Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. (16006 Views)

President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps / List Of 19 States Given Bailout As Released By CBN / Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Ex-Governors Of Lagos State: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 25, 2011
banom:

BUHARI IS A THIEF , A RELIGIOUS EXTREEMIST , A JIHADIST, I PITY NIGERIA IF SUCH A not-so-smart person RULES THIS COUNTRY AGAIN,

WHY IS HE POWER HUNGRY ? HE HAS BEEN THERE FOR 3 YREAS, AFTER  28 YEARS, WHAT ELSE DOES HE WANT ? HE HAS FAILED MANY TIMES WHY IS HE CONTESTING AGAIN ? WE HAVE YOUNGER GENERATION WHO WILL CARRY ON, WE DONT NEED RECYCLING OF RETARDS IN THAT ASO VILLA. THE SHOULD GO AND REST.
When an idiot is speaking, the wise remain quiet.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by MaiSuya(m): 2:58pm On Mar 25, 2011
Now the debate is getting ridiculous. After spending millions to 'demystify' Buhari's incorruptibility, this is how low anti-Buhari elements have sunk. Digging out baseless fictions, all to put 'corruption' and Buhari in same sentence. Na wa o.

But it is another failed attempt.

First, most of these guys, like somebody mentioned up there, did not retire with Buhari. They went further to become Major Generals, AVM, Admirals etc, some held various other positions subsequently, some even became members of IBB's AFRC, Abacha's PRC etc later.

Now, let me take the ones I know quite much about one by one.
Anambra
Allison Madueke - was still in army till 1994, 9 years post-Buhari, went on become CNS under Abacha, sacked for backing MKO's release. How then was his 1.5 years as Buhari's governor responsible for his wealth, even he has?

Bauchi
Mohammed Sani Sami - Was still in army till 1990, 5 years into IBB's regime, later became emir. Not known for stupendous wealth.

Bendel
Jeremiah Useni - If he stole, definitely it is more logical to attribute it to his Abacha days as FCT minister and 4th highest ranking soldier, than his stint as governor under Buhari.

Benue
John Kpera - He was governor for 2 years under Obj's militray government. Retired with Buhari. Not known to be extremely wealthy than an average General.

Borno
Abubakar Waziri - when last did u hear his name? Btw, was governor under Obj too.

Cross River
Dan Archibong - Died in 1990. Yet Op is saying he is a millionaire now. Do you know where his wealth is? n

Gongola
Mohammed Jega - Now an emir. Know little about him or his wealth.

Imo
Ike Nwachukwu - Highest ranking igbo officer post Biafra. Not known to be richer than an average general

Kaduna
Usman Mu'azu - This one is a family friend. He has been Chairman of a number of companies since retirement and you don't expect a company Chairman to be poor.

Kano
Hamza Abdullahi - was governor and later minister under IBB too. So what proof is there to show he enriched himself under Buhari, that is eveven if he

Kwara
Salaudeen Latinwo - I know this one personally. Same alma mater(secondary school), same town. A strict disciplarian like Buhari himself. His house is as modest as little Jarus' own. He will not rank among the Top 50 richest men in my community.

Lagos
Gbolahan Mudasiru - Died almost wretched. I know his children. His son, now DMD of a popular investment company, struggled on his own to get to where he is today. In fact his monthly pay when he was in his former company before joining friends to establish their own company, was less than 250k per month. And that was as recently as 2003, even when his father was still alive. Only few ex-governors' children has this kind of tale.

Niger
David Mark - he has been in government since 70s, before and after Buhari. So saying he made his wealth during Buhari's 1.5 years government can only be as laughable as it comes.

Ogun
Oladipo Diya - Became No 2 to Nigeria's most corrupt Head of State ever. Nuff said, if he is truly wealthy. But nothing in his lifestyle has shown he is stupendously rich.

Ondo
Michael Bamidele Otiko

Oyo
Oladayo Popoola - Went on to become Major General under IBB. Now dead. Was governor under IBB too.

Plateau
Samuel Atukum - Can't even remember ever coming across this name.

Rivers
Fidelis Oyakhilome - Gone into obscurity long time ago. Nfar from being known for wealth.

Sokoto
Garba Duba - Not known to be extremely rich

Wow! this is very good work.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by seguno2: 3:04pm On Mar 25, 2011
All those saying Buhari has integrity and is not corrupt should please tell us where the man got the N100 million per day (according to Pat Utomi) that presidential candidates spend for his three campaigns- 2003, 2007 and 2011.
I am sure it is not based on his salary as a military officer and former head of state plus pension.
Where did he get the money to take his case to the Supreme Court and pay all the SAN lawyers?
Those who want to be fooled by his cool demeanour can remain so. However I advise you that it is time to shine your eyes well well.

[size=18pt]Africa does not need (bullies & brutes) great men. It needs great institutions - Barack Obama[/size]
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Iveanyi: 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2011
What kind of baseless, sensationalist topic is this? What the hell has Buhari got to do with the wealth of any soldier who happened to be a Governor in his regime. Buhari was Head of State for barely 20 months and left the Nigerian Army immediately after Babangida took over. Most of these people went on to serve in other capacities long after this.
Before making such an inane post, was there any effort at finding out what percetage of their wealth was acquired during their spell as governor between January 1984 and August 1985?
Case in point: If for instance David Mark acquires any wealth as Senate President the next thing I'll hear is that he was a governor under Buhari.
Please I implore you; Always remember that Nairaland posts are read all over the world and the kind of reasoning that people read are a pointer to the way Nigerians think. I would not like anyone anywhere in the world not to take me seriously because he has a prejudice based on a post he read on Nairaland.

Be guided!!!
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by jasman1: 3:41pm On Mar 25, 2011
They're all corrupt if you most know but, we're talking about who's best to govern amongst them. My major problem with Buhari is the statement he was allegedly to have about Sharia Court. It doesn't sound like someone who's accommodating to me. If this statements attributed to him's wrong, pls help correct it
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by botahj: 3:57pm On Mar 25, 2011
All those saying Buhari has integrity and is not corrupt should please tell us where the man got the N100 million per day (according to Pat Utomi) that presidential candidates spend for his three campaigns- 2003, 2007 and 2011.
I am sure it is not based on his salary as a military officer and former head of state plus pension.
Where did he get the money to take his case to the Supreme Court and pay all the SAN lawyers?
Those who want to be fooled by his cool demeanour can remain so. However I advise you that it is time to shine your eyes well well.

Africa does not need (bullies & brutes) great men. It needs great institutions - Barack Obama

@seguno 2

Are you very sure you were well grounded on Comprehension in English Language because you do not seem to come as one with the kind of comments of yours above, You better find study materials on How to Comprehend without problems after reading so you don't make post like these on forums in future,
I suggest you go back to re-read the article where Prof. Pat Utomi made such claim before you mis-inform those who look up to and live around you,
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by ogaemma: 3:58pm On Mar 25, 2011
The young shall grow. After so many years of service, do you expect them to remain poor Life is about improvement and progress. Is a shame after 35 years of service a man cannot do well in life.They are all doing well and am happy they did not service this nation for nothing.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by BonnyFace: 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2011
Hello
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by jasman1: 4:15pm On Mar 25, 2011
What an unintelligent and in fact, stupid comment. Must you steal from the people to do well? We're talking about corrupt politicians and looted treasuries. You're such a turn off with that rotten skull.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by enyojo(f): 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2011
[size=50pts]NAIRALAND, REMOVE THIS RUBBISSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH PICTURE U CALL ADVERT.
unclothed WOMAN??!!!! HOW MUCH THEY PAY UNA? PROFESSIONAL PRINCIPLES PAY MORE THAN MONEY!![/size]
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by jason2010(m): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2011
Garbage. Pure nonsense. I mean you gotto cite your reference. Seems like the information was just assumed. Not facts at all. Prove me wrong by citing your reference/s. By the way being a Nigerians millionaire is not a big deal. 10 million naira makes you a millionaire. Now the same 10 million naira is less than 65 thousand USD.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by seguno2: 4:35pm On Mar 25, 2011
botahj:

@seguno 2

Are you very sure you were well grounded on Comprehension in English Language because you do not seem to come as one with the kind of comments of yours above, You better find study materials on How to Comprehend without problems after reading so you don't make post like these on forums in future,
I suggest you go back to re-read the article where Prof. Pat Utomi made such claim before you mis-inform those who look up to and live around you,

It seems you are indeed correct about my comprehension of YOUR english language because I do not understand what you are trying to say about my reference to the figure given by Pat Utomi.
I hope you will be kind enough to help me out with my understanding.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by ideylaff: 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2011
It seems you are indeed correct about my comprehension of YOUR english language because I do not understand what you are trying to say about my reference to the figure given by Pat Utomi.
I hope you will be kind enough to help me out with my understanding.
Thanks in advance.

My Bro Pat Utomi was referring to GEJ on the 100 million per day campaign not Buhari,

wey Buhari wan see am, I say the man nor get house for ABJ contrary to what's the norm for ex soldiers of awa 9ija, doubt he has in Lagos sef, he dey Daura, dey manage.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by okadaman2: 4:53pm On Mar 25, 2011
@ Segun02 , So because PDP Government gave you contract, you think it's ok to cheat other Nigerians? Who is a bully and Brute between GEJ and the opposition?

Who asked IGP to threaten Nigerians from bringing their phones blackberry to Polling stations? PDP

Who controlled NTA to reject Campaign adverts because it does not favor PDP? GEJ

Who is celebrating Thugs, thieves and Convicted criminals like Bode George and Alamieysegha? GEJ

Who are the Brutes and bullies ? which institution did GEJ build? Information institution with NTA? or road institution with Benin-Ore road and Anenih(former minister of works) GEJ campaign director?

compare to Buhari who built Refineries and Institutionalized Disciplined and Crime fighting when he was there or Ribadu who built EFCC When Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was busy Looting Bayelsa State with his Master Alamieseghya.

Return PDP's blood money and save your family and generation from coming curse and judgment, Nigerians are dieing from misrule and you are supporting their killers? You? are your families not Nigerians too?

Segun02 shame in YOU!!!! Anuofia!!
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2011
What is complain thread? Aisha correct that grammar ASAP.You should be clean and clear to become a moderator. Well people who want Buhari to rule them are as dead as dodo. No life and vision in them!
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EnuguUkwu: 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2011
Iveanyi:

What kind of baseless, sensationalist topic is this? What the hell has Buhari got to do with the wealth of any soldier who happened to be a Governor in his regime. Buhari was Head of State for barely 20 months and left the Nigerian Army immediately after Babangida took over. Most of these people went on to serve in other capacities long after this.
Before making such an inane post, was there any effort at finding out what percetage of their wealth was acquired during their spell as governor between January 1984 and August 1985?
Case in point: If for instance David Mark acquires any wealth as Senate President the next thing I'll hear is that he was a governor under Buhari.
Please I implore you; Always remember that Nairaland posts are read all over the world and the kind of reasoning that people read are a pointer to the way Nigerians think. I would not like anyone anywhere in the world not to take me seriously because he has a prejudice based on a post he read on Nairaland.

Be guided!!!

So, why are you blaming OBJ for Bode George, blaming OBJ for Ibori, blaming OBJ for every corrupt person who has been in government under him. Why are you blaming GEJ for Ibori, why are you blaming him for the PDP Governors, why are you blaming GEJ for those under him who you see as corrupt. Come on. Use your mucus brain for once instead of leaving it in the toilet.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by fxskye: 5:36pm On Mar 25, 2011
okada_man:

@ Segun02 , So because PDP Government gave you contract, you think it's ok to cheat other Nigerians? Who is a bully and Brute between GEJ and the opposition?

Who asked IGP to threaten Nigerians from bringing their phones blackberry to Polling stations? PDP

Who controlled NTA to reject Campaign adverts because it does not favor PDP? GEJ

Who is celebrating Thugs, thieves and Convicted criminals like Bode George and Alamieysegha? GEJ

Who are the Brutes and bullies ? which institution did GEJ build? Information institution with NTA? or road institution with Benin-Ore road and Anenih(former minister of works) GEJ campaign director?

compare to Buhari who built Refineries and Institutionalized Disciplined and Crime fighting when he was there or Ribadu who built EFCC When Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was busy Looting Bayelsa State with his Master Alamieseghya.

Return PDP's blood money and save your family and generation from coming curse and judgment, Nigerians are dieing from misrule and you are supporting their killers? You? are your families not Nigerians too?

Well Said,

ferdiii:

What is complain thread? Aisha correct that grammar ASAP.You should be clean and clear to become a moderator. Well people who want Buhari to rule them are as dead as dodo. No life and vision in them!
What are the livfes & Visions shown in d last 12 yrs of PDP? Tell us a PDP state that can match Lagos ACN state in 9ja  today.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by tlops(m): 5:53pm On Mar 25, 2011
Thats not true atleast I Know the ondo state governor Ondo Michael Bamidele Otiko (RIP died 25th dec 1998), I wouldnt call him a millionaire.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by botahj: 5:57pm On Mar 25, 2011
ideylaff:

My Bro Pat Utomi was referring to GEJ on the 100 million per day campaign not Buhari,

wey Buhari wan see am, I say the man nor get house for ABJ contrary to what's the norm for ex soldiers of awa 9ija, doubt he has in Lagos sef, he dey Daura, dey manage.

@ideylaff--- Thanks very much for helping to educate Seguno2 on how to comprehend when reading, I can bet Seguno2 has already gone ahead to misinform politically naive persons around him about the contents of the statements made by Prof. Pat Utomi. mtchew
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by ideylaff: 6:11pm On Mar 25, 2011
So, why are you blaming OBJ for Bode George, blaming OBJ for Ibori, blaming OBJ for every corrupt person who has been in government under him. Why are you blaming GEJ for Ibori, why are you blaming him for the PDP Governors, why are you blaming GEJ for those under him who you see as corrupt. Come on. Use your mucus brain for once instead of leaving it in the toilet.

@ Enugu_Ukwu, people are not blaming OBJ for Bode George who is an adult as at last time I checked, we are saying The Party celebrates and big up People who have stolen form the nation,  All these people u mentioned stole under OBJ now,

Abi Anennih make money b4 OBJ, See as PDP welcome Alama siagba or how den dey spell am, did that fella really deserve a role in GEJ's campaign, or Government again,

u just dey push this thread for no reason,  no need.

Wole Soyinka has spoken anyway, Get a magnifying Glass to read the lines and think about it

Buhari, Utomi, Ribadu, we nor care, all we are saying is enuff of PDP 12 years, now, make we try anoda pesin

4 UK shebi den kick Labour out when people tire of them and in the next election if people are not happy we speak with awa votes

soon we will have the poeple who will fix things, and think twice b4 touching peoples money
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by olawalebabs(m): 6:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
He all of them are corrupt. I can vouch for a man. Latinwo salaudeen of kwara this man is as modest as anything and just a few of them are rich and you pointed out. BB all the way
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EOS(m): 6:47pm On Mar 25, 2011
This topic is meaningless. What has it to do with him, even if they billionaire? Enugu Ekwu, you are one of those people that will find it difficult to survive without corruption; because you want it to continue. So, you better start prepare to leave Nigeria to any neighboring countries where corruption will continue to be practiced. CORRUPTION must be eliminated from NIGERIA!
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EOS(m): 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2011
David Mark was not a Governor during Buhari regime, but Babangida's regime. Almost all the Govenors were Brigadier and mark was Lt. Col, not even Col. as at then.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by reindeer: 7:01pm On Mar 25, 2011
With posters like the OP, it is no surprise that corruption reigns supreme in Nigeria.Their desperation to discredit the general excises all forms of brain matter when they hear his name. The come salivating, frothing from the mouth spewing all kinds of brainless accusations.
I only pray for a few brain cells for you folks.
BB all the way!
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EOS(m): 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2011
Blink 182 or 187, you asked why Buhari is contesting. Every Nigerian, including you is eligible to contest once you are clear by INEC. It is left for you as a single entity to vote your candidate you like, since Buhari is not your candidate.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by hamsky: 8:29pm On Mar 25, 2011
And? Do you expect them to be thousandaires? Dude they where state rulers for goodness sake and also pensionaires. Man no go get millions again!
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EnuguUkwu: 8:39pm On Mar 25, 2011
EOS:

David Mark was not a Governor during Buhari regime, but Babangida's regime. Almost all the Govenors were Brigadier and mark was Lt. Col, not even Col. as at then.

check your history books.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EnuguUkwu: 8:41pm On Mar 25, 2011
Buhari ko/ Bakare ni.

Buhari will sell Nigeria to IOC.

[size=14pt]No wonder Buhari said Abacha doesnt have a dime of Nigeria money in his pocket. LOL[/size]
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by MaiSuya(m): 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2011
okada_man:

you forgot to add their brazen manipulation of the judiciary through their hatchet men to ensure that election petitions now end in the supreme court and not the Appeal. This is coming in the heel of his failed attempt to effect an unholy transfer of the incorruptible Justice Salami to the Apex court.

The sacking ICPC chairman because of the N5b rot he unearthed the NJI
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 25, 2011
yotube adds another feature for easy content creation, full storyhttp://techblogng..com/2011/03/youtube-adds-animation-tools-for-easier.html
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by wealthlift(m): 9:45am On Mar 26, 2011
Then tell me why we should vote for him this time,

He posed as a good man, but deep down he's corrupt!
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by farochron(m): 12:27pm On Mar 26, 2011
What we need to know is the age of the poster when Buhari ruled and if he was too young by then because age is just a number where did he and his cohorts get their information from. As for the other guy that said he ruled for three years. He barely ruled for 2 years so where did he get his figures from. Aisha please save us some space delete this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Workers Arrested By JTF Over Pipeline Bombing Released / Sponsoring Pilgrims With Government’s Funds Is Criminal - Emir Of Kano, Sanusi / Special Report: How NASS Forced Buhari To Divert N121 Billion Meant For The Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.