Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1382007 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 10:23am On Feb 27, 2015
Pls let us all calm down. Or do I need to pray for peace again. Oja let us pray: IJN : pls now e don do.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw an additional 4 to 5 pages. It is only fight that makes this thread add that much in hours. But this topic is a sensitive one and we sud let it go. Everyone has made a point. Pls for d sake of peace, let d case rest.

Am sure it is witches and wizards that are causing the fight. I still need to pray abeg.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:25am On Feb 27, 2015
leeleeonyeizu:
Hi everyone,am thankful to u all for all the informations I got on this forum please I will like for u 2 respond to my questions as its urgent. Will I have a problem at the point of entry because I filled philadelphia in my form but my uncle who is a doctor there has stopped delivering and so I want to go houston were my husband has relatives and because its cheaper.please am waiting for your prompt respond as am planning on leaving for us next week thanks

You won't have a single problem because Houston is a popular POE and plans change, which is understandable
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beautyx5: 10:26am On Feb 27, 2015
Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country! - J.F Kennedy

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ajobi21: 10:40am On Feb 27, 2015
Hello House, please for those that have traveled with their mum, what did she have to do; Does she need to hold her cash or show her bank statement. what is expected generally of her. thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Vineb: 12:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
ajobi21:
Hello House, please for those that have traveled with their mum, what did she have to do; Does she need to hold her cash or show her bank statement. what is expected generally of her. thanks.

Is your mum traveling with you or she is coming in her own?? If she is traveling with you n you are her sponsor she doesn't need to hold cash or any doc what you have will cover her. But if she is coming on her own she will have to carry doc of the person that sponsored the journey( that is if she is not sponsoring herself. My mum much later n my hubby was the sponsor that was filled on her DS160 form. So we gave her the following doc: hubby's work ID, employment letter, pay slip, marriage certificate, a copy of my passport data page n US VISA, a copy of my hubby's data page n US VISA. Houston was her POE n she said they didn't ask her much question. According to her they just asked what she was here for n she said she came to take care of her daughter that is already in to have her baby. N she just gave them all our doc . The officer went through the doc n stamped her in.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 12:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
Newmum0615:
Is this $412 for hospital pediatrician or the one that sees baby after discharge? and for how many visits is this?

Hospital pediatrician. I'm sorry for the late reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by slanliz007(f): 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hello everyone, I am a July mum hoping to travel by mid June. I have chosen Houston for the delivery however yet to make a choice of doctor and the hospital.

Please I have two important questions that I need to ask you all intelligent people of this forum:

1) I have a b1b2 visa issued to me last year for vacation purposes(Disneyland Florida) and was used by my family for the intended purpose. I was not pregnant at the time. So now, I intend to use the same visa again now for childbirth. Will it be in my best interest to send a letter of change of intent to the embassy informing them of my plans. I know this issue has been discussed lengthy in this forum, however, I am confused weather or not it is really needed at Houston poe or other docs will be sufficient.

2) At the moment, KLM is going to Houston @255k, I intend to pay for this flight as this is the cheapest at the moment. Or would you advise I wait and see if prices will still go down? since my trip is in June.

Thank you for your patience and awaiting your anticipated responses. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hello everyone,

got into Houston 25th Feb, thru Atlanta, POE was delayed for reasons best known to them, took about an hour . Sat waiting cos there were about 10 people already at secondary inspection. Food items werent checked, I was asked if Nigeria allowed dual citizenship and I said there's no law against that although I don't know the exact legal provision.

Collected baby's BC Thursday tho it was ready on wenzday. Passport appointment fixed for 03/03/2015 at Regional Agency. If you are coming anytime soon, please ensure you come along with woolly clothing for the cold snap, or very thick winter jackets.

@princeadeade n @Vegas lost all urban done contacts after my BB crashed f8r the umpteenth time. Will send u guys PM

Best regards

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 1:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
God bless you my sister. My aunt has a terrible car accident at 8 months pregnancy. She was thrown out into a ditch from the windscreen somewhere in Benin. Only her right arm bears a big scar. That baby will be 16 years old in August. Shebi somebody will now tell me I shouldn't enter car to travel because I am pregnant. Too each his own biko. Mad women have babies everytjme, do they take folic acid? But there babies are usually fine. Superstition and fear doesn't help anyone. What u believe works for u. That is my own.
modath:

Childbirth isn't a new innovation my sis, 16yr old fulani girls wit their frail looking bodies do it while hawking fura de nunu till the 9th month with no medical intervention.
As you rightly stated,person A's journey and story may not be applicable to person B so why compare apples and oranges.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ojsimsim: 1:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
@slimwendy85, so sorry for your loss. God will compensate you big time and your joy will be full.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 1:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
The whole argument is becoming petty sef with all the direct insults hurled here and there. People can make their point without being insultive and being too personal.
mamacajah:
Please all , let's sheath our swords and rest. I don't like the direction this talk is going.

on travelling early or late several opinions have been given based on personal experience. This digression is not good for this thread especially with preggy mom's and dads.

One love all. let's hear more successful stories on POE and delivery.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by baslone: 1:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
bj2012golf:
Hello everyone,

got into Houston 25th Feb, thru Atlanta, POE was delayed for reasons best known to them, took about an hour. If you are coming anytime soon, please ensure you come along with woolly clothing for the cold snap, or very thick winter jackets.

Best regards

Is ATL too really that cold at the moment?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 1:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
I love you Jare. Maybe I will just name my child Airpure grin
Airpure:
Pls pls pls m I d only one that is tired of all this. even at 1am Naija time don't u guys ve husbands. I see update that 79 new post I click hoping to read some good stuffs n m seeing this as if we don't get enough drama from Naija movies. It really does make me wonder how people can fight like this on an anonymous site how they live in Reality. Just imagine if these 2 were neighbours sometimes all u need to do is be d bigger person n work away.

What stared all this when to travel. Every sensible person know u can't use Mrs A to Judge Mrs B every pregnancy is diff . If u a stay at home mom or business woman u wont understand why someone wants to travel at 35 weeks so stay out of it pls n don't start being judgemental n all. People ve travelled at 36 weeks n didn't ve babies on the plane. I m a working mom I travelled at 34 weeks plus n still ve a month to Go BGG.

Pls next time there is a need for all this unending argument pls open a thread n called "------ meet me here let's argue" MOD pls next time use ur banning powers.

Meanwhile based on what r we comparing Naija n US health care is it see finish that they let us come birth there.pls stop it. Next we will start comparing education SMH. Pls let's get back to the thread topic. abeg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 1:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
I just tire
mamanjai:
Wow!!!! Nada nawa for this thread oh, the way pple approach each other,force their points on each other's throat with splitting words, thy jst attack each other at will, so much anger and pain to someone you don't even know Wat happens if it's someone yu know, wld this be the same reaction. So much harsh energy/chemistry passed to babies on the womb. I really don't get the anger in each reply esp wen someone says something yu don't like. You don't even know if the person is yur neighbour, church member, couleague, Inlaw,etc. even if the person says something you do not like or appreciate, yu cld jst tell the person yu do not appreciate it and move ahead! Most times this thread is so sweet yu always want to come and check, at other times yu wonder if it's same women we hve been interacting wth. At this end, we suldnt put down Nigeria soo bad, let's believe things wld get beta. We wld all still return to this country and use same hospitals. God wld help us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nasadiva: 1:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hello Everyone.
I can see there are lots of GOOD HEADS in this forum. Please I need an urgent advice, I am September mum and will love to leave b4 35weeks, the problem is my visa will expire 2nd week of August. If I stay to renew I will cross the 35 weeks, if I leave, my visa will expire b4 I even put to bed. What do I do? Another thing, if I stay to renew, will they grant my application at that advance stage?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 1:51pm On Feb 27, 2015
Thank you.

Can the interview location be changed from Lagos to abuja?

nefertitiram:

Just fill a new ds160 form then you can edit your appointment page to include the new ds160 number. If you have exceeded the number of times you make changes to your appointment then you will have to pay the fees again. No, the new application will not be linked.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
[quote author=slanliz007 post=31133835]Hello everyone, I am a July mum hoping to travel by mid June. I have chosen Houston for the delivery however yet to make a choice of doctor and the hospital.

Pls buy your ticket. As for the change of intent letter, my advice is to inform d embassy. Some people would educate you on how ur B1/ B2 visa entitles you to medical service in d states bt I feel it is easier when asked if u ve informed the embassy at POE to say yes and provide evidence rather than stating your rights.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 2:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
Newmum0615:
God bless you my sister. Superstition and fear doesn't help anyone. What u believe works for u. That is my own.

Gram. God bless you for this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 2:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
Nasadiva:
Hello Everyone.
I can see there are lots of GOOD HEADS in this forum. Please I need an urgent advice, I am September mum and will love to leave b4 35weeks, the problem is my visa will expire 2nd week of August. If I stay to renew I will cross the 35 weeks, if I leave, my visa will expire b4 I even put to bed. What do I do? Another thing, if I stay to renew, will they grant my application at that advance stage?
You can travel before your visa expires,the important thing is that you get to poe before the expiration date. Its the cbp officer at poe that will ditermine how long you are allowed to stay in America. For example if your visa will expire on the 10th March,and you travel on the 5th March and the cbp officer stamps you in for 6months, you are within your rights to stay in america for the next 6months.
And moreover,i dont think there is anything that says you have to wait to renew your visa untill the expiration date,i stand to be corrected. Gurus in the house should pls contribute
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shadetwins: 2:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
You can renew your visa up to 1-2 months before expiry. ive done it a couple of times

Nasadiva:
Hello Everyone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 2:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
As long as you enter the US while your visa is valid, you'll be fine. There's no need to renew before you leave nigeria.

The CBP officer at the POE is who determines how long you can stay in the US and that's the date you should be more mindful of.

Nasadiva:
Hello Everyone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeesMom: 2:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
[quote author=shelly23 post=31123535]The US embassy is notorious for denying nannies, not sure why though.
Please try your luck and let's know how it goes.

Ok. I wld give it a try n let u knw. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 2:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hi @ slanliz007. Some people feel three is no need to send the letter but like phema would say its better to be 'over prepared'. Just like you I have used my visa for the purpose I got it but I still sent the letter, no harm in that. But for me I termed it notification of intent not change in travel plans
Above all do what best suits you. smiley. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 3:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
Thank you.

The interview is supposed to be nextweek Wednesday in Lagos.

Can the interview location be changed from Lagos to abuja. The person doesn't mind if the interview won't be nextweek anymore?

Or does the person have to pay fresh fees and start all over?

Pls justwise,tvegas and all gurus reply as it's urgent.

So he can pay today if need be.

GTB closes at 5pm. Please.

nefertitiram:

Just fill a new ds160 form then you can edit your appointment page to include the new ds160 number. If you have exceeded the number of times you make changes to your appointment then you will have to pay the fees again. No, the new application will not be linked.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ajobi21: 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
[quote author=Vineb post=31133156]

@vineb thanks for the comprehensive response. we will be travelling together on same day but shes traveled on her visa alone before
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cgese: 3:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
Please has anyone who previously had a baby in the US been able to renew through dropbox successfully.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 3:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hello Guys. Pls those using and have used Dr FUNSHO. Has anyone done the Glucose Tolerance Test Before? Wats it all about pls n what was ur experience? Did u eat before the test n all. Pls let me know
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by drafrican: 3:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
Though I haven't used dr fagbohun
The glucose test is used to screen for endocrine disease ( in a pregnant woman's case diabetes)
You are required to fast for 8-12 hrs (you can drink only water) at this time, a blood sample is taken.
After that you are given a dose of anhydrous glucose dissolved in water(which must be consumed in 5 mins) the maximum dose is 75mg and is only usually adjusted in children.
Two hours after the sample was taken another sample is taken.
The result is then interpreted
1)It can be Normal
2)You can have impaired glucose tolerance
3)Or you can be diabetic.
The test is usually diagnostic.
There are other variants of the test where 6-8 samples are collected but the one that you will probably do is the one I outlined.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hahahaha u people crack me up. See all the gospel and epistle preaching peace and all. Oh and folks posting @ 1am could be in different time zones. Biko it ain't that serious. And anyone who bursts a nerve becoz of what someone says to u on a faceless forum, needs to speak to a psychologist about handling her emotions/anger.
So make una quit with the "holier than thou" posts and epistles. It never was that serious...well not for me anyway becoz I'm not buying anyone's ticket here. Lol! So why will I care if they fly @ 1 week or 43 weeks?? grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Girlmummy: 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hello Peeps,

Went for a visa interview to have my baby in USA and was rescheduled for another date to come with a birth plan and hospital bill. Please advise on how i'd go about it??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 4:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
It means they need you to provide itemized details of how you will cover all the related costs including showing proof that you've contacted a doctor and hospital.

Just do a search on this thread for burden of proof and you should be able to see examples of what others used.

Girlmummy:
Hello Peeps,

Went for a visa interview to have my baby in USA and was rescheduled for another date to come with a birth plan and hospital bill. Please advise on how i'd go about it??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummyprincess: 4:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
Airpure:
Hello Guys. Pls those using and have used Dr FUNSHO. Has anyone done the Glucose Tolerance Test Before? Wats it all about pls n what was ur experience? Did u eat before the test n all. Pls let me know

Hello Madam!
I have been expecting your reply to my e mail. Do me the favour of replying soonest. It is very urgent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.