Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? (2641 Views)

TEST: Marry Her If She Can Eat This With You / Thank God I'm Immune To HIV / Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by Ceekay(m): 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2006
The girl u love, and have been dating 4 a long while now, Tests positive 2 the much dreaded HIV. Would u go on wid d marriage, or SCRAM, like most men have done?? Did i hear u say something?
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by dejiolowe: 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2006
i go take style scram *tip toe away quietly*
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by thupsie(m): 12:58pm On Feb 03, 2006
Guy i would'nt want to do involve myself in that kind of suituation i mean it si serious!! undecided
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by smartsoft(m): 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2006
why i go dey wait now ?
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by mckaycee(m): 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2006
For me, the issue should not be about scramming, it is knowing and being sure i am not infected. Then I will know what to do.
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by rikkyjen(m): 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2006
Hiv....Omo,i go turn justin gatlin!!!
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by Whitelady1(f): 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2006
First, i'll find out if i am infected too. If i am, then i'll go ahead with the marriage 'plans'. But if i am not, i 'll scram with style!

1 Like

Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by hotangel2(f): 10:40pm On Feb 03, 2006
Since im planning to not have premarital sex. I will be sure that i dont have it too. And then, wetin i go dey wait for again?? Nna, im sorry.. but it cannot work.
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by mochafella(m): 10:46pm On Feb 03, 2006
So long, Farewell, Auf wiedersehen, Goodbye.

Nah so I go tell the gal, comot. HIV nah love killer.
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by Greatpeter(m): 9:36am On Feb 04, 2006
I might not marry her but then I will still love her and assist her.
We will still be friends and no stigma will be attached.
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by dude(m): 10:42am On Feb 04, 2006
for her to be HIV positive and am not could mean the girl had played an away match. how she got infected will come into the issue. if no reasonable convincing explanation is offered, then ..so long! but if i can be convinced(be it a well packaged lie) that she wasnt sleeping around, i will hang on and support her till death comes calling. but Marriage?? OTI O! that is the end of that.
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by sweetpea(f): 11:37am On Feb 04, 2006
This is serious what kind of question is this?I'm sure the person that asked this question already know the answer. This is life we are talking about here,what if the one u loves dies,can't u stay?so if the one u love has HIV then show empathy,but be careful u too don't contact it.
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by Seun(m): 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2006
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by aljohnson: 3:31am On Feb 07, 2006
Since HIV is not AIDS and you can have your baby without the baby having the virus, i think if you truly love the person you can go on with the marriage
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by cillalove(f): 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2006
u are very right aljohnson, HIV is different from AID'S and love can conquers them all.
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by alphonso(m): 11:59am On Mar 21, 2006
i would marry her if i ws the one who gave it to her in the first place. otherwise, peace out to that relationship.
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by Zahymaka(m): 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2006
It's matter of opinion. I think I'd still love her -- I'm being realistic -- but obviously, I'd like to find out how she contracted it. I won't say I won't be disappointed if I discover it came about thru sex [if it's rape I'll be full of pity], but I'll hang on and assist. I hate seeing people with HIV/AIDS stigmatised. I'm sure if AIDS had a cure people wouldn't have a problem with that -- I know at least one person's soulmate here has had an std like Gonnorhea and it was easy to forgive.

Compatibility-wise, I would be lying if I say I'd still get married to her -- she'll definitely understand.
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by Lolyda(f): 1:19pm On Mar 21, 2006
I can marry her,AIDS is only a virus whose effect can be nullified&it dies!it's only a matter of nullifying d effect during SEX
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by Lolyda(f): 1:19pm On Mar 21, 2006
I can marry her,AIDS is only a virus whose effect can be nullified&it dies!it's only a matter of nullifying d effect during SEX
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by Douzy(m): 11:30am On Aug 29, 2006
Lolyda:

What do you mean by nullifying the effect of the virus during SEX? Never heard of that before.
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by Hugoboi(m): 11:32am On Aug 29, 2006

What do u mean by this please!!!!
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by lauryn(f): 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2006
Lolyda:

oshi, da heck u trynna say? undecided
AIDS is not a Virus, it's a friggin DISEASE. HIV is a VIRUS, and U think it's very easy to get treatment for it eh? THINK AGAIN BUDDY!
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by Cleofel(f): 11:40pm On Aug 29, 2006
HIV can de cured so i think if u really love her go ahead and marry her
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by momoney1(m): 11:51pm On Aug 29, 2006
first is to know weather you are also infected, and secondly, what is the need getting married when we are both infected of it(HIV)? is it to start producing HIV infected babies?

still, if i go for a test and i'm negative, na thanks giving for church naaah, and after then i go cable without looking back. afterall she go don go get am somwhere wey i no no

more seriously, i will terminate that love making relationship and start a new caring one.
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by Douzy(m): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2006
Cleofel:

HIV can de cured so i think if u really love her go ahead and marry her

Yea, I believe HIV can be cured, but for now, no cure yet. However, if she's someone I really love, I would go ahead and marry her.

mo money:

first is to know weather you are also infected, and secondly, what is the need getting married when we are both infected of it(HIV)? is it to start producing HIV infected babies?

still, if i go for a test and i'm negative, na thanks giving for church naaah, and after then i go cable without looking back. afterall she go don go get am somwhere wey i no no

more seriously, i will terminate that love making relationship and start a new caring one.

Well, Mo, there's the option to adopt instead of producing HIV infected babies. More so, if she's the only one infected, then we could still have the chance to produce HIV negative babies using the modern mother-to-child transmission prevention medications and techniques.

@Cleo
I love the pic on your profile. Wish I'm the one the palmwine is to be served. grin
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by GermanLady(f): 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2006
for the ones who thinks their is a cure to hiv, you need to get some education on this topic, lord have mercy,I am rolling my eys here, shocked

if you are hiv infected there is NO CURE, you will die in several years, and hopefully you produce no babies in that time,

you ever heard of www.GOOGLE.com ? why not getting some information and education on HIV there, i see there is really need for that,
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by kayoday(m): 5:16pm On Sep 06, 2006
HIV Ke? O boy i go flee. what else do i av 2 do with her? Though i will give her the neccessary support and encouragement. As for the relationship. LAYE LAYE
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by Destiny6(f): 11:33am On Jan 31, 2007
Anotha reason pre-marital sex could cause problems!!, i wouldn't sleep with any1 b4 they get tested 4 HIV in my presence n get the results!!. In ur situation though, i wouldn't waste any tym mannn, i would end the relationship but will still be there to support them,
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by coolad(m): 9:49am On Feb 01, 2007
Hmm,i go run 40-40, my leg no go touch ground and wit immediate effect go for a check-up.
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by coolad(m): 9:51am On Feb 01, 2007
Hmm,i go run 40-40, my leg no go touch ground and wit immediate effect go for a check-up.
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by coolad(m): 9:51am On Feb 01, 2007
Re: After She Tests Positive To HIV: Would You Still Marry Her? by Coco29(f): 10:11am On Feb 01, 2007
This is the reason why, people hide their HIV status. we all go through life thinking it will never happen to us.  BUT AS LONG AS A PERSON IS HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX MARRIED OR NOT WE ARE ALL EXPOSE TO IT.

GermanLady:

for the ones who thinks their is a cure to HIV, you need to get some education on this topic, lord have mercy,I am rolling my eyes here, shocked

if you are HIV infected there is NO CURE, you will die in several years, and hopefully you produce no babies in that time,

you ever heard of www.GOOGLE.com ? why not getting some information and education on HIV there, i see there is really need for that,

i am now rolling my eyes at you, who said that an HIV positive person can not have children

With medication a person with HIV can go on to live a very long life.  More over because they pay more attention to their health

than us negatives, they can even live longer than us.

Times are changing the HIV virus is weakening, which makes it much easier to treat.

Zahymaka:

It's matter of opinion. I think I'd still love her -- I'm being realistic -- but obviously, I'd like to find out how she contracted it. I won't say I won't be disappointed if I discover it came about through sex [if it's rape I'll be full of pity], but I'll hang on and assist. I hate seeing people with HIV/AIDS stigmatised. I'm sure if AIDS had a cure people wouldn't have a problem with that -- I know at least one person's soulmate here has had an std like Gonorrhea and it was easy to forgive.

Compatibility-wise, I would be lying if I say I'd still get married to her -- she'll definitely understand.
well done.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Told Her To Marry Him, Now I Want Her Back! / House Girl Or House Boy: Which Will You Employ In Your House? / Nigerian Girls Againsts Guys Abroad, What Do U Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.