Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! (11517 Views)

Nigerians Compare GEJ And Buhari's Visit To The White House.. See Differences Sp / Buhari's CV N Certificate / Now Let's Compare GEJ Campaign Speech With That Of GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by 9ijaMan: 2:36pm On Mar 16, 2011
Crude Oil:

I wont vote for Buhari, he is an extremist, he is too rigid and inflexible, he is uneducated, he is not diplomatic, he is not smart and I believe he belongs to the military.
  Yes he instilled discipline into the  Nigerian society when he was in charge, but that was then and it was a military regime. Nigeria has changed now, we operate a democratic and presidential system of government. He can no longer promulgate decrees and abuse human rights. We now have legislative and judicial arms of government and I dont think Buhari would fit in. He is like a square peg in a round hole, he would only prosper and florish in an authoritarian or monarchy system but we dont practise such in this country.

He may be not as educated as a PhD holder, but he is by far smarter than the PhD holder. Buhari may not be learned by your myopic standards, but he has achieved a lot more than the one who's merely brandishing a PhD certificate without ant achievement to show for it.

It's not about book but about simple and common sense, which unfortunately is not common!
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by KBrown: 3:15pm On Mar 16, 2011
All of you, GEJ haters can continue to deceive yourself and celeberate those opportunistic achievements of your "Nigerian General".
On April 9, GEJ will defeat Buhari because those of us who appreciate the fact that if other past Heads of State had moved at the reasonable pace GEJ is now moving, Nigeria would have been a better place. But no, because you are deluded by the forced achievements under the jackboot that you credit Buhari with, you fail to realize that when Buhari ruled in a military setting, Nigeria was like a giant who after his face have been covered (he cannot see) and his hands and legs  are tied (he cannot move), he was thrown into a ring to fight a midget. Of course, he would be beaten!
Even a toddler could have achieved whatever Buhari achieved over a suppressed people that we were back then. Buhari knows that he cannot perform in an environment where there is freedom of speech under which the unperturbed GEJ is now performing. That is why he keeps on moving to parties where there will be no dissent voice.
Do you people think ruling a people is all brawn? No, a leader has to negotiate, he has to be diplomatic and Buhari has zero of those all important qualities.
Can you answer these questions for Buhari:
- Why did he have to kill harmless journalists, just for speaking the truth about his government?
- If he was as pure as you want us to believe, why not allow people to speak their minds?
- Why did his Aide (Jokolo) bring in 53 suitcases unchecked?
- Why try at all cost to jail Ajasin when he left crooks like Uba Ahmed to escape?
- Why did he keep Alex Ekwueme and other southern politicians of 2nd Republic in Kirikiri while northern politicians who were then seen as worse were kept under House arrest?
- Why did he allow his deputy (Idiagbon) to go to Hajj with his underaged child at a time when it was unlawful for children of his age to do so?
These are just few out of Buhari's selective justice.
No! Never again shall we allow such a brute to rule us. IT IS GOODLUCK ALL THE WAY.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Myself2(m): 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2011
KBrown:

- Why did he have to kill harmless journalists, just for speaking the truth about his government?because they were bloody civilians - If he was as pure as you want us to believe, why not allow people to speak their minds?I've answered you already
- Why did his Aide (Jokolo) bring in 53 suitcases unchecked? What was inside the suitcases,was it not just babanriga   ??
- Why try at all cost to jail Ajasin when he left crooks like Uba Ahmed to escape? Ajasin was a christian,why did he not convert to Islam- Why did he keep Alex Ekwueme and other southern politicians of 2nd Republic in Kirikiri while northern politicians who were then seen as worse were kept under House arrest?The same reson as that of Uba Sanni above,any problem?
- Why did he allow his deputy (Idiagbon) to go to Hajj with his underaged child at a time when it was unlawful for children of his age to do so?
These are just few out of Buhari's selective justice.He was the head of state then,if you talk too much,decree 2 will catch you No! Never again shall we allow such a brute to rule us. IT IS GOODLUCK ALL THE WAY.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by CrudeOil2(m): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2011
9ijaMan:

He may be not as educated as a PhD holder, but he is by far smarter than the PhD holder. Buhari may not be learned by your myopic standards, but he has achieved a lot more than the one who's merely brandishing a PhD certificate without ant achievement to show for it.

It's not about book but about simple and common sense, which unfortunately is not common!

Please,what are his achievements?
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by 10cirenoh: 5:52pm On Mar 16, 2011
^^^^

How old are you? you're asking for the achievements of Gen. M Buhari? no pun intended but have you been living under the rock since Nigeria gained independence? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by dayokanu(m): 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2011
Crude Oil:

I wont vote for Buhari, he is an extremist, he is too rigid and inflexible, he is uneducated, he is not diplomatic, he is not smart and I believe he belongs to the military.
Yes he instilled discipline into the Nigerian society when he was in charge, but that was then and it was a military regime. Nigeria has changed now, we operate a democratic and presidential system of government. He can no longer promulgate decrees and abuse human rights. We now have legislative and judicial arms of government and I dont think Buhari would fit in. He is like a square peg in a round hole, he would only prosper and florish in an authoritarian or monarchy system but we dont practise such in this country.

I wont vote GEJ ,

He is a dullard- Pray criminals confess,
He is very unintelligent - Immediately absolving MEND for the October 1 bombing,
His main supporters are the same people who robbed our country- OBJ, Anenih, etc find comfort behing GEJ,
He is the most clueless President ever - Nigerians have been dying in Jos and he doesnt seem to care.
He is just a mumu - When he swore to defend Nigerias constitution, He was busy at Turais kitchen playing houseboy till Bakare came to bail him out.
He is as bad as every other leader we have had - A president who flew a suspected killer Folarin to the PDP rally in presidential jet.

GEJ was chosen by OBJ because he is the only mumu among SS governors, He didnt want Odili, Ibori, Duke, Atah because those are smart but GEJ being a mumu was chosen.

In any random selection of adults over 20yrs old, GEJ would be one of those with the lowest IQ.

When a president tells us Prayers for criminals to confess is the solution then we know we have a r3ta@rd on our hands

VOTE out GEJ, VOTE out PDP
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by recoome(m): 7:40pm On Mar 16, 2011
dayokanu:

I wont vote GEJ ,

He is a dullard- Pray criminals confess,
He is very unintelligent - Immediately absolving MEND for the October 1 bombing,
His main supporters are the same people who robbed our country- OBJ, Anenih, etc find comfort behing GEJ,
He is the most clueless President ever - Nigerians have been dying in Jos and he doesnt seem to care.
He is just a mumu - When he swore to defend Nigerias constitution, He was busy at Turais kitchen playing houseboy till Bakare came to bail him out.
He is as bad as every other leader we have had - A president who flew a suspected killer Folarin to the PDP rally in presidential jet.

GEJ was chosen by OBJ because he is the only mumu among SS governors, He didnt want Odili, Ibori, Duke, Atah because those are smart but GEJ being a mumu was chosen.

In any random selection of adults over 20yrs old, GEJ would be one of those with the lowest IQ.

When a president tells us Prayers for criminals to confess is the solution then we know we have a r3ta@rd on our hands

VOTE out GEJ, VOTE out PDP
I've noticed that u always mention d fact dat GEJ said Nigerians should pray, what is wrong with that? U must be jealous of d fact dat he has a ph.d, where as buhari is an intellectual vegetable and bakare is a political jejune, did GEJ ever solicit bakare's help? The people that produce the resources have said that they want him, why are u killing urself, are u from our region? There is a clear distinction btw 'stone-pelting' & governance, so GEJ should go and sleep in jos villages becos pple have refused to accomodate each other? BTW, since u are so patriotic, what have u done 4 jos pple since the crisis begun? If u have a problem with Anenih, OBJ and co, u know where 2 find them or u write 2 the apt authorities and stop making a cacophony. PLS SAY SOMETHING NEW!!! GEJ ALL WAY.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by 9ijaMan: 7:50pm On Mar 16, 2011
recoome:

I've noticed that u always mention d fact dat GEJ said Nigerians should pray, what is wrong with that? U must be jealous of d fact dat he has a ph.d, where as buhari is an intellectual vegetable and bakare is a political jejune, did GEJ ever solicit bakare's help? The people that produce the resources have said that they want him, why are u killing urself, are u from our region? There is a clear distinction btw 'stone-pelting' & governance, so GEJ should go and sleep in jos villages becos pple have refused to accomodate each other? BTW, since u are so patriotic, what have u done 4 jos pple since the crisis begun? If u have a problem with Anenih, OBJ and co, u know where 2 find them or u write 2 the apt authorities and stop making a cacophony. PLS SAY SOMETHING NEW!!! GEJ ALL WAY.

Everything is wrong with such a statement. Just imagine a father, after his home was robbed by rubbers and his wife raped, asking his kids and wife to kneel down and pray for those robbers to confess their heinous crime publicly. How does that sound?

You must be kidding to be asking if GEJ ever solicited for Bakare's help. So what was the $50,000 transport bribe money meant for?
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by soldee: 8:02pm On Mar 16, 2011
@recoome, how many votes can dis your 'Region' produce?
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by misterh(m): 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2011
@recoome, should ethnicity supercede national interest? No matter wat he'll stil dance 2 d tunes of PDP. BUHARI AL D WAY
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by recoome(m): 11:33pm On Mar 16, 2011
9ijaMan:

Everything is wrong with such a statement. Just imagine a father, after his home was robbed by rubbers and his wife violated, asking his kids and wife to kneel down and pray for those robbers to confess their heinous crime publicly. How does that sound?

You must be kidding to be asking if GEJ ever solicited for Bakare's help. So what was the $50,000 transport bribe money meant for?
did he tell the police nt to investigate?, did he also tell the police 2 pray?, he only gave an advice to d bereaved, or do u expect him 2 tell the victims 2 take laws into their own hands?
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by recoome(m): 11:39pm On Mar 16, 2011
soldee:

@recoome, how many votes can dis your 'Region' produce?

By the time we decide 2 seccede, u will see.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by recoome(m): 11:50pm On Mar 16, 2011
misterh:

@recoome, should ethnicity supercede national interest? No matter wat he'll stil dance 2 d tunes of PDP. BUHARI AL D WAY
How laughable, U should be telling this 2 that 'artificially inseminated fulani red bororo' called buhari, who encourages violence, ethnicity , sexism & religious dichotomy. Besides the PDP is d only party that encourages national unity and fairness, no region dominates the PDP where as we cant say d same 4 others.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by dayokanu(m): 11:52pm On Mar 16, 2011
recoome:

What are you waiting for go ahead and secede now.

recoome:

I've noticed that u always mention d fact dat GEJ said Nigerians should pray, what is wrong with that? U must be jealous of d fact dat he has a ph.d, .

Only a r3tarded person would tell people to go and pray when criminals are on rampage.

A PhD holder ODEnson telling people to go and pray about crime?  As a father when your children need food and security tell them to go and pray.

where as buhari is an intellectual vegetable and bakare is a political jejune, did GEJ ever solicit bakare's help?

Bakare exerted his right according to the constitution whereas odechukwu who took a oath to defend the constitution was grinding pepper in Turais kitchen. What a shame.

The people that produce the resources have said that they want him, why are u killing urself, are u from our region? There is a clear distinction btw 'stone-pelting' & governance,

Where is governance, And what concerns anyone with your region, I suspect you have a PhD in Zoology also just like Ademumu cos you speak in a similar way.

so GEJ should go and sleep in jos villages becos pple have refused to accomodate each other? BTW, since u are so patriotic, what have u done 4 jos pple since the crisis begun?

That is the job of the president who took the oath to protect the country and its citizens against external and internal aggression. Maybe RETARDeen did not understand the content.

If u have a problem with Anenih, OBJ and co, u know where 2 find them or u write 2 the apt authorities and stop making a cacophony. PLS SAY SOMETHING NEW!!!

That is the job of the president and I am not the president. We want a president who would prosecute corrupt ppl not the ABDUL-clueless who would declare them as his Godfathers
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by KBrown: 6:58am On Mar 17, 2011
All of you, GEJ haters can continue to deceive yourself and celeberate those opportunistic achievements of your "Nigerian General".
On April 9, GEJ will defeat Buhari because those of us who appreciate the fact that if other past Heads of State had moved at the reasonable pace GEJ is now moving, Nigeria would have been a better place. But no, because you are deluded by the forced achievements under the jackboot that you credit Buhari with, you fail to realize that when Buhari ruled in a military setting, Nigeria was like a giant who after his face have been covered (he cannot see) and his hands and legs are tied (he cannot move), he was thrown into a ring to fight a midget. Of course, he would be beaten!
Even a toddler could have achieved whatever Buhari achieved over a suppressed people that we were back then. Buhari knows that he cannot perform in an environment where there is freedom of speech under which the unperturbed GEJ is now performing. That is why he keeps on moving to parties where there will be no dissent voice.
Do you people think ruling a people is all brawn? No, a leader has to negotiate, he has to be diplomatic and Buhari has zero of those all important qualities.
- Why did he have to kill harmless journalists, just for speaking the truth about his government?
- If he was as pure as you want us to believe, why not allow people to speak their minds?
- Why did his Aide (Jokolo) bring in 53 suitcases unchecked?
- Why try at all cost to jail Ajasin when he left crooks like Uba Ahmed to escape?
- Why did he keep Alex Ekwueme and other southern politicians of 2nd Republic in Kirikiri while northern politicians who were then seen as worse were kept under House arrest?
These are just few out of Buhari's selective justice.
No! Never again shall we allow such a brute to rule us. IT IS GOODLUCK ALL THE WAY.

It appears that there's no one among those of you who kill yourselves over Buhari who can answer the posers above. We need answers please GenBuhari & co.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by 10cirenoh: 7:57am On Mar 17, 2011
^^^^^

Most of the questions are irrelevant, overflogged and 100% senseless.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by recoome(m): 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2011
10cirenoh:

^^^^^

Most of the questions are irrelevant, overflogged and 100% senseless.
just answer the questions, since they are so 'irrelevant' & 'overflogged'.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by 9ijaMan: 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2011
recoome:

just answer the questions, since they are so 'irrelevant' & 'overflogged'.
The questions have been attended to several times over. Beaf aka recoome exercise your brain a little and search for the relevant threads where these phony issues were exhaustively dealt with.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Danjos1(m): 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2011
Our winning strategies for April polls, by Bakare
The Nation
Bolade Omonijo 15/03/2011 00:05:00

Pastor Tunde Bakare is known as a fiery preacher. But, now, he wears a new toga. He is a politician. Last Saturday in Lagos, he met with select journalists to explain his journey into partisan politics and what it took General Muhammadu Buhari to enlist him in the Congress for Progressive Change’s army for the April 9 presidential election. He spoke on his party’s strategies and disclosed that he got the endorsement of Christian leaders before accepting to run with Buhari. Group Political Editor BOLADE OMONIJO attended the session. Excerpts:

As a pastor, your calling is to win souls for Christ. How did you end up in partisan politics and now as running mate to General Muhammadu Buhari?

Ordinarily, I shouldn’t have business in partisan politics, but it is too important to be left in the hands of politicians alone. I thought my job is just to raise the standard of God’s consciousness in our nation and ensure that righteousness exalts this nation by instilling the fear of God in our people. I have been harassed by military dictators and their civilian counterparts, but I never thought a day would come that I would do this. The last time I marched the streets in my life was in 1978 and that was during the days of Ali-must-go. When I left school, I thought marching the streets had ended, until the crisis that almost pushed Nigeria to the precipice recently. We rose by the grace of God, gathered all civil society organisations together on January 7 and fixed January 12 for mass protest against what was happening, a culture of impunity against a sitting Vice President, not a candidate at the time, and by the grace of God, the people joined us in the protest. We had our way, the president was endorsed and that was it.

How did you get fully involved in the whole thing?

We thought SNG should not end there; that we should move to the next phase, unblocking the minds of our people to know that sovereignty truly lies in their hands and that they must register to vote. We began to open SNG chapters across the nation, until one fateful afternoon of May 3. Someone asked me a question: ‘Pastor Bakare, are you raising responsible people to vote for irresponsible people?’ It hit me like a thunder bolt and that was the turning point for me. Then we decided to engage the political class and show Nigerians the irreducible minimum they should be looking for in a candidate. So, we came up with a contract for Nigeria, which was launched in Nigeria on May 5, 2010. We began to engage the political class. I personally engaged Atiku and we drew our seven-point irreducible minimum that we wanted to see in parties and politicians and key players in every political party – high-level transparency and internal democracy which is germane to our development. We finally took a stand. We went to the President with a document which we gave to elders in some parts of the country including religious leaders like Pastor Adeboye on why we would not support Jonathan. We listed three or four things.

The culture of impunity we rose to fight had returned full circle into our country and we gave him examples like what was happening in Ogun State where SNG had to intervene alongside Professor Wole Soyinka at a town hall meeting to decry the situation. The same thing happened in Bauchi; the governor moved from ANPP to PDP; his deputy did not move along with him. The governor used the House to impeach him; the man went to court and won, but another person was sworn in as deputy governor. Now, the governors of Bauchi and Ogun states are now the coordinators for President Jonathan’s campaign, which means he has made up his mind, whether there is violation of people’s right or people’s will. The cry of my heart has been that except we return to true federalism, Nigeria cannot make progress because we were better than this when we had little resources. These were the things we were saying and began to position our people.

But, even if SNG felt strongly that something had to be done, couldn’t the body have identified and backed other credible Nigerians on the political scene? Why you?

On July 31, 2010, we summoned the first meeting; 10 people were invited, but only eight showed up. At the meeting were Nuhu Ribadu, Malam Nasiru el Rufai, Donald Duke, Oby Ezekwesili, Ngozi Iweala, Fola Adeola and Jimi Agbaje. Governor Fashola was also invited. So, we called these arrow-heads because we wanted to go outside of normal party structure, raise a new calibre of people that would either move to a political party en masse or start one. That day, we decided to use a new party because I loved the name, the New Democrats. I said to them that day the only way I would participate in this process is to give two conditions: I will spend and be spent for it, but I will not touch elective office and I will not join a political party. I’m fulfilled the way I’m functioning and everybody knows by the grace of God whether you like what I’m saying or not, when I rise to speak, I say it the way it is and leave it there, and we agreed. But unfortunately, the man who registered New Democrats, which we were going to use, decided to become the campaign director in the Diaspora for IBB; the rest is history

At a point you engaged the Labour Party?

We decided to engage Labour Party because it is generic; but one of us pulled the trigger. Nuhu Ribadu decided to pick the ticket of ACN, that was a good development, and I said if that’s the way you want to go, we will still go together and we were all going together on the platform of Labour Party. We then thought out who we should present as candidate. It was Donald Duke that we were going to feature as Vice President and Malam el Rufai as the presidential candidate. But Donald Duke came back and said he would not be able to accept such responsibility; he was even the one that suggested Labour Party to us.

How did you settle for working with General Buhari?

Malam el Rufai returned to the country and gave us some stiff conditions that for as long as Nuhu is out (campaigning), he would not come out because it could divide the north further. I saw the point and we said we should forget it. Before we got to that stage, we also engaged Buhari. We went to him in Kaduna like we sat with Jonathan and Atiku as well as Ribadu. I came back to Nigeria to engage Buhari because we didn’t give him any chance at all. If you read in the press all that I said about him (Buhari), I said they were all part of the old, who can’t produce anything for us; there is no point lying. I won’t say something and deny it. But when I engaged the man, I discovered that he had changed from what he used to be. And of all the people I sat with, he is the most credible that gave all the right answers and that was willing to engage us and to seek help. A good leader is not an all-rounder; he is the one who knows his weakness and can stab that weakness and will engage in people who are much more competent than himself and release them to accomplish a task. If you don’t mind who takes the credit, you will get much more done. When Malam el Rufai said he would not contest because he would be seen as competing with Nuhu, we felt that the other candidate left was Buhari; but we wished them all the best and washed off our hands.  I was tidying my wardrobe when the phone call came and it was Buhari on the other side and he said: “Pastor Bakare, after deep thoughts, I will consider it a great honour if you can run with me as my Vice Presidential candidate for the 2011 elections”.

The answer was not far- fetched, it was in my lips waiting: ‘Thanks, but no thanks and I told him that I didn’t come because I wanted to play politics. I want to be part of those who will reshape Nigeria and create a party that can be respected.’  I called Pastor Adeboye and he surprised me because I thought he would say no way; but I played into his hands. When we went to meet with President Jonathan, the documents we gave to him, we also submitted it to Pastor Adeboye and he asked who the best person that can salvage Nigeria was. I told him, from all I have seen, the person that can rescue us right now is Muhammadu Buhari, but he has no money. He is popular in the north, he does not have a clue of how to come into the south because of so many things they’ve hanged on his head over the years. I was still not persuaded. I went again to meet Pastor Adeboye, and submitted what we were doing. He said ‘if you are ever considering Muhammadu Buhari, then you need to look for a strong Christian to be his running mate.’ And I stood up and said ‘we will look for the strong Christian but I want you to know that it cannot be me; I’m satisfied with what I’m doing.’ I did not know that as I was doing all these, I was worming myself into the heart of Buhari. By the time I called Pastor Adeboye, he said, ‘that you did not lobby for this, it is an opportunity for you to express everything you have carried for this nation. Move forward.’ I called him (Adeboye) again the second day and said, ‘sir, will you support me?’ He (Adeboye) said, ‘with everything I have got in my own way, just go for it, I will be praying.’

What actually are you bringing to the table, that other people can join you in making your aspiration fruitful?

One of the conditions we gave before accepting this - and all my friends were there in Kaduna before I signed any paper - is that I said, “General, you can fight corruption. You have the courage and the will, because you have been adjudged a clean man, a man of probity, but beyond fighting corruption, I don’t know you to be an economist and me that you are asking to come, I am not an economist. Would it be acceptable to you that we build a change team, a people who are not just technocrats, who have been there before, who understand the issues, so that we build a formidable team from within our nation and outside of our country in the Diaspora. And he accepted.

The question is what political value you are adding to the ticket…

Someone once said that he had no political structure and I said, you didn’t build your own in one day, either. When I rose and people said you can’t pull it through, I remember the ACF person, Shettima Yerima, he said don’t go to Abuja to protest, stay in Lagos where you have people; but you do not know what we have done over the years building networks across this country. There is no part of this country, no zone where we are not represented. Look at the last voter registration, Lagos State has the highest number, more than six million people; you think it is because Lagosians are aware? We knew what we did. SNG started what we call VEAC-Voters Education Awareness Campaign. We sent 10 men to every ward to go knock at people’s doors to bring them out. Those we have on our data will shock you.

Do you think within the time frame, you can make impact?

I took that up in Ibadan three days ago. I assembled all our chairmen and stakeholders in Ibadan. And I said I have heard this repeatedly mentioned that we have no time. That time is against us. Time is not against us. Time is never against you. Number one, all the courses we studied in university called time management is a lie. You can only manage yourself in time. You can never manage time. The rich, the poor, the young, the old, the male, the female, the sick and the young; we all have the same amount of time. When God is behind a particular thing, when the people are yearning for change… how long did it take to remove a 28-year depot in Egypt?  We are not going to begin to invest money on billboards. I have been pastoring a church in this country for 22 years and we have never pasted a poster, no billboard; but people keep coming. The north has decided who the president would be. I also believe South West will play a critical role in presidential electoral victory in 2011; so is the South East. We need 25 per cent from 24 states. The whole of the north is 19, plus south West it is 25; if you get 25 per cent in the whole of the north and the Southwest, you are already president of Nigeria. But the battle for the south west must be fought with re-engineering in the mind of our people. That is what we want to do. That is why we have kept the flag-off of the South West to the last.

What would give anyone the optimism that Buhari who is principled and a forthright person like you would win election in Nigeria’s messy environment?

My exposure to the corridors of power frightens me. If the PDP by hook or crook wins the 2011 elections, we might just kiss Nigeria good bye and we will not be guilty of not trying. It is not a do-or-die affair. I am not going to borrow money or sell houses to run the election and Buhari will not do that either. One person gave him all the posters and bill boards in the North-West; another person gave us vehicles for the campaign. I took her aside and asked why she did that, she simply said: “In Petroleum Trust Fund days, I got contracts without lobbying and we tried to give this man, he refused and this is the only way we can compensate him.” Are we going to say because of the depravity in the system we won’t do what is right? The responses we are getting from ordinary people, if translated to votes, will see us through; but the environmental pollution has clouded our minds that we do not think it is possible. Most of the elite will not vote that day. Some say we can’t win; let’s do our best and leave the rest for God. In Tunisia, one man tired of oppression, set himself ablaze and the President is no longer in power. We can make a change if we all beam our searchlight on those things that are holding us back. I read in the papers that Jega has adopted the voting procedure used during the 1993 elections which I support - simultaneous voting. I presented this same position to Jega when I had no interest in politics. 

We have seen violence rock political campaigns and the PDP has accused the CPC of causing it…

Did the CPC cause the violence in Bayelsa? Did the CPC cause the stampede in Port-Harcourt where so many people died? I am an eyewitness to history we flew from Abuja to Maiduguri. The governor of Borno took away all the buses off the streets so that no one would come; but they trekked. Some came on motorcycles. It took us over one and a half hour on a five-kilometre road to arrive the palace of the Shehu of Borno. The CPC is not behind it; it is the revolt of the poor. That is why I said we should be careful, if the elections are not rigged and they are fair, everybody will be calm and the results will be acceptable. However, if the people feel they have been cheated, God save us.

Given the spate of injunctions by the courts, do you think the elections will hold as scheduled?

The judiciary is already compromised and all kinds of injunctions come from the courts. It is worrisome; I do agree. At some points, I felt it and for my passion, I was getting ready to open my chambers again because the likes of Chief Gani Fawehinmi are gone. This is solely why CPC is saying we are not going to the court; we will settle matters at the polls. We do not mean violence. There must be simultaneous voting, the modified open secret ballot system.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Danjos1(m): 6:33pm On Mar 17, 2011
did GEJ ever solicit bakare's help? The people that produce the resources have said that they want him, why are u killing urself, are u from our region? There is a clear distinction btw 'stone-pelting' & governance, so GEJ should go and sleep in jos villages becos pple  have refused to accomodate each other? BTW, since u are so patriotic, what have u done 4 jos pple
the $50.000 offered to pastor bakare is for what? is it for prayers?
and the issue of people with resources, bayelsa has 500,000+ total votes while Jos-north l.g.a has almost 427,000 just one local government from the people without resourses.

my bros, you are misguided.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by TruthHeals: 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2011
GEJ is so clueless. A PhD holder asking for debate questions in advance. What a joker. We need to vote that rogue party (PDP out. Corruption galore for the greater part of 12 years. BB all the way. Let's vote men that can tackle corruption head-on, not selectively.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Danjos1(m): 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2011

Pls. break now. by the time five millions northern Nigerian soldiers marched through that your south-south,   those creeks could not accommodate you.
shine your eyes. this is Nigeria not chad, Libya or Rwanda. those rockets launchers can do nothing when you secede. you will dropped them and start calling for help from international communities. just ask the Igbos or elders in your communities what happened during the civil war.  
When the Igbos are terrorizing you people who liberates you?
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Danjos1(m): 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2011
Buhari's antecedent as minister in the petroleum ministry where funds disappeared and later as chairman of the Petroleum Trust Funds where cases of widespread corruption and sectionalism were rampant necessarily made it imperative to disqualify this former tower of terror.

for the first time i read such piece of shit. anyway you are paid to write such rubbish.
my dad used to tell me that
: there is disparity between literacy and lettered. some can write and  are still unaware,

US,EU and any other institution you may want to identify yourself with are respecting this man.
thank God for pastor Bakare that had dug enough to uncovered the good in Buhari and all other well meaning Nigerians.

Down with PDP and its supporters.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by ProAnti: 7:48pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Post,

Did it actually take President Jonathan 8 years (1987 to 1995) to study for his PhD alone?
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Adebayok1(m): 1:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
let just pray God for the best, we r here, they r there only God know what they can become tomorow.
The person we think to be good may the worst ;
Just lets all pray God for NIGERIA choose the best of all
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by slimghost(m): 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2011
The level of stupidity displayed so far here is irritating. Its obvious some northern elements are trying to make this nation ungovernable so as to turn the masses against GEJ and some fools are here spewing rubbish about the spate of insecurity in Nigeria (yall should open ur eyes). In as much as GEJ makes some mistakes and utters some unguarded statements, he leaves no one in doubt about his passion to make this country a better place.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by Danjos1(m): 6:37pm On Mar 20, 2011
The level of stupidity displayed so far here is irritating. Its obvious some northern elements are trying to make this nation ungovernable so as to turn the masses against GEJ and some fools are here spewing rubbish  about the spate of insecurity in Nigeria (yall should open your eyes). In as much as GEJ makes some mistakes and utters some unguarded statements, he leaves no one in doubt about his passion to make this country a better place.

@ slimghost or whatever you called yourself. go back to cemetery and share that useless idea. this is Nigeria. the largest Black nation on earth. we  need not amateur. we need professional. there is no room for cheats and liars.
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by sukieboy(f): 8:11am On Jan 05, 2015
Attended Primary School in Daura and Mai'adua, 1948-1952

Please was primary Education 4 Years? Looks like he spent 4 years in his Primary Education.

Its very clear that Buhari had accellerated promotions and appointments due to multiple Coups
Re: Compare Gej's Cv With Buhari's Cv Here! by egift(m): 10:26am On Jan 04, 2016

God bless the Man of the People

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stella Oduah Recieves Pan-African Leadership Award / Governors Angry As EFCC Is Set To Recover $3m Refund / Nigeria’s Debt Reaching Critical Levels — NEITI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.