Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA (5532 Views)

7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by timbuktwo: 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2011
^^

Then please tell me what a better indication of someones support is?

GEJ doesn't have support on the internet, he doesn't have support "on the ground" and he doesn't appear to have the support of those in the diaspora. So where exactly is this support coming from??
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by AmbroE: 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2011
Wen tin buhari 4get 4 government house after many yrs. Na now e won work. Make e go rest like abubakar, shagari etc. Our ex generals dem fail us. E time don passoooo. My pple na Gej b d man.
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by dayokanu(m): 9:36pm On Mar 16, 2011
Wetin GEJ forget for Aso rck kitchen wey he dey find.

make he go rest and let more intelligent ppl come and rule.

We are tired of praying for criminals to confess
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by tunnytox(m): 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2011
Why would any reasonable person vote PDP again? Buhari/Bakare carry go!
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by AbuMaryam1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 16, 2011
Mhm!!! i'm loving it!!!! this clueless mend spoke person must go! PDP we don tired, OBJ park your belong!!! IBB go and die alone!!! hey Atiku relax we don wise, B B2011 all the way!!!
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by kokogee: 10:25pm On Mar 16, 2011
Hmmm! Yoruba says: ohun ti aba sise fun nii pe lowo eni (that is; it's what you labour and worked hard for that last long).

GEJ did no wrk to bcm Gov and President in Nigeria; so he is bound to loose the post soon.

WATCH OUT 4 BB 2011!!!
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by Gayigaskia(m): 10:39pm On Mar 16, 2011
I guess ths is the syndrom of opposition winning,it happened in CIV, Ghana, Guinee, and just this weekend Niger republic. This is the years of incumbents.

Sai Buhary
Go BB
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by debosky(m): 10:45pm On Mar 16, 2011
So because of the size of the crowds at campaigns Buhari has won?

Crowds attending a campaign and those voting are not one and the same thing - I still think Buhari is only strong in the NW - winning in one region is hardly enough to bring national victory.
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by dayokanu(m): 11:14pm On Mar 16, 2011
Have you seen his followers in NE states like Gombe, Borno, Adamawa, Yobe and bauchi?

He should pull enough in NC states like Niger, Nassarawa and Kogi
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by debosky(m): 11:17pm On Mar 16, 2011
Campaign crowds are a notoriously unreliable judge of an entire state's voting pattern.

GEJ has been received by very large crowds everywhere he's gone to hasn't he? Does that mean both Buhari and GEJ are winning?
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by x2lambo(m): 11:18pm On Mar 16, 2011
P.D.D Cannot win free and fair election , people vote any political parties of your choice but No pdp , God will save Nigeria
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by dayokanu(m): 11:40pm On Mar 16, 2011
debosky:

Campaign crowds are a notoriously unreliable judge of an entire state's voting pattern.

GEJ has been received by very large crowds everywhere he's gone to hasn't he? Does that mean both Buhari and GEJ are winning?

You can use it as a way of determining how popular a candidate is.

Look at the Buhari crowd in Prt harcourt vs the GEJ crowd in PH and tell me you dont know who the likely winner would be in a free election?

Same thing go to Gombe, Bauchi, and NE where GEJ was heckled by a PDP crowd chanting they want Buhari.

These are pointers to what would happen on Election day.
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by nduchucks: 12:38am On Mar 17, 2011
Never in the history of Nigeria have we seen this kind of crowd consistently coming out at campaign events in support of any candidate. Buhari draws crowds from the North to the West and the South. Jega has informed us that 73million people registered to vote with more than 60% of them from the North.

It is becoming more and more mathematically impossible for GEJ to pull this off.

The people who always claim that census figured are cooked and officials were counting goats etc, have now had their eyes opened. The mammoth crowd at Buhari's rallys are real people.  We are tired of PDP, we need change, SAI BUHARI!!

By the way, why is OBJ not on the campaign trail with GEJ?
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by sleekman(m): 12:38am On Mar 17, 2011
I have been doing an on d ground and online assessment of voters minds. The internet as we all know is agog with BB, north west and east is BB as well but he just has problems in the north central, south south and south east. North central seems to be dominated by Ribadu & GEJ due to structures on ground of these parties.
Benue is going to witness heavy incidences of violence and rigging which will lead to elections cancellations. Due to heavy ACN presence, there wouldn't be much voting there because by my calculations the people there will be to scared to vote due to d heavy presence of ACN & PDP thugs. The populist view there though is dat it will be an ACN victory there.
Plateau will go GEJs way except d BB camp gets through to d 'Deeper lifers', and people of high morals in d state.
Kogi is also jointly shared by ACN & PDP.
Niger state will be jointly shared by PDP & BB. If you noticed I used BB & not CPC because half the people of Niger state know Buhari and are in support of BB but again due to solid party structures of the PDP, the PDP will certainly share in the spoils.
Buhari with the help of the mosques all around the country is getting through to muslims about the change wind. This strategy is the cheapest & most effective way of reaching people. It appeals to the Godly part of everyman & I presume it is the same strategy he intends to use down south which by the way is working wonders because he has campaigners he doesn't pay a kobo down south working tirelessly on his behalf. He is also effectively utilizing the BBC Hausa service to his advantage by reaching the common man. It's through the BBC we see the astronomical crowds we've seen these past few weeks because he knows his people well & thinking back I think this was a strategy that was used in WWII against the Nazis. Talk about this man being a smart tactician perhaps he displaying his years as a Genera in the army.
One factor though is playing out in the SW. It seems Buhari listened to the christian leaders & school of thought to get a good christian strong in moral principles like himself which is playing out to his advantage. He seems to be gathering support at the speed of light by appealing to the merit factor in all of men's conscience. People are beginning to realise that there is nothing to the GEJ person except for the fact that he represents supports & is supported by the same crooks that General Muhammadu Buhari GMB has promised to tackle, recent revelations showing that he was personally guilty of rigging, Speaker Dimeji Bankole's admitance to the US ambassador that the CJ and other judges were bribed amongst others. His recent statements and actions haven't helped GEJ much either. It started with his calling SW governors under the umbrella of other parties duly elected by the people of their respective states RASCALS. Recent proclaimations by him that IBB is his FATHER, tacit support for Bode George & James Ibori, first by sending his wife & members of his cabinet to throw a lavish carnival for Bode George and his clandestine moves to get Ibori back into the country have only played well into GMBs game plan of appealing to the conscience of men. Money they say is not everything but where there is a will there is a way. The BB ticket has shown Nigerians that there is more to money and riches. A good name and a man's word coupled with patience & strong doggeness for change in the polity has inspired hope in every true Nigerian. Maybe I'll look back 3 weeks from now and say to a tireless general, you have fought gallantly and may the real change begin in earnest.
Long live the FRN
Long live our gallant heroes
NIGERIA SAI BUHARI

Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by debosky(m): 12:42am On Mar 17, 2011
^^ I don't pretend I can read crowds and extrapolate numbers that will vote on election day like some of you do.

Much of the same crowd that went to see GEJ would go to see Buhari as well, so how do we know which ones will vote and how they will vote?  

I'm not denying that Buhari has genuine hardcore support in the North, but that is completely different from saying he will win the elections - ANPP (BUhari's ex party) has progressively lost followership in the North, so based on previous results (not some crowds) I don't really think you can infer too much from a couple of rallies.

Regarding PH, Rivers has voted 100% (sometimes 105% grin) in favour of PDP. . . .some crowds wanting to see Buhari or listen to what he has to say does not equate to votes on the day.

Just being realistic here - the opposition to GEJ here means almost any story that purports to show support for another candidate is interpreted as signalling GEJ's failure at the polls and vice versa - the truth often lies somewhere in between.
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by naijaking1: 1:01am On Mar 17, 2011
^^^^
Word
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by ghostmaile: 4:30am On Mar 17, 2011
I sincerely hope that the BB campaign group pulls this off.
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by CyberG: 4:31am On Mar 17, 2011
Apart from tribalistic and narrow parochial interests. . .can supporters of GEJ show how he is the BEST candidate for the presidency? What has he done with all the goodwill and office he has occupied for almost 1 year now?
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by PeeDaVinci: 4:53am On Mar 17, 2011
one thing i know jona knows how to do well is giving orders that any secondary school student will give, given the same situation, for instance,
--jonathan orders the probe of the fire incident at ,
--jonathan orders the construction of a road
--jonathan orders the IG to fish out the criminals
--jonathan orders the sale of ,
--jonathan orders ,
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by naijaking1: 5:44am On Mar 17, 2011
CyberG:

Apart from tribalistic and narrow parochial interests. . .can supporters of GEJ show how he is the BEST candidate for the presidency? What has he done with all the goodwill and office he has occupied for almost 1 year now?

Honestly, if I turn the question around a bit, i would ask you what Yardua achieved before he died and being more free to operate than GEJ, what IBB achieved, and what Buhari before him achieved
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by egift(m): 6:06am On Mar 17, 2011
naijaking1:

Honestly, if I turn the question around a bit, i would ask you what Yardua achieved before he died and being more free to operate than GEJ, what IBB achieved, and what Buhari before him achieved

Its simple:

Buhari's achievement VS Jonathan achievement

Bros the difference is very clear and considering what Nigeria needs, its obvious - BB all the way grin grin grin
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by naijaking1: 6:22am On Mar 17, 2011
egift:

Its simple:

Buhari's achievement VS Jonathan achievement

Bros the difference is very clear and considering what Nigeria needs, its obvious - BB all the way grin grin grin

GEJ has not executed any student for carrying drugs in their suite case while allowing 53 other suite case of his friends to go unsearched
If you're related to Bath. Owoh or other unlucky souls you probably wouldn't be as arrogant as you sound right now.
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by dayokanu(m): 7:18am On Mar 17, 2011
GEJ achievement include bringing bomb blasts to Nigeria

And serving diligently in Turais kitchen
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by Ndygold(f): 7:57am On Mar 17, 2011
Ambro E,am concor wit.GEJ for president weda ppl lyk it or nt.dat crowd doesnt mean dey are all from from kebbi state.so stop deceiving urself wit at crowd
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by vocalist(f): 9:01am On Mar 17, 2011
you can say, you can post, you can criticize, dat is not the issue, nigeria knows whom they want, so it is not in ur shoe to criticize somebody before u get what u want, remember dat u can never satisfy human want, so if u guy are saying dat jonathan has not done any thing, then you jst have to tell me the achievements of buhari while in office during his military president era and them compare the season of our able president era. and don't y u people looks so foolish, it is going to be the same people dat will criticize buhari if god happens to permit him. rubbish
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by Lagosboy: 9:25am On Mar 17, 2011
A good name is worth gold, Bakare made us understand it is ordinary people helping the BB team, people who are not paid a kobo but love change and believe in Buhari Bakare to effect the neccassary change we need.

He talked about a woman who donated vehicles to the campaign and the woman said that during the day of PTF she was awarded contracts without bribing anybody or ever seeing Buhari and the only way she could reward this man is to help the campaign. Such women in the current dispensation will have to bribe with money and bribe with their bodies to win any contract in Nigeria.

SAI BUHARI
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by omo9ja1(m): 11:26am On Mar 17, 2011
intersting to see all the people. I don't have to insult our dear presido Mr Gej, your party has fail us as a nation .
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by BigPhil(m): 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2011
I don't know why these GEJ supporters are delusional.There is no way GEJ will win the SE,I don't see that happening.

The truth and the momentum behind his campaign is that Nigerians knows quality when they see one,Pray how on earth will GEJ win this election when even if Buhari is not in the picture,I still don't see him beating Nuhu Ribadu.

Guys put it this way,Nigerians have had enough of this leaking umbrella.

This election is like no other,although I am based abroad,me and quite a lot of people I know was in Nigeria to register during the voters registration and will be live in Nigeria next weekend for the elections.I know quite a lot of Nigerians in the Diaspora who if they have the means will do the same.

I witnessed an incident involving Nigerians in Geneva when I went on a business trip on June last year,which nearly brought tears to my eyes.

The PDP controlled government has consistently failed to provide the enabling environment and opportunities for its citizens to fulfil their potentials and in my view is the most useless party ever

There is no place like home,and Nigerian will be saved from the hands of this klepto-patrimonial PDP.

I believe that Buhari/Bakare are the best candidates to restore hope and bring change to Nigeria and I support and will vote for BB2011
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by kokoA(m): 12:21pm On Mar 17, 2011
Nigerians, we just have to kick pdp out this time around. Enough is enough, we have been patient for 12 years and nothing to show for it.

Please apart from tribal or religious sentiments or the fact that GEJ was not born in the hospital, never wore shoe to school, never had a school bag, etc, what are really the reasons why I should vote for him? I anybody can give me concrete reasons here, I promise to get nothing less than 200 votes for him before the election. Otherwise, I will just stick to any of the other two gentlemen. Thanks.
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by agabaI23(m): 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2011
BigPhil:

I don't know why these GEJ supporters are delusional.There is no way GEJ will win the SE,I don't see that happening.

grin grin grin
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Mar 17, 2011
naijaking1:

http://www.dawodu.com/buhari.htm   ---- Lets just pick, say 5 from the list to start with . Now, are you able to respond to the original question? undecided undecided
Re: Buhari/Bakare Live On NTA by ladys1(f): 2:26pm On Mar 17, 2011
Nigerians, lets be realistic, lets keep tribalism and religion sentimant apart, Buhari is the man nigerians need for the betterment of our nation as well as the future of our children. I personally doesnt have anythng against GEJ only dat he is working under the influence of obsanjo i.e repetition of obsanjo regime. He talks wen  Baba ask him to do, eat wen pdp ask him to, sleep well Babagida ask him to, arrest pple wen pdp think the person is a threat to them. Pls my  fellow Nigerians is this the person we want to rule us again for 4 yrs, , for the pass 12 yrs, pdp as being ruling how is edo express road dat link almost all part of the state, how many youth are jobless and hw many are employed. How is the stability of water and light. I stay in abuja Garki II,  the house rent is 1.6m and the last time we had water was 2wks back, light has been on and off. Lets flash back to Buhari regime  and when he was PTDF chairman and compare it with PDP regime. The last time i went to ABU Teaching hospital the bed sheet on one of the beds reads PTDF, dat was around 1993, i compared it wit others dat was there i.e donated 2007 those ones are already looking tattered. This is a person dat was once a president and cannot boost of having a house in Abuja. Even the likes of Babagiga, Atiku, Obsanjo etc, will not want him to win because they knw dat they will roit in jail except they vomit all the money they stole. I pray god willl c us thru,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Final Election Results As Obtained From A Reliable Source / ANN "Expels" Former Chairman And Deputy, Ratify Alliance With People's Trust / List Of State Governors Not Willing To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage & Their Excuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.