Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,064 members, 7,863,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:30 AM

Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? (1296 Views)

'how Do I End A Blood Covenant Relationship I Made With My Boyfriend? He Refuses / I'm Not Marrying Her: How DO I End This Relationship, All My Trap Has Faild Me / How Do I End This Relationship?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by PinkPill(f): 7:10pm On Oct 11, 2020
#Admin please hide my identity.

My name is Rose (not real name). I am 22(f), from Igbo and a university undergraduate.

My family recently moved to Port Harcourt. That same month, a guy asked me out. (He's 27) We got along really well and I fell in love with him. We would call often and chat late into the night. I have never visited him, we only hang out in public. He said he's from Rivers State (he was lying), I later found out he's from a state in the Middle Belt region. He apologized

I noticed he is obsessed about me and always wants to know where I am or who I'm with. When I discovered that he's from the North, I completely lost my trust in him and he apologized.

I know that we would not end up together because my parents will never agree, so I started withdrawing and ghosting him.

Yesterday, he called and told me not to leave him that he can't bear it, and I'm the best thing that has ever happened to him. And he would marry me etc.

I told him I wasn't planning on leaving him that I was just busy. He said "Better, because if I leave him, he would come to my house and create a scene. And any day he calls and I don't pick, he will come to my mother to ask for his wife. He said I shouldn't do anything silly that would make him do that.

I was scared because from the way he sounds, he wasn't bluffing. He sounded so violent. I never noticed such character in him.

He called me today to apologise. Saying he loves me and I should never leave him. And he would do anything to make me happy.

Please advise me. How do I end this toxic relationship. Please Ignore my typo. I'm getting depressed

Modified:

Someone asked me for advice. I am the admin of a Facebook relationship group. Your suggestions is what I will give to her.

Arewaoduduwabia
Pancakeey
Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by PinkPill(f): 7:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
Xoly

Lalasticlala

Zzor

MrCork
Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by Samakus(m): 7:24pm On Oct 11, 2020
1. How old are you pls?

2. Have you been collecting money repeatedly from him?

Answer that sincerely and I will know how to advise you
Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2020
Don't leave him, work out your differences and u guys will be fine
Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by gentleman82: 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2020
tell him what my girlfiend or suspected ex told me to keep away from me, on a good day we were together she told me that mountain of fire church is about to start 70 days fasting and prayer session and she intends to undergo the fasting with them. A week later she started avoiding me' i asked to see her and she told me she has started the fasting and will not want any distraction from anyone not even me. I respected myself and withdrew from her. you may do same if you wish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2020
What do u mean by 'admin hide my identity'? Does anyone here know u? To the main issue, anybody that could lie about their identity can as well do the unimaginable.

2 Likes

Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
No. 2 is very important!

Samakus:
1. How old are you pls?

2. Have you been collecting money repeatedly from him?

Answer that sincerely and I will know how to advise you
Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by Pancakeey(f): 7:29pm On Oct 11, 2020
ArewaOduduwaBia:
What do u mean by 'admin hide my identity'? Does anyone here knows u? To the main issue, anybody that could lie about his identity can as well do the unimaginable.
Exactly my thoughts too. Like who sabi anybody for NL
Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by Pancakeey(f): 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2020
Alright you first said he was from the middle belt then you later said he was from the north.

I didn’t get that part. But this is a red flag and a big NO.

Your boyfriend is abusive and he’s emotionally manipulating you. Lol, I won’t say I’ve been there before but I understand.
Manipulative people do something wrong and they come back apologizing saying you caused it and all that if you didn’t do anything they wouldn’t have reacted. BIG LIE.

Leave him! He’s abusive. Don’t wait till he gets physically violent.

Run!

2 Likes

Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by Scientists(m): 7:34pm On Oct 11, 2020
PinkPill:
Xoly

Lalasticlala

Zzor

MrCork

He is a simp. They usually don't have control over there emotion both love and heartbreak. Break up from him now. Many will tel u to follow ur wish not that of ur parents, Dont listen to them. Igbo girls are trained to hav a say in a family but hausa people consider it an insult. Where will u run to when he brings out his real character?

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by onlyfacts: 7:34pm On Oct 11, 2020
PinkPill:

My name is Rose (not real name). I am 22(f), from Igbo and a university undergraduate.

My family recently moved to Port Harcourt. That same month, a guy asked me out. (He's 27) We got along really well and I fell in love with him. We would call often and chat late into the night. I have never visited him, we only hang out in public. He said he's from Rivers State (he was lying), I later found out he's from a state in the Middle Belt region. He apologized

I noticed he is obsessed about me and always wants to know where I am or who I'm with. When I discovered that he's from the North, I completely lost my trust in him and he apologized.

I know that we would not end up together because my parents will never agree, so I started withdrawing and ghosting him.

Yesterday, he called and told me not to leave him that he can't bear it, and I'm the best thing that has ever happened to him. And he would marry me etc.

I told him I wasn't planning on leaving him that I was just busy. He said "Better, because if I leave him, he would come to my house and create a scene. And any day he calls and I don't pick, he will come to my mother to ask for his wife. He said I shouldn't do anything silly that would make him do that.

I was scared because from the way he sounds, he wasn't bluffing. He sounded so violent. I never noticed such character in him.

He called me today to apologise. Saying he loves me and I should never leave him. And he would do anything to make me happy.

Please advise me. How do I end this toxic relationship. Please Ignore my typo. I'm getting depressed

Minus the talks you guys have, has he INVESTED or is he currently INVESTING MONEY into you?

Some men get entitled when they feel they have BOUGHT your love over. If that is the case I will advice you stop collecting things from him and even return what you can back to him.

You also need not ghost him. Tell him over the phone in a respectful manner that you want out of the relationship. You may need to record this call for security reasons, in case he fails to end it amicably but starts to threaten your life or that of your family members.

In that case tell your family about it (cause any threat to life is serious and they need to know to defend themselves) and you (and your family) can report the matter also to the police with the recording as evidence. If need be the police and your family can reach out to his family to inform them about the ugly development. I believe at this point sanity should be restored to him.

Please be courteous as you go about this, not to complicate matters for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by Pancakeey(f): 7:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:

Na your type dey lead person to their death. Someone is violent you’re advising her not to leave him.

What makes you think she can change him or it can work out?

If it’s you will you stay?
Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2020
Pancakeey:

Na your type dey lead person to their death. Someone is violent you’re advising her not to leave him.

What makes you think she can change him or it can work out?

If it’s you will you stay?
please read before u run your mouth,the man has never been voilent with her. It's all in her head..I have seen men form they are good in bed only to realize they can't satisfy their women..he is not voilent..stop.concluding on just one side
Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by Pancakeey(f): 7:43pm On Oct 11, 2020
PinkPill:

Modified:

Someone asked me for advice. I am the admin of a Facebook relationship group. Your suggestions is what I will give to her.

Arewaoduduwabia
Pancakeey
Oh okay. I thought you were the owner of the story. I didn’t know you were helping someone.

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by Pancakeey(f): 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
please read before u run your mouth,the man has never been voilent with her. It's all in her head..I have seen men form they are good in bed only to realize they can't satisfy their women..he is not voilent..stop.concluding on just one side
I said he’s violent. What’s so difficult to see?
The guy is threatening her and you’re here saying I should not side one story.

In every situation I’ll always side with the oppressed. Plus she brought her problem to us. So yes, I’ll side with her.

This man is violent.

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by LINTUNE(m): 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2020
Pancakeey:
Alright you first said he was from the middle belt then you later said he was from the north.

I didn’t get that part. But this is a red flag and a big NO.

Your boyfriend is abusive and he’s emotionally manipulating you. Lol, I won’t say I’ve been there before but I understand.
Manipulative people do something wrong and they come back apologizing saying you caused it and all that if you didn’t do anything they wouldn’t have reacted. BIG LIE.

Leave him! He’s abusive. Don’t wait till he gets physically violent.

Run!
in summary, he is a narcisisst...when men like that love, it becomes very deadly, the movie " perfect gentleman" comes to mind

2 Likes

Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by onlyfacts: 7:49pm On Oct 11, 2020
Pancakeey:

I said he’s violent. What’s so difficult to see?
The guy is threatening her and you’re here saying I should not side one story.

In every situation I’ll always side with the oppressed. Plus she brought her problem to us. So yes, I’ll side with her.

This man is violent.

The man hasn't been VIOLENT based on the story the OP posted, he is only hurt and may be expressing his emotional trauma like every person in that situation. What we can conclude from it though, is that he may have that tendency.

Everyone male or female should be given a chance to redeem themselves, so innocent until proven guilty.

For now based on that story posted by OP, worse case scenario is he has a tendency towards violence and he should control it.
Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by yomi007k(m): 8:05pm On Oct 11, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:

This is not a good idea.
Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by DenreleDave(m): 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2020
You are from Igbo?

Is Igbo a place again or do u mean alaigbo?

PinkPill:

Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2020
[[s]quote author=PinkPill post=94843150]#Admin please hide my identity.

Modified:

Arewaoduduwabia
Pancakeey[/quote][/s] You move in to a new city and within one month you got yourself new boyfriend? You girls are the reason why guys don't take us serious.
Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 11, 2020
why did he lie about his state of origin to u?
that is a redflag to me already
Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by geez18(m): 10:58pm On Oct 11, 2020
onlyfacts:

Minus the talks you guys have, has he INVESTED or is he currently INVESTING MONEY into you?

Some men get entitled when they feel they have BOUGHT your love over. If that is the case I will advice you stop collecting things from him and even return what you can back to him.

You also need not ghost him. Tell him over the phone in a respectful manner that you want out of the relationship. You may need to record this call for security reasons, in case he fails to end it amicably but starts to threaten your life or that of your family members.

In that case tell your family about it (cause any threat to life is serious and they need to know to defend themselves) and you (and your family) can report the matter also to the police with the recording as evidence. If need be the police and your family can reach out to his family to inform them about the ugly development. I believe at this point sanity should be restored to him.

Please be courteous as you go about this, not to complicate matters for yourself.
OP this is a very sensible advice for a very sensitive matter. I think you should proceed as the gentleman above suggested.

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I End This Relationship ? by zoputan89113: 11:34pm On Oct 11, 2020
:My sursurname is Rose (not reality sursurname). I am 22(f), from Igbo and a college student.

(1) (Reply)

Sad! Nigerian Lady Dies Few Days To Her Wedding [see PHOTOS] / Successful Nigerian Men & Their Love For Foreign Women / Man Receives Serious Beating From 4 Ladies He Had S*X With And Not Pay (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.