Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,169 members, 7,864,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:52 AM

IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS (61151 Views)

Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting / Oshiomhole Accepts Dissolution Of APC NWC, Pledges Loyalty To Buhari / IGP Adamu Orders For Investigation Of Policemen Displaying APC 4+4 Sign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Toju200(m): 2:15pm On Oct 11, 2020
Juliusmalema:
You ended up not ending SARS but re-Integrating them back to normal police force...

Soon another name will be created for it to operate.

Who win?

This is just waste of time and space as same stupid elements are still within police force.

I expected something more higher like increasing welfare and special salary on the unit while putting qualification as at least a degree holder of not less than second class lower with certification in security or any related training from a notable firm..

Upon admitted must be trained specially for at least 7 months on special operations....

While properly redeploying the current SARS officers back to unit or giving them out to banks or firms as securities. That way they can be smoothly eased out of random police operations.

That's how to go in a sane country not this rubbish I just read.
was it not what I was saying you may end SARS but the officials that makes up the unit are then drafted into others.They are still police officers and will continue their crimes the police needs overhaul and reform.
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by geezynoni: 2:15pm On Oct 11, 2020
Audio Dissolution.
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by dotedote: 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
Would you rather they kill anyone who ever worked in that unit or what. Think.

Juliusmalema:
You ended up not ending SARS but re-Integrating them back to normal police force...

Soon another name will be created for it to operate.

Who win?

This is just waste of time and space as same stupid elements are still within police force.

I expected something more higher like increasing welfare and special salary on the unit while putting qualification as at least a degree holder of not less than second class lower with certification in security or any related training from a notable firm..

Upon admitted must be trained specially for at least 7 months on special operations....

While properly redeploying the current SARS officers back to unit or giving them out to banks or firms as securities. That way they can be smoothly eased out of random police operations.

That's how to go in a sane country not this rubbish I just read.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by TheSparrow: 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
Congratulations brothers and sisters.

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by obyrich(m): 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
myBraine:
Impossible!

Maybe temporarily anyway.

They'll be infused into the various units of the Nigerian police force and dutifully do their job.

You cannot subdue the government to any unnecessary pressure. Why are we in the Northern region not complaining of Sars brutality? Aren't we in the same country anymore?

The government just played a smart one on them.
Go and sit down.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
K
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
I wrote it here that Sars is nothing but Police inspectors and Sergeants that can be transferred to other units and it has happened.

Congratulations to Nigerian youths

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Obierika(m): 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
Yahoo boys will be happy now!
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by LegendAnselm: 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
#Fuelpriceincrease NEXT
no go that side ooh..i take god begu
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by AngelicBeing: 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
cheesy
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by ArchAnge1: 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
FarahAideed:
Like I predicted and now those same bad eggs will appear under a new name like Rapid Action Force (RAF) and it will be Business as usual , the entire police force and entire country is rotten from head to toe
cheesy they dont know

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by damiloladuke: 2:17pm On Oct 11, 2020
this is great news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Fairview1: 2:17pm On Oct 11, 2020
Awesome!

This news has made my day.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Kayharry(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
With wat I just read here they have only end the name Sars they will create another name with same fool still operating within
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Kobicove(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
They have unwittingly opened the highway for armed robbers to operate without fear
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
dotedote:
Would you rather they kill anyone who ever worked in that unit or what. Think.

Read what I wrote properly.
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by kayjay69(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
The ruling elite actually do not want any challenge to their hegemony. Their worst nightmare is not SARS killing the youth, it is these protests snowballing into something else that they cannot control and them losing grip on power.

As I always say, everyday for thief, one day for owner. Their cup is almost full and a time is coming when well meaning individuals will take to the streets across cities in Nigeria (I predict the Middle and Southern cities) to protest the iron grip that the mainly Hausa-Fulani (and other individuals from other tribes) has had on the government of Nigeria since inception. They will stand against corruption, oppression, nepotism and poverty.

That day is coming, That day is almost here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by thatigboman: 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
Nigeria Police has intelligence units to fight cyber crime, like their Special, Fraud Unit (SFU). They have the CID to combat to combat criminal offences.. We have EFCC as well as NFIU. DSS does similar work too.
SARS was setup to combat armed robbery but they deviated from that and started arresting and extorting innocent people.
Police shout get their acts together and effectively fight crimes and fraud, and not subject the citizens to harrassements and extortion and even death.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by kazeeyoung(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
U see, and some people had gone through the protest. Just for IG to announce *Redeployment* of current SARS officers to another unit.
It like changing the *software* name and still running it on the same *Hardware*
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by womenareapes: 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
hurray! our long fight is over!
thanks to all those who have balls to come out and protest

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Karemarealty288(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
Lauretta Onuchie, Femi Adesani, That Mad Ibadan Journalist woman, Naira Marley, Arewa Youths Forum.......Losers

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by tot(f): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
Now that the Nigerian police realise that all eyes are on them, they will be forced to behave.

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by seanwilliam(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
Optional09:
That’s what Nigerians don’t understand, while end sars protest is a reasonable way to demand justice from government SARS is a subject of bad leadership in government. Why did Nigerians chose SARS instead of asking for good governance holistically they still allowed theirselves to be use by the same corrupt politicians who are trying to cause distraction from the real issues.

A clear demand for good governance would naturally eliminate sars. Does #EndSars stop lark of basic amenities? does it erect infrastructures? does it establish healthcare system? does it eliminate corrupt politicians and so on? If the Nigerian youth are genuine in their demand for they sars they should now do same for multiple problems facing nigeria, like unemployment, power supply, corruption #ENDBADGovernance
it starts from somewhere bro.. e go soon reach the bolded.. but Sars is worse hahah... they kill as they want

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by aminusodiq(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

grin grin

See small pikin

You will see soonest that the protesters are the greatest losers.

Na Naija government you dey carry play?

Can't you read? These same guys are still in service. They have only been redeployed to some other units pending the time another unit will be created which will be worse than the SARS you know.

What the IGP has done is just to let peace reign temporarily. And every sane person who knows how the government works will expect such... So, boy, wait and see.
we stopped this menace.. Well stop them too.. Let's wait and see

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by moneyissweet(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
Bad news for this one below abi? they should all rot in hell.

They used to have my respect until 99.9% of them concentrate only on Yahoo boys.

ofiko123:
Good news for some, bad news for another.. But in the end what would this change??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by ojuu4u(m): 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
Optional09:
That’s what Nigerians don’t understand, while end sars protest is a reasonable way to demand justice from government SARS is a subject of bad leadership in government. Why did Nigerians chose SARS instead of asking for good governance holistically they still allowed theirselves to be use by the same corrupt politicians who are trying to cause distraction from the real issues.

A clear demand for good governance would naturally eliminate sars. Does #EndSars stop lark of basic amenities? does it erect infrastructures? does it establish healthcare system? does it eliminate corrupt politicians and so on? If the Nigerian youth are genuine in their demand for they sars they should now do same for multiple problems facing nigeria, like unemployment, power supply, corruption #ENDBADGovernance

Asking a good leadership tru protest can never happen in Nigeria pls, you shouldn't even imaging that, tribe and religion factors are too visible, most especially if the leader is from north and a Muslim.

If Muslim students from a university like Unilag (not Usman dan Fodio University in Sokoto ) can still be telling Nigerians to keep enduring for Buhari bad leadership even though Nigeria is almost collapsed, since then I knw something is wrong with us in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Jakpon: 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
SweetOlive:

I promise they are not even fit to be in the Military. They are only harsh on Civilians.
Thank you. What those SARS bastards know how to do best is to intimidate innocent civilians. Those cowards will sh!t in their pants when they hear the reverberating sound of Anti Aircraft Artilleries

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by joyandfaith: 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
fergie001:

SOURCE

SOURCE

it is a welcome development. please send them to fight bandits. they are not humans. well, if they serve with regular policemen, they would wear uniform with visible name tags and they can easily be tracked and reported.
please, all tactical units including SARS should be renamed SWAT team and they should respond only to violent crimes when called upon by police command not civilians. only graduates should be in swat team.
icpc and efcc should have presence in every local govt to deal with internet fraudsters.
new police act 2020 should be implemented with immediate effect.

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Farki: 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
Finally SARS is ended, well done guys.
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Naijaarchive(m): 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
Ok at least now they know when Nigerians really want a change nothing will stop them...

#ReformPolice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

El-Rufai's Wife, Hadiza Visits Her Farm: Husband Won’t Pay Ransom If Kidnapped / Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH / List Of People EFCC Have Invited For Questioning Since Buhari Became President

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.