Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

How Can You Tell When A Naija Girl Is Telling The Truth? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can You Tell When A Naija Girl Is Telling The Truth? (674 Views)

6 Clichè Lies Nigerian Girls Need To Stop Telling - The Herald / Sh0cking Effective Lies Women Tell When They Seriously Want S Ex (photos) / Signs That Show A Girl Is Secretly In Love With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Tell When A Naija Girl Is Telling The Truth? by charity00: 6:53pm On Mar 16, 2011
Poster named Odunna suggested asking (in regard to trying to find out if "clearance" story is true)

So how in general do you tell, or if she's just trying to get m-o-n-e-y?

Here's one for starters. Naija girl says she can't come see guy because "my dad won't let me travel overnight". (This excuse lasted for about 2 weeks)

Then she adds a sob story element: She got a call late one night (after midnight) to go a neighbor's house because her cousin had too much to drink.

When she came back, dad heard the ruckus, got up out of bed, and slapped her across the face for being out so late in the evening.

The thing is she's twenty seven years of age. 27.

And, to a person, every Nigerian who has been asked about this say that there is no way, under any circumstances would a Nigerian father ever hit his 27 year old daughter, even if she is still living under his roof. Never, ever, happen they say. Ever. shocked 16 or 17 years old, maybe. 27? Never

Is it so, so completely unheard of that a father do this that, as has been suggested repeatedly, that the Naija girl saying this automatically qualifies as a liar, and someone to be avoided?

And what else should one look out for
Re: How Can You Tell When A Naija Girl Is Telling The Truth? by ak47mann(m): 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2011
Give her a good head cool cool cool
Re: How Can You Tell When A Naija Girl Is Telling The Truth? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 16, 2011
YOU cant tell cool
Re: How Can You Tell When A Naija Girl Is Telling The Truth? by charity00: 10:15pm On Mar 16, 2011
bhusayor, do you mean to say "You CAN'T tell" or "YOU can't tell"?

I know [i]I [/i]can't tell, LOL! The question is can YOU (or any other readers) tell, based on the signs/events told in the post?

Thanks.
Re: How Can You Tell When A Naija Girl Is Telling The Truth? by ak47mann(m): 10:57pm On Mar 16, 2011
bhusayor you look soo hot mama mia tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Can You Tell When A Naija Girl Is Telling The Truth? by Mcleo007(m): 2:19pm On Mar 17, 2011
Naija gurls are gifted liars. So, i support Busayor on this.
Re: How Can You Tell When A Naija Girl Is Telling The Truth? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 17, 2011
I'm not a naija girl o angry angry angry
Re: How Can You Tell When A Naija Girl Is Telling The Truth? by charity00: 4:37pm On Mar 17, 2011
So back to the original question please. It is so impossible culturally speaking, that a Nigerian father would slap his adult daughter, that you can automatically label someone who claimed that as a liar?
Re: How Can You Tell When A Naija Girl Is Telling The Truth? by Jackieugo(f): 5:34pm On Mar 17, 2011
Mcleo007:

Again with the generalizations angry. Does that make your mom, aunty, sisters liars too?
Re: How Can You Tell When A Naija Girl Is Telling The Truth? by Mcleo007(m): 5:42pm On Mar 17, 2011
Jackieugo:

Again with the generalizations angry. Does that make your mom, aunty, sisters liars too?

Snoop Dogg once said; "every woman is a b1tch except ur mother and ur wife". Feel in d gap. When u do,u'd find that my aforesaid statement bore no 'generalisation' of any sort.
Re: How Can You Tell When A Naija Girl Is Telling The Truth? by charity00: 6:28pm On Mar 17, 2011
Quote from: Mcleo007 on Today at 02:19:40 PM

Again with the generalizations  Angry. Does that make your mom, aunty, sisters liars too?

Well if makes it easier, focus on the dad's alleged actions. Is it really impossible culturally speaking (as I have been told by several) for a Nigerian dad to strike/slap his adult daughter?

This is the "red flag" that gets brought up over and over again to say the girl in question is a liar.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Kill Or Die For Love? / Who Are Wiser? / Signs To Know If You Are Jealous Of Your Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.