Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,588 members, 7,816,447 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil (13811 Views)

Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter / Jonathan Defies INEC- Deploys Presidential Jets For Campaigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by godspeed: 1:56am On Mar 18, 2011
ziga:

The reason Naija is the way it is currently is because so many Nigerians lack logical thinking.

There is no need to argue or contest whether Nigeria is still or was ever "Giant of Africa". That is ABSOLUTELY NOT THE ISSUE.

The said statement in the commercial was an unnecessary jab directed at Nigeria, made by a Nigerian in an SA commercial that is supposed to promote SA to Nigerians There is no better way to describe that than insulting. And for the people who love the commercial, your brain is probably not mature enough to appreciate the message in it.

For the Nigerians who still do not understand, it takes tolerance of other people and maturity to become developed!

i agree with u perfectly.percorns insults are unwanted distractions from the main topic

RSA:

Horror! Maurauders kill 66-year old widow, four children in Jos
| Print | E-mail
Written by Isaac Shobayo
Monday, 07 March 2011

The Nigerian Tribune learnt that the attackers, numbering about twenty were said to have sneaked into the village at about 1:05 am when all the inhabitants had gone to bed, they gained access to the village through the hills in the neighbourhood.

It was learnt that on entering the village, they proceeded to Daguit family compound at the extreme end of the village close to the railway line and released several volley of gunshots into the air to probably scare the residents or to announce their arrival.

An eye witness account told the Nigerian Tribune that the assailants who were all in black attire to hide their identities shot at random within the Daguit compound and succeeded in killing a 66 years old widow and her four grown up children residing within the compound.

The eldest son of the widow who survived the incident by the whiskers, Ezekiel Daguit, told the Nigerian Tribune that the assailants were not robbers but assassins who came with the intention of wiping out the entire family. He said at about I: 05 am on Monday, his dogs were barking and he decided to peep through the window before coming out to see what was happening.

Ezekiel said before he could put his act together, the people had forced their ways into his mother’s room and pumped bullets into her. They were not done yet as they dragged the aged woman out of her room to confirm that she was dead. After that he said they moved to his sister, and also snuffed life out of her.

rsa crime is common 2 all countries of the world(u of all pple knows that, as your country takes the front seat in that) but we will never take our anger on innocent foreigners like u do in your country. but can u draw a parrallel btw what happened in jos and your own despicable apartheid (d effect of which still haunts u till dis day)which nigeria(the true giant of africa)rescued u from
pecorns:

@godspeed
firstly, i lived in South Africa for 6 years and I have been to all those cities except cape towns,

did u say lived?why didnt u stay put

you are talking about Nigerian airports, where as of last year, the lagos international airport still had power outaged, please don't riducle yourself,

as if sa don"t experience power cuts

Now, you are right, Nigeria tops South Africa in couple of areas that is worth being proud of, entertainment and population, that I totally forgot to mention, but when you want to talk AGRICULTURE, you must not know your facts at all, South Africa produces way more than Nigeria,

like?cocoa?cassava?palm?rubber?timber? nig is in global top 10 in these

you said Natural resources, LOL, OIL is practically a curse to Nigeria,

whatever,at least be brave to admit we beat your adoptd country in this

someone mentioned the Nigerian military, while our foot soliders are the best in AFRICA, the South Africa Air force can them them out in a heart beat,

how did u know this.do u know nig's strenth in d air?

one of the things you said you are proud of is that Nigeria telecommunication industry as grown to be the biggest in Africa, how is that an achievement, it just common sense, 150 million people, mean 150 million clients, there is no thinking about that, yes, we have come a long way and we are getting better, not unless we can produce and make our own cellphone, we will be always consumers, let us not jump to number 1 position overnight please,

i guess sa produces phones
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by dasa: 7:53pm On Apr 12, 2011
i absolutely hate that advert. that couple are not patriotic. all would have been ok if she didnt say the gaint of Africa thing. SA has a bigger economy right now, but that nick name belongs to Nigeria. thier country. SA setup a commision to attract tourist from Nigeria, but that advert will do the opposite.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by AjanleKoko: 11:13am On Feb 02, 2012
Funny comments.
I wonder just how patriotic people are feeling today? undecided
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by jba203: 2:34pm On Feb 02, 2012
What do we mean by " Giant of Africa"? Giant in what? unless that is cleared our arguments will just remain those that are just patrotically blinded by emotions that stems out of inferiority.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by Rhoo: 6:19pm On Feb 02, 2012
all these comments because of an advert! grin
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by africaunite: 7:02am On Aug 21, 2012
I think another thing that is used to divide people in this world is patriotism,how can one (who call himself a hero) be angered by person calling himself/herself a hero. anyone can be a hero, anyone can call himself a giant of africa. Africans c'mon, can someone just wipe this thread off before its make us a laughing stock to the world
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by bamuhanya: 7:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
Did Nigeria invent the words or sentence!!! abegi make una go sit down.After all na lie? Na population we go chop?They can even use any slogan since its not a patent right to any nation.Sometimes i wonder how we think.na beefing or what,if not wetin concern us with such less relevant comments.I believe na lack of work dey cause all this useless things.
Re: South Africa Defies Nigeria On Nigerian Soil by Amansu(f): 10:48pm On Jul 23, 2013
You make it sound as if it is a physical battle. Don't deceive yourself - Nigeria is no where near South Africa, economically or militarily. Just call a spade a spade! Who is to blame but our corrupt leaders!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Suspected Boko Haram Militants Kill Eight, Kidnap 100 In Cameroon / Governor Dickson Pays Army N400m For Seaport Survey / Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.