Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,312 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS (36692 Views)

How Nigerians Contribute To Election Rigging They Complain About - Bishop Onah / Court Orders IGP, DSS To Release Sanusi From Detention / Deposed Emir Sanusi Sues IGP, DSS DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by tonididdy(m): 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2020
This country can never be United.... One side is milking the other and refused to let go.

... When the head of all security agencies are all Muslims. What do you expect they take advantage of?

I didn't bother to play the video because I know the imams have said worse just that it isn't televised otherwise where does all this hate come from?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Nkwobi042: 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2020
Queseda:
The fake Bishop needs to be taught a lesson. Nigerian Christians are majorly hypocrites, they never practice what they preach

If you call us hypocrites,I wonder what you call headslammers' who smoke shit and gum just to stay high?

Again, the ones who fill their rubber kettle with alcohol and rape underage girls in the name of marriage.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Rugaria: 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2020
It seems like this stupid sultan only raises his voice when his Muslim brothers are the victims.. very devisive characters

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by GodHatesBigots(m): 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2020
Shikena:

Who is WE? Is this a constitutional statement? ISLAM is already firmly in the South East and has been there for ages.

I apologise for my use of words. I should have said RADICAL ISLAM not ISLAM. Yes there have been muslims in my town for decades.

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by RALPHOW(m): 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2020
Are you sure Sultan listened to the video or he just reacted to hearsay.
May the good Lord bless Bishop Onah for this simple truth.
IF YOU LOVE BISHOP ONAH LIKE THIS

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Comedian2019: 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2020
Liposure:
Why can't we tolerate one another in this country. Must we fight each other over ethnic differences, religious differences etc when we are suppose to live as one irrespective of the various barriers. Just look at the damage done by some unscrupulous elements in the name of riot or whatever point they are trying to prove. Sincerely speaking, we have a long way to go
It's noteworthy that poor people are the ones doing this to one another. Rich people don't care about this nonsense. They romance with each, so also their children.
Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by GavelSlam: 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2020
mcbreeze:
Anyway, I think some sections of the country think they own violence.
Many of the keke drivers were pursued from Northern Nigeria and all their goods and business razed to ground. Now, they came back to their fatherland, you still have the gut to stab one of them.

Many Christian's worship centers in the north have been burnt down, even most of their Pastors and priests killed. No one have been interrogated or arrested.
Now, in this case, State government have promised to rebuild the mosque and some are trying to make mountain out of mole hill. How many churches has they rebuild in the north?

Arrest him and see Nigeria collapse faster than you thought.

The mosques burnt were worship homes of indigenous Nsukka people.

How does the alleged killing of an Nsukka indigine translate into the burning of places of worship of Nsukka indigenes by Nsukka indigenes.
Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Shikena(m): 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2020
GodHatesBigots:

I apologise for my use of words. I should have said RADICAL ISLAM not ISLAM. Yes there have been muslims in my town for decades.
Thank you for your maturity. We need more of your type here.
Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Nigeriabiafra80: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2020
naptu2:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/sultan-to-igp-dss-interrogate-bishop-onah-over-attacks-on-muslims-in-s-south-s-east/amp/
Tell sultan to thread with caution
He don’t own Nigeria
And can’t decide for us
We are igbos not middle belt
We need to divide Nigeria soon

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Jaqenhghar: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2020
Ironically the Hausa muslim does not consider any non hausa muslim as a muslim. I pity the Igbo muslims. Your people dont like you, and your so called brothers in the north don't exactly care about you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by seguno2: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2020
naptu2:
Sharia law has been in the constitution since 1960. It is part of customary law.

How is Islamic sharia a custom in Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by naptu2: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2020
Don't forget to keep checking the 15th post on the first page. I am posting more videos by Bishop Onah.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by cktheluckyman: 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
I watched the entire length of the video and did not see any where the bishop incited violence.
What exactly is the problem of the sultan and his stupid NSCIA

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by ransomed: 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
The table is gradually turning and they are crying wolf. So, it can be very painful?

You will surely reap what you have sown.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Nkwobi042: 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
Shikena:

Who is WE? Is this a constitutional statement? ISLAM is already firmly in the South East and has been there for ages.

Islam in the East is an abomination.
Even though there's a right to religion,I find mosques an abominable structure, that needs thorough security observation.

Your doctrines are usually fatal and extremely violent and uncivilized.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by nogragra: 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
naptu2:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/sultan-to-igp-dss-interrogate-bishop-onah-over-attacks-on-muslims-in-s-south-s-east/amp/
Finally the targets are showing their evil faces. What Anah spoke about is plain truth which the evil in the sultan cannot stomach.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Kirchoffs: 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
I'm here to read comments from Hypocrites

Just noted from a whole you who would have went on rampage if it were to be other way round? Smh
Animal in human skin is what you are

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by bonechamberlain(m): 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2020
So what is inciting in that speech, what he stated isn't is it the obvious. angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by seguno2: 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2020
ivolt:
Nigerian Taliban in action. Useless cleric inciting members from a church which is supposed to promote peace.

Are mosques banned from promoting peace

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by CJ310(m): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2020
I see nothing wrong with what the cleric said Abeg make the sultan go siddown somewhere jor

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by pat077: 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2020
Who should be interrogated over killings in southern kaduna?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by joseph1832(m): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2020
nogragra:

Finally the targets are showing their evil faces. What Anah spoke about is plain truth which the evil in the sultan cannot stomach.
the Bishop raised some very good points, I would have expected the Sultan to respond, rather than call for the arrest of the Bishop.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Nyanabo(m): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2020
muslim clerics have done worst.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2020
I am a Yoruba, I can't lie, this Bishop spoke the truth....it incited violence but it's the truth, more christians are killed daily in the north, even southern yoruba Muslims are not spared....but the igbos are usually arrogance and domineering towards those who accommodate them, thus the difficulty in forming strong alliances with them.. Anyways all I know is that prosecution can't kill the body of Christ, It only makes it stronger.
Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2020
This country will not move forward until we see ourselves as one. Christians should see Muslims as brothers and sisters, Yoruba, Ibo and Hausa should see themselves as one. It is one God that created all of us not different gods. We should separate religion and tribal sentiments from any our dealings on day to day basis. The bane of this country is how we try to separate ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by naptu2: 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2020
joseph1832:
I see. Thanks for explaining.

But please tell me, if Sharia law applies strictly to Muslims, what right have the Hisbah police have to destroy alcoholic drinks when we 'know' Muslims are forbidden from taking it.

That problem arose when some muslims complained about the restriction of Sharia Law to personal law in the 1960s.

In response to their criticism, Ahmadu Bello sent scholars to study the penal code in Sudan.

The destruction of alcoholic drinks in the north is actually not because of Sharia Law. It is because Ahmadu Bello created a Penal Code in the North. We have Criminal Code in the South and Penal Code in the North.

According to both the constitution and even the Sharia Laws that were created in some Northern states in the 2000s, Sharia Law can only be applied to people who ask for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Bkayyy: 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:

Tell sultan to thread with caution
He don’t own Nigeria
And can’t decide for us
We are igbos not middle belt
We need to divide Nigeria soon
They seem to have forgotten who we are.
Arresting this man will fully convince the remaining people sitting on the fence that Nigeria is a crime against Ndigbo.
I pray they arrest him

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by eldoradoxx: 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2020
If Sultan and Nigerian security agencies are men enough let them arrest Bishop Onah and see if religious war wont breakout immediately. The Bishop just said a bitter truth to them and they are crying, more is coming.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by lastempero: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2020
naptu2:

When the British came to Nigeria, they realised that they could not abolish our own native laws (customary law), so they accomodated it with some modifications.

Basically, customary law was reduced to governing issues such as marriage, inheritance, etc. Basically, personal law.

The customs and traditions in most Northern Nigeria at the time the British arrived was based on Sharia Law and so it became the customary law in the north.

There's also customary law in the south, based on things like marriage, inheritance, etc.

However, some northerners have been complaining since the 1960s that you can't separate Sharia Law into personal law and criminal law and that Sharia is one. Therefore, some northern governors introduced Islamic criminal law in the early 2000s. Some say that it is unconstitutional because Sharia was limited to personal law in the constitution.

Canon law was not part of Nigerian tradition and customs when the British arrived.

What you forgot to note here is that be it sharia law or customary law,it doesn't overide the constitution of the country and that is what sharia is good at.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by naptu2: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2020
seguno2:

How is Islamic sharia a custom in Nigeria

naptu2:

When the British came to Nigeria, they realised that they could not abolish our own native laws (customary law), so they accomodated it with some modifications.

Basically, customary law was reduced to governing issues such as marriage, inheritance, etc. Basically, personal law.

The customs and traditions in most Northern Nigeria at the time the British arrived was based on Sharia Law and so it became the customary law in the north.

There's also customary law in the south, based on things like marriage, inheritance, etc.

However, some northerners have been complaining since the 1960s that you can't separate Sharia Law into personal law and criminal law and that Sharia is one. Therefore, some northern governors introduced Islamic criminal law in the early 2000s. Some say that it is unconstitutional because Sharia was limited to personal law in the constitution.

Canon law was not part of Nigerian tradition and customs when the British arrived.
Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by cktheluckyman: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2020
I hope the stupid sultan is not thinking Bishop Onah is one small fry you can intimidate.

The DSS should make the mistake of going after the bishop and see the real crisis

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by LordOfTheGame: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2020
Satan of sokoto or whatever he's called should keep his dirty stinking mouth shut. Stupid muslin terrorists disturbing our peace in Igboland. Muslims have been killing innocent Christians and burning their churches, bandits as they claimed have been carrying out series of killings on the order of the Muslim preachers and leaders but this Satan of sokoto haven't said anything to condemn it and called for their arrest but he's quick to call for arrest of an other who simply asked some salient questions. What is it with Muslims and hypocrisy? About the efulefu parading himself as Igbo Muslim, his days of treachery is coming to an end sooner than later.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mohammed Isa Killed By ESN, Not Our Member - Miyetti Allah / President Buhari Held Security Meeting With 36 State Governors (Photos) / Gunmen Assassinate Chief Abiodun Folarin In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.