Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? (2088 Views)

'No Guy Will Buy You N2500 Coldstone & N4000 Pizza Without Asking For Reward' / MARRIED Woman Asking For Money From Her Ex... / I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by Chiwetalu1: 1:04am On Oct 30, 2020
Please go through and comment to help a brother...its a long read sha

Earlier this year I decided to start a relationship with a casual friend (a girl). She accepted my proposal although not without giving me much headache sha

So we started, having known alot about our past and in a bid to get the best out of what we have, we gave it all. Shared all our deepest secrets to each other - although I don't have any past still trailing me, my pasts (relationships) where gone and are very far from me. Same with her except for one.

He is a very trusted family friend of hers. Currently a seminarian for almost a decade and has a good chance of being a priest but still does fling with her until I came into the picture. Was a member of the mums prayer group and have been very close to the family for long.

She has been having this affair with the said guy without the knowledge of anyone around but a very close sis, I happen to be the second person to know. So this dude still has assess to her home and she to his home (although both of them don't spend much time with family again but occasionally come around).

MY FEARS

*They really really had a lot in the past, even as a seminarian, he indirectly made her end relationships, she claims to be over him but I usually see it as a conscious denial.
*When she's home and the guy is around, they get to meet- he even made advances at her sometime ago.
* My girl once told me she will want the want the guy (as a priest) to officiate our wedding.
* All about him is seriously threatening my religious life as a Catholic. Each time I see a Seminarian I will be like "hypocrite, this might be the guy who did this with my girlfriend". Imagine what this will be when he eventually becomes a priest.
**the talk plenty sha

WHAT I ASKED FOR

When she told all about him around March or April this year. I insisted on her completely cutting communication with him, but she vehemently refused then, somehow I accepted. I also wanted to know the said guy in person somehow (even if it's through Facebook since I wasn't close), but she still refused. I decided to give her time since we barely started. We've been good since then and things are going well. And I thought we've gotten over that.

Some days ago I stumbled upon a post on her Facebook wall over a sensitive topic. A guy who share a lot of similarities with this ex of her commented on it, using just a sentence to my explain my girls position on that topic. I concluded it's him. So i casually approached my girl - even with a plea not to get offended by what we will be talking about - that I have seen the guy shes been hiding from me. She said I was wrong about my assumptions, and later asked why I was bent on knowing this guy.

My people, I've spent since Monday trying to explain why i think it's important I know him, if not now but sooner considering how far we ( my girl and I) are going and cos we aren't in the same location. But she has totally refused insisting that she only did me a favour by letting me in on it and will not go further not even in future. She even threatened that we should walk away from the relationship if I insisted on knowing the guy.

So i kept asking myself...am I really asking for too much or is it right I know this person??
Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by 2dice01: 1:26am On Oct 30, 2020
Una never marry wahala don full ground like Palliatives

Bros she already told you her mind
if you can't forget about her Fúckmate then move on

7 Likes

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by missstella(f): 1:30am On Oct 30, 2020
All this drama and u guys are not yet married?

1 Like

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by stfadaanthony(m): 1:35am On Oct 30, 2020
My brother,you are in for what night consume you. Why do some ladies don't have a mind if their own? Let assume the seminarian becomes a priest,will he be proud to show the lady off?
Your gf is the problem here,still having that guy around will do her no good. Be the man,it either she picks you or the seminarian in question.

I will advice you even cut it off with that lady,by the time the seminarian realises his weakness, your gf has a tendency of cheating on you with another.

5 Likes

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by stanliwise(m): 1:38am On Oct 30, 2020
Chiwetalu1:

Earlier this year I decided to start a relationship with a casual friend (a girl). She accepted my proposal although not without giving me much headache sha

So we started, having known alot about our past and in a bid to get the best out of what we have, we gave it all. Shared all our deepest secrets to each other - although I don't have any past still trailing me, my pasts (relationships) where gone and are very far from me. Same with her except for one.

He is a very trusted family friend of hers. Currently a seminarian for almost a decade and has a good chance of being a priest but still does fling with her until I came into the picture. Was a member of the mums prayer group and have been very close to the family for long.

She has been having this affair with the said guy without the knowledge of anyone around but a very close sis, I happen to be the second person to know. So this dude still has assess to her home and she to his home (although both of them don't spend much time with family again but occasionally come around).

MY FEARS

*They really really had a lot in the past, even as a seminarian, he indirectly made her end relationships, she claims to be over him but I usually see it as a conscious denial.
*When she's home and the guy is around, they get to meet- he even made advances at her sometime ago.
* My girl once told me she will want the want the guy (as a priest) to officiate our wedding.
* All about him is seriously threatening my religious life as a Catholic. Each time I see a Seminarian I will be like "hypocrite, this might be the guy who did this with my girlfriend". Imagine what this will be when he eventually becomes a priest.
**the talk plenty sha

WHAT I ASKED FOR

When she told all about him around March or April this year. I insisted on her completely cutting communication with him, but she vehemently refused then, somehow I accepted. I also asked to wanted to know the said guy in person somehow (even if it's through Facebook since I wasn't close), but she still refused. I decided to give her time since we barely started. We've been good since then and things are going well. And I thought we've gotten over that.

Some days ago I stumbled upon a post on her Facebook wall over a sensitive topic. A guy who share a lot of similarities with this ex of her commented on it, using just a sentence to my explain my girls position on that topic. I concluded it's him. So i casually approached my girl - even with a plea not to get offended by what we will be talking about - that I have seen the guy shes been hiding from me. She said I was wrong about my assumptions, and later asked why I was bent on knowing this guy.

My people, I've spent since Monday trying to explain why i think it's important I know him, if not now but sooner considering how far we ( my girl and I) are going and cos we aren't in the same location. But she has totally refused insisting that she only did me a favour by letting me in on it and will not go further not even in future. She even threatened that we should walk away from the relationship if I insisted on knowing the guy.

So i kept asking myself...are my really asking for too much or is it right I know this person??

On the bolder, hit the gear bro. After all you will face the fear someday.

Meanwhile what is all this we tell ourselves everything all about?? Don’t be naive. You are in your own basket. Reality don’t always work with being too transparent. If it was she would have let you know all you need.

The handwriting is on the wall.
You don’t really know this girl yet... I wonder why you think you do
Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by Kiddogarcia(m): 1:57am On Oct 30, 2020
Why are you so bothered about stuff that will hurt you, you wanna hear stories that'll disturb your emotional balance right? If you feel things is not right, and your gf is not trying to make things works,you have the option of leaving before it gets deeper than this. But I once heard when you are in love, you tend to lose your basic sense of reasoning, but check Ziggy na agbo I dey sell

2 Likes

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by aoshi: 5:03am On Oct 30, 2020
Bro, please correct your title. It's "Am I" not "Are My".

3 Likes

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by Chiwetalu1: 6:08am On Oct 30, 2020
aoshi:
Bro, please correct your title. It's "Am I" not "Are My".

Noted bro... English is a "respecter" of no one grin grin cheesy
Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by Danielomisco(m): 6:33am On Oct 30, 2020
Chiwetalu1:

Noted bro... English is a "respecter" of no one grin grin cheesy
persin dey ask for advice this one dey digress,very irritating. Well bro an advice is just work away b4 u marry someone that doesn't respect n value u.Just leave...

1 Like

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by fayded(m): 6:39am On Oct 30, 2020
Chiwetalu1:

MY FEARS

**the talk plenty sha

WHAT I ASKED FOR

When she told all about him around March or April this year. I insisted on her completely cutting communication with him, but she vehemently refused then, somehow I accepted. I also wanted to know the said guy in person somehow (even if it's through Facebook since I wasn't close), but she still refused. I decided to give her time since we barely started. We've been good since then and things are going well. And I thought we've gotten over that.

So i kept asking myself...am I really asking for too much or is it right I know this person??

She will cheat on u by sleeping with dt guy. End dt relationship and leave her.. Or stay sha, in which case, when it happens, come back here and tell me, so I can say "I told you so"

2 Likes

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by Sawzer(m): 6:48am On Oct 30, 2020
Chiwetalu1:

MY FEARS

**the talk plenty sha

WHAT I ASKED FOR

No you're not asking too much, it's natural and it's even proper in your case.
I think you already know what to do about the girl
Imagine, she even threatened you with breakup?!

It's obvious that she sees you more like a second fiddle and the upcoming priest assuperior which is bad for your future .

Don't continue investing emotions and time in the relationship and tell her you can't continue with the way things are going.

2 Likes

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by emperorAY(m): 7:05am On Oct 30, 2020
I don't want to say the said seminarian is the cheating trigger for your girlfriend. it seems you are very serious about the relationship , if you know you can't continue in a subtly deceitful relationship please quit now

2 Likes

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by MisterALEX(m): 7:36am On Oct 30, 2020
Leave that woman alone. She's not meant for you. Your ordained woman is somewhere out there waiting for you to come around. All these plenty shalaye sef weh de relationship never reach anywhere..

2 Likes

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by femi4: 8:02am On Oct 30, 2020
The marriage is 50-50, you better take a walk has she suggested
Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by adeniran22890: 8:03am On Oct 30, 2020
All this drama and u guys are not yet married?
Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by yomi007k(m): 8:42am On Oct 30, 2020
I cannot believe the filth I just read.

Op, you really need help.

You have no business with them. WALK AWAY.

1 Like

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by udoakwa(m): 8:46am On Oct 30, 2020
Believe me that girl is not ready to let go of that guy that's why she is hiding the identity of that guy from u to avoid some traces, it's better u start now to withdraw yourself from that Lady gradually or u risk raising another man's child in future... typing from my personal experience

4 Likes

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by Danielomisco(m): 9:38am On Oct 30, 2020
udoakwa:
Believe me that girl is not ready to let go of that guy that's why she is hiding the identity of that guy from u to avoid some traces, it's better u start now to withdraw yourself from that Lady gradually or u risk raising another man's child in future... typing from my personal experience
pls tell us ur story lets learn
Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by Made619(m): 9:52am On Oct 30, 2020
I can never forget what a guy said here on nairaland,he said "you judge if a relationship is worth it by how much peace of mind u have."

6 Likes

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by AyarmBoye(m): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2020
Chiwetalu1:

MY FEARS

**the talk plenty sha

WHAT I ASKED FOR

Bro the day I try to make a girl sees reason ( I hardly except I have a thing for her ) and she threatens me with ‘ breakup ‘ ,, that day will be the end of anything we are trying to build .... do not under any circumstances threaten me especially with sex and breakup ... what nonsense.... just let her go already

2 Likes

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by Chiwetalu1: 10:03am On Oct 30, 2020
yomi007k:
I cannot believe the filth I just read.

Op, you really need help.

You have no business with them. WALK AWAY.

You are very right. I tolerated it initially cos I thought she needed help and me in best position to do that for her. Just noticed how much I sink into it by the day
Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by yomi007k(m): 10:04am On Oct 30, 2020
Chiwetalu1:

You are very right. I tolerated it initially cos I thought she needed help and Mr in best position to do that for her. Just noticed how much I sink into it by the day

She is manipulating you by having a lover and a husband at the same time. Eating her cake and having it. She has no honour, she is not loyal.

Be a man.

2 Likes

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by VicM6: 10:05am On Oct 30, 2020
2dice01:

you legit my guy...... Warning dey come now, him no wan hear.... him nd d guy go dey gather do 3some togeda.
Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by Chiwetalu1: 10:14am On Oct 30, 2020
2dice01:

grin grin

na best time to commot wahala wey dey ground treat am well well be this. One can't afford the luxury of a broken home or divorce later on
Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by Shortyy(f): 10:27am On Oct 30, 2020
Hmm
Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by mosdii(m): 10:47am On Oct 30, 2020
You are not blind to the numerous handwritings on the wall I believe.

It is clear that you are not her choice, you are just an option.
Don't ever let a woman make you an option.

peradventure you marry her, I bet you that the children you will bear with her, none will be yours.

Run away from her as fast as you can and never look back or accept her back if she comes begging.

You cannot turn a hoe into a wife.
Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by Uthman122: 11:23am On Oct 30, 2020
Every girl has a past so far her past doesn't affect her present I don't see why you should be bothered with it, my advice will be that you should let it slide and when she's comfortable she'd tell you who the person is. Pressuring her won't work.
My own 2 cents sha

1 Like

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by SolexxBarry(m): 11:35am On Oct 30, 2020
Walk away bro, if she is ready to chose the guy over you already, i wonder what the essence of the relationship is
Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by 2dice01: 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
VicM6:
you legit my guy...... Warning dey come now, him no wan hear.... him nd d guy go dey gather do 3some togeda.
Chiwetalu1:

grin grin

na best time to commot wahala wey dey ground treat am well well be this. One can't afford the luxury of a broken home or divorce later on
VicM6:
No be lie
Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by NainaPal(f): 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2020
Looking for some fun visit our website where you will find the most beautiful escorts, girls who are naturally beautiful but also intelligent, charming, well-mannered, so you can have the best out of your experience.

Link : https://www.rentadolls.com/

Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by Pancakeey(f): 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2020
You’re not married yet you’re having so much problems.
Are you guys even up to a year in your relationship?
From the first line when you mentioned you had some difficulties even before getting her to say yes. I already knew there was gonna be trouble somewhere.

See leave this girl alone.
It’s obvious she’s still into the seminarian guy and you’re just a second person In her life.

Why not see the bold handwriting on the wall and do the right thing.
And to answer your question, no you’re not asking too much. You’re asking for something stupid when the answer is right under your nose.
Re: AM I REALLY ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? by Pancakeey(f): 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2020
Made619:
I can never forget what a guy said here on nairaland,he said "you judge if a relationship is worth it by how much peace of mind u have."
Word! Word!
Preach pasta!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

DJ Cuppy: I Wish I Have Someone To Cuddle With At 2:29am - See What A Man Said / Why Is It That Some Men Can't Stop Simping? / I Am Deactivating My Nairaland Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.