Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,945 members, 7,956,564 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:07 PM

Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. (31391 Views)

Breaking News: The Female Trekker Of GEJ To Join Her Partner Tommorow[see PICS] / State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - / The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by GAR3TH(m): 12:58am On Mar 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Let me correct you there. The trains you have there are from the 1970's/80's. We are in the year 2010 buying Trains built in the 1970's when we could have easily spent that money on MORE IMPROVED and faster locomotives. So, he is right -- there is a problem spending BILLIONS OF NAIRA in the year 2010, to purchase Locomotives made back in the1970's for our mass transit bus.

We do not have unlimited resources that we spend that amount on building old ideas when we have so many new and improved ideas on what it could be BETTER used for. Imagine if Lagos State spent instead $10 billion in the next 15 years building 1980's ideas of the rail system, would you be here hooraying and hoorahing too?
'

Didn't we have this discussion before. . .a locomotive is a locomotive and its based on certain principles. A locomotive is different from monorails, mass tranist trams, maglev, light rails etc. yes all those I mentioned are trains but they are all different and CANT BE COMPARED TO EACH OTHER. you cant compare a monorail to a light rail, or a locomotive to a maglev, they both are based on different systems and for different uses.

just like you cant compare a sedan to a truck/lorry even though they are bought vehicles. it does matter what year its made in a lorry will look like a lorry and a sedan will look like a sedan. . .because they are two different things.

Sorry to say just like the other argument we had on the same topic, you dont know what your talking about. . . .
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by Jen33(m): 1:03am On Mar 24, 2011
Justcash wrote:

Beautiful development. Even if the trains are crawling like snails at the moment, and being pounded by noise, it can only get better and not worse. GEJ has done a good job by making the trains work. He should do more.
However, what I perceive more is that this is a political masterstroke. Rivers state, Enugu state and Abuja are all developing light rail transport systems, and they are all governed by PDP politicians. Lagos is doing same under an ACN leadership. We pray and hope that this is a sign that PDP is gradually changing for good. May God Help us.

My theory is that PDP have been around long enough, and chopped money long enough to now say ok, let's get down to work. This is why we need them to stay on. The last thing we need is a fresh set of empty pockets waiting to be filled. Those ones will simply put a halt to all ongoing projects, begin to ''probe'' this or that person or project, all just so they can renegotiate/resign contracts and start new projects that they can chop from.

So please let PDP stay on biko!  undecided
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by semid4lyfe(m): 1:11am On Mar 24, 2011
Good news. . . .

Bravo GEJ!!! cool
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by Princek12(m): 1:20am On Mar 24, 2011
our passenger railway cannot be efficient unless our electricity problem is solved. locomotive may work for cargo rail, but will it work for passenger rail? I doubt it.
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by EnuguUkwu: 1:27am On Mar 24, 2011
^^^

why not? most part os the world still use locomotive. Dont confuse locomotive with coal.

These trains are diesel powered locomotives. why wont they work?
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by gernded(m): 1:36am On Mar 24, 2011
i thought it was a joke when MUSA/GEJ said that the rail system will work , i attacked their statement because i never see them as serious govt due to OBJ era is still in my system, not i can see and believe .

GEJ IS A MESSIAH NIGERIA HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by GAR3TH(m): 1:43am On Mar 24, 2011
OBJ administration was the one who commenced the rail rehabilitation scheme and not GEJ, Yar'adua to put off the Lagos-Abuja railway project based on abused of due process. But later the project went back on track. . .I think its wrong to give GEJ credit since he had nothing to do with it.
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by 197(f): 1:59am On Mar 24, 2011
[size=18pt]I KNOW AGBERO Would certainly take over these trains

and start charging

MUSHIN MUSHIN TWENTY TWENTY NAIRA NO LOAD

FIFTY FIFTY NAIRA FULL LOAD

nothing good can come out from lagos undecided
[/size]
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by ektbear: 2:14am On Mar 24, 2011

17:39 pm: Seven hours and 24 minutes after it left Lagos, the train arrives at the Ibadan railway station

12:48pm: Three hours into the journey, train leaves Itori station for Abeokuta. There had been stops at every station along the way.

13:00pm: Train stops at the popular Wasinmi railway station. Excited townspeople trooped to the station to catch sight of the train

13:50pm: Train now at the Aro railway station, Abeokuta. There is a functional Nigerian Railways Corporation residential quarters here, with many staff of the corporation still living there

7.5 hours from Lagos to Ibadan? undecided 4 hours from Lagos to Abeokuta?

Toooo slow sad sad sad
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by Jen33(m): 2:38am On Mar 24, 2011
^^Ol boy it was the maiden voyage. Chillax.

It goes a lot quicker than:

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by naijasing(f): 2:53am On Mar 24, 2011
good  smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by whiteroses(f): 3:10am On Mar 24, 2011
at least students and peeops dieng on road accident like fowl would reduce
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by DisGuy: 3:16am On Mar 24, 2011
Jen33:

Justcash wrote:

My theory is that PDP have been around long enough, and chopped money long enough to now say ok, let's get down to work. This is why we need them to stay on. The last thing we need is a fresh set of empty pockets waiting to be filled. Those ones will simply put a halt to all ongoing projects, begin to ''probe'' this or that person or project, all just so they can renegotiate/resign contracts and start new projects that they can chop from.

with theories like yours i say GOD HELP US O imagine, only in naija!

when i start my own company i will only employ fat obese people like dame jonathan, that way i can be rest assured she wont steal as she is already well fed, o critical
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by ektbear: 3:23am On Mar 24, 2011
^-- Sometimes the way people reason makes me wonder. . .
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by mamagee3(f): 3:30am On Mar 24, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- Sometimes the way people reason makes me wonder. . .
And keep wondering. . .
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by jensinmi(m): 3:44am On Mar 24, 2011
Jen33:

Is this poster for real  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Let me tell you one of the basic principles of the UNIVERSE.

There are few things that are never enough - MONEY is the chief of them all.
If Bill Gates has not said he has too much money, then it is best you know that people in PDP won't feel they have "stolen" enough money.

NOBODY, AND I REPEAT NOBODY, EVER HAS "ENOUGH" MONEY.
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by eghost247(m): 4:02am On Mar 24, 2011
Critics take a chill pill we will get there
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by 9ja4eva: 4:39am On Mar 24, 2011
Good News.

I hope they improve on that and maintain it.

Just said it to the hearing of my Cameroonian friend who turned and told me she prays the train doesn't get to her Country so as to avoid thieves from Nigeria.Just messed up my mood
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by Gbenge77(m): 6:56am On Mar 24, 2011
we shall have to wait
and see
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by OrisaNikk(m): 7:36am On Mar 24, 2011
Its really Good to hear about the Railway, Nigeria is getting better but we still need to improve on our technology, we are advancing slowly
Orisa
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by beeman80: 8:24am On Mar 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Yes, let's praise Yar adua  will be happy in his grave that he was able to accomplish this, even for all the money he spent on it.

RIP YAR ADUA --- Come to think of it. This is one of the only things the man has to his 12 Years political record too. I mean come on. 8 years as governor of katsina -- nothing worth writing home about. 3 years as President -- not much accomplished at all -- not until a year after his death do we now see anything remotely ok from him ( the billion dollars in cost is still not something to right home about). I hope his Children will at least be proud that he did this one for them.  grin grin cheesy grin
My dear how is someone with very good will suposed to perform amidst very corrupt people?You can never know how hard it is until u get there.Yar adua meant well.
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 24, 2011
Jen33:

Is it just me or is there something about this picture that makes you say, ''Yes, this country has a future. This country can actually work.''smiley
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by otokx(m): 9:36am On Mar 24, 2011
Cheap propaganda; none of the monorail projects are anywhere near complete and will end up being a white elephant project. Truth be told 10 years from now we will still be saying the same thing about this rail stuff.
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by strangest(m): 9:37am On Mar 24, 2011
WHAT OF THEIR STAFF, HAS THEY BEEN PAID THEIR SALARIES YET   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by eghost247(m): 9:46am On Mar 24, 2011
otokx:

Cheap propaganda; none of the monorail projects are anywhere near complete and will end up being a white elephant project. Truth be told 10 years from now we will still be saying the same thing about this rail stuff.
we will get there
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by texazzpete(m): 9:59am On Mar 24, 2011
See shameless people trying to allocate everything to GEJ.
Why shout down Kobojunkie? If this was Yar'Adua's baby you must give credit to where it is due. This is how adverts I see on TV these days are giving GEJ credit for the Amnesty programme that was effected under his predecessor. Na wa o!

Nigerians will always be slaves because they are easily satisfied with crumbs. These crumbs from the poisonous PDP cannot sate our call for accountability and good governance!

When some of you grow up and start paying taxes you will learn to demand more from your leaders.
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by johnie: 10:00am On Mar 24, 2011
Can one of those who want us to believe that everything is perfect outside Nigeria, particularly the US of A, please explain to this man why a pothole almost swallowed his vehicle considering the fact that he pays his tax!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/cleveland-wews-20910953/superior-sinkhole-24635312;_ylt=AihCpR00GaKFe3I3jQ257Liz174F;_ylu=X3oDMTExYnUzOTZvBHBvcwMyNQRzZWMDY2xpcHMEc2xrA3N1cGVyaW9yc2luaw--

Okay, now I get it.

It is the PDP/ACN government or the Nigerian governor/mayor that has 'chopped' the money along with the nigerian contractor who constructed the road.

cheesy grin

Funny, its is the same Ohio where those locomotives came from!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYK2ROrFazU

grin grin
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by Pharoh: 10:06am On Mar 24, 2011
otokx:

Cheap propaganda; none of the [b]monorail projects [/b]are anywhere near complete and will end up being a white elephant project. Truth be told 10 years from now we will still be saying the same thing about this rail stuff.

Do you know why those projects are facing some form of difficulties?.
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by ifyalways(f): 10:10am On Mar 24, 2011
I don't understand all the hype in this thread,nothing is new here . . .atleast not YET.  undecided
The only thing that looks new is distance covered;as much as I can remember trains have been operating within Lagos,twice daily as a matter of fact so the new thing is plying Lagos to Ibadan.
It also looks like the old trains got a good rub down,re-sprayed or something,did they get new ones  undecided
Lagos to Ibadan for 8 hours  shocked,Thanks but i wud rather go with a Molue,4 hours maximum.

What we lack is maintenance and accountability.
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Let me correct you there. The trains you have there are from the 1970's/80's. We are in the year 2010 buying Trains built in the 1970's when we could have easily spent that money on MORE IMPROVED and faster locomotives. So, he is right -- there is a problem spending BILLIONS OF NAIRA in the year 2010, to purchase Locomotives made back in the1970's for our mass transit bus.

We do not have unlimited resources that we spend that amount on building old ideas when we have so many new and improved ideas on what it could be BETTER used for. Imagine if Lagos State spent instead $10 billion in the next 15 years building 1980's ideas of the rail system, would you be here hooraying and hoorahing too?
Yeah I totally agree with you,we should do away with all expired and outdated stuff like even the dictator BUHARI!!!
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by otokx(m): 10:14am On Mar 24, 2011
They are facing difficulties because of the politicians; take for instance the one near me. How can you award such a high technology and expensive project to a company owned by a former soldier named Anthony Ukpo? He was a former military ad i suppose. The project seems to have run underground now; it appears of course that government may not have released funds now they want to get another company from South Africa to take it over and convert it to a public private partnership.

Do you guys know the billions that been sunk there? The whole thing is fast becoming another TINAPA
Re: Breaking News - The Nigerian Railway Is Back For Good. by johnie: 10:15am On Mar 24, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit / If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay / "Stone Us, If We Fail After 2 Years" – Nigerians Remember APC Chieftain Promises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.