Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? (4417 Views)

. / Reasons Why Men Talk Less Than Women / Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by depapa06(m): 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2007
Why women talk so much and men so little in a relationship?
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by calf(f): 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2007
i guess its beos women love expressing demselves more than men do. . . undecided
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by iice(f): 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2007
Because women like to talk period! grin

But it's not always the case, some men can talk too!
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by Femonjay(m): 2:54pm On Jun 24, 2007
women talk so much because they dont have mind to keep things

but men talk so little because they can stomach issues
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by calf(f): 2:56pm On Jun 24, 2007
hmmmn now i know why he doesn't talk. . . undecided
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by Seun(m): 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2007
Correction: men talk a lot. In fact, men talk more than women do. Men talk at work while bossing their colleagues around; they talk on the road when they abuse fellow drivers; etc. And they talk a lot when watching soccer.

They just don't talk about the things that many women like to talk about. So women think they don't talk.

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by 2dye4(m): 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2007
Seun:

Correction: men talk a lot. In fact, men talk more than women do. Men talk at work while bossing their colleagues around; they talk on the road when they abuse fellow drivers; etc. And they talk a lot when watching soccer.

They just don't talk about the petty things that many women like to talk about. So women think they don't talk.

quite true, but some men also talk about very petty things and its so disgusting! angry
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by bluesky4(f): 6:38pm On Jun 24, 2007
Seun:

They just don't talk about the petty things that many women like to talk about. So women think they don't talk.

really, i must be hanging wiv the wrong guys, whenever i want to talk while their watching football, they always tell me to be quiet angry
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by adeboo(f): 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2007
Some guys are just as chatterbox as the ladies. Women are also verbal beings they have to say their feelings and they expect men to voice their opinions as well which is sometimes difficult for most men.
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by luxoire(f): 12:51pm On Jun 25, 2007
its more a personality thing NOT gender

i have met guys who can talk for England, and i want to just scream shut up!!, then again i have met the really quiet ones, who sit there looking at me with a smile, when i talk, wondering when i am going to staop for air grin

lol, it depends on the guy and the girl, who talks more is relative!

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2007
sorry but not in my relationship, my boyfriend sure talks more than i do and i love it becos he expresses his whole mind

1 Like

Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:40am On Jun 26, 2007
when i took this psychology course, there was a statement our psychology lecturer made, she said it was a research carried out by a member of A.P.A(America psychologists association) and she said men talk to have fun, but women talk to express their selves and emotions blah blah blah. but i keep wondering how true this statement is. and i watch a lot and i guess there is a level of truth in it.
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by Iman3(m): 1:47am On Jun 26, 2007
It is something one half of the population has long suspected - and the other half always vocally denied. Women really do talk more than men.

In fact, women talk almost three times as much as men, with the average woman chalking up 20,000 words in a day - 13,000 more than the average man.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=419040&in_page_id=1879
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by nikynike(f): 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2007
We are born to talk grin You wan make we close mouth so u go come kolo grin lie lie we go dey talkam

1 Like

Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by squirrel20(f): 9:37pm On Jan 30, 2008
The case is different with me as i just do most of the listening while my boyfriend then (now ex) do most of the talking.
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by adeboo(f): 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2008
Cause we have lots of things to say.
I would hate to have a relationship with a man that speaks to much - its a bad idea.
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by odiaseo(m): 9:48pm On Jan 30, 2008
researches have shown that women talk more than men. There maybe the odd cases but women are built that way.

for women, talking is a means to an end while for men, it is an end itself. What I mean is that women think by talking, so they do not always mean what they say, they are just processing their thoughts. For a man, he tends to think before speaking, so most of the time he means what he says.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by Dreloaded(f): 9:58pm On Jan 30, 2008
So basically you are saying women dont think before they speak abi? Would you tell your mother this to her face?
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by lawyer(m): 2:35am On Jan 31, 2008
D-reloaded:

So basically you are saying women don't think before they speak abi? Would you tell your mother this to her face?

Duh!

Is that too hard for you to understand? Women dont think before they talk and when they talk, the rubbish that spews from their mouths is just incredibly ludicrious to comprehend. Their tongues always set the stage for arguments, Fights,jealously, gossip, more gossip and still more gossip. Even eve in the bible spoke with the snake that landed mankind in trouble till date.

To me, their mouths are only good for one thing and one thing only and that's to give a fantastic Mouth Action and nothing more.

They can be so irritating when they talk especially when they are whinning, nagging, fussing about the tiniest of issues that frankly doesnt make any iota of sense. I wish they could invent some form of remote control to just SHUT 'EM UP for good whenever they want to say something unpalatably stupid.

Its even worse when they get into their grumpy mood swing or period and then you see the imbecility of women when they talk and they confuse it with free speech!

Thumbs up to men who bitch slap their wives when their mouths run a foul. If you dont want to get hit by a man then you GOTTA SHUT THE HELL UP!
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by Dreloaded(f): 3:21am On Jan 31, 2008
Lmao

Baba lawyer, for someone who claims to be sleeping with anything that comes his way you sure are one frustrated person

I thought sex was supposed to make you calm na? Abi wetin happen? All this ariwo,it's not good for blood pressure and you know you black people, high blood pressure and hypertension are in your genes. grin
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by lawyer(m): 4:58am On Jan 31, 2008
D-reloaded:

Lmao

Baba lawyer, for someone who claims to be sleeping with anything that comes his way you sure are one frustrated person

I thought sex was supposed to make you calm na? Abi wetin happen? All this ariwo,it's not good for blood pressure and you know you black people, high blood pressure and hypertension are in your genes. grin

You see why women should be bitch slapped for talking thrash! Your a prime example of why women should be controlled whenever their mouths run a foul. From the way you talk, i guess you really have big lips big enough to swallow dicks. you would be better off walking around with a fat cock in between those lips of yours so as to spare the world the rubbish that you harbour in your tonsils that u intend to unleash.

Were! Your lucky ur far away from me. I for don knack you finish come hang you for clothes line make you cry die! grin
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by Ijiji1(m): 5:12am On Jan 31, 2008
lawyer:

You see why women should be bitch slapped for talking thrash! Your a prime example of why women should be controlled whenever their mouths run a foul. From the way you talk, i guess you really have big lips big enough to swallow dicks. you would be better off walking around with a fat cock in between those lips of yours so as to spare the world the rubbish that you harbour in your tonsils that u intend to unleash.

Were! Your lucky your far away from me. I for don knack you finish come hang you for clothes line make you cry die! grin
[/quote

LMAO!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by almondjoy(f): 7:27am On Jan 31, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

And they say women talk too much! cry

This thread just proved otherwise.
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by lawyer(m): 10:53am On Jan 31, 2008
almondjoy:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

And they say women talk too much! cry

This thread just proved otherwise.

You this chick you be olodo no be small. This is a forum where you write and not talk. How does this thread prove other wise? Because we are typing continously, you equate it with talking? NA WAH FOR YOU O!

If the poster thought other wise about this thread, he would have aptly named it (WHY DO WOMEN TYPE AND WRITE MORE THAN MEN)

Olodo. grin
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by gregg2: 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2008
Lawyer your funny.

Well, no doubt about the talkative nature of women.
And you know what? they find faults and pick offence
in what even a five year old boy will ignore.

Three guys can share a room peacefully for five years,
two girls can hardly, for a month.

They are not to blame anyway, I think its natural.
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by almondjoy(f): 1:02pm On Jan 31, 2008
lawyer:

You this chick you be olodo no be small. This is a forum where you write and not talk. How does this thread prove other wise? Because we are typing continously, you equate it with talking? NA WAH FOR YOU O!

If the poster thought other wise about this thread, he would have aptly named it (WHY DO WOMEN TYPE AND WRITE MORE THAN MEN)

Olodo. grin

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I rest ma nut case!
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 31, 2008
lol, lawyer, i throway salute.

americans go say 'these bitches women aint shiet'.

sometimes some women talk for the sake of it. they just look forward to opening their gub.

SMH
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2008
lawyer:

Olodo. grin

Intelligence is not a gift.

Its a web forum so therefore; writing is the same as talking. the only difference is that we are speaking form our fingers.

Capish?
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2008
OMO IBO:

lol, lawyer, i throway salute.

americans go say 'these bitches women aint shiet'.

sometimes some women talk for the sake of it. they just look forward to opening their gub.

SMH

am assuming that is exactly what you have just done, no?
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2008
NaJa HaJe:

Intelligence is not a gift.

Its a web forum so therefore; writing is the same as talking. the only difference is that we are speaking form our fingers.

Capish?

whao!!!!

to all of una wey respond to the thread starter question, please read the question over and over again but u respond. the fact that u r typing does not equate to talking.

all these night school leavers sef!
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2008
NaJa HaJe:

am assuming that is exactly what you have just done, no?

see, u just confirmed what we r saying.
did u [b]really [/b]have to respond to my comment if u knew i was 'talking' for the sake of it?

thank u for hammering home my point again
Re: Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:59pm On Jan 31, 2008
OMO IBO:

whao!!!!

to all of una wey respond to the thread starter question, please read the question over and over again but u respond. the fact that you're typing does not equate to talking.

read my post over and over again so you can assimilate it properly . . . .  sillygoat.  Remember why you're typing before you start giving out definitions.

OMO IBO:

whao!!!!

all these night school leavers sef!

Bubblegum fool! why not stick to your chewing gum and leave the talking to the more competent ones. Ariwo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens / ... / My Woman Is 38 While Im 29 Of Age Yet She Is Much In Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.