Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,744 members, 7,844,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

#EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic (5668 Views)

Lagos Police Warn Protesters To Stop Advancing Gani Fawehinmi Park (Video, Photo / Falz, Aisha Yesufu Tells Protesters To Obey Curfew / Aisha Yesufu Asks Abuja EndSARS Protesters To Retreat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2020
Magnoliaa:

'Fair enough...'. We've always been law-abiding. :p

The protests made them know we mean business this time. And really, there are numerous milestones, etc., achieved with these protests. I don't expect you'll be interested in any little participation/knowledge of it.

The invitation is open to you, too: anytime...

Good day.

Just like many well-meaning Nigerians, I was all for it till the later stage. I also appreciate the fact it made our leaders realize we are not so docile. However, I won’t tolerate disorderliness and a conscious infringement on the rights of other law abiding citizens (in Buhari’s voice).

Have a nice day too, Mango. grin
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Kokoboss: 7:25am On Oct 25, 2020
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by CutieKing: 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2020
Just stumbled on this...
This by far is the most sensible thread about the so called protests i have seen.
How can you be protesting against something and still breaking laws in the process.
Yes,you have a constitutional right to protest while others have their own constitutional right to freedom and free movement.when you trampled upon the right of others,you have at that point turned the laws on its head .
I was in the country briefly for business engagements but was stucked for weeks and still left dissapointed,wasted time and money.my vehicle was even attacked at some point by same "peaceful" protesters.
Sanity has to prevail in that country.the citizens are as worst as the government they are condemning.
Its a shame of a nation.
Thanks op for this unbiased say it as it is post.
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by pocohantas(f): 5:49pm On Nov 09, 2020
CutieKing:
Just stumbled on this...
This by far is the most sensible thread about the so called protests i have seen.
How can you be protesting against something and still breaking laws in the process.
Yes,you have a constitutional right to protest while others have their own constitutional right to freedom and free movement.when you trampled upon the right of others,you have at that point turned the laws on its head .
I was in the country briefly for business engagements but was stucked for weeks and still left dissapointed,wasted time and money.my vehicle was even attacked at some point by same "peaceful" protesters.
Sanity has to prevail in that country.the citizens are as worst as the government they are condemning.
Its a shame of a nation.
Thanks op for this unbiased say it as it is post.

Sorry about your experience, hope you have it sorted out now? Anyway, all that is water under the bridge. Lol
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by CutieKing: 1:04am On Nov 10, 2020
pocohantas:

Sorry about your experience, hope you have it sorted out now? Anyway, all that is water under the bridge. Lol

Well still counting my losses though but i will be fine.
Am a nigerian and a busniess owner,i visit often but business prospects with heavy investment that were halted for months because of covid lockdown and now that unnecessary protest. It was hard but life goes on.
Thanks.
Re: #EndSARS: An Appeal To Protesters To Stop Obstructing Traffic by Kaycee7(m): 8:06am On Nov 10, 2020
CutieKing:

Well still counting my losses though but i will be fine.
Am a nigerian and a busniess owner,i visit often but business prospects with heavy investment that were halted for months because of covid lockdown and now that unnecessary protest. It was hard but life goes on.
Thanks.
Man really said unnecessary. E be things

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayemi Inaugurates Judicial Panel On Police Brutality / Governor Ugwuanyi Presents ₦169.85 Billion 2021 Budget Estimates For 2021 / Ijelespeaks Finally Gets Married To A Fulani Woman - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.