Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381750 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by SEDLA: 11:27am On Jul 16, 2014
Anyone going to MIHS around October? Been trying to get a valid cost range for accomodation....Peeps that have been there pls share
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
jyde2014:
Gd Morn;
Pls i have a little problem scheduling appointment with MIHS for my sister. Pls can u or anyone in Phoenix help us out? i already sent u an email through nairaland. I would really appreciate if u can helpout. thanks.

Hi! You have just call them by +1 (602) 344-1649
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 1:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
Finally! My mind is made up. (After one month intensive research)

El paso all the way. 16th September to 16th November.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mamatukwas: 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
tytmed: Hello wonderful people.
Do we have any one who would be in Atlanta by September and what hospital will you be using?

I will be by Gods grace. Currently set to use Gwinnett but now looking into Southern regional coz its closer to where il be staying. Have you settled on a hospital?

P.s- Just spoke with the southern regional folks. Gwinnett has a more affordable package so na there i dey for now.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
dinawe: @ jaysmom: I had a similar case. Guess you called their office right? I wasn't able to buy my baby ticket online or via phone, i was told i could only get it the day i was travelling.

Believe me, it got better on that day, I wen't to the airport with $1,000 dollars but paid less than $150 at the end of the day (for a return ticket because she is a US citizen, you can't take her out of her country without a return ) and i also got a free feeding voucher worth $50 for myself. The return ticket was valid for a year so another trip made within that year was completely free for my daughter.

I was overwhelmed. Hope the same happens in your case but you can go to their office to verify, those chaps that answer their calls don't really know much.

Hope this helps.

On British air and most non American airline you can buy a one way ticket for a us citizen.

Just clarifying for those that haven't bought their ticket yet.

@those considering Methodist, west Houston I will soon be posting Tha na w'a breakdown as her account was wiped away in the tsunami
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hi House,

I have been following this thread religiously as im a newbie but can anyone pls help me with this question. my hubby is the one sponsoring our trip and plans to move the funds to my acct, my question is this, can we go to the embasy with my bnk stmnt since he Is moving the funds to my account as I will be the 1 traving first b4 he joins me or do we av to go with his stmt from whr he moved from and mine?

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 9:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
Queenetha: Hi House,

I have been following this thread religiously as im a newbie but can anyone pls help me with this question. my hubby is the one sponsoring our trip and plans to move the funds to my acct, my question is this, can we go to the embasy with my bnk stmnt since he Is moving the funds to my account as I will be the 1 traving first b4 he joins me or do we av to go with his stmt from whr he moved from and mine?

Thanks alot

If both of u are applying as a family, let him use his statement while u can support wit yours. There is no need for him to move d money to your acct as it will be seen as money lodgement.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
@dinawe, my wife will be there from 22nd September
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 9:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
@dinawe, been trying to buy ticket to Dallas then to Elpaso but difficult except with BA and VA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamaxxx: 12:09am On Jul 17, 2014
oawele:

Hello Mamaxx,

Sorry about this unfortunate incident.

Before applying again, you need to analysis why you were really sent back at the point of entry. Sending you back on premise that you do not have sufficient funds while you had some cash on you is quite strange. you might want to look back and see if there was any other reason/s that warranted considering you inadmissible.

What point of entry was this? if i may ask how much was your hospital bill and how much were you with? is this your first child in the US; if yes, did you fully pay your bills the last time?

thanks for responding. i was turned back because i was told i didn't have enough cash on me, although i had $2,500 and had paid $1,500 to the doctors office. that was really the only reason i was given. What do i do now?

Point of entry was Houston; My total hospital bill was about $6,000 but i had my visa card on me. yes this is to be my first child in the USA. please advice at your earliest convenience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by stepedie: 1:34am On Jul 17, 2014
mamaxxx:

thanks for responding. i was turned back because i was told i didn't have enough cash on me, although i had $2,500 and had paid $1,500 to the doctors office. that was really the only reason i was given. What do i do now?

Point of entry was Houston; My total hospital bill was about $6,000 but i had my visa card on me. yes this is to be my first child in the USA. please advice at your earliest convenience.
Wow...So sorry about the incident.
Well with the little i have gathered Houston so not so friendly with pregnant people coming to give birth though some people do have success stories with regards to Houston POE.
Doctoresparati would even advice His clients not to go in through Houston/Atlanta and thats why most people go in through new york has new york seem to be more linient.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 6:21am On Jul 17, 2014
mamaxxx:

Hello @mamamxxx

I'm not a guru at this but its seems to me that they were not convinced you had enough funds to foot the entire bill. Showing your bank statement isn't convincing enough because they don't seem to trust it. it is also believed that houston POE isn't a favourable one and the veterans in the thread had advised we travel with a little less than 10K dols.
I think there is no harm in reapplying but be ready to prove that you are liquid enough to fund the project comfortably, my guess is that they will be very particular about it.

I will also be going through Houston POE in a few weeks time and I am a bit worried. So In all, we all need God's favour, let's all seek His face. Good luck and keep us posted.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ehido(m): 7:17am On Jul 17, 2014
Hello All,

Would like to know if anyone knows about a good and cost effective maternity package in the colorado area, i've gone through this thread from the first page and can't seem to find anything or anyone hoping to use colorado, i'm particular about colorado cos that's where we have relations. This is my wife's first baby and I would like her to get all the help she needs as I won't be there with her.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 8:06am On Jul 17, 2014
@mamaxxx

You can also contact @ tzetzefly on the US visit visa thread, he should also be able to advice appropriately.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 8:48am On Jul 17, 2014
lizcom25: @dinawe, been trying to buy ticket to Dallas then to Elpaso but difficult except with BA and VA

What do you mean by difficult? Try using www.wakanow.com, it gives you all the options and different flight rate.
I will be travelling from PH to Philadelphia thru FRA, will spend a couple of days in phil before moving to el paso.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 9:16am On Jul 17, 2014
Hi, everybody.

I have achieved reconfirmation from MIHS about my appointment through Medical Clinic and it looks like that.
After few weeks I have received letter from MIHS via Mail Post.

I want to download that files and you see that there's nothing official. Don't look at name because it's misspelling.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by P0rtHarc0urtB0y: 10:56am On Jul 17, 2014
dinawe:

What do you mean by difficult? Try using www.wakanow.com, it gives you all the options and different flight rate.
I will be travelling from PH to Philadelphia thru FRA, will spend a couple of days in phil before moving to el paso.

Hi, pls when r u leaving PH and what airline r u flying - lufthansa or airfrance? My wife's itineray and yours look almost d same.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 11:46am On Jul 17, 2014
SEDLA: Anyone going to MIHS around October? Been trying to get a valid cost range for accomodation....Peeps that have been there pls share

Hi Sedla,
I'm trying to get my confirmation with MIHS too. Please how and when did you get yours. I have called them but iv still not gotten it yet. Pls how long does it take. thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
SELDA, I should be at MISH late october-November.. Will be going before then though but will be staying in Philly/NJ before heading out.
SEDLA: Anyone going to MIHS around October? Been trying to get a valid cost range for accomodation....Peeps that have been there pls share
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dechica: 1:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
I finally got into the states on 15th July through Dulles Washington. The officer at the POE kept asking for drs appointment on letter headed paper, I had only a verbal one. Anyways he finally sent me to the customs office were I was warned of the consequences of not paying my bills and sent on my way. Am in Maryland at the moment and would commence hospital runs next week after I have rested. Thanks to all whose contributions made it easier for me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 1:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
@mamaxxx.

Sad about what happened to you. Truly those POE wants to know that you have more cash with you rather than what is on your atm. It would have been better if you made your cash at hand $6000 even after paying an initial deposit if $1,500. What they saw was not convincing for your bill. Your cards are backup after showing them enof cash to cover your medical bills. Just my thought.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
Thanks a lot.
egariyi:

If both of u are applying as a family, let him use his statement while u can support wit yours. There is no need for him to move d money to your acct as it will be seen as money lodgement.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TK2014: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
Good afternoon house, I have been following this trend for a while but unfortunately could not read all comments before the site was attacked. Please i need advise, i went for my Visa interview at Abuja on tuesday with all necessary documents obtained from Doctores para ti, but when interviewed the lady stated that they needed to confirm the letter and receipt submitted and would get back to us. I want to know if anyone has had this experience and how long it took before they reverted back to you. Also when filling the form a wrong email address was inputted. Would they reply via email or would they call.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Iyaboonibipe: 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
[quote author=efuru][/quote]

Hello Tim Tim pls I discovered that on the passport form precisely no 18 travel plan is required ie. travel date and return date. How do I go about that. Does it mean I have to bring the baby back to USA on the return date. Please I need an urgent response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Iyaboonibipe: 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
uchetobi:

I flew British air. I dint have that return ticket problem. I think it's common to American airlines although Tha babe also had the problem with airfrance.

The ticket is probably that high because it's also summer. I think the price will remain the same as the day you will buy at the airport!

Safe trip

Please I also flew BA how do I go about baby's return ticket.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aye88: 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
Dechica: I finally got into the states on 15th July through Dulles Washington. The officer at the POE kept asking for drs appointment on letter headed paper, I had only a verbal one. Anyways he finally sent me to the customs office were I was warned of the consequences of not paying my bills and sent on my way. Am in Maryland at the moment and would commence hospital runs next week after I have rested. Thanks to all whose contributions made it easier for me.

Hello dechica. Thank God on successful entry. Pls do keep us posted on ur hospital runs as regards any affordable maternity plan in maryland. Let's know how it goes with you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 4:17am On Jul 18, 2014
Iyaboonibipe:

Please I also flew BA how do I go about baby's return ticket.

Call them and tell them you want to add am infant to your return leg. They will effect the changes then tell you how much it costs

You will pay at the airport
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by baby2014: 7:06am On Jul 18, 2014
Varvara: Hi, everybody.

I have achieved reconfirmation from MIHS about my appointment through Medical Clinic and it looks like that.
After few weeks I have received letter from MIHS via Mail Post.

I want to download that files and you see that there's nothing official. Don't look at name because it's misspelling.

this is just perfect ...AND you can go to the website of the mihs to download the Maternity Package Plan agreement form which clearly indicate the cost of delivery and am very sure with all this document as per the hospital is ok ..now you just have to add your own document as proof that you can afford the cost without recourse to USA government assistant and you all set for the interview ..l wish you good luck and a safe delivery ahead
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 8:41am On Jul 18, 2014
TK2014: Good afternoon house, I have been following this trend for a while but unfortunately could not read all comments before the site was attacked. Please i need advise, i went for my Visa interview at Abuja on tuesday with all necessary documents obtained from Doctores para ti, but when interviewed the lady stated that they needed to confirm the letter and receipt submitted and would get back to us. I want to know if anyone has had this experience and how long it took before they reverted back to you. Also when filling the form a wrong email address was inputted. Would they reply via email or would they call.
I'll advice u give them a call today, have your confirmation number and details ready. They would likely tell you to bring your passport soon... Don't wait for them to contact you, do the one to make the calls. You can get the Abuja Consulate number on their website.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FriedFish: 9:23am On Jul 18, 2014
Good day house, i really need your advice.
My parents intend to spend their leave in the US, an aunt (my mom's sister) is the one inviting them over. My dad is to accompany my mom. My first question to the house is:
1) does my dad need to fill his own DS160 non immigrant form; as he is going as an a companion.

he didnt fill the DS160 online, because he was listed on my mom's DS160

with the confirmation number from my mom's application online we went on to make to make payment for both of them at GTB and got two reference numbers to book for an interview appointment next week.

opened a single profile using my mom's details, included my dad as well as her companion but we were required to put in a DS160 number, so we used the same number as the one used for my mom.

after choosing a date for interview; this notice showed up on the final confirmation page:
" PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE OR MORE OF THE DS-160 NUMBERS USED TO SCHEDULE THIS APPOINTMENT CAN NOT BE VALIDATED.
INCORRECT DS-160 NUMBERS MAY LEAD TO A DELAY IN BEING PROCESSED."

Please house what should we do?? should my dad go on to fill a DS160 form and should we cancel the old appointment and book a new one? what would be the implication of rescheduling? would we need to make new payments?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 9:36am On Jul 18, 2014
TK2014: Good afternoon house, I have been following this trend for a while but unfortunately could not read all comments before the site was attacked. Please i need advise, i went for my Visa interview at Abuja on tuesday with all necessary documents obtained from Doctores para ti, but when interviewed the lady stated that they needed to confirm the letter and receipt submitted and would get back to us. I want to know if anyone has had this experience and how long it took before they reverted back to you. Also when filling the form a wrong email address was inputted. Would they reply via email or would they call.

You are under administrative processing. It can take a month to three months. Iv read about similar situations on this thread. If you still have time, before you are due, relax your mind and follow up occasionally maybe bi-weekly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 9:38am On Jul 18, 2014
FriedFish: Good day house, i really need your advice.
My parents intend to spend their leave in the US, an aunt (my mom's sister) is the one inviting them over. My dad is to accompany my mom. My first question to the house is:
1) does my dad need to fill his own DS160 non immigrant form; as he is going as an a companion.

he didnt fill the DS160 online, because he was listed on my mom's DS160

with the confirmation number from my mom's application online we went on to make to make payment for both of them at GTB and got two reference numbers to book for an interview appointment next week.

opened a single profile using my mom's details, included my dad as well as her companion but we were required to put in a DS160 number, so we used the same number as the one used for my mom.

after choosing a date for interview; this notice showed up on the final confirmation page:
" PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE OR MORE OF THE DS-160 NUMBERS USED TO SCHEDULE THIS APPOINTMENT CAN NOT BE VALIDATED.
INCORRECT DS-160 NUMBERS MAY LEAD TO A DELAY IN BEING PROCESSED."

Please house what should we do?? should my dad go on to fill a DS160 form and should we cancel the old appointment and book a new one? what would be the implication of rescheduling? would we need to make new payments?

Your dad needs to fill a ds160 form. Every applicant needs an individual form. He is not the same person as your mother na!

Fill a form for him and update accordingly

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.