Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship (5015 Views)

My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please / Etisalat Sales Girl Has Put My Relationship in Trouble / Nonverbal Communication In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by degamonn: 9:21am On Mar 04, 2010
I think you are not alone in this category. Yours is even better being an undergraduate. I am already a graduate and I think I understand English language but speaking and writing it has become a very big challenge to me. I still think yours is better because it hasn’t caused you a relationship? Mine, it has ruined my relationship with a lady.

Some times when I want to pronounce a particular word another thing entirely would come out. Let me give a typical example. Yesterday, someone greeted me and I wanted to reply and tell him “how is your day” but do you know that I ended up telling him “how was your day” when the day was not over yet. Can you imagine an abuse of tenses such as that?

I think I learnt something from those who contributed to your thread and I do hope that with time we’ll be able to catch up with those who know how to communicate effectively in this English language if only we did not relent in our effort to learn the Language.

Mind you, it is only those of us who are bold enough that are expressing our incompetence in a public forum such as naira land. They are people who are worse off than you and I, and yet see nothing wrong in it.

1 Like

Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by Youngpo413: 6:05am On Oct 24, 2014
Iman3:
I wonder what the point of a relationship is,if its success or failure is dependent on one partner's oratorical skills.

I wonder o
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by 100Cents: 10:19am On Oct 24, 2014
littlekim:
Thanks a bunch, be rest assured am going to put the advices to good use. And more advices please?

Attend audituons. Engage in discussion with your class mates. Be active in class discussions. You write well. It could be a complex issue(shy, withdrawn or anything)

Yeah, most people like using English with their partners. I would have asked if you aren't dating your tribe guy...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brothers, Come Help A Sister / I'm Always Unlucky With Girls,please Advice Me. / Every Girl Needs That One Best Friend. ***PHOTO***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.