Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations (36227 Views)

Feminist Coalition Publishes Audited Accounts Of #EndSARS Donations / Feminist Coalition Reacts To Allegation Of Misappropriation Of EndSARS Donations / Feminist Coalition Accused Of Withdrawing $51,000 From #EndSARS Donations Wallet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by lalasticlala(m): 8:48am On Oct 23, 2020
A statement from The Feminist Coalition. October 22nd, 2020.

The Feminist Coalition condemns every form of violence and believes that no Nigerian life is worth losing to senseless violence.

We are young Nigerians with hopes, dreams and aspirations for our country. This means we need to stay alive to pursue our dreams to build the future.

The past two weeks have been tough for many Nigerians, most especially the last two days. Many lives have been lost and properties destroyed at the height of what started as
peaceful marches for the end to police brutality.

The Feminist Coalition condoles with every Nigerian mother, father, son, daughter who has lost a loved one in these trying times. These
Nigerians share the same vision for a better country as we all do and should be duly recognized as heroes.

We are merchants of hope. Our priority is always the welfare and safety of the Nigerian youth.

Following the President's address, we hereby encourage all young Nigerians to stay safe, stay home, and observe the mandated curfew in your state.

The Feminist Coalition has made a decision to henceforth stop all donation inflows for the #EndSARS peaceful protest. The rest of the donations will go towards funding medical emergencies, legal aid for wrongfully detained citizens, and relief for victims of police brutality and families of the deceased.

Here is a summary of the total funds we received and disbursed (in Naira) over the past 14 days:

Total received = N147,855,788.28 (includes donations in USD, CAD, GBP, EUR, GHS, KES, and BTC)

Total disbursed = N60,403,235.00

Total left = N87,452,553.28

The remaining funds will be channeled through the following initiatives/organizations:

1. #EndSARSresponse (Medical) - N20,114,087.25
2. The Legal Aid Network - N15,741,459.59
3. Relief for victims of police brutality and families of the deceased - N40,228,174.51
4. Memorial for the Fallen - N5,247,153.197
5. #EndSARSMentalHealthSupport - N6,121,678.73

We wish to emphasize that we will no longer be accepting donations for #EndSARS going forward. The Feminist Coalition remains committed to its core mandate, which is, championing the advancement of the Nigerian woman. We hope everyone will extend the same support we have received in the past two weeks towards pursuing this mandate.

Thank you for the support.
Damilola Odufuwa
Odunayo Eweniyi
Layo Ogunbanwo
Ozzy Etomi
Ire Aderinokun
Fakhrriyyah Hashim
Oluwaseun Ayodeji Osowobi
Jola Ayeye
Laila Johnson-Salami
Karo Omu
Obiageli Ofili Alintah
Tito Ovia
Kiki Mordi
FK Abudu

October 22nd, 2020
feministcoalition2020.com

https://twitter.com/feminist_co/status/1319412891448233984?s=19

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by shortgun(m): 8:53am On Oct 23, 2020
Good one

25 Likes

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by tillaman(m): 8:54am On Oct 23, 2020
sad
Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by Freelane33(m): 8:56am On Oct 23, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by ojun50(m): 8:56am On Oct 23, 2020
Good one

15 Likes

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by DenreleDave(m): 8:56am On Oct 23, 2020
undecided
Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by Ikea81: 8:57am On Oct 23, 2020
Una try.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by daddytime(m): 8:57am On Oct 23, 2020
I dey wait for SEGA response to them.

Great accountability.

Abeg make dem keep balance money for the next action to #EndCorruption #EndNepotism #EndNassJumboPay #EndBadGovernance because #EndSars protest na just catalyst to ending every of the above.

Na the main issues wey dey disturb Nigerians be this.

155 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by izzou(m): 8:58am On Oct 23, 2020
Groups like these should be working with other ones to produce a third force in 2023

Make all these PDP and APC old men go rest abeg...

264 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by pretydiva(f): 9:02am On Oct 23, 2020
Saddens me that the lives of some youths were wasted and the culprits hasn't being brought to book. We need justice for them

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by lexxxino(m): 9:04am On Oct 23, 2020
Yea..... Wahala dey ooooo......
Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by Homeboiy: 9:13am On Oct 23, 2020
The ones accepted should be shared
Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 23, 2020
grin they should be investigated. Credible sources, who prefer to be anonymous, have informed me that they are working for divisive elements to frustrate the government of President Buhari.

And by the way, what is Feminism in Nigeria? I hope it's not the type in the West, because it's an aberration from our culture, tradition and religion. The government should immediately commence the proscription of this nonsense group, like it proscribed LGBTQ+.

And any man who quotes me to defend the feminists should kiss his political ambitions goodbye(if he has any) ..

May God bless Nigeria.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by mamaafrik(m): 9:31am On Oct 23, 2020
we need a sane 3rd youth powered force aside PDP and APC

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by ecolime(m): 9:33am On Oct 23, 2020
These ones don make am

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by Sheuns(m): 9:35am On Oct 23, 2020
Una Dey part of the problems tpo

1 Like

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by Donspicey: 9:43am On Oct 23, 2020
Na dia matter be dat.......
Every mallam with him kettle......

Nigeria must be Great Again.......

#EndBadGovt...................

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by Donspicey: 9:50am On Oct 23, 2020
SilverNorGold:
grin they should be investigated. Credible sources, who prefer to be anonymous, have informed me that they are working for divisive elements to frustrate the government of President Buhari.

And by the way, what is Feminism in Nigeria? I hope it's not the type in the West, because it's an aberration from our culture, tradition and religion. The government should immediately commence the proscription of this nonsense group, like it proscribed LGBTQ+.

And any man who quotes me to defend the feminists should kiss his political ambitions goodbye(if he has any) ..

May God bless Nigeria.

Active Zone B.E_rat spotted.........well done oooo

u re really doing well..........

In other news:Falz was beign interviewed by CCN....pls can ur darling buhari grant such live interview

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by iamyemiakins(m): 10:18am On Oct 23, 2020
Good initiative, but it's time to step down the protest for a peaceful atmosphere

7 Likes

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by Omihanifa: 10:27am On Oct 23, 2020
Leadership and accountability

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by mamotalk: 10:38am On Oct 23, 2020
you guys deserve accolade for your good intentions and motive only that some undesirable element wanted to use your struggles to achieve their morbid desire at the detriment of others.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by blamingthedevil: 10:39am On Oct 23, 2020
Are they registered NGO ?
Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by baralatie(m): 10:41am On Oct 23, 2020
Dem collect

#150 million

haaaaaaaa!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by Pecuman: 10:43am On Oct 23, 2020
SilverNorGold:

May God bless Nigeria.

It's has come to my knowledge that the army and DSS and the BSO are trying hard to find a Scape goat to blame.
Thet are frantically looking for people to tagg they wanna turn the truth on its head.

These organizations have media rooms whose sole aim is to pollute the social media with satanic agenda and in the process sow discord and mistrust and division and state sponsored chaos.

In this case they have always used the igbos as their punch bag.

Immediately after the lekki tollgate shooting ,the state(federal) ordered their media dogs to commence social engineering tactics targeting the igbos .
I followed the trend on all platforms .I am a social engineer too.
I saw the way a single individual with 200 accounts on various social media platform ,bearing hausa fulani names and working for the state(federal) started posting unsubstantiated accusations ,blaming the igbos for the attack on the palace of the oba of Lagos.
Then that same individual, switched to a Yoruba name ,and started supporting the hausa fulani accounts who made the spurious accusations .

I watched as the fake news gained currency . Then others cane in too , same set trolls, e-rats and BOTs, but this time I greater numbers .
They invaded Naira land, tweeter, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp groups ,telegram and the comment sections of YouTube videos.

They kept pushing fake news . This social engineering agenda is sponsored by the state (federal) And that makes this greatly silly and worrisome .

Again they threw up another fake news ,that nnamdi kanu ordered Yoruba properties be destroyed .BUT THE MAN CAME OUT SWIFTLY TO DEBUNK THEIR FLIMSY ACCUSATIONS. In social engineering, you have to immediately debunk fake news peddled against you else it gains momentum and looks like the truth to the gullible readers .

And then the troll and e-rats and BOTs who are individuals with multiple accounts across several socia media platforms , started to cook up another narrative.
They skillfully pointed out some Igbo dominated markets in Lagos and asked why they weren't destroyed !! I am a social engineer too.but when I saw this one, I was shocked at the lenght the state (federal) to stereotype a whole tribe just to cause division and sow discord.

They have forgotten that most of the shops they were burgled in surulere were Igbo owned . They have also forgotten that most of the well stocked shops inside ShopRite are also Igbo owned .

Just to let you know that as it this morning , over 4 ShopRite malls have been looted dry and also one spar mall have also been looted dry.

These troll , e-rats and BOTs working with multiple accounts and bearing hausa fulani names and don't forget they also switch to Yoruba names when the wanna sow discord in the south . But the maintain the northern names when they wanna praise buhari and the Nigerian military.
These trolls are the real enemy of Nigeria .

PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI ALSO PLAYED THE ETHNIC CARD IN HIS SPEECH. DID ANY OF YOU NOTICE IT?

HE WAS AFTER APPEASING THE DISGRACED OBA OF LAGOS , BUT HE FORGOT THE FRESHLY MURDERED 22 INNOCENT SOULS IN ZAMFARA, A MURDER THAT HAPPENED BARELY 10HRS BEFORE HIS RECORDED BROADCAST.
HE FORGOT TO MENTION THE #LEKKIMASSACRE.

WELL I just wanna advice you guys to thoroughly sieve through what you read online ,else you will have your sanity stolen by these government sponsored fake news purveyors.

#endsars
D.E.N

94 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by nurez305(m): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2020
Good news

2 Likes

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by DontBullshitMe: 10:52am On Oct 23, 2020
People foresaw this. They requested that the protests be stopped and the blocking of highways be suspended but rather we were all insulted and cursed.

Now, they stopped because of the loss of lives and properties that could have been avoided if this step had been taken earlier.

Anyway, better late than never.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by urchcoded(m): 11:02am On Oct 23, 2020
SilverNorGold:

May God bless Nigeria.
you are an asshole. Humanity first before any Nonsense political ambition. Everyone deserves a right to life so long as the person is causing no harm to another. You can't make laws targeted at a group of people simply because they offend your emotions or what. Go live in the cave if you are against civilization and humanity.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by TATALoAlaMu: 11:03am On Oct 23, 2020
Wey the balance. Make e follow go victims side o
Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 23, 2020
urchcoded:
you are an asshole. Humanity first before any Nonsense political ambition. Everyone deserves a right to life so long as the person is causing no harm to another. You can't make laws targeted at a group of people simply because they offend your emotions or what. Go live in the cave if you are against civilization and humanity.

My brother, you are talking something else.

God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations by sotall(m): 11:48am On Oct 23, 2020
kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

And Finally, There Is Light! / Photos From Shiites Protest For Killing Of Members In Bauchi, Yobe, Kaduna / How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.