Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg (5700 Views)

GEJ Got carried away with power till Jan 2015 - Omojuwa / Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? / No Stable Power Till 2050 –energy Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by Beaf: 10:36am On Mar 23, 2011
9ijaMan:

Thank you o my brother. I was about to correct this misconception when I saw your post.
Nigeria, according to the GEJ led government should be having about 4,000MW (MW = Mega Watt) at the moment. This is the same as saying 4.0GW (GW = Giga Watt).

1 GW = 1000MW
So 3.3GW added to energy output in China is less than 4000MW which Nigeria has at the moment.

Beaf, just chatap ya mouth. What you don't know you ought to be quiet about. Just STFU. Where did you get such a convoluted idea from? Spend some time on the internet to research about Solar Energy and compare it with the burning of fossil fuels and hydro power plants. Do not ignorantly make stup!d statements on areas way above your knowledge level.

Lets agree you are a dunce and leave it at that. We have done this solar energy discussion numerous times on NL and in detail. That was before dunces like you whose "good morning" is a littany of swear words turned up.

Pick up your stones and follow Buhari in his lost cause of being the always present sham presidential candidate, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2011 (will be there 2015, 2019, 2023, probably as a ghost from 2027 onwards). grin
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by Beaf: 10:38am On Mar 23, 2011
Pataki:

I read the ignoramus post and I was like, this Beaf dude must be Jonathan's blood relative to be this crassly ignorant. Solar energy is not the cheapest form of energy. A simple google search would have saved him from this sheer display of rendering silly statement on the internet.

Google search?
Unlike a lot of the sawdust brain on NL, I have indept, detailed knowledge of the field. You use google, it will save your life.

One sad fact remains though. . .

The greatest pointer, is that while GEJ is inviting the private sector, true to being part of the past Nigeria is better off discarding; Buhari is planning to do the same old thing in the same old way. He plans to use FG money and keep PHCN.
Fail.

cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by efisher(m): 10:48am On Mar 23, 2011
My bad. I take that back. It is not 800 times. I didn't consider the units properly. It is about 80% of our total power generation from wind only. Anyway, it is a phenomenal achievement.

Guys, I have corrected the post. Sorry for the mistake.
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by Pataki: 10:49am On Mar 23, 2011
Beaf:

Pick up your stones and follow Buhari in his lost cause of being the always present sham presidential candidate, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2011 (will be there 2015, 2019, 2023, probably as a ghost from 2027 onwards). grin
Dunce, Buhari never contested for presidency in 1999. You are simply a mental disaster with this duplicitous idiocy of yours.

Beaf:

Google search?
Unlike a lot of the sawdust brain on NL, I have indept, detailed knowledge of the field. You use google, it will save your life.
Actually I do use google search engine. It has further enriched my knowledge on various subject matter. However on this subject of energy and power generation, sorry doofus, you and I are not equals. And it is best you sit down and read when pundits talk on this matter rather than you displaying your infantile intelligence on a subject matter far beyond your acumen not now, or even in years to come.
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by Beaf: 10:58am On Mar 23, 2011
Pataki:

Dunce, Buhari never contested for presidency in 1999. You are simply a mental disaster with this duplicitous idiocy of yours.

Ok:

Pick up your stones and follow Buhari in his lost cause of being the always present sham presidential candidate, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2011 (will be there 2015, 2019, 2023, probably as a ghost from 2027 onwards).

. . .Still looks veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerry bad. grin grin grin grin grin

Pataki:

Actually I do use google search engine. It has further enriched my knowledge on various subject matter. However on this subject of energy and power generation, sorry doofus, you and I are not equals. And it is best you sit down and read when pundits talk on this matter rather than you displaying your infantile intelligence on a subject matter far beyond your acumen not now, or even in years to come.

Yeah, keep educating yourself with google. You never know, it might actually teach you to be a medical doctor, lawyer or astrophysicist; hell, it could make you an energy generation guru. LOL!
Pick up your stones and follow Buhari, no brain cells needed. Expired man and expired followers.

Unu go take foolishness wound pesin for NL o!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by Rhino5dm: 11:15am On Mar 23, 2011
you no well grin grin grin

Nna see yabis. Dude!. No matter what GEJ is paying you, you really worth it.

i don laff tire.

Beaf:

Ok:

. . .Still looks veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerry bad. grin grin grin grin grin

Yeah, keep educating yourself with google. You never know, it might actually teach you to be a medical doctor, lawyer or astrophysicist; hell, it could make you an energy generation guru. LOL!
Pick up your stones and follow Buhari, no brain cells needed. Expired man and expired followers.

Unu go take foolishness wound pesin for NL o!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 23, 2011
Buhari Can Never Rule Us
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by ideylaff: 11:35am On Mar 23, 2011
The amount of time, promises and seminars all d Stakeholders have spent over this PAWA issue could have bn used to solve the problem.

No need 4 all ds pawa seminars anymore, action is needed

D' people leading us a clueless, "biometric election in 2011" na so world hard reach,

Na so soso parastatals renaming, Pawa holding, Pawa Leaving, Pawa Grabbing, Pawa Moving, .wetin, den swear for ds country niii or wetin, sad

Ds is awa chance to tell them we are tired of all ds lies,

Put the right people in place, set guidelines and give time-lines 4 milestones, SIMPLE,

GEJ, wake up and smell ds gaddeem coffee, ur are getting 2 comfortable,

Not  saying the others are any better, but I think Pen den People Party are just in a comfort zone that does not seem right for the Polity/Country as a whole. LIES LIES LIES,

Let's change IT now, 2 see the other side of the coin, Haba Wetin

We nor dey follow blindly anymore

nuff is enuff.  
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by Vigilante: 11:56am On Mar 23, 2011
@ Beaf - did you learn to swear and curse in school?  Damn!!!!.  You are good at it bro.
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by omanzo02: 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2011
Not only by mere talking and comparison of Nigeria with other countries, one question I have for u guys is, when did  Nigeria started having an articulated/ground  plan for power plant construction?, for those of u who are farmiliar with phasing (planning, sourcing, contracting, execution and delivery), is it an overnight groundwork?.
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by sleekman(m): 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2011
what's all dis bruhaha about uninterrupted power in 2015 or 2019? Y have u allowed urselves to be blinded by GEJ & thieves of 40. The current power capacity in d country is 6600+MW. As @ 1999 d capacity was 5000+ coupled with d newly installed IPPs. Buhari asked a question @ d debates. Between 1999 and now d installed power capacity increased by about 1000MW to 1500MW with $16billion spent thus far. What happened? For your information Buhari had d most realistic answer @ d debates & I guess dat came from being there himself. He said he will make sure dat d existing power stations operate @ an optimum. Isn't it clear dat d PDP is playing politics with human lives. Beneath is a link to a Central bank publication. It is clear dat d power stations are operating @ about 25-40%. We can achieve fairly stable power if d power stations are running @ optimization. Buhari's problem @ d debates was he wasn't so audible but he had solutions to all d problems. For example he astonished everyone when he said there was nothing wrong with d current educational system except dat of funding. Is there anyone here dat will tell me if corruption, indiscipline & funding is tackled in d educational sector, there wouldn't be drastic improvements. U all need 2 go on youtube & hear him 4 urselves & conclude if he gave d most trustworthy & realistic answers.

www.cenbank.org/out/Publications/occasionalpapers/rd/2001/Owe-01-3.PDF
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by 1025: 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2011
the occultic powers of this world don't go to places where there is light. fanni kayode told a court in nigeria that the air mis-harps that were experinced in nigeria under obasanjo were arranged by the blood thirsty occultic groups.
obasanjo promise six months in office but cld not in 8 yrs. jonathan declared emergency in the power sector and my friend told me in confidence that by august last yr, everything will be done. jonathan promised 2012 and now 2015.
as long as it is this same ppl, 3015, we will not have light.
give jonathan 3 months and ask him again, he will tell u 2018. they are in the game of buying time. the only realistic business in our governance is stealing.
under pdp, officials turn to billonaires over night but projects that will benefit the masses take 50 yrs.
a govt that is not even ready to pay N18,000 minimum wage to the poor masses while the senators take home N15.9m monthly is devilish.
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by emekagh(m): 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2011
blacksta:

All these promises - All we want is constant electricity - The most important factor is how GEJ proposes to achieve this target without a clear road map this would be another promise added to the heap failed to actualise PROMISES PIT,  I want loose sleep over this matter but i suspect it is just another election jingles.

This is not entirely correct. GEJ has present a comprehensive power roadmap. See link below:

http://www.channelstv.com/global/news_details.php?nid=22006&cat=Local

The good thing about his power road map is the deviation from the old practice of past regimes. It would be recalled that the regime of Obj spent billions of tax payers money in his corruption ridden effort at solving the power problem.

Goodluck Road Map which fulcrum is the private sector is the best bet at solving the problem. Getting the private sector to invest in power in difficult because of the capital intensive nature of power generation, distribution and transmission.

Any presidential candidate that promises to solve the power problem in 2-3 years is simply making empty promises. Declaring emergency on the power problem sounds romantic. But in the end it will be an avenue for people in power to enrich themselves, as checks and balances in emergency situation is close to none existence. GEJ is wise in jettisoning that idea, as he is also smart in preferring the private sector driven growth to government initiated ones.

Goodluck has provide the answer to the power problem, it left for the private sectors, and international investors to take the bait as they did with GSM.
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by Beaf: 1:26pm On Mar 23, 2011
^
. . .Which they have done. So far, for 2011, there is a lineup of $20billion investment already; this is double the minimum amount of $10billion Nigeria is projected to need annually to sort the power issue. We are already potentially way above the minimum. Way to go!
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:34pm On Mar 23, 2011
^^@Beaf. I swear if you don't hook me up with GEJ Campaign Train Sharp-Sharp, na me and u after school-hours, Back-gate, bare-knuckles, oya naaah! angry How can you be jollofing all the money by yourself angry
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by emekagh(m): 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2011
sleekman:

what's all dis bruhaha about uninterrupted power in 2015 or 2019? Y have u allowed urselves to be blinded by GEJ & thieves of 40. The current power capacity in d country is 6600+MW. As @ 1999 d capacity was 5000+ coupled with d newly installed IPPs. Buhari asked a question @ d debates. Between 1999 and now d installed power capacity increased by about 1000MW to 1500MW with $16billion spent thus far. What happened? For your information Buhari had d most realistic answer @ d debates & I guess dat came from being there himself. He said he will make sure dat d existing power stations operate @ an optimum. Isn't it clear dat d PDP is playing politics with human lives. Beneath is a link to a Central bank publication. It is clear dat d power stations are operating @ about 25-40%. We can achieve fairly stable power if d power stations are running @ optimization. Buhari's problem @ d debates was he wasn't so audible but he had solutions to all d problems. For example he astonished everyone when he said there was nothing wrong with d current educational system except dat of funding. Is there anyone here dat will tell me if corruption, indiscipline & funding is tackled in d educational sector, there wouldn't be drastic improvements. U all need 2 go on youtube & hear him 4 urselves & conclude if he gave d most trustworthy & realistic answers.

www.cenbank.org/out/Publications/occasionalpapers/rd/2001/Owe-01-3.PDF

Whether General Buhari was coherent or not is not the issue. The issue here is his plan. Buhari  government cannot do jack about the technical problem of a private company. Most power stations complain of inadequate gas supply. The GEJ has done extensive work on getting gas to them. Those who follow closely the issue of the power sector will realise that the issue of availability of gas has been roundly dealt with. Nowadays, there is abundant supply of gas.

Now the GEJ government masterstroke of handing-over power stations to private sector is the best development in the power problem solutions. Anyone who ignores or belittles it, is simply playing the politics of ignorance. On the basis of power sector reform and privatisation of PHCN, Buhari plan is dead on arrival.

For the private sectors to make meaning turnover on their power investment, it is their responsibility to not only reach their installed generating capacity but also to increase, not the job of the government.

Government is continuous entity. The only way General Buhari plan will work is if he dismantles the GEJ power reform program, nationalise the power station, so that he can pump more billions of dollar into improving their capacity. In my own opinion, only an clueless president will even contemplate that.

Politics aside, the best way to resolve the power issue is via the private sector. We should therefore give Kudos to the Goodluck team in this area. General Buhari's plan to improve capacity of a private power company is nonsensical, and show his level of disconnect from the problem he plans to solve. He is not thinking ahead. He is still living in the past. Someone should tell him this is not the 80s.
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by ektbear: 1:48pm On Mar 23, 2011
@Beaf: Jensinmi and others are correct. Solar energy is not a viable solution for large-scale energy needs in Nigeria. You pay too much money per unit of electricity generated.

Natural gas (SS), coal (SE, Kogi), hydro (NW) make more sense.
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by ektbear: 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2011
emeka_gh:

Whether the General was coherent of not is not the issue. The issue here is his plan. Buhari  government cannot do jack about the technical problem of a private company. Most of the power stations complain of inadequate gas. The GEJ has done extensive work on getting gas to the power stations. Those who follow closely issue in the power sector will realise that the issue of availability of gas has been roundly dealt with.
No, this is false. The government mandates (through MYTO) that electricity is sold for $0.04 per kWH in Nigeria. It costs roughly $0.10 per kWh to generate the electricity from natural gas.

As a result, there is no interest in supplying natural gas beyond what the federal government subsidies (I cannot remember off the top of my head exactly how much subsidized NG the FG supplies.)

So supply is still an issue, until the government lets the price of electricity charged to the end consumer float (more) naturally.
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by efisher(m): 2:03pm On Mar 23, 2011
Solar is not too attractive for Nigeria and it is one of the most expensive options. Wind is also expensive to develop. We can thrive well if we do more with gas and coal. Coal has environmental issues but at this level of Nigeria's development, we can still use coal. China is adding capacity at an astronomical rate from coal plants. I will look for the actual figures and verify them before posting. Plus some charts to make these points really clear.
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by emekagh(m): 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

No, this is false. The government mandates (through MYTO) that electricity is sold for $0.04 per kWH in Nigeria. It costs roughly $0.10 per kWh to generate the electricity from natural gas.

As a result, there is no interest in supplying natural gas beyond what the federal government subsidies (I cannot remember off the top of my head exactly how much subsidized NG the FG supplies.)

So supply is still an issue, until the government lets the price of electricity charged to the end consumer float (more) naturally.

The issue of cost, as it affect supply is a critical one. Like you mentioned, there may still be challenges in supply. But by saying it has been roundly dealt, I am not entirely wrong. Critics of the GEJ government often lie that he is clueless. How is this coming from a clueless man?

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-unveils-gas-agenda-for-power-industrialisation-thursday/88206/

GEJ is hardworking man, who is positioning the country for great height. Trying hard to undo all the malaise of the previous regime. The Gas Master Plan is another master stroke from the man of luck. His critics will pretend it never happened. That is often the problem.

We cannot afford to grind to halt or go back. GEJ is the man with the plans. He is the way forward.
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Mar 23, 2011
9ijaMan:

Thank you o my brother. I was about to correct this misconception when I saw your post.
Nigeria, according to the GEJ led government should be having about 4,000MW (MW = Mega Watt) at the moment. This is the same as saying 4.0GW (GW = Giga Watt).

1 GW = 1000MW
So 3.3GW added to energy output in China is less than 4000MW which Nigeria has at the moment.

Nigeria has never produced 4000MW of electricity, according to a release last month. It is still trying to reach that something in the future. I believe the last average was at 3800MW
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by ektbear: 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2011
emeka_gh:

The issue of cost, as it affect supply is a critical one. Like you mentioned, there may still be challenges in supply. But by saying it has been roundly dealt, I am not entirely wrong.
My point is that it HASN'T been dealt with. Whether privatized, federal government run, etc, etc. . . electricity will not work in Nigeria until people can make profit doing it. Who wants to sell electricity at a loss? Who wants to sell something that costs 10 cents for 4 cents? Whether private business or government owned, nobody is going to be happy doing that.

I want it to be privatized. But that won't help unless this issue of making it profitable is solved.

Government owned but profitable >>> Privatized but operating at a loss. Of course, the best would be privatized but profitable.
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by 9ijaMan: 2:51pm On Mar 23, 2011
Beaf:

Lets agree you are a dunce and leave it at that. We have done this solar energy discussion numerous times on NL and in detail. That was before dunces like you whose "good morning" is a littany of swear words turned up.

I've always told you that your folks should have simply set ablaze the hard earned cash they spent on your education, 'cos it's ever more obvious that you wasted the years spent on getting educated. Now I understand clearly why Buhari said we need to establish technical school, for surely such places are meant for hammerheads like you. Unfortunately your poor folks have been fooled by you to still assume they have a child who's seen the four walls of a higher institution.

If the contest on NL were to be about curses and abuses, you probably will not lag behind as some have alluded already. Unfortunately, the issue of power is far beyond what a twonk like you can ever comprehend.

For emphasis, the cost of solar power generation on a large scale in Nigeria will dwarf the cost of producing the same amount of energy using fossil fuels and/or hydro energy. Anyways, how do I blame you? If a PhD wielding president is unable to explain the meaning of a simple term such as job security, how can Beaf have a clue about energy generation.
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by Abayomin70(m): 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2011
am modafuking tired of dis useless country
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by dayokanu(m): 4:25pm On Mar 23, 2011
The clueless Mumu at it again
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by JUO(m): 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2011
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by SSaemoenl(m): 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2011
Then, whenever he made such a comment,someone should ask him if he had consulted them to come up with that date. I never buys their comment cry
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by poweredcom(m): 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2011
Balderdash, Nigersia is in Big soup, We keep counting 5 steps backward,
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by fatherab1: 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2011
I PITY NIGERIA,

if after these long tortous years of PDP misrule, some youths are still trying to convince the rest of us to vote pdp back into power with many analysis,
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by 1025: 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2011
i will suggest that people here stop disturbing themselves with all these calculations. what happened to the other contracts awarded in respect to this power project? who gave the contracts and to whom? how much is involved and how much has been recovered? is it not obvious that all those behind the bogus contracts are still arround enjoying their loots and moving along well with jonathan? roadmap and seamap are all grammatical issues. how many committees have been formed in nigeria with a good ending?
all these are the same good old stories. if pdp give us light, what will they use to campiegn next time?
it has been their promise since inception.
give these ppl till 3015, there will be no light.
what happened to the winding up of phcn?
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by mrofficial(m): 7:21pm On Mar 23, 2011
People Deceiving People. Power Drunk People.

---
Opinion poll: http://www.nigerianopinion.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=114
Re: No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg by manny4life(m): 7:39pm On Mar 23, 2011
I have to agree with @jensinmi, his figures are near accurate.

Solar power is the most expensive form of green energy now, his $6billion analysis is accurate. That translates to about $6,000 per watt. Although I do not recommend coal, there are greener sources to go about; however, mini hydro energy should solve most of the power problems.

Someone mentioned 4,000MW isn't enough to power an industrial park in China, Huh? come again? Do you have any idea what 4,000MW is? How much energy are this industries in the park using? Assuming each industry is using an average of 50MW by the hour, which is way impossible except if it's power hungry high capacity manufacturing firms, you would have 80 industries in this park. Please tell me what kinda of possibility is this?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Roads Get Flooded Again! / Chukwumerije Hails Osun’s Education Policies. / Can We Give Buhari A Try?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.