to package your application. All Visa officers will tell you to reapply even though they've signified on their system that you dont qualify for an NIV yet.

Hello Tvegas,

Thanks for your response.I did share my transcript a few hours after my interview even such that FreshFace responded to my postings.
I looked for it to refer you to it but I cannot find it so I believe it was removed by admin and this may possibly be linked to why I was recently suspended from the forum which i am still yet to fathom.

Primarily, the VO did not ask for any supporting documents ( despite me taking along a burden of proof as advised on this forum)as she evaluated our application(myself,my wife and son) based on the information provided on the DS-160 form even though we came out clearly that the primary reason for travel is for child birth
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 1:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
Tvegas:
The best thing you can do is to take time on your laptop, begin to check different dates close to your travel date on travelstart.com or wakanow.com, some days have been fully booked so flexibility is important. For example on travelstart Nov 24th was 250k while Nov 22nd was 114k. After confirming an affordable date call the delta office directly and make your reservation. We thank God for your life and that of the baby. That is what matters most. I have a friend in phoenix at the moment and she has had only good things to say about them. I pray things turn out well for her and my friends on this thread also planning to use them. Sorry about your refusal. I think the practise is that you can reapply at anytime. However, i will advice you to present a transcript of your interview on this thread so like minds can advise you on how to package your application. All Visa officers will tell you to reapply even though they've signified on their system that you dont qualify for an NIV yet.

Hello Tvegas,

Thanks for your response.I did share my transcript a few hours after my interview even such that FreshFace responded to my postings.
I looked for it to refer you to it but I cannot find it so I believe it was removed by admin and this may possibly be linked to why I was recently suspended from the forum which i am still yet to fathom.

Primarily, the VO did not ask for any supporting documents ( despite me taking along a burden of proof as advised on this forum)as she evaluated our application(myself,my wife and son) based on the information provided on the DS-160 form even though we came out clearly that the primary reason for travel is for child birth
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 1:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
justwise:
You and Phema are on a mission to get single blokes matched... grin grin a sister not married does not mean that she is single and looking..
Scroll up again and check out the way she smiled when she replied you. Thats some good sign,Send her a PM first and forget the single and searching stuff,a girl is single until she is engaged or married. smiley .
PrinceAdeAde:
Hello Tvegas,Thanks for your response.I did share my transcript a few hours after my interview even such that FreshFace responded to my postings.
Ok sir,if there were no major red flags or ground for refusal. She can apply alone and right away, look for better ways to package her finances and ties to Nigeria. Best of luck
MerryMom:
@Tvegas, na the story wey my agent give me be that too. 250 dollars to cancel ticket and it won't be refunded till 9 weeks
Dont mind them,it may not be up to 9 weeks they just dont want you to cancel. But i will advise you stick to your initial plans and leave the ticket as it is if you had concluded on the hospital to use. It was easy for me to switch because i wasn't committed to any hospital since day 1, because i had several choices.

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.