Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,231 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil (13810 Views)

Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter / Jonathan Defies INEC- Deploys Presidential Jets For Campaigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by eros(m): 10:49pm On Mar 08, 2011
I love Nigeria and will always rep Naija, but we don't deserve to be called the giant of Africa until we truly earn the name. Titles are earned, and i believe South Africa has rightly earned that title from whatever angle anyone wants to argue.

Nigeria for now is a disgrace and until we put our house in order, we will continue to be a joke to the rest of the world.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by adconline(m): 10:52pm On Mar 08, 2011
When I was at school we use grades not positions.

I wasn't good at Mathematics but my best friend was very good at Mathematics.
I was very good at Biology but my best friend wasn't good at Biology.

SA has a good Economy, but Nigeria doesn't.
Nigeria has a good Defence, but SA doesn't.

I was still in the same class with my friend for 6 years.
SA is in the same class as Nigeria (3rd World)

I will only believe my friend was better that me if he got a promotion into senior class before me.
Nigeria will only believe SA is a better country if SA gets promoted into a 2nd world.

RSA is  not a third world country  going by UN Human Index.  Next time ,  if you want to make comparison, look at Naija's power generation output which is 3800MGW for 150 million people, while RSA generates over  40,000MGW f45 million people.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by scholes0(m): 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2011
^^ What kind'a straw man Illustration is this,
Is Powe generation everything?? So If Sa generates 40,000 MW, All that power goes into people's homes abi?? Be Pro-active, Mr man!!
And who told u that RSA is not third world by HDI ,  I don tire for people on NL ooo!!
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by scholes0(m): 10:58pm On Mar 08, 2011
I love Nigeria and will always rep Naija, but we don't deserve to be called the giant of Africa until we truly earn the name. Titles are earned, and i believe South Africa has rightly earned that title from whatever angle anyone wants to argue.

Nigeria for now is a disgrace and until we put our house in order, we will continue to be a joke to the rest of the world.

An opinion ffrom a self hater. shocked embarassed undecided
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by PraireLady: 10:59pm On Mar 08, 2011
eros:

The cold hard bitter truth.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by PraireLady: 11:01pm On Mar 08, 2011
eros:

The cold hard bitter truth.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by recoome(m): 11:04pm On Mar 08, 2011
Bimbo & seun should be flogged in public 4 such a statement, if SA was really the giant then why do they need our population to patronize them, they are the giant of immorality & prostitution after encouraging pple to go into prostitution & importing 40,000,000 pcs of condoms all in the name of world cup, instead of solving their escalating HIV problems that is wiping out their entire pop. They are busy trying to steal our name. NIGERIA IS THE GIANT OF THE BLACK WORLD.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by recoome(m): 11:04pm On Mar 08, 2011
Bimbo & seun should be flogged in public 4 such a statement, if SA was really the giant then why do they need our population to patronize them, they are the giant of immorality & prostitution after encouraging pple to go into prostitution & importing 40,000,000 pcs of condoms all in the name of world cup, instead of solving their escalating HIV problems that is wiping out their entire pop. They are busy trying to steal our name. NIGERIA IS THE GIANT OF THE BLACK WORLD.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 08, 2011
why does the whole world do they need our population to patronize them

good question.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by virgo(f): 11:09pm On Mar 08, 2011
South Africa is a white country with a black majority. Nigeria has fallen behind in terms of infrastructural developments. Those of you exchanging words should just chill out. Every African country has its unique problems. I agree with those who feel that the woman "Bimbo Somolu" allowed herself to be used to make a claim on behalf of South Africa. I believe that while any country does not reserve the right to a particular moniker, the South Africans should have used their own citizens to make that claim. "Hi my name is Tsabalala. I know and believe above everything that my country South Africa is the giant of Africa". Tau! No problem.

Do I really care if you want to call yourselves the shakers and movers of the continent. So in summary, point 1- Every African country in this blessed continent has PROBLEMS. 2- Don't be cowardly when throwing insults. Using citizens of a country to make a point against their own country was TASTELESS.

Anyway, nuff said. BTW, all of you Africans fighting should go to other foreign forums and read what they say about Africa. Let me give you a hint , "nothing good comes out of that AIDS infested continent. Africans just cost the world billions in aid". So much for all your "my soup is sweet and yours is bitter" drivel. No African is better than the other period!
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by rhymz(m): 11:11pm On Mar 08, 2011
Nigeria is Giant of Africa because of its strategic importance to the African continent. No African country can rival Nigeria's contribution to Africa's stability  and development, even the  RSA that is being bandied as a model was a benefactor of Nigeria's benevolence and big brother role in the African continent. It has often been said that if Nigeria gets it right, the rest of Africa will follow suit, how many south africans do you see at the world stage representing Africa's interest and committing both time,human resources and money? South African story is a tricky one, some naive Nigerians just go to johanesboug, and some other industrialized cities in SA and paint a larger than life picture of the place without taking into cognitance of the real people that control the economy. How many black SA actually ve thesame opportunity like their white counter part with thesame qualificationd and skills. Even with their black empowerment policies that allows 10% of black ownership on most of their bluechips, how many black SA can actually boast of a well run solely black conglomerate? Their townships are as squalid as Aj city, an average black SA is as poor as any other poor Nigerian. In rainbow nation with black people as majority dont you all find it disturbing that more than 85% of the country's wealth is in the hands of a minority few and their colonial government?
Zimbabwe is a perfect example of the risk such unbalance distribution of economic wealth can cause. The moment Mugabe started giving lands taken lands from white farmers (who had fraudulently aquired then during the apartheid reign) the white government did everything to cripple the Zimbabwean economy-from trade restictions and bans to sanctions and pulling out white owned biznesses, today, we hear of a country whose inflationary rates run into hundreds of millions to the point visitors in a Zimbabwean hotels were reminded by a sign post to the toilet not to use the zimbabwean dollar notes as tissue paper in the event they run out of toilet rolls while taking a shyte. That is exactly what could happen to SA in the event the black majority attempt to gain more than a %10 stake in the economy of their own country, all those infrastructure and what have you will be a talk of the past, as the white owners will make sure they leave the place in a way they will be begged to come back. SA can never be Africa's Giant no matter how developed it is, that is a fact.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:17pm On Mar 08, 2011
scholes0:

^^ Ok, Zim Man,
Typicam Zim man, making Straw man Illustrations.
Jamaicans built the London Subway-[B] BUT THEY DONT CONTROL THE BULK OF THE ECONOMY - INFACT, THEY DONT EVEN CONTROL THE VERY RAIL SYSTEM THEY BUILT[/B]
Chinese Not only Helped in developing American infrastructure, but they are investing heavily in the American economy [B]BUT THEY DONT CONTROL THE ECONOMY EITHER[/B]- Not even close to it.
  I for one am not against Foreign Involvement in local economies, Yes, U were right Some developments in Nigeria and other countries around the world comes from multinationals, But Hey ZIMBO, The overwheming bulk of our Naija economy is controlled by Native Nigerians, and we are no 2nd class citizens to any Racial minority in our own country, Yes we have problems , but at least our problems are caused by us, and we are try to get them solved.
And who is shifting the goalie to get a point driven through I  am simply asking u If u would be happy if the biggest economy on  ''Lala'' continent is being controlled by racial minoroties,  U are there Bleepoing thrash. Arent u a Black African, for god sakes
    Anyways, I have nothing on u, every man on his own!! Mind u, Africans like [B]US[/B] can smile again, cause Naija is rising!!! {and we own what we have---} and as we are doing so, With  GRACE & LEGAL PRIDE!!!  cool cool ,  I dont know about Africans like Yourself.

poor you

economy

infrastructure

development etc  doesnt care who is in control as long it is bringing results

like i said should USA economy be halved becoz it was the british who started it ?

should the UK economy behalved becoz they got profits from colonazation ?
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by eros(m): 11:18pm On Mar 08, 2011
scholes0:

An opinion ffrom a self hater.  shocked embarassed undecided

Dude i am not a self hater and i would really love to see people being more civil on this forum. Everybody has a right to their opinions even if some of us choose to be BLINDLY PATRIOTIC. I don't think you love Nigeria more than i do if we compared notes on what we have done for this country to make it better for our children and their children's children.

I pray to see a Nigeria that will be the envy of the world. A country where everything works. A country with security, good roads, pipe borne water, steady power and what have you. But right now what we have is a sham or would you still argue otherwise  

So why call yourself the giant of Africa when you have nothing to offer the rest of Africa and the world at large   South Africa has something to offer other African countries and the world, and that is what that advert clearly states. Accept the damn truth or go hug a transform. Enough said.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by JProspero: 11:19pm On Mar 08, 2011
Sorry, guys, but I now see the reason why the failure rate in our school exams is too high: people simply leave the issue at hand and discuss something else, thereby writing O.P. (off-point). The write-up did not ask for a comparison between Nigeria and SA in terms of who deserves to be the Giant of Africa. The Giant of Africa is the moniker of Nigeria already. The issue is not whether Nig deserves it. Lagos is the Centre of Excellence, even though it is rated among the worst cities of the world. India says it is incredible India.

Coca-Cola is the Real Thing. Should Pepsi call itself "The True Real Thing" ?

University of Nigeria is for Lions and Lionesses. Should Unilag or UI say it is the home of the real Lions and Lionesses?

Should Harp say it is the Real Shine-Shine Bobo?

Should Arsenal call themselves "The Real Red Devils"? because they wear red jerseys?

Now imagine this scenario. You are known and called John the Giant by all your friends. Then one day John the Rock enters your home. Your wife looks at him and tells you: "Darling, this John is the Real John the Giant." What will you do? Smile and tell her that she spoke the truth because John the Rock is perhaps taller or fatter? Rubbbbish! John the Rock should allow John the Giant to be! He can choose John the Tallest, if he so wishes, or John the Greatest. No wahala.

Let's leave this issue about the state of the Nigeria nation and focus on the issue at hand. We can call ourselves names and insult our country, but when outsiders insult us we should have little self-respect to protest. Blacks call themselves "Niggas," but the moment a White man calls a Black man "Nigga," only a foooolish Black man would smile and tell him, "you spoke the truth. After all I am Black, so I am a nigger."
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by eros(m): 11:25pm On Mar 08, 2011
JProspero:

Sorry, guys, but I now see the reason why the failure rate in our school exams is too high: people simply leave the issue at hand and discuss something else, thereby writing O.P. (off-point). The write-up did not ask for a comparison between Nigeria and SA in terms of who deserves to be the Giant of Africa. The Giant of Africa is the moniker of Nigeria already. The issue is not whether Nig deserves it. Lagos is the Centre of Excellence, even though it is rated among the worst cities of the world. India says it is incredible India.

Coca-Cola is the Real Thing. Should Pepsi call itself "The True Real Thing" ?

University of Nigeria is for Lions and Lionesses. Should Unilag or UI say it is the home of the real Lions and Lionesses?

Should Harp say it is the Real Shine-Shine Bobo?

Should Arsenal call themselves "The Real Red Devils"? because they wear red jerseys?

Now imagine this scenario. You are known and called John the Giant by all your friends. Then one day John the Rock enters your home. Your wife looks at him and tells you: "Darling, this John is the Real John the Giant." What will you do? Smile and tell her that she spoke the truth because John the Rock is perhaps taller or fatter? Rubbbbish! John the Rock should allow John the Giant to be! He can choose John the Tallest, if he so wishes, or John the Greatest. No wahala.

Let's leave this issue about the state of the Nigeria nation and focus on the issue at hand. We can call ourselves names and insult our country, but when outsiders insult us we should have little self-respect to protest. Blacks call themselves "Niggas," but the moment a White man calls a Black man "Nigga," only a foooolish Black man would smile and tell him, "you spoke the truth. After all I am Black, so I am a nigger."

Seconded. I want to assume most of us agree with your point of view, but we are simply stating the reasons why none of us would challenge this affront by certain South Africans. If a few South Africans feel they deserve the moniker Giant of Africa, then so be it.

Remember when a great man falls and refuses to get back up again, he will be referred to as once a great man, who is now fallen. That is the case of our dear Nigeria. Until we pick up the pieces and get back up again, truth be told, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING great about Nigeria. . . . . . ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I say this with alot of pain in my heart
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by adconline(m): 11:35pm On Mar 08, 2011
Is Powe generation everything?? So If Sa generates 40,000 MW,  All that power goes into people's homes abi?? Be Pro-active, Mr man!!
And who told u that RSA is not third world by HDI ,  I don tire for people on NL ooo!!

Boko Haram economist is sounding off! How can a nation grow without manufacturing that this powered by electricity? Have you ever wondered how much NB PLC, MTN-Nigeria and Dangote are burning to keep their companies running?  Let have your facts stating that RSA is a 3rd country? U need to unmask yourself from blind patriotism; cos all the power generated by PHCN does not  only light up  homes, but factories as well.What makes you think that RSA is different? Go  and do your research on their  manufacturing output,  capacity  utilization and production capacity and compare those with your Heaven- Naija.
Even if there were a third world country, why do we have to judge ourselves from the rear? It's like saying that last position is the best position.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by Blakjewelry(m): 11:38pm On Mar 08, 2011
Though i dont give a damn about what the advert says, but what we nigerians dont know is that the problem is not nigeria but nigerians. We as a piple xpects much but are unwilling to give much. It's because of this altitude that makes all doze thiefing bastard called politicians to loot the country like a cow that is being milked and not a child that should be fed with milk, though they are not different from the piple shouting here and there about bad govt. If you tink i am lying engage any youth in such discussion, the next you will hear is ''oboy if na you. You no thief? because if na me i no go f**ck up o!'' so, the much needed change we are crying should begin we us xpecially the way we tink. 4 whatsoever a man thinket so is he. In conclussion whosoever say think nigeria is great is great indeed and whosoever think nigeria sucks so are you.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by virgo(f): 11:40pm On Mar 08, 2011
Zimdrill

Try not to sound like you believe that if the whites left SA like they left your Zim, everything would be perfect. You might not know it but despite the so called issues Nigeria has, the west gives us a grudging respect for being blacks who can think for ourselves. From the donation of 20 million USD by the Obasanjo regime in the 70s to your Mugabe to fight independence to the role we played in liberating SA (nationalizing BP because the British wouldn't stop supporting SA's apartheid regime), to the peace keeping operations in which we have invested billions of dollars and precious Nigerian lives, Nigeria has done a lot to earn the respect it deserves. The only snag is our problems with leadership. God willing, we are moving ahead. Nigeria is a BLACK country run by BLACK people. Like part of Obama's speech made in early 2010 reads, "Nigeria is critical to the rest of the continent and if Nigeria does not get it right, Africa will really not make more progress, "

The statement parked a debate on the BBC website, but yet the mind of America was made known. Most Nigerians might be aware of our problems but we are at least the owners of our country and that isn't much I can say for your SA and Zim.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by virgo(f): 11:44pm On Mar 08, 2011
Correction in line 3 ", to your Mugabe to fight for independence, ".
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by eros(m): 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2011
virgo:

Correction in line 3 ", to your Mugabe to fight for independence, ".

You can always correct errors on your post by clicking MODIFY and correct any mistakes in your comment.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by virgo(f): 11:48pm On Mar 08, 2011
Eros

Thanks for pointing that out to me. smiley
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by scholes0(m): 11:55pm On Mar 08, 2011
All of those Nigerians saying Nigeria is this and that should try to go and Live as a Black African in  place like Stellenbosch, Napier or George and Kimberly, and lets see if you wouldnt hate yourself before coming back to MMIA,
Ok, For example here is a shocking statistic  about SA's economic situation

[B]Annual per capita personal income by race group relative to white levels, 1917-2008 [39]
Year White Coloured Asian Black
1917 100 22.0 22.1 9.1
1924 100 20.0 19.4 7.9
1936 100 15.6 23.1 7.6
1946 100 16.3 23.0 8.9
1956 100 16.9 21.9 8.6
1960 100 15.9 17.1 8.1
1970 100 17.3 20.2 6.8
1975 100 19.4 25.4 8.6
1980 100 19.1 25.5 8.5
1987 100 20.9 30.2 8.5
1993 100 19.3 42.0 10.9
1995 100 20.0 48.4 13.5
2000 100 23.0 41.0 15.9
2008 100 22.0 60.0 13.0[/B]

Is this the country that wants to claim the title ''Giant of Africa, [B]and Africans[/B]'' ?? A country where as of 2008, Blacks earn only 13% Of what Whites earn,  cry, And Income inequality is like no other!!!!

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/Gini_Coefficient_World_CIA_Report_2009.svg[/img]

[B] Sure Nigeria has its own Problems, But I would Rather not live under conditions such as this.[/B]
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by scholes0(m): 12:00am On Mar 09, 2011
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by scholes0(m): 12:06am On Mar 09, 2011
poor you

economy

infrastructure

development etc  [B]doesnt care who is in control as long it is bringing results[/B]

like i said should USA economy be halved becoz it was the british who started it ?

should the UK economy behalved becoz they got profits from colonazation ?

A Zimbabwean man claims not to care who is in control, as long as it brings result??  shocked shocked ,  Until I see the Next White president of Zimbabwe and SA, I will call your statement Total Thrash!
Why dont u go to your coountry and check out your statements again!!! What an Irony,  ANyway that is not the Topic sentence here, so no pint discussing it.  I wonder who dosent really wish to be in control of their country's local economy!!!!!
But please, If that is the attitude Southern African Blacks have towards their Nation and people, please dont import that in here/, ,. Thanks  cry cry
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by recoome(m): 12:17am On Mar 09, 2011
eros:

You can always correct errors on your post by clicking MODIFY and correct any mistakes in your comment.
yeeeeeh!!! PUBLIC DISGRACE, if i were u(virgo) i would not eat for 1 wk, eros take it easy o!
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by scholes0(m): 12:18am On Mar 09, 2011
Dude i am not a self hater and i would really love to see people being more civil on this forum. Everybody has a right to their opinions even if some of us choose to be BLINDLY PATRIOTIC. I don't think you love Nigeria more than i do if we compared notes on what we have done for this country to make it better for our children and their children's children.

[B]I pray to see a Nigeria that will be the envy of the world. A country where everything works. A country with security, good roads, pipe borne water, steady power and what have you. But right now what we have is a sham or would you still argue otherwise  Huh Huh Huh Huh[/B]

So why call yourself the giant of Africa when you have nothing to offer the rest of Africa and the world at large  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh South Africa has something to offer other African countries and the world, and that is what that advert clearly states. Accept the damn truth or go hug a transform. Enough said.

So, until a nation is a perfect Paradise/ Nirvana, It hhas no right to lay stakes to rightful appelations,  Is that what u are saying??
Of course Nigeria has nothing to offer Africa, and yet , we have helped out our brothers in Liberia, Sierra Leone and The Sudan, In their greatest Tinme of Need, Donated Countless aid materials to Nations in drought throughout the Sahel, Launched Africa's First Telecomunication satellites for Disaster monitoring on the African continent, Opened up Bountiful businesses like Banks, Telecommunication companies Throughout our sub-region {West Africa}, Connected West Africa Via the Glo1 and Main 1 cables, to the rest of the world, E.tc

Now [B]U SELF HATER[/B] Tell me what your adopted country SA has done for Fellow Africans, that dosent involve Profit making and other personal gains!,  even while Zimbabwe Next door was crumbling, ''Giant'' SA did absolutely NOFING!!

Brcause I really dont know why A Nigerian who claims to love the country so much will write up such stuff as yours, and start including Childish remarks like ''He he he he '' and '' Hu hu hu hu'' Embeded in statements that are supposed to be from an Intellectual/Matured mind, SMH,  It is soo Obvious how much U love NIGERIA Indeed,
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by recoome(m): 12:28am On Mar 09, 2011
scholes0:

So, until a nation is a perfect Paradise/ Nirvana, It hhas no right to lay stakes to rightful appelations,  Is that what u are saying??
Of course Nigeria has nothing to offer Africa, and yet , we have helped out our brothers in Liberia, Sierra Leone and The Sudan, In their greatest Tinme of Need, Donated Countless aid materials to Nations in drought throughout the Sahel, Launched Africa's First Telecomunication satellites for Disaster monitoring on the African continent, Opened up Bountiful businesses like Banks, Telecommunication companies Throughout our sub-region {West Africa}, Connected West Africa Via the Glo1 and Main 1 cables, to the rest of the world, E.tc

Now [B]U SELF HATER[/B] Tell me what your adopted country SA has done for Fellow Africans, that dosent involve Profit making and other personal gains!,  even while Zimbabwe Next door was crumbling, ''Giant'' SA did absolutely NOFING!!

Brcause I really dont know why A Nigerian who claims to love the country so much will write up such stuff as yours, and start including Childish remarks like ''He he he he '' and '' Hu hu hu hu'' Embeded in statements that are supposed to be from an Intellectual/Matured mind, SMH,  It is soo Obvious how much U love NIGERIA Indeed,

GBAM! GBAM! GBAM!!!
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by scholes0(m): 12:32am On Mar 09, 2011
Boko Haram economist is sounding off! How can a nation grow without manufacturing that this powered by electricity? Have you ever wondered how much NB PLC, MTN-Nigeria and Dangote are burning to keep their companies running?  Let have your facts stating that RSA is a 3rd country? U need to unmask yourself from blind patriotism; cos all the power generated by PHCN does not  only light up  homes, but factories as well.What makes you think that RSA is different? Go  and do your research on their  manufacturing output,  capacity  utilization and production capacity and compare those with your Heaven- Naija.
Even if there were a third world country, why do we have to judge ourselves from the rear? It's like saying that last position is the best position.

Instead of resorting to personal Insults, Why dont u use your time to Lay out your points carefully, like someone who actually visited the four walls of college, Or even High school, and go straight to the point, Instead of calling a brother ''Boko Haram'' Economist
Yes, Power is necessary for development, But It is still not everything, because If that  was the case, U should decide to start living in  North Korea, since it seems like POWER is all that matters to u!!!
   South African has had a longer time in development,, hence why there is sufficient power supp;ly {Abeit not Constant, since Power cuts still occur]
Moreso, SA needs that Huge amount of power ,  Not becasue they just love generating power for no reason , But because they need it to power their Mining sector, and Mining as we all know, requires tremendioud amounts of power.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by Guylan(m): 12:36am On Mar 09, 2011
If RSA claims to be the Giant of Africa, why are some Nigerians complaining on NL. Complain to our corrupt politicians who cannot use the " black gold" money to fix the power failure in Nigeria, who cannot construct good road network across Nigeria, nor provide water supply.  Haba, what makes Nigeria the Giant of Africa in the first place  -  population? angry angry angry angry angry
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by scholes0(m): 12:39am On Mar 09, 2011
^^ U might as well Pack and go, For Ethiopia calls thee!!!! [If U are sooo dissatisfied in Naija} grin cool cool tongue wink cheesy
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:41am On Mar 09, 2011
What's really ironic is that it was the British that coined this "Giant of Africa" title, and Nigerians just ran with it. Now other Africans are judging for themselves and they don't see it, and I can't blame them. The title is pointless and useless anyways. Until all of Africa gets its act together, being giant of Africa isn't even something to brag about - whether its Nigeria or South Africa we're talking about.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by lanreSamson: 12:45am On Mar 09, 2011
Where is it written that Nigeria is the Giant of Africa? yes, self acclaimed but i thought that has been over taken by "Great People, Great Nation" tagline. Nigerians and our unnecessary sentiments. However, Mrs Shomolu's statement was based on her personal experience and obviously not scripted. I have also seen the same advert by Indians, Uk, and Americans couples. They all shared their personal views based on their experiences in SA. Dont let us create unnecessary debate, this is purely tourism promotion. No biggie!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Did Mungo Park Actually Discover River Niger? / 2015: “no Hijab, No Voting”- Lagos Muslims Insist / President Buhari Revalidates His APC Membership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.