Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

#EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic (5627 Views)

Lagos Police Warn Protesters To Stop Advancing Gani Fawehinmi Park (Video, Photo / Falz, Aisha Yesufu Tells Protesters To Obey Curfew / Aisha Yesufu Asks Abuja EndSARS Protesters To Retreat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2020
If you stay in Lagos, you will know the traffic situation has been terrible lately, courtesy the protest.

Earlier today, there was a thread on the frontpage asking if protesters have the right to block roads and many of the responses were quite sentimental. While they/we reserve the right to have peaceful protests, it should be done without obstructing traffic as we all have the right to movement too.

Majority of us are in favour of this protest and some who can’t be there owing to their jobs and various reasons, have donated to the cause. How do you want these people to feel when they or their loved ones spend 4hrs+ in traffic? Looks like biting the finger that fed you.

Today I had one of my worst (Lagos) traffic experiences. The second I saw the traffic building up,I knew it was #EndSARS. 30 mins became an hour, then 1hr, like play, like play, we were pushing 4hrs. When we got to the point they mounted their roadblock, my anger disappeared and I couldn’t help smiling. They were less than 20, but their formation was that of a thousand. There was even an army vehicle by us, struggling for lane too and they made no attempt to chase them away, I was very impressed with that and the bravery of the protesters- considering they were heavily outnumbered. As we proceeded, we saw the main crowd, obviously, they sent those other ones to go open another branch and cause more traffic, lol.

I saw old men and women, kids, pregnant women, in fact, innocent Nigerians were trekking. Cursing under their breaths...

At about 6pm, we started moving, obviously controlled. Getting to the front again, I saw them controlling the traffic- VERY ORGANIZED SET. Forget what you read online, they are VERY ORGANIZED. What I don’t understand is, why did they have to wait over four (4) hours to do what they did seamlessly in less than an hour? Do they just derive pleasure inconveniencing everyone?

People have businesses, families and other engagements. Some would have weddings too. When you obstruct them from doing this, they may turn against you. The government wouldn’t need paid hoodlums again, it will be angry/inconvenienced Nigerians doing the reprisal attack. Please, this shouldn’t be allowed. Fellow Nigerians are not the enemy, the government is our common enemy.

If there is any road that should be blocked, it is the one leading to secretariats, government house or whatever it is called. I heard they blocked that of Lagos today. That was a good move.

Please, this is an appeal. If you are a coordinator of #EndSars protest, kindly look into this. We appreciate you all and look forward to your prompt response.

RIP to the souls lost while protesting.
RIP to those killed by SARS.

May God give their families the strength to bear the loss

Thanks

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by manuel4real(m): 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2020
grin
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Epstein(m): 10:10pm On Oct 16, 2020
Rejected......

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by husbandsnatcha(f): 10:12pm On Oct 16, 2020
Pocohantas get lost

14 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Tyche(m): 10:12pm On Oct 16, 2020
No be pregnant women, old men and women,innocent people dey work for that secretariat that you were happy they bloocked the road abi?

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2020
husbandsnatcha:
Pocohantas get lost

I will Ma. Just look into my request...

Warm Regards

Tyche:
No be pregnant women, old men and women,innocent people dey work for that secretariat that you were happy they bloocked the road abi?

Heard they allowed foot movement, but vehicular movements were restricted. I guess they wanted to trap the governor and his kind. All the same, I assume the people there are part of the problem. They are part of the government ba?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by GOATandYAMtheory: 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2020
No mind them, op. na curse dem go curse you. They are not objective at all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by internationalman(m): 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2020
One person can protest in a civilized country and the government would hear his/her cry.

But here, even if Buhari household joins in the protest he still won't hear...

That's why we resort to road blockage to sound a resounding and reverberating and resonating message to them...

I witness a hoodlum being beaten to death today at RingRoad, Benin City today and it was a nice and refreshing experience

13 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2020
internationalman:
One person can protest in a civilized country and the government would hear his/her cry.

But here, even if Buhari household joins in the protest he still won't hear...

That's why we resort to road blockage to sound a resounding and reverberating and resonating message to them...

I witness a hoodlum being beaten to death today at RingRoad, Benin City today and it was a nice and refreshing experience

You are right, but I am not Buhari, his family member or his sidechick. So they are hurting us to get at Buhari. We are all in this together. There has to be a way to do this without inconveniencing fellow Nigerians.

Buhari is not even in Lagos.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Tyche(m): 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Heard they allowed foot movement, but vehicular movements were restricted. I guess they wanted to trap the governor and his kind. All the same, I assume the people there are part of the problem. They are part of the government ba?

We are all victims, one way or the other, except some choosen few. And you won't see them at the secretariats or other places where the protests are being held

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by flyingpig: 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2020
Pressure groups are supposed to grab government at where it hurts them the most, to the point government will have no need but to negotiate with protesters.

Tell labour to never ask bankers to stay home, tankers, because it grounds economic activity and you can't buy fuel.

Tell traders union council to not tell marketers to shut down all markets nationwide because there will be no other markets to buy items from.

Senseless topic. Some protests around the world have even led to death of their president & you're here cautioning about expressway. I didn't bother to read your uneducative post. Anything to bend the government is welcomed cus they're accountable to us.

4 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2020
Tyche:

We are all victims, one way or the other, except some choosen few. And you won't see them at the secretariats or other places where the protests are being held

Where are they?

GOATandYAMtheory:

Lol. They have started already. grin grin
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Moferere: 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

If SARS had killed any of your relatives, would you say people should leave the road.

Ẹ jẹ k'órí yín pé o

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Maxymilliano(m): 10:38pm On Oct 16, 2020
undecided

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Tyche(m): 10:40pm On Oct 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Where are they?

Goodnight and sweet dreams my sister.
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2020
Moferere:

If SARS had killed any of your relatives, would you say people should leave the road.

Ẹ jẹ k'órí yín pé o

No one said they should LEAVE the road! They shouldn’t hold fellow Nigerians ransom! Are we SARS or Buhari? How difficult is it to get this simple point?
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by internationalman(m): 10:47pm On Oct 16, 2020
pocohantas:

You are right, but I am not Buhari, his family member or his sidechick. So they are hurting us to get at Buhari. We are all in this together. There has to be a way to do this without inconveniencing fellow Nigerians.

Buhari is not even in Lagos.

Those are some of the prices we pay for freedom.

7 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Sterope(f): 10:52pm On Oct 16, 2020
They are making people's lives harder and somewhat strange they think we are holding brief for the government.

pocohantas:

No one said they should LEAVE the road! They shouldn’t hold fellow Nigerians ransom! Are we SARS or Buhari? How difficult is it to get this simple point?
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by joyandfaith: 10:52pm On Oct 16, 2020
pocohantas:
If you stay in Lagos, you will know the traffic situation has been terrible lately, courtesy the protest.

Thanks

these protests are important than covid lockdown. stay at home to protest.

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by weyreypey: 10:52pm On Oct 16, 2020
pocohantas:

So upon all your shakara na overcrowded slum dweller you be

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2020
You haven't seen anything by next week you go hear am. Go and watch the videos from.the vigil. People are angry, very angry. People are also tired.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Enceladus(m): 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2020
Took me 9hrs from the island to my house last week. Spent about 5 hours alone on the 3rd m bridge. Its frustrating yes, but all is fair in love and war.

6 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 10:58pm On Oct 16, 2020
joyandfaith:

When/If I get sacked, what happens? I will open alternates to start soliciting help from Nlders?

I think someone of you live on Utopia...

Think am naw!!!

Sterope:
They are making people's lives harder and somewhat strange they think we are holding brief for the government.

Schools have resumed and kids were seriously trekking under hot sun. I am sure I saw kids in uniform today. They should just allow one lane for people to pass, that doesn’t make us unpatriotic or less concerned to the protest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by moshoodn(m): 11:05pm On Oct 16, 2020
Same thing I told my wife tonight who was bitter about the long stretch of traffic at Oworo...

Freedom comes at a price!

internationalman:

Those are some of the prices we pay for freedom.

4 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Sterope(f): 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2020
How did you think some people faired during the lockdown
joyandfaith:

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Sterope(f): 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2020
They say that would be your sacrifice for this protest.

pocohantas:

When/If I get sacked, what happens? I will open alternates to start soliciting help from Nlders?

Think am naw!!!

Schools have resumed and kids were seriously trekking under hot sun. I am sure I saw kids in uniform today. They should just allow one lane for people to pass, that doesn’t make us unpatriotic or less concerned to the protest.
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by doggedfighter(f): 11:17pm On Oct 16, 2020
Pocohantas , are you trying to tell us that you got work to do and the protesters are idle?

Don't make a jest of their sacrifice !

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 11:20pm On Oct 16, 2020
doggedfighter:
Pocohantas , are you trying to tell us that you got work to do and the protesters are idle?

Don't make a jest of their sacrifice
!

I wonder how your arrived at this. Please do not twist my post to satisfy your selfish agenda. The post is still there, read it objectively.

Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by FarahAideed: 11:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
Please what's the purpose of stoking Traffic? Is it for it to pepper Buhari Govt?
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:26pm On Oct 16, 2020
Go and sit down please

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What The Hell Are Alimajiri Fulani Terrorist Doing In Lekki Victoria Island Co / Zainab Ahmed: COVID-19 May Force 11m Nigerians Into Poverty By 2022 / SSS Probes Buhari's Campaign Speeches Over Poll Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.