Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,442 members, 7,843,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? (1020 Views)

Does Tribe Matter Before Initiating In A Committed Relationship? / Man Who Almost Committed Suicide Because Of His Ex Girlfriend Bounces Back / Beautiful Lady Who Almost Committed Suicide Shares Hot Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by mosdii(m): 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2020
Often times, I hear people say I'm in a serious relationship, I'm in a serious relationship.
From the body language and attitude of most persons who claims to be in a serious relationship shows that they have possibly or probably seen that other or better half that they can comfortably tie the knot with or hook up for better and for better.

In my view, I've come to a reasonable conclusion that a serious relationship is that relationship that is likely to end up in marriage ceteris paribus.
If a serious relationship, is the same thing as courtship. What then is a committed relationship?

From the conventional I'm in a serious relationship, the tide is gradually changing to I'm in a committed relationship.
Now, you will hear people say I'm in a committed relationship and it baffles me.

Is a committed relationship the climax of the dating game or it is slightly below the frequently used I'm in a serious relationship?

What then is the difference if there's any or are they one and same thing?
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by virginprincess(f): 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2020
To me they are same thing.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by chatinent: 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2020
A serious relationship has:

1. No sexual relation.

2. Both parties being financially and spiritually compatible.

3. Biologically compatible.

4. Marriage centered.

5. A relationship that honours God.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by fati2001(m): 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2020
chatinent:

1. No sexual relation.

4. Marriage centered.

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by jericco1(m): 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2020
My brother there's nothing like serious relationship okay.
It is either you are married or happily single. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2020
chatinent:

1. No sexual relation.

4. Marriage centered.

Gbam!
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:01pm On Oct 13, 2020
Serious relationship - both parties are in for a deal. That is they follow whatever term that is set before them. (The strengths are : Trust and respect)

Committed relationship - Each party strictly follow the terms and stick together without breaching or disbanding the terms. Committed required commitments hence loyalty hangs around. (The strengths are : Trust, Loyalty, Faithfulness, Respect and love)

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by merieam16(f): 5:04pm On Oct 13, 2020
Serious relationship is wen both parties are serious while committed relationship is wen both parties are committed.

I rest my case, watin i kno b4

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by onlyfacts: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
mosdii:
Often times, I hear people say I'm in a serious relationship, I'm in a serious relationship.
From the body language and attitude of most persons who claims to be in a serious relationship shows that they have possibly or probably seen that other or better half that can comfortably tie the knot with or hook up for better and for better.

In my view, I've come to a reasonable conclusion that a serious relationship is that relationship that is likely to end up in marriage ceteris paribus.
If a serious relationship, is the same thing as courtship. What then is a committed relationship?

From the conventional I'm in a serious relationship, the tide is gradually changing to I'm in a committed relationship.
Now, you will hear people say I'm in a committed relationship and it baffles me.

Is a committed relationship the climax of the dating game or it is slightly below the frequently used I'm in a serious relationship?

What then is the difference if there's any or are they one and same thing?

A serious relationship is a committed relationship and vice versa.

But let me add in both serious and committed relationships both parties have attained a level of MATURITY.

they now FEEL they know what the want in a relationship and no more childish games (hence the seriousness) and when they see that spec they want to hold on tightly (hence the commitment).

Just to add a little humor though cheesy -the secret to a committed and serious relationship for most people is because they KNOW they are getting OLD, both ladies and men. Most times it has nothing to do with MATURITY but more of BIOLOGY (that is the biological clock).

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 13, 2020
Lol,,,,, op don't stress yourself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, they're referring to the same thing but it is in different words,,,,,,,,,,,,wink

They're just saying that they're in a relationship,,,,,,,

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by paulolee(m): 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2020
all are the same....we jus like new ways of painting same sin...

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by WrittyWritter(f): 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
No be d same tin..

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by tobechi74: 11:18pm On Oct 13, 2020
Types of relationship

Talking people have sex, but they are not dating.

hooking up people, these people just have sex without any emotional connection. It can be one night stands or people that just have sex whenever they want to.

friends with benefits, these people do care about each other, but not in a romantic way, but trust each other enough to have sex with each other. This is all good till someone gets attached.
fluffer is a person that prepares someone to be ready for a relationship, but they don’t actually enter in to a relationship with the person. They are people that someone likes to sleep with but they won’t date them. Then the next person they sleep with they do enter in to a relationship with them. So the fluffer is like a rehearsal for the real thing. This sounds like a terrible situation to be in.
benching for instance which means you don’t really want to date someone but you want them on the bench if you need or want them later. If you are lonely and your first string isn’t available, go to the old reliable bench warmer
Ghosting is when you are friends or lovers one day and the next day you hear nothing.
https://tobechispeaks./2020/10/03/what-type-of-relationship-are-you-into/
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by mosdii(m): 10:20am On Oct 14, 2020
[quote author=merieam16 post=94905415]Serious relationship is wen both parties are serious while committed relationship is wen both parties are committed.

I rest my case, watin i kno b4[/quote

LWKMD
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by mosdii(m): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2020
WrittyWritter:
No be d same tin..

I doubt so
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by MrCork: 2:08pm On Oct 14, 2020
WrittyWritter:
No be d same tin..

^^^^typical village girl talking in pigeon English

anyways hello & hi are u. Am a music video director & hav director music videos for celebrity like beyansi, davido, Victorian, Dorin27, Zzor, puffy daddy, wizkid, tiwari savet& others. Could u please quickly kindly send me a full size naaaaked photo of yor beautiful sef so I can invite down for audition in my office & my place. I live in mansion. Please kindly hurry so u dont miss this shance smiley

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by Escabado: 4:05pm On Oct 14, 2020
When a Nigerian girl tell you that she is in a serious relationship it means her current boyfriend is paying all her bills and giving her money whenever she asks . Or she is an Olosho that wants to discharge you because you can't give her the type of money she wants .

A typical Nigerian girl can not say she is in serious relationship with a man that's not giving her enough money or paying her Bill

Pure fact !!!

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Serious & A Committed Relationship? by WrittyWritter(f): 8:43pm On Oct 14, 2020
MrCork:

^^^^typical village girl talking in pigeon English

anyways hello & hi are u. Am a music video director & hav director music videos for celebrity like beyansi, davido, Victorian, Dorin27, Zzor, puffy daddy, wizkid, tiwari savet& others. Could u please quickly kindly send me a full size naaaaked photo of yor beautiful sef so I can invite down for audition in my office & my place. I live in mansion. Please kindly hurry so u dont miss this shance smiley

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

(1) (Reply)

Missing Person Alert!!!!!!! / Why Do Some Girls Become Full-time Housewives On Campus. / Marriage : Are We Ready To Have This Conversation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.