Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,227 members, 7,849,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:11 AM

EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC (66318 Views)

Nigeria Sars Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC / Edo 2020: Photo Circulating Online Shows Oshiomhole Voted For PDP (see PHOTOS) / Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2020
[s]
CilicMarin:
More 48hours After The So Called LekkiMassacre..

We are yet to see anybody , relation , father or mother come forward to claim his/her was killed at the Lekki Toll...

We were really played...

But, My Prayer is that God Would Punish Every hand that knowingly tweeted and retweeted Falsehood and Fake news that led to the destruction of Yoruba land...

[/s]https://www.nairaland.com/6198721/sanwo-olu-confirms-two-deaths-lekki
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by SpartanKing: 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
Commentor:

May the souls of your loved ones you lost at the Lekki toll gate rest in peace.
May thunder close down your lineage!

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by tartar9(m): 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
CilicMarin:

We are yet to see anybody , relation , father or mother come forward to claim his/her was killed at the Lekki Toll...

We were really played...

But, My Prayer is that God Would Punish Every hand that knowingly tweeted and retweeted Falsehood and Fake news that led to the destruction of Yoruba land...

Igbos- they are the ones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Jossyroyal1: 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
CilicMarin:

We were really played...

Mumu go to General hospital Lagos and see their corpses...

I know what I am talking about

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by edoairways: 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
Eastlink:
Well, BBC is actually right. Not all the pics was legit. At least I know this particular guy personally and was shocked to see his pix here.

However, the Lekki shooting happened and people were killed.
Yeah but why are some persons in a hurry to disprove claims while others accept claims?

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Commentor: 7:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
IMAMofWAR:
what of iju?

Soldiers killed protesters in Iju?
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Commentor: 7:12pm On Oct 23, 2020
SpartanKing:
May the souls of your brothers and sisters you'll lose on Monday morning rest in peace!

So you didn't lose anyone?

grin

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by nsiba: 7:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
Igbos!
That is why they will never succeed in anything

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by SpartanKing: 7:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
Commentor:

So you didn't lose anyone?
grin
May thunder pin your father to the ground!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by OhiOfIhima: 7:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
CilicMarin:

We were really played...

False information can't left out but some of those guys killed might possibly has none of their parents here..

The military opened fire, simple.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by SpartanKing: 7:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
Commentor:

Soldiers killed protesters in Iju?
Your father's death is imminent!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Eastlink(m): 7:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
edoairways:

Yeah but why are some persons in a hurry to disprove claims while others accept claims?
That’s what I don't really know.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
TinubuGoQuench:

SEE THE WAY DIS ONE JUST DEY FOAM FOR MOUTH
lol grin, dis boy don forget how to hurl insults and use foul language on Nairaland members fast fast. U don learn lesson abi? Before u would have been abusing members parents here, because they don't support d thieves you support, Na Nairaland members go teach una manners las las. Gud boy cheesy. The boy with the thousand monikers, canceling members post don succumb las las

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
What do they hope to achieve by bribing media houses.

Luckly theirs no TVC to help spread it. They went as far as to BBC to get a wider audience. The same way they said no one was killed at Lekki only to debunk it later because their was a video evidence.

“Anybody who cannot rise above tribal and religious sentiments in a multi-ethnic country like Nigeria cannot be a good citizen and good leader.
This is the greatest handicap most Nigerians have, and this is Gen. Muhammadu Buhari’s greatest setback as a leader that is making it most difficult for him to lead Nigeria as a whole”.

The Northern elites turned the south against themselves so as to continue using South West to remain in power.

See how close we were to the Revolution or at least Restructuring...

All hopes have now been dashed. We're back to square one.

They continue using our resources to better themselves, we continue suffering.

The blood of the Innocent Heroes shed in Lekki are now in vain. They died for nothing.
Soon they will rebuild the Toll gate and start collecting toll again

I spit on Southerners.. cry cry cry

What manner of foolishness is this. One of the most reputable media outlet in the world carried out investigative journalism on your behalf, which you were either too lazy to do or just didn't care.

That doesn't really matter to you. You sha want to ride and die with the fake news. Many of you don't care about the truth. You're just comfortable with what comforts you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

What manner of foolishness is this. One of the most reputable media outlet in the world carried out investigative journalism on your behalf, which you were either too lazy to do or just didn't care.

That doesn't really matter to you. You sha want to die with the fake news. Many of you don't care about the truth. You're just comfortable with what comforts you.
That is the lifestyle they chose to live.
Fake news that will cause unrest and killings is what makes them happy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by FanRong: 7:20pm On Oct 23, 2020
It's well
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Timmi: 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
It’s all propaganda, though every life matters, but only two confirmed dead.
It is unfortunate that those with ulterior motives push those with genuine concern to start unnecessary blockage of roads and they called that peaceful. When you disrupting other citizens from earning their livelihood simply because they didn’t support your cause, then you are inciting those other citizens to be confrontational or inviting authorities to clear the block roads so that people can go about their daily living.

Yes, you have right and freedom of association and protest but your freedom stops when you are infringing on the rights of other citizens (that do not share same sentiment) to their own livelihood.

You have people inciting others from the comfort of their houses in far away places, others that have an axe to grind with the government, and other criminal elements that were pushing for it to degenerate to the point where looting and stealing are the other of the day.
Yes, you might say the endsars movement wants peaceful demonstrations but you can’t control people’s intention.
We thank God that those seeking for genocide did not achieve their aim and should be in shame and hide their faces.

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by ibedun: 7:24pm On Oct 23, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
The Social media bill is long overdue.

The violent reaction to the Lekki assault which led to the destruction of lives and properties in Lagos escalated through series of unverified reports shared on Twitter.

Courtesy of Falz, one Debo Macaroni, Yemi Alade etc.

So Yemi Alade was involved?

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Kuginzi: 7:27pm On Oct 23, 2020
athaboi:
They have started paying media houses to redeem their image... shameless people! We know all this Lai Mohammed
Shame on you FAKE NEWS CAREER.
Who among your friends or family member was attacked at the scene?

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by WaleRock: 7:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
WATCH OUT FOR MORE MISINFORMATION COMING FROM THIS PLATFORM, BBC, & OTHER ENTITIES.

PLEASE, IGNORE THEM AND STAY WOKE, ABREAST, AND UNITED IN LOVE AND RESOLVE!
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by ibedun: 7:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
Jossyroyal1:

Mumu go to General hospital Lagos and see their corpses...

I know what I am talking about

Please go and tell Sanwo Olu or take the pictures!

The world needs to know the truth, there is no death without dead bodies!

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by femijay8271(m): 7:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
Afamed:

Over 46hours now, your close friends or the dead family of the protesters have not come out to lay claim.
You must henceforth stay far away from you close friend. He's your close enemy, stay far from him, before una 2 kill una sef with lies

Did I need to argue with you? No! But I'll say this and I'll want u to keep this date... There's won't be APC after 2023 and God Almighty that has judgement will surely judge with u this ur Comment only except if no blood was shed on that day through ur satanic Army
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by just2endowed: 7:29pm On Oct 23, 2020
CilicMarin:

We were really played...

Are you saying protesters were not shot at?
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Moganajoe: 7:30pm On Oct 23, 2020
CilicMarin:

We were really played...

If you believe those government lies trying to redeem itself, u can also believe that the protests never happened at Lekki toll gate afteral.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Laboni: 7:32pm On Oct 23, 2020
The thing is that whenever soldiers carry out extrajudicial killings like this, they always carry the bodies away to maintain absolute deniability. Some people are asking where is the bodies of those killed as if we don't know how soldiers operate once they carry out a massacre like this.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Rebuke: 7:32pm On Oct 23, 2020
All this damage control and save face attempt won't work, rather, it will further complicate issues as it's obvious you people are not ready to repent from your attrocities.

Yes, I will agree there were some misinformation spread around but that doesn't negate the fact that people have been killed in the most unthinkable way by our uniform men.

Why the lies? You only pointed out the misinformation but didn't bother to also talk about the other ones that were real.

Keep defending yhurselves.

I read a post by one fool saying Lekki shooting wasn't true. Smh

Shame on all of you wicked ones trying to cover up for evil. There's just no way it can be well with yhu.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by athaboi(f): 7:34pm On Oct 23, 2020
SmartPolician:

I am pro EndSARS.

However, don't get the BBC involved in this payment NONSENSE.

The BBC had been in existence before many of us were born, broadcasting in many different languages around the world.

I started listening to the BBC World Service in shortwave radio in 1999 - thanks to my father

How much do you think you can bribe them with?

Again, the BBC is a credible media house headquartered at Bush House, London
in all the people that mentioned me I'm replying only you bcoz you have fish brain... perhaps you are a young boy
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Commentor: 7:36pm On Oct 23, 2020
SpartanKing:
May thunder pin your father to the ground!

MsAllison.

Try another trick.

grin

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Afamed: 7:37pm On Oct 23, 2020
OhiOfIhima:

False information can't left out but some of those guys killed might possibly has none of their parents here..

The military opened fire, simple.

And none of their families has phone connected to internet to have announced their death over 47hours now?
Do you people think before you comment atall?
What's actually wrong with youth of these days?

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by dasparrow: 7:38pm On Oct 23, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
BBC will always protect the interest of their company called Nigeria
They prefer northerners handling Nigeria affair because of their illiteracy and ability to bend to their will
While azikiwe was offer a ceremonial post
Northerners Having taught on how to use divide and rule tactics on southerners to keep them from retaliating or agitating
During biafra war they called all their business partners who took part in killing of Biafrans
So as to maintain their company
Thereby using the minority as the willing tools

Well said! You understand exactly what is going on.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Commentor: 7:39pm On Oct 23, 2020
Laboni:
The thing is that whenever soldiers carry out extrajudicial killings like this, they always carry the bodies away to maintain absolute deniability. Some people are asking where is the bodies of those killed as if we don't know how soldiers operate once they carry out a massacre like this.

Of a sudden, they were conveyed away.

Ok, who counted 78 dead ?

What are their names?

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Okoroawusa: 7:39pm On Oct 23, 2020
femijay8271:

Am ashamed of what that guy wrote. My close friend was there that night and told me that people were killed
Where are the people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Peter Obi: We Won The 2023 Presidential Election / Zack Orji's Wife, Ngozi, Is 'Obidient' (Photo) / Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.