Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! (874 Views)

Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m / Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by wales(m): 9:59am On Mar 06, 2011
Oyo State Governor, Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala, has turned down an invitation to participate in a debate being organised for the governorship candidates of all political parties in the state.

The governor is the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party for the April poll.

The debate being organised by an Ibadan-based private radio station, Splash FM, is scheduled to hold on March 9, 2011 at the Trenchard Hall of the University of Ibadan.

The organisers had said that the aim of the debate was to afford the stakeholders an opportunity to engage the candidates on their programmes for the state.

But Alao-Akala, in a statement by his Special Adviser on Public Communications, Mr. Dotun Oyelade, on Saturday said he was turning down the invitation because it clashed with his campaign schedule which had been planned and accepted by stakeholders and also because the date for it (the debate) was unilaterally fixed by the organisers without inputs from his campaign organisation.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110306542560
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by realdon(m): 10:20am On Mar 06, 2011
What do you expect from Akala when the most educated and presidential flag bearer of PDP wants 'expo' b4 he can participate in a presidential debate? This is just a clear evidence that PDP government is 'wuru wuru to the answer'; they have neither a plan or a single beneficial plan for the country and her citizen.

My problem is that Nigerians are too sentimental to see this as a warning that such people are only coming to government so that they can continue their looting. I weep for Nigeria cry
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by fstranger3(m): 10:25am On Mar 06, 2011
Why am I not surprised?
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by Pharoh: 10:31am On Mar 06, 2011
realdon:

What do you expect from Akala when the most educated and presidential flag bearer of PDP wants 'expo' b4 he can participate in a presidential debate? This is just a clear evidence that PDP government is 'wuru wuru to the answer'; they have neither a plan or a single beneficial plan for the country and her citizen.

My problem is that Nigerians are too sentimental to see this as a warning that such people are only coming to government so that they can continue their looting. I weep for Nigeria cry
You should try and check the reasons why he declined participating in the debate.
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by realdon(m): 10:38am On Mar 06, 2011
What could be the silly reason? Campaign? Is debate not a form of campaign for sm1 with smth in his head? Check out Lagos state governorship debate and see how Fashola tells people what he has for them.

Let us start thinking so that this country can move fwrd.
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 06, 2011
He would have participated if they are going to moderate in yoruba language grin guy no understand English !
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by fstranger3(m): 10:53am On Mar 06, 2011
~Bluetooth:

He would have participated if they are going to moderate in yoruba language grin guy no understand English !

Grave underestimation.

Never heard him speak, but I doubt thats the issue here.
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 06, 2011
fstranger3:

Grave underestimation.

Never heard him speak, but I doubt thats the issue here.
What kind of person bears Alao Akala ? A phd holder ? Abeg the guy is scared of being embarrassed by his opponent besides he's just a dismissed policeman.
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by Pharoh: 11:13am On Mar 06, 2011
realdon:

What could be the silly reason? Campaign? Is debate not a form of campaign for sm1 with smth in his head? Check out Lagos state governorship debate and see how Fashola tells people what he has for them.

Let us start thinking so that this country can move fwrd.

The date for the debate clashed with his busy schedule and they did not have his inputs before going on with the organization of the debate. So let them fix this objections as the elections are still far away.
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by Ibime(m): 11:27am On Mar 06, 2011
Thugs don't have time for debate. How dare you interrupt their well-choreographed silence and force them to emerge from the veneer of silence and reveal their incompetence?
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by lyfe(m): 11:33am On Mar 06, 2011
The other aspirants will floor him in the debate, He does not want his yansh opened to the populace, why are PDP people runing for debate is it not a form of campaign to convince the electorates.
His opponents are sound, the CPC guber candidate Bayo Shittu is very vocal and sound cos he is a lawyer and has experience in public admin. I was really impressed hearing him speaking on radio yesterday.

Akala for where, except the debate will be in Yoruba or he sends his deputy. I have never heard him speak English. But you are sure to see him on yoruba program like 'E pa de gomina' a program that is anchored by the state local TV station because. I have heard him once speaking English and he tried, maybe he has a little infe-complex he address the mamoth crowd of course illiterates when commissioning a project and he struggled not to make mistake, but he struggled to speak like a JSS 2 kid and he said 'I wish I CAN do more, '

PDP people have idiosynchratic trait that runs across their party.
Sychophancy and lie. You can imagine Dosunmu saying that Fashola was rushing to an interview for an appointment years ago and did not get the job, as if it happened for real, everyone laughed until Fashola refutted the claim and called him a liar. PDP candidates are rogues.
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by realdon(m): 11:47am On Mar 06, 2011
Pharoh:

The date for the debate clashed with his busy schedule and they did not have his inputs before going on with the organization of the debate. So let them fix this objections as the elections are still far away.

But they are not going to spend the whole day debating now! Is he the organiser that he wants an input? Any administrator should be spontaneous enough to be able to respond to issues like this. He could have adjusted his time table since it cannot take the whole day by probably asking for the debate to be held in the evening like the one organised by Channels tv in Lagos or seek for another date and not an outright rejection of the invitation to debate.

THE TRUTH IS THAT HE HAS NOTING IN HIS HEAD, NO PROGRAM, NO PLAN FOR THE PEOPLE: TYPICAL OF PDP
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 06, 2011
lyfe:

The other aspirants will floor him in the debate, He does not want his yansh opened to the populace, why are PDP people runing for debate is it not a form of campaign to convince the electorates.
His opponents are sound, the CPC guber candidate Bayo Shittu is very vocal and sound cos he is a lawyer and has experience in public admin. I was really impressed hearing him speaking on radio yesterday.

Akala for where, except the debate will be in Yoruba or he sends his deputy. I have never heard him speak English. But you are sure to see him on yoruba program like[b] 'E pa de gomina'[/b] a program that is anchored by the state local TV station because. I have heard him once speaking English and he tried, maybe he has a little infe-complex he address the mamoth crowd of course illiterates when commissioning a project and he struggled not to make mistake, but he struggled to speak like a JSS 2 kid and he said 'I wish I CAN do more, '

PDP people have idiosynchratic trait that runs across their party.
Sychophancy and lie. You can imagine Dosunmu saying that Fashola was rushing to an interview for an appointment years ago and did not get the job, as if it happened for real, everyone laughed until Fashola refutted the claim and called him a liar. PDP candidates are rogues. 
ROFLMAO. . .Akala's problem is lack of presentation and he doesn't want to be rubbished by his opponents.You think say the guy no watch fashola's debate  ? grin
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by doctorT(m): 12:17pm On Mar 06, 2011
realdon:

The above sum it up. Akala in a political debate. He no fit at all, All what he know is OYAPA sorry OYATO, lol and to put chain on his neck
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by Afam4eva(m): 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2011
Akala is not interested in any debate that's not about amala and ewedu.
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by onyengbu: 12:36pm On Mar 06, 2011
Like most of u guys, im not akala's fan but, why did d organisers fix their date and time without meeting him first? Common, he is a governor and much busier than the other guys in the debate.
Even if he wanted to run, these guys gave him enuf reason to do so.
Someone is even suggesting that he should adjust his already planned day whereas the organisers should have made sure he couldnt have any reason to run.
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by nduchucks: 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2011
Why are you all surprised that Akala turned down this debate? Akala is the only one who has anything to lose in participating in this debate. I bet most of you cannot name a single candidate other than Akala, so why should he help those candidates gain popularity.

The politically pruduent thing to do is for Akata to take his case directly to the people. GEJ should do the same thing and not participate in any debate at the presidential level. I'm not saying that skipping these debates is the right thing to do, but the most politicallly expedient thing to do, particularly in a country such as ours, where the skipper will not pay any political price.
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by monkeyleg: 1:42pm On Mar 06, 2011
I bet you he would have Jumped at the opportunity if it was Bleaching competition, in that case I would favour him to win
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by dominique(f): 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2011
i supposed he figured out the questions won't come out like; which bleaching cream is most superior or what does amala go best with? i'm sure if it was an owambe party he's being invited to, he'll change his schedule asap. oloriburuku tongue
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by onyengbu: 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2011
Well said ndu chuks
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 06, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

Like most of u guys, im not akala's fan but, why did d organisers fix their date and time without meeting him first? [s]Common, he is a governor and much busier than the other guys in the debate.[/s]
Even if he wanted to run, these guys gave him enuf reason to do so.
Someone is even suggesting that he should adjust his already planned day whereas the organisers should have made sure he couldnt have any reason to run.
dominique:

i supposed he figured out the questions won't come out like; which bleaching cream is most superior or what does amala go best with? i'm sure if it was an owambe party he's being invited to, he'll change his schedule asap. oloriburuku tongue
What is the big deal about the time ? Is the debate not supposed to be an avenue for Alao to showcase his achievements since he has been in power in oyo state ?
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by fstranger3(m): 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2011
~Bluetooth:

What is the big deal about the time ? Is the debate not supposed to be an avenue for Alao to showcase his achievements since he has been in power in oyo state ?

NO

Elections are not about the past, they are always about the future. Its not necessarily about what he has done, it is mostly about his future plans for the people of OYO
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by Pharoh: 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

Well said ndu chuks

Seconded. cool
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2011
fstranger3:

NO

Elections are not about the past, they are always about the future. Its not necessarily about what he has done, it is mostly about his future plans for the people of OYO
What is your point ? That accountability of his first tenure should not come up during the debate ? What if they had a similar debate in 2007,will you still find it unnecessary to ask him what his success has been up till now ?
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by damas11111(m): 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2011
To say that I hate to know that Akala is the gov of my state is an understatement. However, the organisers erred by not informing him (and the other participants) to get their schedule and arrive at a date convenient for them all. They should have taken care of all loopholes to make sure that no one has a good reason not to participate, especially Akala.

ndu_chucks:

Why are you all surprised that Akala turned down this debate? Akala is the only one who has anything to lose in participating in this debate. I bet most of you cannot name a single candidate other than Akala, so why should he help those candidates gain popularity.
The politically pruduent thing to do is for Akata to take his case directly to the people. GEJ should do the same thing and not participate in any debate at the presidential level. I'm not saying that skipping these debates is the right thing to do, but the most politicallly expedient thing to do, particularly in a country such as ours, where the skipper will not pay any political price.

Sen. Abiola Ajimobi, Sen. Rasheed Ladoja and Bayo Shittu are his opponents and I doubt if he can defeat these three in a free and fair contest devoid of PDP's wuruwuru.
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by MT: 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2011
Akala can NEVER participate in ANY debate, even if they re-schedule it to fit into his itineary. The b.astard has done nothing for Oyo State and has no concrete plan in the nearest future for the state.

He keeps building hotel (e.g. A3 hotel - an acronym for [b]A[/b]debayo [b]A[/b]lao [b]A[/b]kala along Ojo road) and many houses in Bodija both for his daughters and himself. Frivolous & over bloated state contracts are being  awarded to his sons-in-law in order to enrich themselves at the expense of the Oyo state inidgenes.

Shame!. Karma MUST surely catch up with AKALA one day!
Re: Alao-akala Turns Down Invitation To Participate In Debate ! by 9ijaMan: 9:42pm On Mar 06, 2011
Alao Akala will readily participate in a contest to determine which candidate has the highest and largest amount of gold trinkets!
Just inform the debate organizers to include this as a criteria and I'll bet Akala will be the first to arrive at the venue.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Under Pressure To Order Tinubu’s Arrest / 20 People Die In A Tanker Accident In North Central Nigeria / Election Violence Claims Three Lives In Bayelsa, Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.