Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379302 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nicestlady: 1:45am On Mar 03, 2015
remzy2015:
Hello peeps
Been a silent reader,i'll like to share my poe experience. I got to newyork yesterday, i used airfrance to paris and delta to jfk newyork. I wasn't even asked for my fit to fly in Nigeria.

pls how many weeks along were you when you left naija. Were u showing very well?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dittobaby: 1:48am On Mar 03, 2015
Please my dear experienced mamas, l need advice on this.

I was issued a visa in January for the purpose of vacation and in February l notified the embassy of my change of intent for which I have been given the usual response.

Now, I want to go along with my 2 year old son and I'm presently in the process of making an application for him.

My concern or question is that when we take him for interview (my husband and I have visas) do I need to fully prepare myself as if they would ask about my capability to deliver in the US since they did not have the opportunity to do so during my interview?
Or should only my husband go with him?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Vineb: 1:55am On Mar 03, 2015
dittobaby:
Please my dear experienced mamas, l need advice on this.

I was issued a visa in January for the purpose of vacation and in February l notified the embassy of my change of intent for which I have been given the usual response.

Now, I want to go along with my 2 year old son and I'm presently in the process of making an application for him.

My concern or question is that when we take him for interview (my husband and I have visas) do I need to fully prepare myself as if they would ask about my capability to deliver in the US since they did not have the opportunity to do so during my interview?
Or should only my husband go with him?
Where you pregnant when you got your VISA ??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 1:57am On Mar 03, 2015
Amother4life:

It's a uniform process.
States do not issue passport or have any say it the requirements. it's the department of state that handles passport issuance. Only a nortary from the US embassy in Nigeria is acceptable .

That isn't completely true, someone I know has used a notarized form from a notary public in Ibadan, this issue has been argued in the past my dear.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dittobaby: 2:22am On Mar 03, 2015
Vineb:

Where you pregnant when you got your VISA ??

Yes o. In fact the security workers were surprised I was given visa. My pregnancy was very obvious but somehow the VO didn't notice it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Vineb: 2:32am On Mar 03, 2015
dittobaby:

Yes o. In fact the security workers were surprised I was given visa. My pregnancy was very obvious but somehow the VO didn't notice it.

Hmmmmmm ..... I really don't know what to say. I sent you a PM check your email.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bbaby84(f): 2:33am On Mar 03, 2015
[quote author=Chuyom post=31246403][/quote]

I've used one signed by some high court in Lagos not the American embassy.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by demiiii(f): 2:48am On Mar 03, 2015
Have u gotten a response and wht email did u send it to.
Also can any1 assist with hospitals in maryland-baltimore to be precise. Urgent pls.
kairi:

Thank you so much dear and God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by demiiii(f): 2:51am On Mar 03, 2015
Thanks. Its very possible. But I will inform the agent of 2months asap. But
dere5:

Why buy 2 weeks ticket,i want to believe its because of some kind of "promo" ,because we both know that 2wks will not cut it,you would definitly be in the states forr much more than that,so my advice to you is buy a ticket that will not make you look suspicious at poe,and also a ticket that you can change dates with minimal cost ,just in case your baby arrives early. with some of these promo tickets you have to cough out almost the price of a new ticket if the need arises for you to change dates o. So put all these into consideration when making your decision.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by demiiii(f): 2:57am On Mar 03, 2015
Anyone with the Baltimore POE story. Need info ASAP. My problem is getting a hospital correspondence before leaving. Also if. I can make part payments but not compulsory, I need help with this. Some 1 help
dere5:

Why buy 2 weeks ticket,i want to believe its because of some kind of "promo" ,because we both know that 2wks will not cut it,you would definitly be in the states forr much more than that,so my advice to you is buy a ticket that will not make you look suspicious at poe,and also a ticket that you can change dates with minimal cost ,just in case your baby arrives early. with some of these promo tickets you have to cough out almost the price of a new ticket if the need arises for you to change dates o. So put all these into consideration when making your decision.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 3:04am On Mar 03, 2015
M sorry I don't see how my comment hurt ur fragile Ego.
Anytime I peep in on this thread n I see things that make me wonder I call it out.

Well maybe I will understand ur comment another time but don't count on it today.

Plus do u really think that question about benefit required an answer anybody educated enough to use the Internet knows the answer or can Google it trust me.
dittobaby:

Lots of people have benefited tremendously on this thread because their questions were being answered. The listing was done because someone asked for the benefit of obtaining the American passport for our babies.

If you don't like a particular question or answer it's better to say it politely than making derogatory statements that can hurt feelings. Let's be respectful to one another, please.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by demiiii(f): 3:06am On Mar 03, 2015
Thanks, did u also mail the embassy and what email did u send it to? Do u have a hospital correspondence. I intend to leave 28th april just 2 days before my 37th week.I hope I still fall within the 36 weeks b4 landind in d us
feddy27:

My ticket is for 2 months. I would advise you get every thing ready to avoid problems.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amother4life: 3:12am On Mar 03, 2015
kizluv:

That isn't completely true, someone I know has used a notarized form from a notary public in Ibadan, this issue has been argued in the past my dear.

I don't know about your friend in Ibadan . All I know is that it is listed in black and white on the U.S website below for all to see:

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//acs_abuja_publicservices.html
People are free to use whatever they want but I will always share the official version to assist applicants get it right the first time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 3:16am On Mar 03, 2015
Vineb:

Pm me for the detail of the person that did it for me. I did it in Ikoyi passport office. I don't know if someone can do it on your behave but am sure it's possible if the person is with your passsport photograph.

Hi thanks for ur response. I don't know how the PM stuff works can u plsssss send me info via my email airpure23@gmail.com

Regards.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fruitfull1: 3:39am On Mar 03, 2015
Cbp.. why are u here
Me.. rest and child birth
Cbp.. how much do you have with you
Me.. $5602 ,1,000 naira and my master card
cbp... have u made any doc and hospital arrangement
me.. yes
Cbp.. how much are they charging
me.. estimated fee for both is 6800
Cbp.. and you have how much with you?
me.. $5602, #1k and my Mastercard
cbp.. where you gonna stay
Me.. With my friend
Cbp.. where?
me.. told him
Cbp.. how long have you known her?
me.. Over 9yrs, since univ.
Cbp.. ok , make sure you pay all your bills , do not...... blah blah blah. (Stamped our pax)You just step aside I just wanna confirm and verify some things then you can go

He called a lady to pick our pax with one other preg lady. We followed her to another room. Plenty pregers were there.
waited for another 45mins. By then my cranky son was sleeping, he was so tired he was crying seriously. The lady before me came to Houston with a citizen baby on a one way ticket without receipt or any proof of payment of her bills from her last visit. She was told to step aside. He called me and asked the same questions I've been asked. Gave same ans. Read their riot act and told me to go.

na so I enter another winch queue again, same question and same ans. This time around this woman no gree, said you wanna give birth with 5600 , I said I have money on my master card, said I don't believe you, you could be lying, I said no I'm not, y will I do such (lol in my head ), said I can't verify that. Have you made any payment? I said no, said y, I told her doc doesn't accept payment before arrival, she said it not true, I just carried burden of proof envelope to show her Dr fagbohun's letter, she said no don't show me that, just go to that room and show them. Another long wait o. After a while a man came out and took the customs form from me, asked same question , where is your hubby, told him in Nigeria , will join us close to edd, what does he do, told him, what do you do, told him, is your son a citizen too?was he born here? No. Ok you can go, make u blah blah blah.... I will thank you. Left the airport around 8am.

That's my poe story

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by feddy27: 3:40am On Mar 03, 2015
demiiii:
Thanks, did u also mail the embassy and what email did u send it to? Do u have a hospital correspondence. I intend to leave 28th april just 2 days before my 37th week.I hope I still fall within the 36 weeks b4 landind in d us

Yes, I sent a mail to consularabuja@state.gov. I also had hospital correspondence. I feel your flight time is risky o. My doctor actually told me to arrive no later than 34 weeks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Vineb: 3:45am On Mar 03, 2015
Airpure:

Hi thanks for ur response. I don't know how the PM stuff works can u plsssss send me info via my email airpure23@gmail.com

Regards.

Sent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by temmyright(f): 3:48am On Mar 03, 2015
Vineb:

Pm me for the detail of the person that did it for me. I did it in Ikoyi passport office. I don't know if someone can do it on your behave but am sure it's possible if the person is with your passsport photograph.

HelloVineb,

Pls, how can i go about d Int'l Driver's Licence?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Vineb: 3:49am On Mar 03, 2015
temmyright:

HelloVineb,

Pls, how can i go about d Int'l Driver's Licence?

Can send the contact to you. Send me a PM or let me have your email address.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by demiiii(f): 4:06am On Mar 03, 2015
Hello, kindly send us the hosp and doctor u are using in baltimore
stinux:
Congratulations on your successful POE. Please which hospital and doctor are you using in Baltimore and what is the cost implication. I would appreciate your quick response to that considering your busy schedule now. You can pm me or please send me a mail on stinux2005@yahoo.com. I really need the info asap to help me make up my mind as am already 27weeks gone.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by customised87: 4:07am On Mar 03, 2015
customised87:
Pls can anyone that has travelled back to Nigeria on BRitish Airways with an infant answer /clarify this for me? Were u allowed to take in both a stroller and a car seat for ur baby? What baggage allowance was baby given? Thank u

I called BA today to ask them to add an infant ticket to my ticket and i was told i can only do the booking through wakanow because i bought my ticket through wakanow.com. I called wakanow and they gave me a quote of 99k for the baby ticket and that the payment has to be made in Nig before my departure date. I find the ticket amount too pricey, so m asking if dre's anyone that has been in this kinda situation before and ended up getting a ticket to buy for the infant at the airport on the departure date. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by myst: 4:23am On Mar 03, 2015
Thanks for all the replies!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 4:29am On Mar 03, 2015
Vineb:

Sent.

Thanks a bunch..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bmay: 4:39am On Mar 03, 2015
[quote author=Airpure post=31247655]Hey peeps. Does anyone know where I can get international drivers licence in Lag and is it possible for someone to get it on my behalf or must I be present pls help guys it's urgent

You can get it at FRSC in Ojodu and you don't really have to be present. All you need is a passport photo with a red background and your details. You get within a few days.]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bbaby84(f): 4:47am On Mar 03, 2015
Amother4life:

If the consent form is to be notarized in Nigeria then it must be at the embassy.

Why do you like giving false information? This is my second child and all my husband did was go to notarize the form DS -3053 at the nearest court.
I'm not saying it can't be done at the embassy but the embassy is not the only option.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports.html

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 4:56am On Mar 03, 2015
Amother4life:

I don't know about your friend in Ibadan . All I know is that it is listed in black and white on the U.S website below for all to see:

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//acs_abuja_publicservices.html
People are free to use whatever they want but I will always share the official version to assist applicants get it right the first time.

Thanks for that link , but I am a 1000% sure that more than 70% of the mums on this thread didn't use notarized consent form from the embassy, I am also aware of others too , that have used notarized consent forms from notary publics not In the embassy . My friend did has for 1k, no date was written on it, when the baby came she filled out the date and as I type, mother and son are in abuja.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 5:01am On Mar 03, 2015
bbaby84:

Why do you like giving false information? This is my second child and all my husband did was go to notarize the form DS -3053 at the nearest court.
I'm not saying it can't be done at the embassy but the embassy is not the only option.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports.html
. You both are right. It's dependent on the state you are birthing in, not all states accept court or lawyer notary but you can be sure they will all accept the one done at the embassy anytime. I hope this settles it

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 5:10am On Mar 03, 2015
demiiii:

Get a doctor that would accept you at 37 weeks before you buy your ticket. Talk to your doctor before you leave Nigeria at 37 weeks please. All the best...

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 5:13am On Mar 03, 2015
MamaTobenna:
. You both are right. It's dependent on the state you are birthing in, not all states accept court or lawyer notary but you can be sure they will all accept the one done at the embassy anytime. I hope this settles it

Exactly, not all state would accept Ibadan brand, but all would accept from the embassy, but to say it must be from the embassy, that is where I don't agree...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 5:35am On Mar 03, 2015
Sooooo we are back to my original question undecided

Which one does Georgia (Atlanta) accept? Court or Embassy?

And my court na Abuja brand not Ibadan lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bbaby84(f): 5:36am On Mar 03, 2015
kizluv:

Exactly, not all state would accept Ibadan brand, but all would accept from the embassy, but to say it must be from the embassy, that is where I don't agree...

My sentiments exactly...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Larondoo22: 5:36am On Mar 03, 2015
Pls Aox oo,for those that have used the consent form in Houston in particular,pls which one is accepted,is it the one that the embassy notorize or from any public notary,atleast you guys should knw better cos a public notary did mine,pls guys will this be accepted in Houston?plss help me out b4 it's too late,am leaving next week oo shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.