Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices (39986 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Amnesty International's Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by MNDY(m): 9:47am On Nov 06, 2020
Solatium:

You think insurrection or secession have a time line?
You think it always end in everyone's favor?
Some of you just go school,I no know wetin una go learn for there.
Check Libyan, Egyptian, South Sudan as a case study.
Olori ofo

Whoever it doesn't favour will have to make other choices; there will be choices. And do you know that there are people ready to stake their lives as sacrifice and bear timeline of whatever just to end this faulty entity called Nigeria (if not for anything, for the sake of unborn generations ahead)?

Those countries you cited above had different nature of issues to deal with. Don't even mention Libya. Egypt and Sudan are healing. The bottomline of it all is: SOMETHING HAS TO HAPPEN.
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by Solatium(m): 10:15am On Nov 06, 2020
MNDY:

Whoever it doesn't favour will have to make other choices; there will be choices. And do you know that there are people ready to stake their lives as sacrifice and bear timeline of whatever just to end this faulty entity called Nigeria (if not for anything, for the sake of unborn generations ahead)?

Those countries you cited above had different nature of issues to deal with. Don't even mention Libya. Egypt and Sudan are healing. The bottomline of it all is: SOMETHING HAS TO HAPPEN.

I can tell from your response that you are still under 30yrs of age and if perhaps you are over 30yrs then you are not a good student of History, especially Nigeria political and economic history.

So many people died during the struggle to enthrone democracy,Most Notably M.k.O Abiola and his wife.
You might think those are directly on the line of fire,How about Sir Harry Marshall,Suliat Adedeji,Nadeco chieftains and so many unknown Name's who were killed during those period (1993-1998)? has any of their family benefited anything tangible? How many of this younger generation can relate with these name's and the contribution they made in making Nigeria a better place?

I repeat you know nothing about Nigeria Political history or you have learn nothing.
Just go cool down somewhere dey enjoy your Indomie noodles hungry man size in peace.
Don't make yourself part of that unfortunate statistics.
Don't put your family in everlasting sorrow.

May we never be sacrifice for Nigeria to prosper.
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by MNDY(m): 1:51pm On Nov 06, 2020
Solatium:

I can tell from your response that you are still under 30yrs of age and if perhaps you are over 30yrs then you are not a good student of History, especially Nigeria political and economic history.

So many people died during the struggle to enthrone democracy,Most Notably M.k.O Abiola and his wife.
You might think those are directly on the line of fire,How about Sir Harry Marshall,Suliat Adedeji,Nadeco chieftains and so many unknown Name's who were killed during those period (1993-1998)? has any of their family benefited anything tangible? How many of this younger generation can relate with these name's and the contribution they made in making Nigeria a better place?

I repeat you know nothing about Nigeria Political history or you have learn nothing.
Just go cool down somewhere dey enjoy your Indomie noodles hungry man size in peace.
Don't make yourself part of that unfortunate statistics.
Don't put your family in everlasting sorrow.

May we never be sacrifice for Nigeria to prosper.

Amen.

The point I am trying to make is that many Nigerians are already suicidal from the hardship the government has brought upon Nigerians. Feeding is a daily battle for them. They are ready to fight till death to change the country.

Horrors of what happened in the past doesn't mean a thing to such people (whether they experienced it or not). They are ready to die because the hardship makes them not see what to really live for anymore.
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by LLMG: 2:06pm On Nov 06, 2020
useful idiots
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by Solatium(m): 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2020
MNDY:

Amen.

The point I am trying to make is that many Nigerians are already suicidal from the hardship the government has brought upon Nigerians. Feeding is a daily battle for them. They are ready to fight till death to change the country.

Horrors of what happened in the past doesn't mean a thing to such people (whether they experienced it or not). They are ready to die because the hardship makes them not see what to really live for anymore.

You did not witnessed it,You did not experience it,the hardships that followed the crisis made us understand that what we tagged as hardships before the crisis was even a child's play.

People had no food to eat,the little supplies coming from the hinterlands wasn't enough,those who had few to it can't access kerosine to cook as it was the most widely used,that was what gave rise to Abacha stove (sawdust + firewood).

Guy, forget it,if this crisis continue for a month,na una go beg government Walahi,you and I will be robbed of the little we have and so many people will die of robbery,rape and severe hunger than Bad governance and Police brutality
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by itu404(m): 3:09pm On Nov 06, 2020
happy200:
Amnesty international is a very useless organization.

They are always supporting chaos , and confusion in any country they have office. Must you be against the government to show you are doing your job? You are not wanted, leave. We want peace and any organisation that does not want peace in Nigeria must go.
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by happy200(m): 3:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
itu404:

They are always supporting chaos , and confusion in any country they have office. Must you be against the government to show you are doing your job? You are not wanted, leave. We want peace and any organisation that does not want peace in Nigeria must go.
Exactly my friend, we will reclaim our land Nigeria from criminals.
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by lexy2014: 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2020
angelfallz:

How did/does the West use Amnesty International to terrorise Nigeria? I don't have a specific answer. However, Amnesty international has been accused several times of biased reporting and one sided reporting. So there is a possibility that what you think you know from amnesty international is just a biased report that makes the government look bad.

Amnesty international has its good side, but it is still a weapon that west uses, subtly of course.

https://qr.ae/pNgoDk

https://qr.ae/pNgolR

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Amnesty_International

So u don't no how d west uses or used amnesty international to terrorise nigeria but yet u made this emphatic statement:

"Amnesty international, this organization that in my opinion is used by the west to terrorise third world countries like Nigeria and countries that refuse to toe the line of the west."

If u can't defend ur own comment, how can u defend comments made by other authors concerning this issue?

I also asked:

"What is d line of d west& at what point was it communicated to Nigeria & at what point did nigeria refuse to toe that line?"

But u don't seem to have an answer for d question. Isn't obvious that u are spreading fake news?
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by lexy2014: 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2020
itu404:

How does Amnesty international "always supporting chaos , and confusion in any country they have office" using nigeria as a case study?

How is amnesty international against d govt? D powers that govt wields, where does it derive from?

How is amnesty international responsible for d peace or otherwise in Nigeria?
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by lexy2014: 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2020
Solatium:

You did not witnessed it,You did not experience it,the hardships that followed the crisis made us understand that what we tagged as hardships before the crisis was even a child's play.

People had no food to eat,the little supplies coming from the hinterlands wasn't enough,those who had few to it can't access kerosine to cook as it was the most widely used,that was what gave rise to Abacha stove (sawdust + firewood).

Guy, forget it,if this crisis continue for a month,na una go beg government Walahi,you and I will be robbed of the little we have and so many people will die of robbery,rape and severe hunger than Bad governance and Police brutality

So in ur opinion, people should keep quiet in d face of bad governance & police brutality because u think govt is doing d citizens a favour?
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by angelfallz(m): 10:41pm On Nov 06, 2020
lexy2014:

So u don't no how d west uses or used amnesty international to terrorise nigeria but yet u made this emphatic statement:

"Amnesty international, this organization that in my opinion is used by the west to terrorise third world countries like Nigeria and countries that refuse to toe the line of the west."

If u can't defend ur own comment, how can u defend comments made by other authors concerning this issue?

I also asked:

"What is d line of d west& at what point was it communicated to Nigeria & at what point did nigeria refuse to toe that line?"

But u don't seem to have an answer for d question. Isn't obvious that u are spreading fake news?

If you read my comment i emphatically said "in my opinion". Someone's opinion is not necessarily news.

Yes, it is true i don't have enough to back it up, but that does not mean i am wrong.

Now about your other question, where Nigeria refused to toe the line of the west. i don't have an answer that relates to Amnesty International. But I
have an answer, that relates to how the west punishes countries that refuse to toe their line.

When Jonathan was president, He sort the help of the US for the sale of weapons to Nigeria to fight Boko Haram. Obama who was president then, gave conditions that Jonathan legalise homosexuality, Jonathan refused, and as a result the US refused to sell weapons to Nigeria.

Now, I said that Obama cited the Leahy law as a ruse. Why do I say so? Because I know directly from the horse’s mouth that the real reason Obama would not sell weapons to Nigeria is that then President Jonathan has rejected his subtle pressure to legalise gay marriage and homosexuality in Nigeria.

https://medium.com/@Omokri/barack-obama-loves-the-gay-community-more-than-he-loves-the-black-community-e5a4721b9cc6

Now, i am able to tell you this because, Reno Omokri who was an insider in the Nigerian govt at that time and had access to such information, came out and told the whole world the truth.

If the US govt can do such, what makes you think that they and their western allies can't do something similar using an organisation like Amnesty International?

My brother many of these foreign organisations masquerading as human rights advocates are hypocrites and de-stabilizers.

They have been giving aid to Africa yet Africa still remains poor, have you critically asked yourself why? I know your knee jerk answer would be to blame African leader and rightly so, but that is not the whole truth.

Don't let your anger push you to sell your country to the west.
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by lexy2014: 6:03am On Nov 07, 2020
angelfallz:

If you read my comment i emphatically said "in my opinion". Someone's opinion is not necessarily news.

Yes, it is true i don't have enough to back it up, but that does not mean i am wrong.

Now about your other question, where Nigeria refused to toe the line of the west. i don't have an answer that relates to Amnesty International. But I
have an answer, that relates to how the west punishes countries that refuse to toe their line.

When Jonathan was president, He sort the help of the US for the sale of weapons to Nigeria to fight Boko Haram. Obama who was president then, gave conditions that Jonathan legalise homosexuality, Jonathan refused, and as a result the US refused to sell weapons to Nigeria.

https://medium.com/@Omokri/barack-obama-loves-the-gay-community-more-than-he-loves-the-black-community-e5a4721b9cc6

Now, i am able to tell you this because, Reno Omokri who was an insider in the Nigerian govt at that time and had access to such information, came out and told the whole world the truth.

If the US govt can do such, what makes you think that they and their western allies can't do something similar using an organisation like Amnesty International?

My brother many of these foreign organisations masquerading as human rights advocates are hypocrites and de-stabilizers.

They have been giving aid to Africa yet Africa still remains poor, have you critically asked yourself why? I know your knee jerk answer would be to blame African leader and rightly so, but that is not the whole truth.

Don't let your anger push you to sell your country to the west.

Is there anywhere I talked about ur opinion being news or not news? U made a very weighty allegation that d west uses amnesty international to terrorise nigeria & u think u can make such claims without being able to back it with evidence? U dont even have a rational or explanation to back up ur claims. So how do u want to convince anyone that u are telling d truth? Obviously, u are making things up and that's tantamount to fake news.

Listen to yourself:

"Now about your other question, where Nigeria refused to toe the line of the west. i don't have an answer that relates to Amnesty International."

U don't have answers yet u are making wild claims and allegations. D discussion is about amnesty international and u are taking us on a merry go round about what Obama suggested to Jonathan about homosexuality. And am asking myself, what has it got to do with d discussion?

I also look at this comment:

"Don't let your anger push you to sell your country to the west."

Am wondering, where does that fit into d questions I asked u or d topic of discussion?

My dear, stop saying things that u no nothing about.
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by Solatium(m): 8:58am On Nov 07, 2020
lexy2014:

So in ur opinion, people should keep quiet in d face of bad governance & police brutality because u think govt is doing d citizens a favour?

There are better ways and channels of addressing these things,Civil disobedience is not the only way out.
Get register, Mobilize for a better candidate or Nominate someone who you can trust,go out to vote on the day of elections and encourage others to.

The real power is in the State and National assemblies,not the Presidency.
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by Elvictor: 9:20am On Nov 07, 2020
Solatium:

There are better ways and channels of addressing these things,Civil disobedience is not the only way out.
Get register, Mobilize for a better candidate or Nominate someone who you can trust,go out to vote on the day of elections and encourage others to.

blatant lies.
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by lexy2014: 9:25am On Nov 07, 2020
Solatium:

After voting for a candidate, how should candidates demand for accountability & good governance? When did protests and civil disobedience become a crime and according to which statutes? How is d "real power" in d state& national assemblies and not d presidency?
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by Solatium(m): 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2020
Elvictor:

blatant lies.

Come up with a better idea that is acceptable to all
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by Solatium(m): 12:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
lexy2014:

After voting for a candidate, how should candidates demand for accountability & good governance? When did protests and civil disobedience become a crime and according to which statutes? How is d "real power" in d state& national assemblies and not d presidency?

Civil action's are part of people's rights as enshrined in the constitution buy NO RIGHT IS ABSOLUTE,NO FREEDOM IS TOTAL your freedom and rights starts where mines stops vice versa,there are people who are not cool with the way this EndSars protest pans out,it is fast becoming an insurrection and I can tell you such an action will bring out the DICTATOR in any government all over the world,even in United States where we think there is freedom,troops were deployed during Black lives matters to break of protest.

Check the functions of each arms of government in Democracy it won't be difficult for you to know the Assemblies are far more powerful in democracy.
unfortunately most of you expect the President to act in military style while in democracy
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by lexy2014: 2:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
Solatium:

Civil action's are part of people's rights as enshrined in the constitution buy NO RIGHT IS ABSOLUTE,NO FREEDOM IS TOTAL your freedom and rights starts where mines stops vice versa,there are people who are not cool with the way this EndSars protest pans out,it is fast becoming an insurrection and I can tell you such an action will bring out the DICTATOR in any government all over the world,even in United States where we think there is freedom,troops were deployed during Black lives matters to break of protest.

Check the functions of each arms of government in Democracy it won't be difficult for you to know the Assemblies are far more powerful in democracy.
unfortunately most of you expect the President to act in military style while in democracy

U made certain claims & on d basis of those claims, I asked u questions. Everything u typed above in no way answered d questions I asked. So I ask again:

1. After voting for a candidate, how should candidates demand for accountability & good governance?
2. When did protests and civil disobedience become a crime and according to which statutes?
3. How is d "real power" in d state& national assemblies and not d presidency?"
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by angelfallz(m): 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2020
lexy2014:

Is there anywhere I talked about ur opinion being news or not news? U made a very weighty allegation that d west uses amnesty international to terrorise nigeria & u think u can make such claims without being able to back it with evidence? U dont even have a rational or explanation to back up ur claims. So how do u want to convince anyone that u are telling d truth? Obviously, u are making things up and that's tantamount to fake news.

Listen to yourself:

"Now about your other question, where Nigeria refused to toe the line of the west. i don't have an answer that relates to Amnesty International."

U don't have answers yet u are making wild claims and allegations. D discussion is about amnesty international and u are taking us on a merry go round about what Obama suggested to Jonathan about homosexuality. And am asking myself, what has it got to do with d discussion?

I also look at this comment:

"Don't let your anger push you to sell your country to the west."

Am wondering, where does that fit into d questions I asked u or d topic of discussion?

My dear, stop saying things that u no nothing about.

The first bolded
Aren't you the one that claimed i am spreading fake news?

well you can ignore my advice, the example i gave was to help you understand what goes on behind the scenes, of which a google search would not bring any answers. That example only came to light because someone in govt spoke about it.

I also, pointed out that it is not a direct example. You can choose to believe what you want.

Amnesty International is not your friend. Foreign organisations are no country's friend.

The second bolded,
God have mercy, i had to go back to my reply to make sure i was clear on that. Please go back and re-read it.

The last bolded,
No, my dearest stop jumping on any foreign organisation just because you feel or think they are on your side. i may not know much(like i said a google search wouldn't help in a matter like this) but i know something.
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by lexy2014: 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2020
angelfallz:

The first bolded
Aren't you the one that claimed i am spreading fake news?

well you can ignore my advice, the example i gave was to help you understand what goes on behind the scenes, of which a google search would not bring any answers. That example only came to light because someone in govt spoke about it.

I also, pointed out that it is not a direct example. You can choose to believe what you want.

Amnesty International is not your friend. Foreign organisations are no country's friend.

The second bolded,
God have mercy, i had to go back to my reply to make sure i was clear on that. Please go back and re-read it.

The last bolded,
No, my dearest stop jumping on any foreign organisation just because you feel or think they are on your side. i may not know much(like i said a google search wouldn't help in a matter like this) but i know something.

U are just going round in circles & not addressing d issues. On two occasions, u have said this:

"i don't have an answer that relates to Amnesty International."

If u don't have any answer, then what else are u saying? So every other grammar u are speaking is irrelevant. U can't defend ur claims, it therefore means u no little or nothing about what u are saying
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by angelfallz(m): 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2020
lexy2014:

U are just going round in circles & not addressing d issues. On two occasions, u have said this:

"i don't have an answer that relates to Amnesty International."

If u don't have any answer, then what else are u saying? So every other grammar u are speaking is irrelevant. U can't defend ur claims, it therefore means u no little or nothing about what u are saying

i agree i know little.

Lets leave it.
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by Solatium(m): 5:11pm On Nov 07, 2020
lexy2014:

U made certain claims & on d basis of those claims, I asked u questions. Everything u typed above in no way answered d questions I asked. So I ask again:

1. After voting for a candidate, how should candidates demand for accountability & good governance?
2. When did protests and civil disobedience become a crime and according to which statutes?

The only question I did not answer was your first Question because is confusing to me.
How does a candidate demand for good governance and accountability?
Thought a candidate stands for an election and hot elected.

The other 2 questions are answered and there is no ambiguity in those answers, you need to read over and over again to comprehend
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by lexy2014: 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2020
Solatium:

The only question I did not answer was your first Question because is confusing to me.
How does a candidate demand for good governance and accountability?
Thought a candidate stands for an election and hot elected.

The other 2 questions are answered and there is no ambiguity in those answers, you need to read over and over again to comprehend

Y should number 1 be confusing to u? Aren't u d one who said this?:

"There are better ways and channels of addressing these things,Civil disobedience is not the only way out."

U didn't answer d two other questions. U didn't even attempt to. If u did, then we would be talking about ambiguity or otherwise
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by Solatium(m): 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2020
lexy2014:

Y should number 1 be confusing to u? Aren't u d one who said this?:

"There are better ways and channels of addressing these things,Civil disobedience is not the only way out."

U didn't answer d two other questions. U didn't even attempt to. If u did, then we would be talking about ambiguity or otherwise

I couldn't answer your number 9ne Question because a candidate stands for an election,you don't expect someone who represents you to ask for accountability and good governance because bad governance and misappropriation profits him/her.
it is the electorate that should ask for Accountability and good governance.
Hope you now see why I never attempted your first Question.

As for the other two Questions,I answered You excellently well,if you disagree with my answer,I don't have any issue with that,and if you insisted I never attempted the 2nd and 3rd Question,then there is something fundamentally wrong with your comprehensive and cognitive ability
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by Solatium(m): 9:46pm On Nov 07, 2020
lexy2014:

Answer to Question 2.

No right is absolute,no freedom is total,if you block the road you are infringing on other people's right,which is the basis of democracy,some of us don't want to be part of it and you can't force it down our throats.
You have gotten what you wanted which is to EndSars,so why block the road again?

Answer to Question 3.

O'level Government text book will explain the function of each arms of Government to you under Democracy,I will not spoonfed you,this is a Question an SS 1 student will give you an answer to.

I just simplified it to you again,compare and contrast with my earlier comment if it's different.
ire oo
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by lexy2014: 9:57pm On Nov 07, 2020
Solatium:

Answer to Question 2.

No right is absolute,no freedom is total,if you block the road you are infringing on other people's right,which is the basis of democracy,some of us don't want to be part of it and you can't force it down our throats.
You have gotten what you wanted which is to EndSars,so why block the road again?

Answer to Question 3.

O'level Government text book will explain the function of each arms of Government to you under Democracy,I will not spoonfed you,this is a Question an SS 1 student will give you an answer to.

I just simplified it to you again,compare and contrast with my earlier comment if it's different.
ire oo

Look at this question & compare with ur response. What's d correlation? "When" is a question of time. I don't see anything in ur response addressing it.

It's not o' level govt text that made d claim that "real power is in d state& national assemblies & not d presidency". It's u. So take responsibility for ur comments. Don't pass it on to a text book. If u read ur o' level text, then kindly share how d text book told u that "real power is in d state& national assemblies & not d presidency". That shouldn't be a problem for u as an expert
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by lexy2014: 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2020
Solatium:

I couldn't answer your number 9ne Question because a candidate stands for an election,you don't expect someone who represents you to ask for accountability and good governance because bad governance and misappropriation profits him/her.
it is the electorate that should ask for Accountability and good governance.
Hope you now see why I never attempted your first Question.

Supposed to be electorate not candidate. That was a typo error on my part. After voting for a candidate, how should d electorate demand for accountability & good governance?
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by Solatium(m): 10:30pm On Nov 07, 2020
lexy2014:

Supposed to be electorate not candidate. That was a typo error on my part. After voting for a candidate, how should d electorate demand for accountability & good governance?

Very simple,engage your representative at all levels,when I said representative I meant the Assembly members from your senate down to concillor,abi e get anyone of them wey no get constituency office?
The problem with most electorate is that they think their contract ends with their representative once he/she has been declared the winner, where as na that time the contract just start.
We go dey shout Presidency,na Buhari dey represents you for your local government and state?
Your governor's owe you more responsibilities more than Buhari,have you hold them accountable?
or is there a month anyone of them never collect money from Abuja?
Do you bother what they do with their allocation?
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by Solatium(m): 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2020
lexy2014:

Look at this question & compare with ur response. What's d correlation? "When" is a question of time. I don't see anything in ur response addressing it.

It's not o' level govt text that made d claim that "real power is in d state& national assemblies & not d presidency". It's u. So take responsibility for ur comments. Don't pass it on to a text book. If u read ur o' level text, then kindly share how d text book told u that "real power is in d state& national assemblies & not d presidency". That shouldn't be a problem for u as an expert

You can not see what you are looking for in my answers because it doesn't gel with what you have in mind.
Civil action that blocks the road and make life unbearable for others is no longer A RIGHT it has become an oppression,you are forcing those who don't want to buy your idea.
Tell me how you are different from the government you are protesting against?
Just point me why you should still be on the road when SARS was ended?
obviously you are looking for something which the government have you all.

I am sorry I can't help you if you don't know the functions of each arms of government and theost powerful of it all.
Incase such a question comes up at a job interview,tell them the answer that comes from your mind not the Text book.
I wish I well
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by lexy2014: 5:58am On Nov 08, 2020
Solatium:

You can not see what you are looking for in my answers because it doesn't gel with what you have in mind.
Civil action that blocks the road and make life unbearable for others is no longer A RIGHT it has become an oppression,you are forcing those who don't want to buy your idea.
Tell me how you are different from the government you are protesting against?
Just point me why you should still be on the road when SARS was ended?
obviously you are looking for something which the government have you all.

I am sorry I can't help you if you don't know the functions of each arms of government and theost powerful of it all.
Incase such a question comes up at a job interview,tell them the answer that comes from your mind not the Text book.
I wish I well

I didn't ask u if protests are a right or a left. I asked when did it become a crime? That u haven't answered and u talking about what gels or doesn't gel. Did I ask u about rights? By d way, where do u have major protests where roads aren't inadvertently blocked? Protests everywhere are disruptive to public life (By disruptive, I dont mean stealing or destroying things). That's normal but then again they are part of d democratic process. Below is a picture of d scene of a protest that took about 5 months. With such numbers, is it possible for people's normal activities not to be disrupted?

What's wrong with protesters still being on d road after d govt announced d scrapping of endsars?

It's not me u are helping. It's urself u need to help. U are d one who made a claim. It's not govt text book that made d claim. It is ur responsibility to defend ur claims. It's not my responsibility neither is it that of a govt text book. U have even shot urself further with ur interview analogy as it further contradicts ur position. If u are asked a question in a job interview based on a claim u make, are u going to refer d interviewer to a text book?

Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by lexy2014: 6:01am On Nov 08, 2020
Solatium:

Very simple,engage your representative at all levels,when I said representative I meant the Assembly members from your senate down to concillor,abi e get anyone of them wey no get constituency office?
The problem with most electorate is that they think their contract ends with their representative once he/she has been declared the winner, where as na that time the contract just start.
We go dey shout Presidency,na Buhari dey represents you for your local government and state?
Your governor's owe you more responsibilities more than Buhari,have you hold them accountable?
or is there a month anyone of them never collect money from Abuja?
Do you bother what they do with their allocation?

Since u say that "The problem with most electorate is that they think their contract ends with their representative once he/she has been declared the winner, where as na that time the contract just start", how many times have u engaged ur elected representatives since 1999 demanding accountability & good governance?
How is protests less effective than verbal engagement?
Re: CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices by Solatium(m): 8:44am On Nov 08, 2020
lexy2014:

Since u say that "The problem with most electorate is that they think their contract ends with their representative once he/she has been declared the winner, where as na that time the contract just start", how many times have u engaged ur elected representatives since 1999 demanding accountability & good governance?
How is protests less effective than verbal engagement?

You don't know me and you can't define wjat you don't know.
Your only way of Correcting societal ills is through civil disturbance.
I wish you well in your journey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan: Stella Oduah Hates Me Up Till Today For Sacking Her As Aviation Minist / Jonathan Meets Buhari In Closed Door Meeting In Abuja ( Photo) / I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.