Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,806 members, 7,844,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

#EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic (5671 Views)

Lagos Police Warn Protesters To Stop Advancing Gani Fawehinmi Park (Video, Photo / Falz, Aisha Yesufu Tells Protesters To Obey Curfew / Aisha Yesufu Asks Abuja EndSARS Protesters To Retreat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by limeta(f): 12:01am On Oct 17, 2020
The protesters are not there for themselves alone they there for you too

Find alternative route or stay at home as part of yr protest .

Not only you ve things to do most of the protesters ve things to do too but they there fighting for you

Some black people can be very thick.

4 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 12:07am On Oct 17, 2020
limeta:
The protesters are not there for themselves alone they there for you too

Find alternative route or stay at home as part of yr protest .

Not only you ve things to do most of the protesters ve things to do too but they there fighting for you

Some black people can be very thick.

You don’t know why I went out or why everyone else is out. The doctors treating them and other Nigerians have to get to work. The food they are eating, is being prepared by various eateries that have to get to work. The water they drink, a water factory is open to produce it!! The money used is being withdrawn at banks or transferred via switches. Majority of the funds sponsoring this protest came from hardworking Nigerians- home and abroad!! All these people are not STAYING AT HOME!!! We are also working for ourselves, them and our loved ones too!!!

If you have any clue on the situation on ground, you will know they go ahead to block alternative routes.

Do you know the kind of money the world lost during the lockdown? Why do you think countries had to open up despite impending risk?

No one is saying they are not appreciated, simply give commuters a little way to move about. That is all. Yet you guys come armed with insults, emotional blackmails and whataboutism.

If anyone is being thick, it is you and your kind that have refused to reason.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by limeta(f): 12:23am On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

You don’t know why I went out or why everyone else is out. The doctors treating them and other Nigerians have to get to work. The food they are eating, is being prepared by various eateries that have to get to work. The water they drink, a water factory is open to produce it!! The money used is being withdrawn at banks or transferred via switches. Majority of the funds sponsoring this protest came from hardworking Nigerians- home and abroad!! All these people are not STAYING AT HOME!!! We are also working for ourselves, them and our loved ones too!!!

If you have any clue on the situation on ground, you will know they go ahead to block alternative routes.

Do you know the kind of money the world lost during the lockdown? Why do you think countries had to open up despite impending risk?

If anyone is being thick, it is you and your kind that have refused to reason.

Oh shit niger
Leave complain alone tomorrow will be better than today trust the youths
Even if they fail this is something new
Nigeria will never be the same again

4 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Romangalactic(m): 12:41am On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

[s]

No one is saying they are not appreciated, simply give commuters a little way to move about. That is all. Yet you guys come armed with insults, emotional blackmails and whataboutism.

If anyone is being thick, it is you and your kind that have refused to reason.[/s]
Jst try 2 kip shut mbok

6 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 12:46am On Oct 17, 2020
limeta:

Oh shit niger
Leave complain alone tomorrow will be better than today trust the youths
Even if they fail this is something new
Nigeria will never be the same again

I don’t want them to fail. If they fail, I have failed. We had to make my dad’s medical appointment next week, just because we want this to pass. If it were an emergency, would we be having this conversation?

Someone said “CEO’s are aware“. Were CEOs not aware when there was scarcity of buses (post-covid) and Nigerians had to trek kilometers everyday? How many of those CEOs provided transportation of any sort for their staff? Do you know any organization that has currently told her staff to stay at home and they’ll get paid? cheesy Please let me know, make I apply. Allow people pass, you don’t know where we are going to for christ sake!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Romangalactic(m): 12:46am On Oct 17, 2020
Ladies & gents,she wee soon call som1 2 stat deleting comments dat ar nt kizzin her bom. Xpect hidden coments by mornin pplegrin
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Romangalactic(m): 12:54am On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

I don’t want them to fail. If they fail, I have failed. We had to make my dad’s medical appointment next week, just because we want this to pass. If it were an emergency, would we be having this conversation?

pocohantas:

6 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by limeta(f): 12:54am On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Someone said “CEO’s are aware“. Were CEOs not aware when there was scarcity of buses (post-covid) and Nigerians had to trek kilometers everyday? How many of those CEOs provided transportation of any sort for their staff? Do you know any organization that has currently told her staff to stay at home and they’ll get paid? cheesy Please let me know, make I apply. Allow people pass, you don’t know where we are going to for christ sake!

You can go here and go there
Everything is in Gods hand
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Nobody: 12:57am On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:
If you stay in Lagos, you will know the traffic situation has been terrible lately, courtesy the protest.

Thanks

At least you have a job. Many people do not have jobs and absolutely nothing to live for. Please let's not be selfish. It's not about you.
If you have to wake up early or leave your engagement on time to beat traffic, then so be it.

After all, when we were on lockdown for months, did we not sit at home?

4 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 12:57am On Oct 17, 2020
limeta:

You can go here and go there
Everything is in Gods hand

Lol. Amen... cheesy

kneehighbootz:

At least you have a job. Many people do not have jobs and absolutely nothing to live for. Please let's not be selfish. It's not about you.
If you have to wake up early or leave your engagement on time to beat traffic, then so be it.

After all, when we were on lockdown for months, did we not sit at home?

We were on lockdown for months and we know how it went. People began to defile the order because the hunger was getting too much. People lost their jobs. This was a lockdown backed by government.

Read the highlighted to yourself very slowly, then tell me who needs to be given that advice. Me that is not against the protest, but only needs road to pass or you and your kind.
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by LegendaryLover(m): 1:10am On Oct 17, 2020
This is a very selfish post by pokohanta.
Pls read up on the atrocities of these sars people, & see how necessary it is that the attention of people be gotten by all means.
I mean wouldn't u just ignore the protest & not give it any thought if they didn't disrupt ur everyday schedule? I mean we see all kinds of things in lasgidi, so much so that we don't think much on them anymore.
But such protest that causes traffic, keeping u in a vehicle longer than necessary would get attention. who knows which govt official may also have been caught in that traffic. This is only what the govt of nigrria understands.

so, just bear for now. it's a littl price to pay for nigeri to be great again.

4 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 1:35am On Oct 17, 2020
I think I have made my point clear. Many want to say this, but are scared of the backlash grin.

I am selfish, yes. However, no energy to shalaye, body dey pain me sef. I’ll see what the forthcoming days bring...

4 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by DenreleDave(m): 4:03am On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:
I think I have made my point clear. Many want to say this, but are scared of the backlash grin.

I am selfish, yes. However, no energy to shalaye, body dey pain me sef. I’ll see what the forthcoming days bring...

I'm sure Sars has never handled you or any members of your family..... I doubt if you have ever seen SARS just suddenly pack behind you while walking on the street and force someone into their bus...

If u have seen this, u wud support the moment.... Where are those people going? Their children may be harass tmao if not today....

Infact we will be happy if they leave their cars and buses to block the whole city so dt govt can knw That we are not joking..

Anyway we blocked roads too but we later allowed them to pass a single lane..

I didn't support delaying People for hours too, we did it by 10 minutes intervals b4 we actually allow them a lane Sha..

Protest sweet grin grin

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by PreyingMantis(m): 4:14am On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:
If you stay in Lagos, you will know the traffic situation has been terrible lately, courtesy the protest.

Thanks
Auntie Poco why are you against the yoots?

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Whois(m): 5:19am On Oct 17, 2020
@op

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by alizma: 5:56am On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Thanks
If them no block the road, you for no make this post. Talking about people having their business is like saying those people do not have problem with the way SARS was operating and the way Nigerians are being govern.
This is a time for everyone Nigerian to stop whatever he/she is doing and speak with one voice.
This protest is an opportunity for all Nigerians to come out and demand for good governance at all level and better representation.
We are not going to die if we all decide to close our businesses for one month and hit the street to demand for better representation in Nigeria.
In this same country and this same year, we were lockdown for months against our wish yet we scale through without dying. The demand for good governance is our wish, our choice and now that some people have taking to d streets to send the signal, I do not expect anyone to complain.

6 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Powersurge: 6:01am On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Thanks

I am sorry for what you had to pass through. I had to take a day off work to join the protest. The gridlock is VERY important to this cause. I have walked long distances because of the gridlock. But is very important that this gridlock persists in this situation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by MrColdsweat: 6:07am On Oct 17, 2020
People are sacrificing their time, their lives to give you a better life and you're complaining.

You're lucky I've repented.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Thanks

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Kaycee7(m): 6:45am On Oct 17, 2020
internationalman:
One person can protest in a civilized country and the government would hear his/her cry.

But here, even if Buhari household joins in the protest he still won't hear...

That's why we resort to road blockage to sound a resounding and reverberating and resonating message to them...

I witness a hoodlum being beaten to death today at RingRoad, Benin City today and it was a nice and refreshing experience
With the bolded statement, how are you any different from the SARS we're protesting against? Jungle justice is what gave those animals the grounds to grow to this menace they are today.
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by BREYZ: 6:48am On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Thanks

Stop reasoning like a cow.
Stop this nonsense request. If you've lived in Nigeria all your life, you'll be so ashamed making this request, Nigerians deserve better not these killings, looting, corruption. what happened in NDDC alone should be enough to make you keep shut. It's not a crime if Nigeria becomes like Other countries our citizens run to for greener pastures , I don't care if everywhere is shut down but all I want is a better country for me and my unborn generation. Your President is yet to address protesters yet he attended Armed forces engagements, he's talking about crisis in another Country and wishing Trump quick recovery. Nigeria must work but I am disappointed that your only problem is traffic.

5 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by BREYZ: 6:51am On Oct 17, 2020
GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnn I won't be surprised if this shit makes front page...... Se.un is in love with evening newspaper.

If I see this on front page, I will deactivate my Nairaland account and believe me Nairaland will lose 2.9million accounts grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by BREYZ: 6:54am On Oct 17, 2020
Enceladus:
Took me 9hrs from the island to my house last week. Spent about 5 hours alone on the 3rd m bridge. Its frustrating yes, but all is fair in love and war.

Bros. Even before the protest there has always been traffic in Lagos, stop making it look as though is the protest. We know the truth grin

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by BREYZ: 6:57am On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

When/If I get sacked, what happens? I will open alternates to start soliciting help from Nlders?

I think someone of you live on Utopia...

Think am naw!!!

Schools have resumed and kids were seriously trekking under hot sun. I am sure I saw kids in uniform today. They should just allow one lane for people to pass, that doesn’t make us unpatriotic or less concerned to the protest.

Do you prefer these children grow into a system whereby they will get to ages 19,20,21,22,23 and they are killed by trigger happy sarz and police officers or you prefer their future is fought for now so that before they get to that age their lives will not be cut short because none of these anomalies will exist anymore?

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Kaycee7(m): 7:03am On Oct 17, 2020
BREYZ:

Stop reasoning like a cow.
Stop this nonsense request. If you've lived in Nigeria all your life, you'll be so ashamed making this request, Nigerians deserve better not these killings, looting, corruption. what happened in NDDC alone should be enough to make you keep shut. It's not a crime if Nigeria becomes like Other countries our citizens run to for greener pastures , I don't care if everywhere is shut down but all I want is a better country for me and my unborn generation. Your President is yet to address protesters yet he attended Armed forces engagements, he's talking about crisis in another Country and wishing Trump quick recovery. Nigeria must work but I am disappointed that your only problem is traffic.
Nigerians also deserve to be able to move around without unnecessary obstruction and delays. People have medical an personal emergencies to attend to. And all that is being asked is that protesters restructure their protests to not obstruct transportation, as much as possible. The people cooking and delivering food to the protesters, as well as, the ambulances rendering medical help need to be able to access locations as quickly as possible. Reason am now

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by BREYZ: 7:09am On Oct 17, 2020
Kaycee7:
Nigerians also deserve to be able to move around without unnecessary obstruction and delays. People have medical an personal emergencies to attend to. And all that is being asked is that protesters restructure their protests to not obstruct transportation, as much as possible. The people cooking and delivering food to the protesters, as well as, the ambulances rendering medical help need to be able to access locations as quickly as possible. Reason am now

There are still areas in Lagos where traffic is moving freely don't make it sound like the traffic is everywhere

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 7:14am On Oct 17, 2020
Kaycee7:

Someone with basic comprehension comes along. 3MB is just one road. When you block 3MB, block tollgate, block Ibadan express way and many other roads- how does any sane human compare that to the closure of just 3MB? If government was inconsiderate to block 3MB, so they should do same?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Kaycee7(m): 7:18am On Oct 17, 2020
BREYZ:

There are still areas in Lagos where traffic is moving freely don't make it sound like the traffic is everywhere
I wasn't even trying to imply the gridlock was everywhere. And what happens to the people in the areas where traffic isn't moving? Apart from the roads leading directly to important government buildings, there really isn't any need to block other places. Spending an extra 30 - 45 minutes than usual is understandable. But how do you keep fellow Nigerians on the road for hours and expect them to still align with the cause long term? Effort should be made to not cause division among us.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Someone with basic comprehension comes along. 3MB is just one road. When you block 3MB, block tollgate, block Ibadan express way and many other roads- how does any sane human compare that to the closure of just 3MB? If government was inconsiderate to block 3MB, so they should do same?

If govt keeps on ignoring, we will not only block those roads we will occupy everywhere, for so long the youths av been sidelined, finally we nigerian youths are trying to soro soke, and you think that is the perfect time to nag,you thrive in making everything about you such a selfish beach. NO price is tew much for freedom, we as people must be willing to make sacrifices if we ever want to progress.

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Arsenate(m): 7:55am On Oct 17, 2020
This one can't even make a little sacrifice of inconvenience for a great cause such as this.
Shame on you Poco.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Laud Ugwuanyi On Peace, National Unity, Economic Prosperity / Wike Unfollowed Atiku on Twitter / Opc Dares Boko Haram: Calls For Snc: Says Amalgamation, A Mistake!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.