Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. (16005 Views)

President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps / List Of 19 States Given Bailout As Released By CBN / Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Ex-Governors Of Lagos State: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2011
The other post are not in the politics section i can not do anything about it.
Enugu_Ukwu:

Back to the topic.

Are we saying once in the history of Nigeria. 19 governors never took a dime of government money into their pockets to enrich themselves thru inflated contracts etc?

This is as alarming as it can be. Buhari - i love you. For once been able to put it on record that during your reign, no single member of your government enriched themselves illegally?

I love Nigeria.
Back to my question, how many IDs do you have it is against forum rules, that post was not directed at this user name, please give me a suitable and good answer or I will be forced to take action
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EnuguUkwu: 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2011
which one are you talking about Aisha. This is the only ID I have. I might have had others banned in the past, for spurious reasons as usual, but this is the only id i have now. why are you threatening me because of NairaLand? I just had praises for you - but this one that you will take action? Nairaland doesnt feed me, neither do i get paid for coming to Nairaland. Which action will you take apart from banning me?
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2011
@OP How is Beaf and Ma_J_Blige. you are right, they are millionaires,but compared to Billionaire Governors under OBJ/Atiku, Yaradua/GEJ those Ex-Governors you mentioned are mere Almajeris in front of Bukola Saraki or Lucky Igbenidion or Ibori of Notore Fertilizer fame. get your perception straight and stop politicizing it.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EnuguUkwu: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^

You may be right. No argument.

But to say none of the 19 governors and numerous government officials under Buhari didnt enrich themselves illegally leaves a sour taste in the mouth - the basis of the thread was, how did Buhari deal with them before the Buhari apologists hijacked it and turned it into something else.

If he dealt with them, fine, but to say nobody was corrupt under Buhari leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

When people call Jonathan a thief without no verifiable facts - nobody shouts, but when you say otherwise, everyone shouts. What a parity.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Eziachi: 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2011
Ozin:

I strongle advocate we stop talking about expired people wanting to lead this country in any form.Buhari the Dictator is expired and that is the truth no matter how bitter it sounds
On the day of the election use your one vote use your one single to tell Buhari that he is expired and I hope your first choice will be Pat Utomi or Chris Okotie they nowhere near expiration, in fact they have only been germinated.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

which one are you talking about Aisha. This is the only ID I have. I might have had others banned in the past, for spurious reasons as usual, but this is the only id i have now. why are you threatening me because of NairaLand? I just had praises for you - but this one that you will take action? Nairaland doesnt feed me, neither do i get paid for coming to Nairaland. Which action will you take apart from banning me?

I am not threatening you, that post was not aimed at this user name, yet you claimed she was using your name, am just asking you and hopig for a sincere answer as it is against forum rules to use multiple Ids. The fact that you praise me should not stop me from doing my job
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Ibime(m): 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ Eziachi can maybe give us update on Fidelis Oyakhilome and what he's doing now, whether he's a millionaire or not etc.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by bigdoo: 12:26pm On Mar 25, 2011
I don't know if the author of this post meant to say that the men in question are billionaires or millionaires. Or perhaps that they are dollar and pound sterling millionaires. In today's Nigeria to become just a millionaire is not really a big deal considering that one million naira is just about £4000.00 (four thousand pound) or about $6000.00 (six thousand US dollars). I believe that perhaps millions of Nigerians can boast of being naira millionaires even people engaged in legitimate businesses or trades including Nigerians in diaspora. Besides just having a few million naira does not guarantee anybody a comfortable lifestyle in Nigeria unless we are talking about millions of pounds and dollars.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by omo9ja1(m): 12:39pm On Mar 25, 2011
This are rubbish publication, then was a military rule and even then they were not corrupt like the civilians, Nigeria army was once respected and they will be respected, it was Gillian govt that shows the army how to loot money and lavish spending, your research has nothing to do with buhari, ok compare the men they with the current governors today i certainly know that where would be a big difference eg Gov OGD almost sold Ogun where I am from so base on these I will agree that even in the western world there is corruption in government but the level is very minimal. so don't expect any magic from Buhari now and then.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Blazing99: 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2011
This post is pretty stupid. Do you expect former military governors to be paupers when spare part dealers and students are millionaires?

I wonder why did made the front page. *very dissapointed*
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by texazzpete(m): 12:41pm On Mar 25, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

^^

You may be right. No argument.

But to say none of the 19 governors and numerous government officials under Buhari didnt enrich themselves illegally leaves a sour taste in the mouth - the basis of the thread was, how did Buhari deal with them before the Buhari apologists hijacked it and turned it into something else.

If he dealt with them, fine, but to say nobody was corrupt under Buhari leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

When people call Jonathan a thief without no verifiable facts - nobody shouts, but when you say otherwise, everyone shouts. What a parity.

In the same vein, here's a question:

What was GEJ doing when his boss Alams was stealing N50 billion?

If he didn't notice the gulf between money accrued to the state and expenditures, he's incompetent and clueless.
If he noticed and didn't do anything,

So please answer.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by wonders(m): 12:43pm On Mar 25, 2011
@OP I hope you are not really from Enugu Ukwu as them people no dey daft like this

pleaseeee!!!!!!!!!
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Busols757: 12:43pm On Mar 25, 2011
how can one be an ex-Governor and not be rich? this thread is just beyond me, abeg make we leave tory for Tony
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by banom(m): 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2011
BUHARI IS A THIEF , A RELIGIOUS EXTREEMIST , A JIHADIST, I PITY NIGERIA IF SUCH A RETARD RULES THIS COUNTRY AGAIN,

WHY IS HE POWER HUNGRY ? HE HAS BEEN THERE FOR 3 YREAS, AFTER  28 YEARS, WHAT ELSE DOES HE WANT ? HE HAS FAILED MANY TIMES WHY IS HE CONTESTING AGAIN ? WE HAVE YOUNGER GENERATION WHO WILL CARRY ON, WE DONT NEED RECYCLING OF RETARDS IN THAT ASO VILLA. THE IDIOT SHOULD GO AND REST.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 25, 2011
At banum

Please can you explain how Buhari spent 3 years in power, from which years please?

I am just asking so we get the facts right.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Beaf1: 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2011
@ Poster

I collect 220,000 monthly as my Salary, and i run  an oil business and i can assure you in every three to four months i make not less than a million naira. So if u think a million naira in Nigeria today is a big deal then u have to really thing again.

And if you think this your useless post will change our minds in voting for Buhari you have definitely failed.
Nonsense!

BB All The Way
cheesy cheesy
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by eros(m): 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2011
This is the DUMBEST post on Nairaland by a dumb OP. angry angry angry
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by onyengbu: 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2011
Wether he spent 3 years or 3 months he is expired. If u guys really need an upright man, how come no one is talking about Utomi who is much younger, intelligent and has cleaner background.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Toonice(m): 1:19pm On Mar 25, 2011
Rubbish
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by eros(m): 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

Wether he spent 3 years or 3 months he is expired. If u guys really need an upright man, how come no one is talking about Utomi who is much younger, intelligent and has cleaner background.

As much as i would love Utomi to be the President of Nigeria, unfortunately he is not ready to lead Nigeria. How many Nigerians know Pat Utomi? And by this, I mean the real electorates, who are in the villages and rural areas. You and I are Internet commentators and would probably not go out to vote for fear of being attacked at the polling booths. But the real people who vote are those in the rural areas who are given 1 thousand naira to vote irregardless of the danger or risk of being attacked do not know Pat Utomi.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2011
Beaf!:

@ Poster

I collect 220,000 monthly as my Salary, and i run  an oil business and i can assure you in every three to four months i make not less than a million naira. So if u think a million naira in Nigeria today is a big deal then u have to really thing again.

And if you think this your useless post will change our minds in voting for Buhari you have definitely failed.
Nonsense!

BB All The Way
cheesy cheesy

What of Ghana-Must-Go from TEAM GEJ grin grin grin did you factor that in as well grin
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Blazing99: 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2011
eros:

As much as i would love Utomi to be the President of Nigeria, unfortunately he is not ready to lead Nigeria. How many Nigerians know Pat Utomi? And by this, I mean the real electorates, who are in the villages and rural areas. You and I are Internet commentators and would probably not go out to vote for fear of being attacked at the polling booths. But the real people who vote are those in the rural areas who are given 1 thousand naira to vote irregardless of the danger or risk of being attacked.

You're right. If Utomi was contesting big time with a strong party, I would dump Buhari. But right now, despite his age we need Buhari to build strong institutions on which Nigeria can stand. That's why I go for Buhari again.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by dejavume: 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2011
THIS TREND IS BASELESS AND COMPLETELY WASTE OF TIME.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by omogidi234(m): 1:46pm On Mar 25, 2011
@ Poster,

I have said it always on this wonderful forum that we should be sure of our facts. Bamidele Otiko is late (RIP). Those who are resident in Akure will confirm this. As at the time of his death more than 5 years ago, I only know of one building around Ilesha Rd. Please tell me where the other millions are hidden.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by finity234: 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2011
Its only a hopeless retard that will post such a thread.just in his bid to link Buhari to anythin that looks like corruption.get a life man.u are only gonna help Buhar's credibility with dis, this man isnt corrupt! ur psyche just cant digest that huh?
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by ideylaff: 1:57pm On Mar 25, 2011
Kwara  
Salaudeen Latinwo - I know this one personally. Same alma mater(secondary school), same town. A strict disciplarian like Buhari himself. His house is as modest as little Jarus' own. He will not rank among the Top 50 richest men in my community.

I know him as well and I remember a few year ago, he was about to take up a job as a Pilot to a Saudi Prince,

U think Latinwo is rich as a retired Air Force office and he will leave 9iaj to go and secure a job in Saudi,  sad

IBB really dealt with him during his time over the Vatsa coup, Anthony Ikhazoboh (Late) was his neighbour in VI back then , and he was suspected to be Pro Vatsa, so Latinwo was alleged as well to have some know in Vatsa coup

His finger nails were pulled out during torture and all, he nearly died in prison and came out partially blind

I can tell you this fella has nada,
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by heilige(m): 1:59pm On Mar 25, 2011
i be did hard BB supporter, but i must say this for the fun of it.
them governors wake up, and understand levels.

Awon elenu razor, them must talk= Razor mouth must talk

REMEMBER TO VOTE FASHOLA FOR LAGOS
VOTE BUHARI BAKARI FOR PRESIDENT.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 25, 2011
finity234:

Its only a hopeless not-so-smart person that will post such a thread.just in his bid to link Buhari to anythin that looks like corruption.get a life man.u are only gonna help Buhar's credibility with dis, this man isnt corrupt! your psyche just cant digest that huh?
Thank you very much but I still continue to say it we must take this support out of NL to the streets
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by johnjoel(m): 2:25pm On Mar 25, 2011
nawo why are you guy braggling about this the poster is insene,can some made you to steal if the blood is not in you.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Pappij: 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2011
Beaf!:

@ Poster

I collect 220,000 monthly as my Salary, and i run an oil business and i can assure you in every three to four months i make not less than a million naira. So if u think a million naira in Nigeria today is a big deal then u have to really thing again.

Nonsense!

BB All The Way
cheesy cheesy

Is this the infamous Beaf or someone else?. Anyways welcome aboard Beaf, about time you see the truth and tell it. Vox Populi Vox Dei

BB 2011! It is possible.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
Pappij:

Is this the infamous Beaf or someone else?. Anyways welcome aboard Beaf, about time you see the truth and tell it. Vox Populi Vox Dei

BB 2011! It is possible.
This is an impostor, beaf is beaf, no !
Beaf!:

@ Poster

Nonsense!

BB All The Way
cheesy cheesy

I support your cause but who the hell are you?
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by fxskye: 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2011
banom:

BUHARI IS A THIEF , A RELIGIOUS EXTREEMIST , A JIHADIST, I PITY NIGERIA IF SUCH A not-so-smart person RULES THIS COUNTRY AGAIN,

WHY IS HE POWER HUNGRY ? HE HAS BEEN THERE FOR 3 YREAS, AFTER 28 YEARS, WHAT ELSE DOES HE WANT ? HE HAS FAILED MANY TIMES WHY IS HE CONTESTING AGAIN ? WE HAVE YOUNGER GENERATION WHO WILL CARRY ON, WE DONT NEED RECYCLING OF RETARDS IN THAT ASO VILLA. THE SHOULD GO AND REST.

U need to go & read 9ja political history. Buhari was Head of State once. If u'r a young chap, study 9ja history b4 pouring anger on NL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Geographical Size Of The South East Region / Special Report: How NASS Forced Buhari To Divert N121 Billion Meant For The Poor / Jonathan, Dickson In Titanic Battle To Install Next Bayelsa Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.