Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid (2100 Views)

She Wants Me To Marry A Second Wife Barely 2 Months After Our Introduction / My Fiancee Went To NYSC And Changed / Few Months To Our Introduction And I Fear She Is Cheating On Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by Meldrick(m): 5:01pm On Mar 23, 2011
I really don't know where to start but I know people are wicked and deceitful.
I have dated this lady for a year and we both agreed it was time to take the next step. December 25th was the day I officially met my fiancee's mum and she welcomed me with some of her friends. They cooked for myself and two of my friends that followed me there. We were all happy and the date for the Introduction was fixed for April 23rd since her other children will be around and my fiancee was supposed to have written her last papers in the University.
My fiancee's parents are separated.
Throughout when I met my fiancee, I took over her schooling, clothing, hairdo and everything that concerns her because I felt pity for the mother who was just a primary school headmistress and she was always sick as a result of high blood pressure. I saw nothing wrong in taking care of the lady I want to marry.
At some point, I send money to her mum and siblings. The sister in school also ask for assistance which I render.
My fiancee finished her last paper in the middle of February. She had been doing a part time course in LASU

Just last week the mother started singing a new song. She stopped picking my calls and she told the daughter we can't get married because she went to find out from some pastors and they claimed if we get married, our marriage will be characterized with sicknesses and tears. I went with some elders to see this woman and she said over her dead body.

My people I was shocked when my supposed fiancee told me her mother wanted her to marry her ex-boyfriend. I realized the guy has become rich and was informed he gave her mother 100,000 naira to finish her building. My fiancee cried her eyes out but just yesterday, my fiancee told me she was going to see the guys family.
I was amazed. After all I've done for you even paying your school fees changing your hairdo every two weeks, recharge her fone. She said she can't go against her mum's wish. I called the dad whom I have just met once. I explained evrything and he told me if his daughter supports me, he will give his blessings to us. I told my fiancee expecting she will call the dad on this issue but till now I see she is reluctant. I find it difficult to accept the truth after all her tears but Iam scared to admit she is also accepting the mum's decision. She calls me and even passed the night in my house yesterday night making me believe she is still with me. She told me she is praying about it but she's going to see the other guy's mum over the weekend.

In my heart, I said Women and Money. They bury their conscience at the sight of money. After a very long time, I saw myself weeping behind closed doors.
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by obowunmi(m): 6:01pm On Mar 23, 2011
Meldrick:

I have dated this lady for a year and we both agreed it was time to take the next step. December 25th was the day I officially met my fiancee's mum and she welcomed me with some of her friends. They cooked for myself and two of my friends that followed me there. We were all happy and the date for the Introduction was fixed for April 23rd since her other children will be around and my fiancee was supposed to have written her last papers in the University.
Throughout when I met my fiancee, I took over her schooling, clothing, hairdo and everything that concerns her because I felt pity for the mother who was just a primary school headmistress and she was always sick as a result of high blood pressure. I saw nothing wrong in taking care of the lady I want to marry.
At some point, I send money to her mum and siblings. The sister in school also ask for assistance which I render.
My fiancee finished her last paper in the middle of February. She had been doing a part time course in LASU

Just last week the mother started singing a new song. She stopped picking my calls and she told the daughter we can't get married because she went to find out from some pastors and they claimed if we get married, our marriage will be characterized with sicknesses and tears. I went with some elders to see this woman and she said over her dead body.

My people I was shocked when my supposed fiancee told me her mother wanted her to marry her ex-boyfriend. I realized the guy has become rich and was informed he gave her mother 100,000 naira to finish her building. My fiancee cried her eyes out but just yesterday, my fiancee told me she was going to see the guys family.
I was amazed. After all I've done for you even paying your school fees changing your hairdo every two weeks, recharge her fone. She said she can't go against her mum's wish. I called the dad whom I have just met once. I explained evrything and he told me if his daughter supports me, he will give his blessings to us. I told my fiancee expecting she will call the dad on this issue but till now I see she is reluctant. I find it difficult to accept the truth after all her tears but Iam scared to admit she is also accepting the mum's decision. She calls me and even passed the night in my house yesterday night making me believe she is still with me. She told me she is praying about it but she's going to see the other guy's mum over the weekend.

In my heart, I said Women and Money. They bury their conscience at the sight of money. After a very long time, I saw myself weeping behind closed doors.

Let these bitches gooo ----- you should be Thankful to Jehovah God that you did not marry this hungry money devourer ---- imagine if you got married and she left you with 4 kids for her new rich man --- let her go! Abeg, she's not worth your time or tears! Foolish women.

1 Like

Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by obowunmi(m): 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2011
All these Pastors sef ---- look, no Pastor can choose your husband or wife --- you decide, you choose, because when wahala comes now, it is you that will live with the person.

Spare yourself the pain and let them go. Good luck! Good women are hard to find but I know that you will find someone who will be a good wife and treat you well.
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by 197(f): 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2011
Such a pity

This is one of the problems nigeria is facing today

Family choosing for them kids esp putting pastors rite at the middle of everything

SMH:: ex boyfriend,

Thank Gawd 4 my family sha
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2011
Meldrick:

never take responsiblity to act like parent when you are not married they used you and you thought taking over responsiblity is showing love yes to certain extend but have you ever wonder how they managed before you ?

1 Like

Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by jaybee3(m): 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2011
Someone willing to break your relationship because of pastor said is probably not your wife.
Although it's sad that it took this long for the truth to come out but you gotta be counting your lucky stars. Every disappointment is indeed always a blessing
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by 197(f): 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2011
jay bee:

Someone willing to break your relationship because of pastor said is probably not your wife.
Although it's sad that it took this long for the truth to come out but you gotta be counting your lucky stars. Every disappointment is indeed always a blessing
cool cool cool
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2011
@poster
May I ask, did YOUR parents met any of her family? Why didn't you go with your parents to the intro?
Don't blame it all on greed, blame it on religion too and the fact that you were gonna marry someone that wasn't 150% on your side. You were a mean to an end.
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by chamber2(m): 8:25pm On Mar 23, 2011
This is painful dear.Even though I am currently doing the same thing to a lady i met some 3 yrs ago.In my case,i asked her clearly b4 we started dating if her mum or any one would object to our relationship and she said NO and that she follows her mind,but within me i know women are not predictable.My mind is set for the BEST or WORST,especially now that I am not in the country.I have told her about marriage and she said yes,anytime I am ready that she is ready too.But money never dey.

@OP pls take it easy,God is in control.My ex went for NYSC and never returned,despite that we dated for 4yrs.I wrote my exams and wrote hers for good 4yrs and so many other things i did for her.But her new found lover later dumped her,now she is calling again.God has a purpose for everything.In as much as you are still alive,the best is yet to come.
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by 677ano(m): 4:18am On Mar 24, 2011
This is quite interesting you have only succeeded in training the woman for another man
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by ektbear: 8:36am On Mar 24, 2011
That is a very sad story. Why is the mother selling her daughter off like a cow, anyway

Never really heard about this type of stuff before in naija.
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by Meldrick(m): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2011
677ano:

This is quite interesting you have only succeeded in training the woman for another man
Your statement is harsh but I have no choice but to painfully admit it is true.
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by Meldrick(m): 9:34am On Mar 24, 2011
The painful thing is that recently I even sent something to the mum and she called the following day to say thanks not knowing she was just waiting for the daughter to round up. I was dissappointed in this woman. Lost her integrity and traded it for money.
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by born2boink(m): 9:41am On Mar 24, 2011
it is always duty of men taking care of women responsibility and may eventually not marrying them because if you don't,someone might but one things you should observe was givers never lack or did you lack. Though it may be disappointing but women are always unpredictable and they don't care about what you did in the past but what they want now, they have little brain compare to men but if you are meant to be, you will surely be but if you are not meant to be, even though you become the richest man in the world, you will eventually lose her,
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by Arosa(m): 10:35am On Mar 24, 2011
Op, God will provide the best wife for you soon. just believe.
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by GboyegaD(m): 11:07am On Mar 24, 2011
Well, since she has chosen to follow the mum's bidding despite her father's willingness to support then, she is as greedy as the mum lipsrsealed.
But did you ever bother asking what led to her parent's separation?
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by KAYD007(m): 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ poster.

though its painful,move on she doesn't deserve u. she's not the the kind of woman u can rely on.she simply doesn't have a mind of her own.

---ooh woman thy name is frailty,

angrywhere d heck is mama CHIMA make she come defend her kind oo
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by Tosinville(m): 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2011
Nigerian women and money?¿¿ no be small thing o!
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by KAYD007(m): 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2011
@born2fu.ck
it is always duty of men taking care of women responsibility and may eventually not marrying them because if you don't,someone might but one things you should observe was givers never lack or did you lack. Though it may be disappointing but women are always unpredictable and they don't care about what you did in the past but what they want now, they have little brain compare to men but if you are meant to be, you will surely be but if you are not meant to be, even though you become the richest man in the world, you will eventually lose her,

in actual fact, u re actually sayin,

the same way your prick is wired to always & always embrace pu.nny, so is woman, after money, right?
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by SAGoddess: 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2011
Lesson: When you help someone out financially, do it out of the goodness of your heart not because you expect something back. SOunds to me like you were used and now that the family is done with you, they have kicked you to the curb. . . . cut your loses and find someone worthy of your love but hopefully you have learnt your lesson re: giving something, expecting something back. . . . .in an ideal situation, it would work but not always the case!
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by 190: 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2011
what born2fuck is trying 2 say is that the OP shouldnt be pissed

after all he got punny from the lady while he trained her all those years

KAI THIS GUY WONT KILL ME HERE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by KAYD007(m): 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ MrBrownJAY
May I ask, did YOUR parents met any of her family? Why didn't you go with your parents to the intro?
Don't blame it all on greed, blame it on religion too and the fact that you were gonna marry someone that wasn't 150% on your side. You were a mean to an end

Are u sayin despite his longtime investment on her, her parents or mum might have considered him as not u no kind of serious because he didnt go with his parent(s) or any of his relations for the introduction rather  just friends? hmmm.
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by sexy74(m): 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2011
Poster

run for your dear life and get another woman

just see what you have done as a service to humanity.

you will get a better person if you look a little further.

best of luck
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2011
You are going to be great ,it will make you a strong person,its better you just forget it  and put it as bad debt and move on.It poverty that caused it.She will be back  someday lamenting ,dont ever forgive such a person,you must have the heart of a lion.
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by KAYD007(m): 12:58pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ SA Goddess
Lesson: When you help someone out financially, do it out of the goodness of your heart not because you expect something back.  SOunds to me like you were used and now that the family is done with you, they have kicked you to the curb. . . . cut your loses and find someone worthy of your love but hopefully you have learnt your lesson re: giving something, expecting something back. .  . . .in an ideal situation, it would work but not always the case

What do u mean? if i give arms to a begger, i do tht out of the goodness of my heart expecting nothing in return. but here she was not a begger, these were two pple in a relationship that has got to the stage of, let us get married. i mean it, it, its was not like the guy was operating an NGO kind of relationship?

at the early stage the product was viable, and saw vision of massive returns of investment and as a sharp business man, hence he invested, cry unfortunately the product wised up or rather became bad, hmmm
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by SAGoddess: 1:03pm On Mar 24, 2011
Hence someone said "never assume the responsibility of a parent" to your partner, she is your girlfriend, not your wife or mother/father, so I say it is wise not to get the lines blurred. . . . . . . .guy is crying for recharge cards and getting the girl's hair done every two weeks grin grin grin
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2011
Meldrick:

The painful thing is that recently I even sent something to the mum and she called the following day to say thanks not knowing she was just waiting for the daughter to round up. I was dissappointed in this woman. Lost her integrity and traded it for money.

So why are you crying

You should be grateful to God for saving you from that kind of marriage! undecided
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by debest1(m): 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2011
Ujujoan:

[b]So why are you crying [/b]You should be grateful to God for saving you from that kind of marriage! undecided
Na the money wey he don spend on the lady dey make the poster sad,
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by adaphik(f): 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2011
Rather unfortunate , I'd advice that u just ignore them , let them be. Its difficult though , but trust me a better n worthy wife is on d way.
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 24, 2011
debest1:

Na the money wey he don spend on the lady dey make the poster sad,

The fuch wey e don fuch nko? can he gi9ve that back?

It's still too early for him to be weeping . . . . no matter how much he spent!
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by debest1(m): 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2011
Ujujoan:

The fuch wey e don fuch nko? can he gi9ve that back?

It's still too early for him to be weeping . . . . no matter how much he spent!
That is assuming he had any
Re: A Month To Our Introduction, My Fiancee's Mum Handed Her Daughter for A High Bid by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
@Uju
You are hurting my feelings. How could you make such a statement: the fukc wey he don fukc nko?

So fukc now is only and exclusively for men?! and women don't get NO pleasure from it?!
You portrayed her as an ashewo aka he give gifts, she gives coochie!

Thinking the way you do, I am not surprised that some men happily treat women as sex objects ANS why some ladies happily comply.

(1) (2) (Reply)

45 Things A Girl Want, But Won’t Ask For It From You. / What Is Your Status? / Sometimes I Wonder Why Ladies Fight Over Me ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.