Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,505 members, 7,954,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:38 PM

Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? (10034 Views)

When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. / This Guy Broke Up With His Abuja Girlfriend & Married A Girl From His Village / Guys, Reasons Why Break Up Might Be A Blessing In Disguise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Orton10(m): 10:07pm On Mar 21, 2011
Ok  guys, I’ve got something on my mind that has been bothering me for quite sometime now – Marriage – The Legal relationship between two spouses.

. . . . .My neighbor down the street got married last year . . .This was a guy I used to hang out with amidst a couple of friends, Jokes aside, This gee was good looking and full of life about a year ago, comfortable and NOT surviving at all.  You need to see him now guys . . . looking so haggard and unkempt and worst of all, with a Bank account In the red. . .and you know where it all went to don’t you?
The Reds had a match yesterday so I Grabbed a couple of friends and went to see him an hour earlier, The sitting room was so emtpy, I guess he sold his Home theatre and some coupla other stuffs . . . felt like shedding tears for the poor dude.  undecided

Really, I’ve been wondering, Finances aside, shouldn’t marriage make you “whole”? I mean give you peace of mind and contention??

Is Marriage a Blessing in disguise or a Bane?   . . . Na wa O!  angry
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Dsense(m): 10:44pm On Mar 21, 2011
OP.
I agree with you that marriage is meant for settlement and a medium of building another new life.
According to you friend . .I've also witnessed so many case peculiar to this of yours but it seems the mistake comes from this :
When you are married to the wrong person.   . .Not some1 you are destined to be with!!!

When you don't have plans for your new life instead, you choose to continue on you old  dirty style.

If you you are married to a SUNDANCEgrin

If you are accursed!!
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 21, 2011
Marriahe to the right one: A BLESSING!
Marriage to the wrong one: A CURSE!!!
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Beync(f): 11:10pm On Mar 21, 2011
Mariage is mearnt to bring blessings to the marrieds
but due to circumstances may be caused by us or by others,
some mariages now hapens to be a turning point for either good or bad.
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by ak47mann(m): 11:37pm On Mar 21, 2011
People should not rush into marriage is not that easy as people think never marry b4 but i hav seen marriages that didnt last up to a month undecided undecided undecided
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by 190: 11:38pm On Mar 21, 2011
where's my AK- 47 sef for this orton  undecided
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by ak47mann(m): 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2011
why AK47grin grin grin you know what ak47 can do grin grin grin
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by ak47mann(m): 11:46pm On Mar 21, 2011
As long as you got magic stick marriage or no marriage you are in control tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by 190: 11:56pm On Mar 21, 2011
I dont care about marriage

Im looking for my AK-47 for this OP orton

he knows why im looking for him
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 22, 2011
@AK47
is this really what you believe? You must be either very inexperienced with the women folks or very immature.
A good dikc will have absolutely no pulling power after a few months of banging.
Although women love to be sha.gged all the way to the promise land, they much prefer to be called WIVES (bigger org.asm) and they will leave you in a heart beat for a COMFORTABLE dude(not even half as good looking as you, no homo!) willing to marry them . . . . . . . . . Then,these women would have you and your "good dikc" as a side dish. Is being a side dish what you aspire to be in life , son?
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 22, 2011
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by ak47mann(m): 12:33am On Mar 22, 2011
mrbrownjayyyy
no offense but you sound like those married men that i see in the club chasing women grin grin grin even when  approaching a girl at the same time trying to pull his wedding ring out from his fat finger grin grin grin no offense why doing all that when you have a beauty queen at home waiting for you to come home,Thats, why they look for a good service "satisfaction"  guaranteed tongue tongue tongue
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by 190: 12:34am On Mar 22, 2011
ak47mann:

mrbrownjayyyy
no offense but you sound like those married men that i see in the club chasing women grin grin grin even when  approaching a girl at the same time trying to pull his wedding ring out from his fat finger grin grin grin no offense why doing all that when you have a beauty queen at home waiting for you to come home,Thats, why they look for a good service "satisfaction"  guaranteed tongue tongue tongue
grin grin grin
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 22, 2011
Bro AK47, so what you are saying is that you rather be the snack?!
Here is a simple clue "wannabe playa": if your dick was THAT good(and you can "control" women, you wouldn't be on NL opening childish threads, advertising and desperately seeking for coochie from faceless zombies SO pls, Get a grip over your young self, this is the internet, MR I have 20 inches cokc but can't get a damn woman. Lol!
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by HighChief4(m): 1:12am On Mar 22, 2011
Its a curse to those that are not really prepared for that life contract, its quite different from dating, otherwise marriage is a blessing
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Blazay(m): 8:56am On Mar 22, 2011
Really, I’ve been wondering, Finances aside, shouldn’t marriage make you “whole”? I mean give you peace of mind and contention??

Poor financial mangement may make or break a marriage. Even people like Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan with all the money in the world ended up with failed marriages.

Is Marriage a Blessing in disguise or a Bane?

Depends on the circumstance/s. kiss

Bottom line?
Marriage is only one factor to be considered. Emotional stability and good health are the keys to peace of mind and contention. Not marriage. If you were miserable before getting married. . . or you were mentally unstable before getting married. . .marriage would only compound the pre-existing issues. kiss

This was a guy I used to hang out with amidst a couple of friends, Jokes aside, This gee was good looking and full of life about a year ago, comfortable and[b] NOT[/b] surviving at all.  You need to see him now guys . . . looking so haggard and unkempt and worst of all, with a Bank account In the red. . .and you know where it all went to don’t you? 

No. I don't know where it all went, but I can think of a few possibilities. wink

1. Carrying ashewos all around town. grin
2. Smoking and drinking.
3. Gambling(playing kalo-kalo or cha-cha)

If he was NOT surviving prior to marriage, then why blame marriage for his woes? undecided
This guy may be 'un-well'.

Sounds like a gambling problem to me. Or alcohol/drug abuse.
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Riot5000: 9:02am On Mar 22, 2011
i suggest YOU MOVE to a neighbourhood where there are few or NO Nigerians.
The fewer you two have to deal with, the better for you.
Una people, TOO MUCH WAHALA.
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Jenifa1: 9:04am On Mar 22, 2011
depends. Your friend should have remained single because obviously, he doesn't seem matured enough for marriage.
maturity doesn't necessarily correlate with age by the way.

MRbrownJAY:

According to you friend . .I've also witnessed so many case peculiar to this of yours but it seems the mistake comes from this :
When you are married to the wrong person.   . .Not some1 you are destined to be with!!!

perfect answers.

ak47mann:

As long as you got magic stick marriage or no marriage you are in control tongue tongue tongue tongue

this one as well is obviously not matured enough for marriage.
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by softgirl1: 9:25am On Mar 22, 2011
the Bible says he who finds a wife finds a good ting and obtain favour from the Lord not misfortune. may be the ur friend has made the wrong choice i met my husband without even an okada, he was leaving in one room apartment, but today we are counting our blessings cos we now have cars house of our own in less than five yrs so @ post i don't believe ur theory
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Pweety4me(f): 9:26am On Mar 22, 2011
I heard a pastor once say 'Marriage is a prison' cheesy grin lipsrsealed

But their are steps you need to take before making that long & lasting decison/choice.
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Bawss1(m): 9:27am On Mar 22, 2011
You know what they say; When a man in single he is incomplete, when he gets married he is finished.  cheesy
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by FFA: 10:02am On Mar 22, 2011
IT DEPENDS ON WHOM U A MARRIED TO, IT CAN BE EITHER WAY, U NEED A LOT OF PATIENCE TO HANDLE MARRIAGE INSTITUTION, ITS COMPLEX
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by iyatrustee(f): 10:25am On Mar 22, 2011
Marriage is a blessing in all ramification. if you marry the right person though! your friend's case is a peculiar one i must say. Personally, my husband is more made now than he was when i was not in his life cool as for the social life, being married should not mean imprisionment. my husband and i go clubbing once in a while but he goes out with his friend very often. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by amefi(m): 10:27am On Mar 22, 2011
A blessing.
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Concept(m): 10:29am On Mar 22, 2011
The answer is simple, he might have married to the wrong person. I have experience in this, my marriage is undoubtedly a blessing.
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by ebealways: 10:45am On Mar 22, 2011
Marriage is an institution that if u are not pschological ready it may backfire, it's a place where u have to learn new things, and what ur mum thought u will be tested, it's a place where patience is a virtue, selflessness, greed, lazyness etc is prohibited, it's a place where Gods presence has to be invited from time to time, becoz of enemies of progress, a marriage that is made in heaven can goes bitter if adequate care is not taken, even a bad marriage can be good if the write thing is done at the right time, the foundation of every marriage is of utmost importance, if a roung peg is put in a square hole, there will be a calamity,in a not shell marriage should be a blessing and not a curse under normal circumstances, in under abnormal circumstances it can be a curse.
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Ayoobscom(m): 10:53am On Mar 22, 2011
If the guy had a hometheatre\appliances and all gone after the marriage-might be to several reasons.

1. due to finacial problem
2. due to high demand of the wife
3. wife unable to operate well got them spoilt one by one

comical:Mariiage supposed to be a blessing doesn't mean your wife has to be named blessing
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Tingles(m): 10:59am On Mar 22, 2011
All the married men I know tells me never to get married, I think I'm gonna follow their advice.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by rhamzus(m): 11:10am On Mar 22, 2011
marriage na long tin
For every wedding i attend, i tk a glance @ d bride nd all i see is happiness of @last i don make among d list
for d groom; i dey pity d guy, additional wahala brought home, no more me

If u r nt ready to think abt "us" nt "u" then 4gt marriage 4 now still u'r ready
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by tocdee(m): 11:23am On Mar 22, 2011
Ayoobscom:

comical:Mariiage supposed to be a blessing doesn't mean your wife has to be named blessing

Er, is this the part where we burst out laughing amidst rapturous applause?
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by jerryland: 11:36am On Mar 22, 2011
Blessing
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by r231(m): 11:37am On Mar 22, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

very true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Neighbor Has Been Acting Funny / I Decieved Her And bleeped Her Fresh Toto / I Revealed It In 2019 And It's Happening Now [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.