Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379362 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nita2013: 6:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
Yes Queenetha Uwc dear. That's what they do now oh booking only Financials cos I guess the pple calling are so much now.

You can go with that and d mat. Package. It's only God. Some pple on this thread av gone to d embassy without any appointment confirmation but was able to show they could foot their bills. And visa was granted.

So just pray for God's favour and grace

Queenetha: Thanks a lot Nita. God bless u. the email that was sent to me was from Melina Llanes confirming my appointment with financial. I op im ok with that, I do as u advised, print d mat package n go with a budget more importantly, God's favor.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pamperme: 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
@Shelly23.

I was able to save this from the deleted posts. it's the only information i have on Florida...

Hialeah Hospital, Florida

Affordable Self-Pay Maternity Plans

Giving birth to a baby is one the happiest moments of your life. We also know that having a baby can be financially difficult, and even more if you do not have health insurance.

The Women's Health Center of Hialeah Hospital can help you enjoy this great time without having to worry about those costs.

Schedule a FREE tour of our Maternity Child Center or sign up for our childbirth classes today. Call 1-877-383-4226.

We offer comfortable maternity packages including:

Labor and Delivery
4D Ultrasound technology
Free childbirth classes
Comfortably designed rooms for labor, delivery & recovery
Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for at-risk newborns
Cash-Pay Labor/Delivery Packages

Standard Delivery: $2,300
Cesarean Delivery: $3,200

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Thanks a lot Nita,

Pls another quick question, i was refused student's study visa about 10 years ago do i have to state that wen filling my ds-160 form or shud i put no in the portion where the question av u been refused us visa is? since dt passport has expired a long time ago. Pls ds question is for the house too.

Thanks a lot.

Nita2013: Yes Queenetha Uwc dear. That's what they do now oh booking only Financials cos I guess the pple calling are so much now.

You can go with that and d mat. Package. It's only God. Some pple on this thread av gone to d embassy without any appointment confirmation but was able to show they could foot their bills. And visa was granted.

So just pray for God's favour and grace

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
Thanks a lot!!!

I was able to save this from the deleted posts. it's the only information i have on Florida...

Hialeah Hospital, Florida

Affordable Self-Pay Maternity Plans

Giving birth to a baby is one the happiest moments of your life. We also know that having a baby can be financially difficult, and even more if you do not have health insurance.

The Women's Health Center of Hialeah Hospital can help you enjoy this great time without having to worry about those costs.

Schedule a FREE tour of our Maternity Child Center or sign up for our childbirth classes today. Call 1-877-383-4226.

We offer comfortable maternity packages including:

Labor and Delivery
4D Ultrasound technology
Free childbirth classes
Comfortably designed rooms for labor, delivery & recovery
Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for at-risk newborns
Cash-Pay Labor/Delivery Packages

Standard Delivery: $2,300
Cesarean Delivery: $3,200

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nita2013: 8:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hello Queenetha pls answer yes on that part of d question. Then on d reason part give d reason y u were denied d visa.

After givin d reason give another paragraph and state ur present reason for applying now (that u want to av ur baby in d US and u kno the cost implications and that u r aware u to pay ur bills nd u avv made all d necessary arrangements as to that and u do not intend to av recourse to public/govt funds bla bla bla.) just write a small story there cos that's d only place u can actually explain urself.

Queenetha: Thanks a lot Nita,

Pls another quick question, i was refused student's study visa about 10 years ago do i have to state that wen filling my ds-160 form or shud i put no in the portion where the question av u been refused us visa is? since dt passport has expired a long time ago. Pls ds question is for the house too.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Logictinz: 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
Good evening house. Please I need info on how to make booking on intown suite Elpaso. Went to doctoresparati site but cud not navigate my way through in booking it. Please I need your help. Also, has anyone used Hisgrace lodge? I understand it's not as close to the clinic/hospital as intown suite is. Is there any cheap and quick means of transporting to the clinic/hospital par adventure one decides to use Hisgrace lodge?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by rul77(f): 2:14am On Jul 22, 2014
Am 20weeks pregnant nd would luv to av my baby in d states d only problem is my husband is not going with me nd I only av friends in New Jersey looking for affordable hospital between 4k to 5k any help pls

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by stepedie: 3:12am On Jul 22, 2014
Logictinz: Good evening house. Please I need info on how to make booking on intown suite Elpaso. Went to doctoresparati site but cud not navigate my way through in booking it. Please I need your help. Also, has anyone used Hisgrace lodge? I understand it's not as close to the clinic/hospital as intown suite is. Is there any cheap and quick means of transporting to the clinic/hospital par adventure one decides to use Hisgrace lodge?
Am presently at HisGrace Lodge with some other nairalander mothers to be and i can tell you it's a cool place.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 3:55am On Jul 22, 2014
Just came across this thread after meeting some contributors here in Phoenix. Phoenix, even though it's not a popular pick for most Nigerians, is a great place to visit. I have lived here for many years. If you are visiting at this time of the year and between May - September, be ready for the hot summer. Yes, hotter than most places in Nigeria but it is dry heat so you don't sweat as much. You just plan to go out really early in the morning or evening when the sun goes down unless you have appointments in the daytime. Because of the dryness, make sure you drink a lot of water to avoid dehydration.
Otherwise it's one of the best place to be between October and April, we have one of the best weathers in the US at that time of the year. It doesn't snow here. We may get occasional rainfall.
As per where to stay when you get here and how safe it is, there are a lot of factors that come in to play, the safety of the neighborhood, your budget and nearness and ease of access to hospital of your choice and other facilities.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 4:05am On Jul 22, 2014
rul77: Am 20weeks pregnant nd would luv to av my baby in d states d only problem is my husband is not going with me nd I only av friends in New Jersey looking for affordable hospital between 4k to 5k any help pls
Research the Maternity Package Plan for Maricopa Integrated Health System (MIHS) in Phoenix, Arizona. Seems like it would be in your budget.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 4:09am On Jul 22, 2014
lizcom25: Hello People, Please what do i need to process for my baby's passport and visa after birth. I have read in on the thread and i want to sure to know what i need to do while still in Nigeria. Thanks
Visit the US travel website http://travel.state.gov
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 6:09am On Jul 22, 2014
@stepedie please could you give us the details of accommodation at elpaso closer to the hospital? I will appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 6:17am On Jul 22, 2014
naijamumcarephx:
I'll be willing to share that information with you. It's about 7 pages long.

Please no indirect ad here, any info you are not willing to share openly here is not worth mentioning.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 6:26am On Jul 22, 2014
@All

Please be mindful of who you contact in private for accommodation or other services relating to child birth in US, not everybody here can be trusted. When you get scammed please don't come back here to accuse Seun and mods of covering scammers as some have alleged before.

Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MsHighlyFavored: 6:48am On Jul 22, 2014
@fabulousmum: thank you so much for clearing up the MIHS $500 clause for me. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 7:09am On Jul 22, 2014
justwise:

Please no indirect ad here, any info you are not willing to share openly here is not worth mentioning.

No indirect ad intended, there's information on the http://travel.state.gov. It's had to tell what is classified as an ad so being careful what I share. Just trying to help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 7:15am On Jul 22, 2014
naijamumcarephx:

No indirect ad intended, there's information on the http://travel.state.gov. It's had to tell what is classified as an ad so being careful what I share. Just trying to help.

This got nothing to do with classified info, you are not a govt official and will not legally have access to classified material.

People contribute helpfully here without indirectly asking members here to contact them privately for some info. Please that is not allowed here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kuzeh: 7:29am On Jul 22, 2014
lizcom25: @stepedie please could you give us the details of accommodation at elpaso closer to the hospital? I will appreciate.
Same here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 7:30am On Jul 22, 2014
@justwise. Thanks....

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 7:31am On Jul 22, 2014
lizcom25: @justwise. Thanks....

No worries.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kuzeh: 7:32am On Jul 22, 2014
@stepedie Is His Grace lodge close to the hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Logictinz: 7:34am On Jul 22, 2014
stepedie:
Am presently at HisGrace Lodge with some other nairalander mothers to be and i can tell you it's a cool place.

Thanks Stepedie for the response. You mean I won't have issues or hassles with transporting to and fro the clinic\hospital?

If I need to make the booking, I only need to send email to HisGrace Lodge address on doctoresparati site?

Also, a friend is trying to help me make paymentin US for the &150 registration but the bank he went to make the payment says the Routing number I was giving is wrong. Have mailed Doctoresparati though yet to get any reply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 7:37am On Jul 22, 2014
@justwise. I have read that website over and over again. But there are so much am confused here and I just need experienced moms who have done this to help me with how they did theirs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 7:40am On Jul 22, 2014
lizcom25: @justwise. I have read that website over and over again. But there are so much am confused here and I just need experienced moms who have done this to help me with how they did theirs

Which website and what specific info are you looking for?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 7:50am On Jul 22, 2014
@lizcom25, i stand to be corrected but based on what I learnt from this thread, there is nothing you need to do for your baby visa in Nigeria until after delivery. The only item you need is the notarised consent form signed by your hubby AFTER the baby is born if he is not in the USA with you at time of delivery. This he will have to do at the US embassy in Nigeria. I will paste what some one else wrote on this.

"You just go on the website.. I think the link is on page 92. You book with your name and passport details. You pick a date and time just d way every other appointment is picked and print the confirmation. On the day you have picked.. You go with the printed form you want to notatize( fill the necessary parts leaving the signature and date section since you have to do that in front of the guy at the embassy). Also you need to go with your passport. You get there, you should be directed to the US citizen section... Get in and pick a number... When ur number is called... Form and passport is collect from you (Note: it's free). So the guy calls your name when it's ur turn and he'll probably be gisting with u and all while he ask u to sign and he gets the form notarized and you are out."

for more information on what to do in US, i also copied before the thread went down..

1. US passport: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html you need us birth cert , babies pic, a form signed n notarized by dad.
Nigerian passport : http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org/index.php?page=passports.
Social security : applied for by hospital once birth cert is issued. Not necessary for US passport application

2. " Document processing took two weeks for me. It would have been shorter though, if I had known some things before I went to el paso. I went to el paso blind, as there was no one to guide me through at the time I went.

The birth certificate was supposed to arrive 2-3 weeks after the birth of my child, but I expedited it with vitalchek, so I received it after 1 week exactly. I waited for the social security number too for another 1 week, before I started processing the passports. I shouldn't have waited because I realized that I could have applied for my baby's US passport without his social security number. All I should have done was to enter "0000" as the last 4 digits of his social security where it was required. I hope you all can learn from my experience.

Anyway, I picked a date for the US passport application interview at El Paso Passport Agency. My baby's passport application was not processed for 3 weeks based on some mistakes I made. First of all, the passport officer told me that my application couldn't be processed because of the absence of a notarized statement of consent. I asked my husband to print out the form DS-3053 and notarize it in nigeria and send it by courier to the passport agency. It took 3 days to get to the agency. I assumed the processing would have begun, and I waited for 2 weeks expecting it, but I didn’t get the passport. I sent an email to them, and then received a call the next day. The officer who called told me that the processing hadn't even begun because my husband signed the form a day before the notary public. (A mistake my husband regretted making). Jesus Christ! I was enraged, because I had expected they would contact me earlier, but that's a lesson for you all. Don't expect them to contact you for anything. Just keep calling and sending email messages to them to follow up your application. My husband had to send another one (the second time), and it was finally processed, and I picked it up 2 days after.

To bring your baby back to nigeria, you need either a nigerian visa or a nigerian passport. For a nigerian visa, you need to wait to receive the US passport before you apply, because you will need to send the US passport and other required documents by mail to the nigerian embassy. For a nigerian passport, you can apply online and book an appointment as soon as you receive the birth certificate, as you need to apply in person at a nigerian embassy or consulate, either in Washington DC, new york or atlanta. I applied for a nigerian passport and I had it 3 days after my interview at the nigerian embassy in washington DC.

How I expedited the birth certificate- I visited www.vitalchek.com and supplied details on the birth certificate (my son's names, my name, his father's name, the date of birth, the hospital of birth, etc). After that, I had to fax a copy of my identity card (passport data page) to their fax number, before my order of the birth certificate was completed. I faxed it at the reception of intown suites for free. The birth certificate cost $23 (I think- can't remember well again). Vitalchek charged a service fee of $10, and I paid for courier delivery (Fedex) $10. So I spent a total of $51 on the birth certificate. It was delivered to the reception at intown suites, and the receptionist called me to inform me that I had a parcel. I went down to the reception to get it. That's all."

Update: Please note that they no longer accept just any notary from Nigeria except it comes from the american embassy in nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 8:00am On Jul 22, 2014
rul77: Am 20weeks pregnant nd would luv to av my baby in d states d only problem is my husband is not going with me nd I only av friends in New Jersey looking for affordable hospital between 4k to 5k any help pls

Hello rul77, you cannot get any hospital with that amount in New Jersey, believe me I tried. The closest you can get is wyckofff medical centre, brooklyn which would cost you about 7k (its actually a package deal of 6.5k, then I put .5k incase of any other miscellanous like after delivery pediatrician visit -$80, antenatal class - $130 per class, circumsion, etc) or the metropilitan hospital manhattan which would cost about 7.5k-8k max for all bills. others are from 10k -20k.

From my personal analysis, using MIHS is still the cheapest option even with accommodation and extra flight tickets if you want to stay with family in NJ first, travel to give birth in Phoneix and then come back after delivery. I would have used that option but my hubby has insisted otherwise, so I am going for another option in Georgia. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 8:03am On Jul 22, 2014
Logictinz:

Thanks Stepedie for the response. You mean I won't have issues or hassles with transporting to and fro the clinic\hospital?

If I need to make the booking, I only need to send email to HisGrace Lodge address on doctoresparati site?

Also, a friend is trying to help me make paymentin US for the &150 registration but the bank he went to make the payment says the Routing number I was giving is wrong. Have mailed Doctoresparati though yet to get any reply.

hello Logictinz, you can pay online here with a GTB mastercard. other el paso mamas and papaps please come give your opininon. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 8:48am On Jul 22, 2014
@mamacajeh. That was exhaustive and great. Thanks for finding time to give this step by step process

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 8:49am On Jul 22, 2014
@mamacajeh. Thanks for this step by step process. It was great.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.