Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380502 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 4:58pm On Mar 02, 2015
demiiii:

i really appreciate you all. is it ok i still buy 2weeks ticket? and i can mail the embassy of my intention to deliver. maryland is my preferred location but i am stuck because i hear it is very expensive./state are you going self
Why buy 2 weeks ticket,i want to believe its because of some kind of "promo" ,because we both know that 2wks will not cut it,you would definitly be in the states forr much more than that,so my advice to you is buy a ticket that will not make you look suspicious at poe,and also a ticket that you can change dates with minimal cost ,just in case your baby arrives early. with some of these promo tickets you have to cough out almost the price of a new ticket if the need arises for you to change dates o. So put all these into consideration when making your decision.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 5:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
segbas:
Where is ur POE?

Segbas, na you dai ask this question? Chicago was my POE...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 5:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
Herzumpther:
eh, for real? shocked shocked no wonder I dey follow this thread even though I never marry.

Chai I can't wait to get married and go have my baby in America too.

Following thread seriously.

Congrats to all the new mum's and mum's in the waiting too.

Eheeeeeeeeee! Una plenty,welcome to the thread,i have read of some ppl here that were on this forum even before they got married and today their American baby dream is a reality. So keep it up

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Vineb: 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
nefertitiram:

Oya take, I don help you, thank me late

Medicaid & CHIP Basics
Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) offer free or low-cost health coverage for eligible children and other family members.
These programs may be called by different names in your state.

Here it's only d child dat can access d medicaid

Babes don't be too sure about the free health care thing Ooo, health care in the US is not " particularly free" for anyone. They consider a lot of things. All other points are valid.... But health care?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Vineb: 5:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
Kayyhe:
greetings to every member in thread. need to know the benefit of given birth in the US as regards to the child,mother and father? all response will highly be appreciated.

Bros if you can afford it it's worth it.... Can be a form of educational insurance for your child. And you are giving that child options in future . Your child can become a US president.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 5:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
Vineb:

Babes don't be too sure about the free health care thing Ooo, health care in the US is not " particularly free" for anyone. They consider a lot of things. All other points are valid.... But health care?

Ok ooooo grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 5:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
Demiiii, I don't get you, you wanna buy 2 weeks ticket, can you birth and collect all the documents within 2 weeks and also fly with 2wks infant. Phema, the record breaker on this thread spent 7wks. Please expantiate or maybe I didn't get your question.

[quote author=demiiii post=31231960]
i really appreciate you all. is it ok i still buy 2weeks ticket?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
demiiii:

i really appreciate you all. is it ok i still buy 2weeks ticket? and i can mail the embassy of my intention to deliver. maryland is my preferred location but i am stuck because i hear it is very expensive./state are you going self
Do some research nau, why will you buy 2 weeks ticket and say your going to give birth, does it add up? Put Maryland on the search tab on NL and see what it brings out, Look for @ Kaira too she can help with Maryland.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 5:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
Have answered dear.

IyawoToBe:
oluwafunkenny, where are you headed? Are you el paso bound? I just sent you a PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
Vineb:

Ok ooooo grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2015
Abi ooooo,

I just want to confirm ni, because I fear that Area very well because of the news I have been hearing about their POE.....

I hope they treat you well shaa

kizluv:

Segbas, na you dai ask this question? Chicago was my POE...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fruitfull1: 5:36pm On Mar 02, 2015
hello e-fam,

got into Houston yesterday morning. scaled thru Houston poe and their plenty step asides. thanks to every member of this forum. you guys don't know how much u re doing to save asses. the knowledge gained here is invaluable and the confidence you build in people is priceless. may God always go before us all and make every crooked way straight. thanks to those who mentioned the compression socks, it helped a great deal. will share poe story soon.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 5:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
segbas:
Abi ooooo,

I just want to confirm ni, because I fear that Area very well because of the news I have been hearing about their POE.....

I hope they treat you well shaa

@ segbas,
Kizluv don enter Ameee since now,abi na me no understand watin i de read,abi my eye de see double?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
dere5:

Eheeeeeeeeee! Una plenty,welcome to the thread,i have read of some ppl here that were on this forum even before they got married and today their American baby dream is a reality. So keep it up
Thanks. I will just keep following.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by remzy2015: 6:05pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hello peeps
Been a silent reader,i'll like to share my poe experience. I got to newyork yesterday, i used airfrance to paris and delta to jfk newyork. I wasn't even asked for my fit to fly in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 6:23pm On Mar 02, 2015
[quote author=oluwafunkenny post=31234461]Demiiii, I don't get you, you wanna buy 2 weeks ticket, can you birth and collect .

Maybe na 39th and half wks she wan go. Pple don answer am bt seems she is bent on buying d 2 wks ticket. She sud jt pray that they don't stamp her in for only 2 wks and she ll end up paying more to change her return date even if she is stamped in for 6 months. I jt tire for people sha.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nkem234: 6:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
Reasons why I will do this once and over again...
My child will not have to pay international students fee when he has to go to college.Main reason why I had to school in Africa...
He can travel to 173 countries without visa hustle and get assistance from the US government when overseas.
Who knows, he may become an elected official(president) grin
The world will be his oyster! tongue
U see this wahala we are going through,scouting cheap hospital, favorable POE and all that,he will not go through that because my grandchildren will US citizens automatically. cool
These and more motivate me to keep calling this doctors office while all I get is voicemail...
Anybody knows of an affordable doctor at North side?
Good luck to us all....

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by remzy2015: 6:40pm On Mar 02, 2015
Cbp: what are you here for?
Me: vacation and childbirth
Cbp: who is this lady with you
Me: my mum
Cbp: hope you paid for her ticket
Me: yes i did
Cbp: why do you want to give birth here
Me: better health care
Cbp: when are you due
Me: next month
Cbp: so you trust the doctors in your country to tell you the due date( he smiled and said don't mind me just pulling your legs)
Me: i smiled back
Cbp: i can see you already declared you have more than $10k, it's ok to give birth here as long as you can pay your fees and declare your intentions
He stamped i and my mum in for 6months and said have a wonderful birth, he sent me to secondary inspection to declare the cash.
I got to secondary inspection,filled the form and i was asked the agricultural products i had which i answered and our bags were not checked.
That's my poe story.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sugah: 6:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
Na wa for all these women o. What if the person that asked is just a mole from the US embassy to find out why Nigerians want to birth in the US? (after telling your VO its because of better medicals for you and your LO). See people shouting future president.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nkem234: 6:58pm On Mar 02, 2015
sugah:
Na wa for all these women o. What if the person that asked is just a mole from the US embassy to find out why Nigerians want to birth in the US? (after telling your VO its because of better medicals for you and your LO). See people shouting future president.

So u think they believe its only for better health care?
Y not try India?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 7:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
sugah:
Do you realy think that the VO's dont know that all these talk of better health service na 'wash'? They know that the quest for the American pali is the koko for most people that seek visa for birthing.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 7:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
May God let these POE stories continue with this flow. Amen

Congrats Remzy2015

that's my poe story.[/quote]s
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sugah: 7:09pm On Mar 02, 2015
@dere5 and Nkem234 they might know its for the pali but what they have not realized yet is that soon the population of blacks to white would be at par or even a higher ratio black to white. Then the whites would become a minority and a blackman being the president now might be the least of their worries.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nkem234: 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
sugah:
@dere5 and Nkem234 they might know its for the pali but what they have not realized yet is that soon the population of blacks to white would be at par or even a higher ratio black to white. Then the whites would become a minority and a blackman being the president now might be the least of their worries.

Hahahah...U are right..
Still looking for an affordable doctor for North side ...
Any recommendations pls?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
@Shagaman, thank you so much! God bless you. And you are so polite! Wow! Very cool dude you are!

shagaman:

isysleek Abeg no vex, just got back to Naija and was so tired to check my mails. I hope apologies accepted...oyaa smile abeg,ok to the main things requested

1) child Birth given on Docsperati website is correct no addition or subtraction.

2) Babies papers immediately after birth its best to tell the lady collecting documentations that you are in a hurry to return to nigeria so BC can come out with a week ours we made a mistake and just relaxed it came out after 3 weeks.

3) check www.epcounty.com for bc after like a week to start monitoring once name is out next is to go to the county office for birth certificate it would cost like $46 dollars to get 2,its safe to get 2...Bus fare is $1.50 but cab is like $30

4) After BC collection proceed to American passport office to get baby Blue Passport which cost $165 endure you take exact amount because they dont always have time to be looking for change for you. The location for bc collection and passport issuance are walking distance to each other

5) we got ours in 2 days submiited on frday and monday by 2 it was ready.

4) Expedited Nigerian visa cost us $350 ,one day and we used courier service of $79 because we did not want stories that touch also you would buy return envelop budget like $4 for that.

all my baby documentation was out withing 3 days after the bc came out but to be on safe sie plan a week after BC.

Money order for Naija passport was bought at walmart which is a walking distance from intown suites.

Rough estimate ----Hospital bill $5400

pediatician --------$60

we dint do hearing test w dont have hearing problem for my house...... grin,if you accept budget like $200 for that

Baby piercing was like $100

Intown suites double bed is $239.00 per week,single is like $179 per week include tax of $40 for first payment.

All in all with $10k you are good to go just have like $3k misscellenous.

Once again apologies for late response.

This one people have started planning another return for birthing ...hmmmm let me think about it sha ...oyaaa let me ask madam if i can start jogging around for another duty ... grin

A special thank you to all members of this thread oooo,we learnt alot and decided Elpaso from here,May GOD replenish our pockets and give our wives strength,and for all expectant mothers ,we shall be here to rejoice with everyone...

Oga Tvegas i hail ooooo,Phema,Kisluv,Ogaa Ade,zeezahbee,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
Thank you!

beautyx5:

@isysleek it depends on how you intend to sleep with the baby. If the baby will sleep on the bed with you after he is born, them go for a 2 bed room. If you intend to get a cot or bassinet for the baby, then a one bed will work.

I got a bassinet for my baby and he slept on the bed occasionally. Some people get one bed and get an extra mattress or something to sleep on the floor with.

Hope this helps!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sugah: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
grin Im still waiting on God for my miracle. So na siddon look for now.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 8:03pm On Mar 02, 2015
Lool @tvegas.

Tvegas:

How much are you paying shagaman for the download. Una too like awuff. Lol.
@ shagaman .....Weldone man.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LieDetector(m): 8:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
Herzumpther:
Thanks. I will just keep following.
Mzmariah.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by customised87: 8:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
Pls can anyone that has travelled back to Nigeria on BRitish Airways with an infant answer /clarify this for me? Were u allowed to take in both a stroller and a car seat for ur baby? What baggage allowance was baby given? Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
nefertitiram:

Oya take, I don help you, thank me late

Medicaid & CHIP Basics
Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) offer free or low-cost health coverage for eligible children and other family members.
These programs may be called by different names in your state.

Here it's only d child dat can access d medicaid
nerf you don explain explain explain even in the uk nhs is free for citizens, long stay, international students o, only visitors aren't entitled to nhs not to talk of America, they must give you free health care na
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FinanceFitness: 8:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
Yes, was allowed. I didn't check mine in, so at each stop they collected them at the airplane door and returned it to the door at landing. I had 2 stops.

Yes, checked in a full 23kg bag for free as baby bag.

Also, if you suspect your bag may be heavier than their limit, better to take an extra bag. At the time, the first extra bag cost about $100 or so, but excess in a bag was $200 or so.

customised87:
Pls can anyone that has travelled back to Nigeria on BRitish Airways with an infant answer /clarify this for me? Were u allowed to take in both a stroller and a car seat for ur baby? What baggage allowance was baby given? Thank u

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.