Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,853 members, 7,844,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

#EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic (5677 Views)

Lagos Police Warn Protesters To Stop Advancing Gani Fawehinmi Park (Video, Photo / Falz, Aisha Yesufu Tells Protesters To Obey Curfew / Aisha Yesufu Asks Abuja EndSARS Protesters To Retreat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by izzou(m): 6:35pm On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

I reached o. Today was a fairly lucky day. Na just say im be my correct guy, na why I take the risk. If say na you, I for dey house dey drink beer. grin

Fork you, Pocohantas

Fooooorrrrkkkkk you angry
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Ishilove: 6:42pm On Oct 17, 2020
izzou:

I was in traffic twice today; back to back and it's no longer funny

I wholeheartedly support the protests, but I think it would be more effective if it's channelled to the right people

Police stations
Police HQ
Government parastatals
NASS building and their members houses

Today wasn't funny abeg. A large group blocked a whole lane, and was showing cardboards to us in traffic

The ones on my route are undoubtedly hungry, jobless boys judging by their wild and scruffy appearance, so they are defiantly and gleefully telling the rest of us, the government included "fvck all y'all. We suffer this together!"

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

I reached o. Today was a fairly lucky day. Na just say im be my correct guy, na why I take the risk. If say na you, I for dey house dey drink beer. grin

Hahaha. One of my Ashawo brothers married today. Na the wedding you go?
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by 2by40ft: 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2020
internationalman:

Those are some of the prices we pay for freedom.
Are just the stupid mistakes government is praying you make.
If u are Nigerian and think you don't have a freedom sure you don't know what you lack.
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Goalnaldo(m): 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2020
Ishilove:
True freedom, not made in China comes at a sometimes steep price. I'm stuck in traffic too as I type this, inhaling noxious fumes, but I recognise these times are historical and we must endure for the sake of posterity.
your are blessed with wisdom my sister. How are you doing? You forgot about your brother smiley
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Ishilove: 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Happy Endurance, Ishi. I am stuck in traffic again, went for the wedding of my lovely friend who happens to be a Nlder. One of the 17 single eligible Nigerian men. Luckily, I am not inhaling nothing. My office has made provision to move all essentials to hotels at designated walkable distances- I am ready for organized ENDURANCE too. grin grin
Heh. So who are the remaining 16? cheesy

Aluta continua

Victoria ascerta!! grin
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

Hahaha. One of my Ashawo brothers married today. Na the wedding you go?

My friend is not one of your ashawo brothers. If he is one of your own, I won’t be there to congratulate my fellow woman for marrying him. smiley smiley

Ishilove:

Heh. So who are the remaining 16? cheesy
Victoria ascerta!! grin

I fit compile list if you want sha. Out of the 16, na only 3 dey Lagos. grin

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Ishilove: 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

My friend is not one of your ashawo brothers. If he is one of your own, I won’t be there to congratulate my fellow woman for marrying him. smiley smiley

Oya compile away, but make sure they have money o. If there is anyone among them being dealt with by the spirit of poverty, kindly omit make we no vex angry grin

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Ishilove: 7:44pm On Oct 17, 2020
Goalnaldo:
your are blessed with wisdom my sister. How are you doing? You forgot about your brother smiley
My dear na EndSars and Buharinomics dey distract manpikin. How your side?
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Thegamingorca(m): 7:45pm On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

shocked
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Goalnaldo(m): 7:47pm On Oct 17, 2020
Ishilove:

My dear na EndSars and Buharinomics dey distract manpikin. How your side?
we dey good here and praying we won't fall victim of SARS harassment.
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. Maybe you know him by his alternate. It has been a festival of marriages on our Ashawo thread of late. He must be one of us. We are very caring and loving men you know.

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by VaselineCrew: 4:36am On Oct 19, 2020
pocohantas:

You don’t know why I went out or why everyone else is out. The doctors treating them and other Nigerians have to get to work. The food they are eating, is being prepared by various eateries that have to get to work. The water they drink, a water factory is open to produce it!! The money used is being withdrawn at banks or transferred via switches. Majority of the funds sponsoring this protest came from hardworking Nigerians- home and abroad!! All these people are not STAYING AT HOME!!! We are also working for ourselves, them and our loved ones too!!!

If you have any clue on the situation on ground, you will know they go ahead to block alternative routes.

Do you know the kind of money the world lost during the lockdown? Why do you think countries had to open up despite impending risk?

No one is saying they are not appreciated, simply give commuters a little way to move about. That is all. Yet you guys come armed with insults, emotional blackmails and whataboutism.

If anyone is being thick, it is you and your kind that have refused to reason.

They are being extremely thick, don't mind them.

It's almost like they think cars are the government and no matter your emergency in life, you deserve to be stuck somewhere.
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by VaselineCrew: 4:40am On Oct 19, 2020
MLTR:

If there are no inconvenieneces then its business as usual, if its business as usual how will the govt take us serious.
These protest are orchestrated by lenied & exposed Nigerians, certainly they know the inconveniences people might go through, buh its unavoidable cos every gud demand comes with its own price.
when the govt locked everyone in, people had flight scheduled, medical appointment, fixed event .... why did poco not open a thread to nag, whats going on now is not even up to that and some of you can't show understanding cos the inconveniences is not coming from the govt ..lol! cumma stop us.

Even with the lockdown, patients could still go to the hospital

Anyways, people always talk like you when situations don't affect them personally.
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by VaselineCrew: 4:41am On Oct 19, 2020
Ishilove:
True freedom, not made in China comes at a sometimes steep price. I'm stuck in traffic too as I type this, inhaling noxious fumes, but I recognise these times are historical and we must endure for the sake of posterity.

You must endure?

You endure because of God's grace in the health that he gave you, others are not as fortunate, how do they endure?

Or maybe you never even thought about them with your hale and hearty self.
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Yebosola(m): 5:47am On Oct 19, 2020
Enceladus:
Took me 9hrs from the island to my house last week. Spent about 5 hours alone on the 3rd m bridge. Its frustrating yes, but all is fair in love and war.

Let people stay at home,is it by Force to go out? During govt 419 covid,una venture outside? Nigerians sef,no wonder govt dey kick us right,left and center like football.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Yebosola(m): 5:55am On Oct 19, 2020
kneehighbootz:

At least you have a job. Many people do not have jobs and absolutely nothing to live for. Please let's not be selfish. It's not about you.
If you have to wake up early or leave your engagement on time to beat traffic, then so be it.

After all, when we were on lockdown for months, did we not sit at home?

Let this person b,from her/his write up,u can see his selfishness is second to none, just about him/her alone,his father's appointment my foot,carry your Dad overnight to a closer guest house to meet your next day appointment,is that too much as part of your own sacrifice to make Nigeria better?
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:52am On Oct 19, 2020
If your father and mine had done this in the past, we won't be where we were where we were.
All of them were forming busy, where the busy carry them go?

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 11:31am On Oct 19, 2020
VaselineCrew:

Even with the lockdown, patients could still go to the hospital

Anyways, people always talk like you when situations don't affect them personally.

A doctor I know just told me a pregnant woman had complications last night and they couldn’t reach the hospital due to traffic. You know they fortified their road blocks yesterday. If the husband knew, maybe he would have moved her to a guest house near the hospital as part of his sacrifice for a better Nigeria. They were fighting for her... She’ll be pleased wherever she is. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by tosinhtml: 1:42pm On Oct 19, 2020
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2020
pocohantas:

You are right, but I am not Buhari, his family member or his sidechick. So they are hurting us to get at Buhari. We are all in this together. There has to be a way to do this without inconveniencing fellow Nigerians.

Buhari is not even in Lagos.
You can suggest this way, it will be better that way
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2020
alizma:

If them no block the road, you for no make this post. Talking about people having their business is like saying those people do not have problem with the way SARS was operating and the way Nigerians are being govern.
This is a time for everyone Nigerian to stop whatever he/she is doing and speak with one voice.
This protest is an opportunity for all Nigerians to come out and demand for good governance at all level and better representation.
We are not going to die if we all decide to close our businesses for one month and hit the street to demand for better representation in Nigeria.
In this same country and this same year, we were lockdown for months against our wish yet we scale through without dying. The demand for good governance is our wish, our choice and now that some people have taking to d streets to send the signal, I do not expect anyone to complain.
What makes you think she us not a beneficiary
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2020
Moferere:

If SARS had killed any of your relatives, would you say people should leave the road.

Ẹ jẹ k'órí yín pé o
So, blocking roads will bring them back from death?
Common sense is not common...
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 2:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
Plead:

So, blocking roads will bring them back from death?
Common sense is not common...

How far? Shey they have started to collect? I have never seen a set that hates to be objective like the average Nigerian. I hope all those people calling me stupid and selfish would go quench the fire burning the country currently.

They could have easily allowed all of us coexist side by side, but they refused to. They said the inconveniences are part of the price for revolution. The looting they are also facing should be counted as a price for revolution.

How did we forget the average Nigerian is criminal minded, thrives in chaos and SARS isn’t the only problem we have? They never see anything. They should send more rice and chicken to “peaceful protesters”. undecided
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2020
pocohantas:

How far? Shey they have started to collect? I have never seen a set that hates to be objective like the average Nigerian. I hope all those people calling me stupid and selfish would go quench the fire burning the country currently.

They could have easily allowed all of us coexist side by side, but they refused to. They said the inconveniences are part of the price for revolution. The looting they are also facing should be counted as a price for revolution.

How did we forgot the average Nigerian is criminal minded, thrives in chaos and SARS isn’t the only problem we have? They never see anything. They should send more rice and chicken to “peaceful protesters”. undecided
The same thing we were saying then, I wish I was outside this shithole, left with me they should release the army and restore peace simple.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by baralatie(m): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
so this was the thread that people showed their ignorances
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 22, 2020
pocohantas:

How did we forgot the average Nigerian is criminal minded, thrives in chaos and SARS isn’t the only problem we have? They never see anything. They should send more rice and chicken to “peaceful protesters”. undecided
We warned them but they said we are being insensitive and stupid.

Protesters were blocking roads, harrasing and assaulting people who didn't join them to protest and nobody complained. But when soldiers decided to bring them to order after all other options failed tears erupted everywhere, the military have gone mute now but they're still going overboard with their fvckery by burning both government and private installations and nobody is complaining but if soldiers shoot them now they'll start wailing on social media.

All the fvckery currently going on in the country could've been averted if our youths are logical but nah, they prefer emotions and sentiments.
They'll harass, kill or loot from an innocent person and say that's a little price the person should pay. Imagine, like wtf.

They said they're protesting because SARS officials are infringing on their rights only for them to start blocking roads thereby infringing on other people's right to free movement. I keep asking, what is the difference between the protesters and the SARS folks they're protesting against?

All these rubbish they're doing now they think they can face the military if the military decides to teach them a lesson? The military has firearms, tanks and aircrafts but the protesters have none so how exactly will they take down the military? By chestbeating on social media I guess. They keep ranting about revolution but what they don't know is that for a revolution to be successful you have to have some politicians and military officials on your side, they have made an enemy out of everybody.
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 3:25pm On Oct 22, 2020
Plead:

We warned them but they said we are being insensitive and stupid.

All the fvckery currently going on in the country could've been averted if our youths are logical but nah, they prefer emotions and sentiments.
They'll harass, kill or loot from an innocent person and say that's a little price the person should pay. Imagine, like wtf.

They said they're protesting because SARS officials are infringing on their rights only for them to start blocking roads thereby infringing on other people's right to free movement. I keep asking, what is the difference between the protesters and the SARS folks they're protesting against?

All these rubbish they're doing now they think they can face the military if the military decides to teach them a lesson? The military has firearms, tanks and aircrafts but the protesters have none so how exactly will they take down the military? By chestbeating on social media I guess. They keep ranting about revolution but what they don't know is that for a revolution to be successful you have to have some politicians and military officials on your side, they have made an enemy out of everybody.

They should leave them o. I no wan see Surulere Massacre with pictures of dead people that started resurrecting after 24hrs. Allow them have their way, they are peaceful protesters. Some peaceful protesters have also freed prisoners in an Ondo correctional facility. They need more food and Ribena to keep the fire burning.

We move!!!

SegFault:

The same thing we were saying then, I wish I was outside this shithole, left with me they should release the army and restore peace simple.

Left to me, they should allow them. Since they have burned police stations and defied curfews- they should be left alone!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2020
pocohantas:

They should leave them o. I no wan see Surulere Massacre with pictures of dead people that started resurrecting after 24hrs. Allow them have their way, they are peaceful protesters. Some peaceful protesters have also freed prisoners in an Ondo correctional facility. They need more food and Ribena to keep the fire burning.

We move!!!

Left to me, they should allow them. Since they have burned police stations and defied curfews- they should be left alone!!

When they burn, loot or harass innocent folks they're hoodlums and thugs but when security officials shoot at them in retaliation they become innocent protesters.

I don't support rubbish Mehn.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2020
pocohantas:

We move!!!

This country self, when we were telling them they would say you are selfish you are this you are that, now that the fire is about to consume us all the masses and politicians alike I would like to hear from those idiots, just look at first bank and access bank in abakpa, they've torn the whole place down, sometimes ehn I no dey blame all these racists.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Love This Man, Why Can't He Contest For The Presidency In 2023 ?? / Download The Uwais Report Here -exclusive To Nairaland / CPC Falling Apart? SE/SS/SW State Chairmen Expelled

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.