Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! (11505 Views)

Nigerians Compare GEJ And Buhari's Visit To The White House.. See Differences Sp / Buhari's CV N Certificate / Now Let's Compare GEJ Campaign Speech With That Of GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 14, 2011
Muhammadu Buhari - Bio data

Born in Daura, Katsina State, on 17 December 1942.

Education

Attended Primary School in Daura and Mai'adua, 1948-1952

Attended Katsina Model School in 1953 and Katsina Provincial Secondary School (now Government College Katsina) from 1956-1961.

Joined the then Nigerian Military Training School, Kaduna in 1963.

Attended Officer's Cadet School in Aldershot (United Kingdom), October 1963

Attended Platoon Commanders' Course at the Nigerian Military College, Kaduna, 1964

Attended the Mechanical Transport Officer's Course at the Army Mechanical Transport

School in Borden (United Kingdom) 1965

Studied at the Defense Services' Staff College, Wellington (India), 1973

Attended the United States Army War College, June 1979 to June 1980.

Military Career

Platoon Commander, 2nd Infantry Battalion, 1963-1964;

Mechanical Transport Officer, Lagos Garrison, 1964-1965;

Transport Company Commander, 2nd Infantry Brigade, 1965-1966;

Battalion Adjutant/Commander, 2nd Infantry Brigade, 1966-1967;

Brigade Major, 2nd Sector, 1st Infantry Division, April to July, 1967;

Brigade Major, 3rd Infantry Division, August 1967 - October 1968;

Acting Commander, 4th Sector, 1st Division, November 1968 - February 1970;

Commander, 31st Infantry Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, February 1970 - June 1971;

Assistant Adjutant-General, 1st Infantry Division Headquarters, July 1971 - December 1972;

Colonel, General Staff, 3rd Infantry Division Headquarters, January 1974 - September 1974;

Acting Director Supply and Transport, Nigeria Army Corps Headquarters, September 1974 - July 1975;

Military Governor, North Eastern State of Nigeria, August 1975 - March 1976;

Minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, March 1976 - June 1978;

Chairman, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, June 1978 - July 1978;

Military Secretary, Army Headquarters, July 1978 - June 1979;

Member, Supreme Military Council, July 1978 - June 1979;

General Officer Commanding, 4th Infantry Division, August 1980 - January 1981;

General Officer Commanding, 3rd Armoured Division, November 1981 - December 1983;

Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, December 1983 - August 1985.

Executive Chairman of the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (PTF), 21 March 1995 - May 1999.

Awards

GCFR: Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

DSM: Defense Service Medal

NSM: National Service Medal

GSM: General Service Medal

LSGCM: Loyal Service and Good Conduct Medal

FSS: Forces Service Star

CM: The Congo Medal

Honourary Doctorate Degrees

10 December 1994: Honorary Doctor of Science degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari by Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.

21 December 1996: Honorary Doctor of Letters degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari by the University of Calabar.

6 June 1998: Honorary Doctor of Law degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari by Benue State University.

Goodluck Jonathan - Bio data

Born in Otuoke, Bayelsa State, on 20 November 1957.

Education

St Stephen’s primary school ( now state school ) Otuoke, 1961 – 1965

St Michael’s primary school, Oloibiri, Bayelsa State FSLC, 1966 – 1969

Mater Dei high school, Imiringi, Bayelsa State , 1971 – 1975

University of Port Harcourt, 1977 – 1981

University of Port Harcourt, 1983 – 1984

University of Port Harcourt, 1987 – 1995

Academic Qualifications:

First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC)   1969

West African School Certificate (WASC)    1975

General Certificate of Education (GCE O/L)  1976

B. Sc. Zoology Second Class (hons) Upper Division 1981

M. Sc. Hydrobiology/Fisheries Biology    1985

Ph. D. Zoology       1995

Employment History:

Preventive Officer, Dept. Of Customs & Excise, 1975 – 1977

Science Inspector of Education, Rivers State Ministry of Education, Port Harcourt , 1982 – 1983

Lecturer, Dept. Of Biology, Rivers State College of Education,  Port Harcourt , 1983 – 1993

Assistant Director, (Ecology)/ Head Sub – Dept. Of Environment Protection, OMPADEC, 1993 – 1998

Deputy Governor, Bayelsa State from May 1999 to 2005

Governor, Bayelsa State from May 2005 to May 2007

Vice President, Federal Republic of Nigeria from May 2007 to February 2010

Acting President, Federal Republic of Nigeria from February 2010 to May 2010

President, Commander-in-chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria from May 2010 to date

Awards:

Best Performing Deputy Governor Award in the Federation in 2002, by the Institute of Public Administration of Nigeria (IPAN)

Award of "Exemplary Leadership Quality and Good Governance" conferred by the National Association of Women in Education Development in July 2003

Honorary Award for Democracy and Good Governance conferred by the NUJ Abuja Council
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by dellnet: 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2011
No offense buhari's resume seem to be for someone that can order "fire in the hole!"
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by soldee: 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2011
@dell_net

former Minister of Petroleum,
former chairman NNPC,
former Governor,
former Head of State ------ and all you can see is "fire in the hole"? cheesy

He had every opportunity to loot and yet he is the only former President who does not own a house in Abuja!

3 Likes

Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by egift(m): 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2011
My verdict:
Both started with a humble beginning. But,

Buhari's resume is that of a who have climbed life to success through discipline, hard work, integrity and respect for others.

While,

Jonathan's is that of a man who made achievement through "luck" (being at the right place when something bad happened to his superior)

And also he ought to have been working in a zoo/river practicing what he have specialized on (Zoology and fisheries)

5 Likes

Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 14, 2011
soldee:

@dell_net

former chairman NNPC,
former Governor,

He had every opportunity to loot and yet he is the only former President who does not own a house in Abuja!
BB 4 life
egift:

My verdict:
Both started with a humble beginning. But,

Buhari's resume is that of a who have climbed life to success through discipline, hard work, integrity and respect for others.

While,

Jonathan's is that of a man who made achievement through "luck" (being at the right place when something bad happened to his superior)

And also he ought to have been working in a zoo/river practicing what he have specialized on (Zoology and fisheries)
grin grin grin
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Jbenue: 1:41pm On Mar 14, 2011
egift:

embarassed embarassed embarassed

You must be stupid having a qualification in zoology does not mean working in a zoo. So stupid grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
dumb ppl make me laff

1 Like

Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by dellnet: 2:04pm On Mar 14, 2011
Jbenue:

embarassed embarassed embarassed

You must be silly having a qualification in zoology does not mean working in a zoo. So silly grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
dumb ppl make me laff
Where do they work?

Zoology-is the branch of biology which relates to the animal kingdom, including the structure, embryology, evolution, classification, habits, and distribution of all animals, both living and extinct

I guess dead people will vote this election since it is part of his specialty.

soldee:

@dell_net

former chairman NNPC,
former Governor,

Definitely there is a great difference between someone who worked at achieving his earnings and someone who just got it by luck/crooked ways without trying anything. I endorse BB2011 Our Abraham Lincoln of Nigeria.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by amurx(m): 2:24pm On Mar 14, 2011
soldee:

@dell_net

former chairman NNPC,
former Governor,

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by chamber2(m): 2:27pm On Mar 14, 2011
Definitely ther
e is a great difference between someone who worked at achieving his earnings and someone who just got it by luck/crooked ways without trying anything. I endorse BB2011 Our Abraham Lincoln of Nigeria.

I hope after April all these madness will end. Was it by luck that GEJ got his 2.1,Msc and even the Phd? People make senseless comments just to support a candidate.Even as i envy Buhari's performances,I am still in doubts as to how these experiences will be valuable in a democratic country such as ours where the use of force is not the case.He will do well as a minister of defence and not the presidency.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by abes(m): 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2011
na wa o, so uncle GEJ sat for WAEC twice = two achievements undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by chamber2(m): 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2011
na wa o, so uncle GEJ sat for WAEC twice = two achievements

what of those at the National Assembly with forged waec certificates?How many presidents in the world have Phds?
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2011
chamber2:

na wa o, so uncle GEJ sat for WAEC twice = two achievements

what of those at the National Assembly with forged waec certificates?How many presidents in the world have Phds?

by now it should be clear to all that the much touted phd is a typical paddy paddy phd

till date, no one has been able to provide us to any link to papers published by gej , and he has consistently dodged all opportunities to showcase his 'intellect'
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by dayokanu(m): 2:58pm On Mar 14, 2011
PhD holder who is scared of an ordinary debate.

The PhD sef is questionable. Which papers did he write to get his PhD

Nothing he does suggest he is intelligent, even he looks like a mumu. No wonder he is Odechukwu
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2011
It is particularly worrying that GEJ's entire education and career history is localized within port-Harcourt and Bayelsa State.

In fact, he only just moved out of Bayelsa and into Abuja in 2007  shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by bisiaet: 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2011
Meaning WHAT

Is all these CV what democracy is all about

When Buhari was a president please mention one good thing he did or one good oRder he gave? Was is it not Idiagbon everybody knew then? but the so called Millitary this millitary that was he talking then was he not same coward in army uniform called(Buhari) that IBB just crept in easily and asked out of office while his deputy was on on Hadj in Mecca?, mr cv composer what is so exciting in Buhari CV? I dont seems to see anything that entice me, is it for be all the way millitary this or millitary that? I dont just know look for something else to talk about AND not a "Sharia pretending Lord ok. No offence.

1 Like

Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by dayokanu(m): 3:03pm On Mar 14, 2011
bisiaet:

Meaning WHAT

Is all these CV what democracy is all about

When Buhari was a president please mention one good thing he did or one good oRder he gave? Was is it not Idiagbon everybody know then but the so called Millitary this millitary that was he talking then was he not same coward is uniform that IBB just cret in and asked out of office while his deputy was on on Hadj in Mecca, mr cv composer what is so exciting in Buhari CV? I dont seems to see anything that entice me, is it for be all the way millitary this or millitary that? I dont just know look for something else to talk about AND not a "Sharia pretending Lord ok. No offence.

Did you attend the same school with GEJ cos your English suggest so.

One achievement of Buhari, He fought corruption heads on.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by omo9ja1(m): 3:03pm On Mar 14, 2011
after reading both resume I just dey laugh - because both men have work hard to get to where they are in life, but one question is that we have tested both men as a leader one in uniform and the other as a civilian, but have show what they have they both want to something in common to rule Nigeria, Not been bias but I will say we should give Buhari another chance to rescue Nigeria from these mess, Nigeria need a man that can demonstrate authority and has no fear of anyone except Almighty God. Nigeria leaders are all looters  we need some with strong and determination to clean up these mess once.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by kufreabasi(m): 3:05pm On Mar 14, 2011
will all these profiles save this country 4rm falling or from the complete mess they put this nation into.
It is what they have to offer us is what we are looking for but not degrees and award. Those ones are for themselves and their families
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 14, 2011
@bisiaet

why u dey vex na? Just dont vote for him na!! Just put ya hand for Umbrera  grin grin

Buhari has first-hand experience in chasing and catching looting politicians  grin grin grin and for that, I find him enticing
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Freiburger(m): 3:07pm On Mar 14, 2011
Are these the only presidenial candidates?
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by bisiaet: 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2011
Did you attend the same school with GEJ cos your English suggest so.

One achievement of Buhari, He fought corruption heads on
Brosie, you said Buhari fought corruption pls when was that? No offence please clarify this.

If you say he is not corrupt yeah I totally agree with you to be honest Buhari has done well he is a clean guy but just want to know when he did fought corrupton please. No offense ok
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by dayokanu(m): 3:10pm On Mar 14, 2011
Most corrupt politicians were jailed during his tenure.

Did you hear about the Umaru Dikko saga?
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by bisiaet: 3:12pm On Mar 14, 2011
Ok I get your point now happy you made this clear thanks God bless.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by dayokanu(m): 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2011
2. Reduced the number of local government from 1000 to 301.

4. Buhari expelled 700,000 foreigners- illegal immigrants- , claiming they were a burden on the Nigerian economy.

5. Many notable second republic governors and national assembly members were tried and sentenced to looooong terms of imprisonment, leaving out Shagari and Ekwueme, the head and the vice. Such was the Buhari notion of equitable apportionment of guilt and/or responsibility.

6. Attempted to "crate" Umaru Dikko" back to Nigeria, the British Government un covered the plot and led to a strain between the UK and Nigeria.

7. Death sentence to drug pushers - killed two in the process.

9. Long prison terms for tampering with postal stamps, examination mal practices - currency trafficking, illegal produce export etc.

13. WAI brigade- empowered the police to use this

I picked this from another thread.

Hope you have seen the light .

Join the BB2011 train and leave the mumu Odechukwu who has no clue on how to govern.

We need a president who can act, Not one who would tell us to pray for criminals to come and confess
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by lynxnoon(m): 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2011
dayokanu:

PhD holder who is scared of an ordinary debate.

The PhD sef is questionable. Which papers did he write to get his PhD

Nothing he does suggest he is intelligent, even he looks like a mumu. No wonder he is[b] Odechukwu[/b]
RFLMAO!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by bisiaet: 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2011
I picked this from another thread.

Hope you have seen the light .

Join the BB2011 train and leave the mumu Odechukwu who has no clue on how to govern.

We need a president who can act, Not one who would tell us to pray for criminals to come and confess

Pls poster Dayokanu try to be moderate in your response the statement above can be very offensive. Just an advice please.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by dayokanu(m): 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2011
Pls what is offensive about that comment?

Did he not tell us to pray that criminals should come and confess?

Poster bisiaet what is offensive about what I posted
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Udevex: 3:39pm On Mar 14, 2011
lol. Stone throwing.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by dellnet: 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2011
chamber2:

I hope after April all these madness will end. Was it by luck that GEJ got his 2.1,Msc and even the Phd? People make senseless comments just to support a candidate.Even as i envy Buhari's performances,I am still in doubts as to how these experiences will be valuable in a democratic country such as ours where the use of force is not the case.He will do well as a minister of defence and not the presidency.

Note: education is by right. In your context it seem to be by luck or golden efforts. This has already shown your mentality and clearly shows that your Jonathan did not get his education by right or choice. Nigeria is ran by people with the mentality of an elementary school kid not at the level of phd educates. (Please someone should upload his thesis or what he solved with his phd.) If you go around the world people with phd are shaping the world and they are yet to get to the highest public office. Unfortunately, the ruling or governing in our nation is the contrast of using common sense inasmuch other leaders use common sense to govern their nations with or without masters or phd. PDP clearly fvck'd up they dumped the masses and refuse to condition them.
FYI, I don't support any candidate but whoever has a better credibility I will vote for him and despite I was too young to know Buhari's short regime I have seen what Buhari did in the 90's when he was given an opportunity to do something for the nation and I will use my common sense at it. So chambers, if you are part of the people holding Nigeria down the table will certainly turn around this time and the masses will rise.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by stildude(m): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2011
Someone mentioned GEJ rose due to luck, another said he wrote WAEC twice. all I can see is stupididty and a level of hate for the president that I cannot understand. People will twist anything to smear the person of GEJ. I remember when you register for your WAEC, you can also choose to register for GCE. Now if GCE registration comes later, on your CV, the WAEC achievement will come before that of GCE. so what's the big deal?  It doesn't necessary mean you sat for the exam due to failure.

Take a good look at Buhari's CV. What happened btw 1953 and 1956. I am sure he went back to herd animals or learn auto repair for a while - for which he was later given an official stamp during his military career, or maybe still  sent parking fom his first school due to intelligent wahala. It took him 2 years to join the military after concluding his secondary education. What that tells me is that he couldn't make JAMB, so, after 2 trials, he had to opt for a military career that is much more easy as a northerner.

''Platoon Commander, 2nd Infantry Battalion, 1963-1964; Mechanical Transport Officer, Lagos Garrison, 1964-1965; Transport Company Commander, 2nd Infantry Brigade, 1965-1966; Battalion Adjutant/Commander, 2nd Infantry Brigade, 1966-1967;'' All I see here is the time it takes me to do  a B.Sc. degree in the University. I don't go around spelling out all the courses I did in my first year to final year so people could see my achievement as impressive. Part of Buhari's military career is also in the education background. My candid analysis of Buhari's CV is summed up in one word. 'opportunist'. He was prepared and the opportunity was also created for him. Opportunity due to the ethnic block he came from, rising rapidly through the ranks. Will someone from the south south , south east or south west get to where he is even though they may have started out together in the same way he did?. What is GCFR?. is it earned? the rest of the achievement I see is honorary!!!. So all na arrangee.

Take an average intelligent kid from any Nigerian home, irrespective of which part of the country he's from, He may be able to duplicate GEJ's achievements in this day and now. can we say the same about Buhari's?. The whole thing can't even be said to be luck but profitability from Nigerian tribal system that has favoured his region from the beginning of the Nigerian state. Simply, Buhari's achievement has nothing to do with hard work but the unfair measurement and grading system in the our  society that brings about disparity in the political question of who wants what, when and how. Now don't brag with it!
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by dellnet: 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2011
Someone mentioned GEJ rose due to luck, another said he wrote WAEC twice. all I can see is stupidity and a level of hate for the president that I cannot understand.

Presidential Election 2007 - What was it? credible achievement?
May 2010 succession (14th president) - planned event?
Please answer.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Muza(m): 4:02pm On Mar 14, 2011
There is a clear distinction between light and darkness

Carry go BB,No shaking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aishat Buhari’s Book: Guests Refuse To Disclose Donations / Boko Haram Attacks Maiduguri, Houses Torched, Vehicles Vandalized / Ogun APC Official Refuses To Register Amosun Loyalists (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.