Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,331 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. (16007 Views)

President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps / List Of 19 States Given Bailout As Released By CBN / Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Ex-Governors Of Lagos State: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by seguno2: 8:43pm On Mar 26, 2011
wealthlift:

Then tell me why we should vote for him this time,

He posed as a good man, but deep down he's corrupt!

Indeed he is corrupt.
If he can say that Abacha stole no money!
How did he get the money to pay for three presidential campaigns- 2003, 2007 & 2011 even plus including Supreme Court case with plenty, plenty SAN lawyers dem.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by balogunUS: 5:43am On Mar 27, 2011
I know Olatinwo[Kwara] personally and he is not a millionair, I don't know others on a personal note.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by mensdept: 6:04am On Mar 27, 2011
Buhari is not a democrat. He is part and parcel of the rogues that have misruled Naija. How can our so-called democracy be led continously by military men in khaki? Are we that militarized/colonized? Dayum.

Is Major General, Wing Commander, Chief, Commodore, General Officer Commanding all we are about in NIGERIA? Is that all we know and eat?

In serious nations the government/people is more important than the military, but in Naija the Military is more important than the nation. That is and as we have seen since 1966, a recipe for disaster.

There's no way a coupist is gonna come and deliver Nigeria, yes, the so-called hope of Africa, to the promised land. Never.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by jumobi1(m): 7:13am On Mar 27, 2011
What a shame. This election is like being between the devil and the deep blue sea. How come a country of 150mil can't put up a good candidate that people will support? Buhari seems better than GEJ but what did he do when he had his chance in the 80s? He might be anti-corruption but that would not solve Nigerias problem. We need an economic and politically strong President. Buhari is just a strict guy. Far from the answer,
Contrary to popular belief, I doubt he isn't a little corrupt too

I'm amazed at the rate GEJ is losing his popularity. His best campaign strategy was to be the best president Nigerians have seen in 20year. He chose to please his PDP family who made his candidacy possible. I disappointed because I thought GeJ was it.

With that said, If I could vote, I'll vote for Buhari hoping he surrounds himself with a solid team.
Can't wait for Fashola to run. Imagine Fashola and an Iweala team? But that Tinubu guy na wahala
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by swezenberg(m): 10:24am On Mar 27, 2011
jumobi1:

What a shame. This election is like being between the devil and the deep blue sea. How come a country of 150mil can't put up a good candidate that people will support? Buhari seems better than GEJ but what did he do when he had his chance in the 80s? He might be anti-corruption but that would not solve Nigerias problem. We need an economic and politically strong President. Buhari is just a strict guy. Far from the answer,
Contrary to popular belief, I doubt he isn't a little corrupt too

I'm amazed at the rate GEJ is losing his popularity. His best campaign strategy was to be the best president Nigerians have seen in 20year. He chose to please his PDP family who made his candidacy possible. I disappointed because I thought GeJ was it.

With that said, If I could vote, I'll vote for Buhari hoping he surrounds himself with a solid team.
Can't wait for Fashola to run. Imagine Fashola and an Iweala team? But that Tinubu guy na wahala

Jumobi 1

You've said it all. That is just the case. It is truly between the devil and deep blue sea but when we can not present a credible candidate we need to consider the root of what brought us into this mess, which to me is corruption. I'll prefer BB collabo because of their anti corruption crusade and what Buhari did in the past but that is not to say he Buhari is a saint. For Jonathan he lost my vote the moment he turned his eyes away from the Jos crisis to chase his political ambition. He's the grand commander of the Federal republic. He has all the arsenals to prevent the carnage but he chose his ambition instead. There were many flaws that followed after this which this forum would not permit me to talk about. I hope he apologies and reconsiders his ways.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by jerryben12: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2011
Nigerians!!! What happened to the Urban Mass Transit Programme under Buhari's oversight? I am not a politician and I am very neutral to this. I do not know GEJ too well either. Did Buhari do a good job with the Urban Mass Transit Programme when he flooded the highways in Nigeria with Civilian buses Where are all these buses?
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by seguno2: 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2011
swezenberg:

Jumobi 1

I'll prefer BB collabo because of their anti corruption crusade and what Buhari did in the past but that is not to say he Buhari is a saint.

Buhari's anti-corruption crusade is a ruse, a smokescreen. How can the man stand for anti-corruption yet had the audacity to say Abacha did not steal any money. And to add insult to injury, Abacha's first son is running for governorship with Buhari's party in kano state. Haba!!!
Btw, can you list what exactly Buhari achieved in the past apart from kicking and flogging his compatriots into line under WAI although he was not disciplined himself.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by nn5ive: 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2011
@Enugu_Ukwu

Dude I must applaud you for being cleverly deceptive. Many of these people did not become millionaires while Buhari was in office. They became millionaires after Buhari left office i.e. under the regimes of Abacha, Babangida etc. The names you mentioned are of people who remained in government long after Buhari was Head of State. Still I must applaud you for your clever attempt.
Please wake up from your slumber. You are deeply dozing with this u r pedestrian reponse
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by mensdept: 5:34am On Mar 28, 2011
seguno2:

Buhari's anti-corruption crusade is a ruse, a smokescreen. How can the man stand for anti-corruption yet had the audacity to say Abacha did not steal any money. And to add insult to injury, Abacha's first son is running for governorship with Buhari's party in kano state. Haba!!!
Btw, can you list what exactly Buhari achieved in the past apart from kicking and flogging his compatriots into line under WAI although he was not disciplined himself.

This is exactly what those pro-Buhari folks are ignoring, and will continue to deceive themselves that Buhari is the answer. Buhari is part and parcel of the problem that we all find ourselves in when living and surviving in Nigeria. Buhari is not really any different from Abacha. Buhari is a coup plotter, he has consistently hijacked political party presidential tickets for the last 10 years, and has nothing new at his old age to offer today's Nigeria.

He will do what? We are no longer in a military framework
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Blazing99: 10:09am On Mar 29, 2011
mens dept:

This is exactly what those pro-Buhari folks are ignoring, and will continue to deceive themselves that Buhari is the answer. Buhari is part and parcel of the problem that we all find ourselves in when living and surviving in Nigeria. Buhari is not really any different from Abacha. Buhari is a coup plotter, he has consistently hijacked political party presidential tickets for the last 10 years, and has nothing new at his old age to offer today's Nigeria.

He will do what? We are no longer in a military framework

You need to go back to History textbooks, if you'cant find any you can talk you old folks. Buhari's governemnt though short-lived was one of the best Nigeria ever had. It was undemocratic - yes, it was birthed via a coup - yes, but it was a government for the people. Corruption was at its least, Inflation was at its lowest and Economy was at its peak. He made sure our institutions were strong enough to achieve our potential.
Democracy has been in Nigeria for the past 12 years but we're still searching hard for the gains of democracy. I'm tired of searching hard for them. We need this present government out. Though Buhari's an old dog, he's goin to be working with new blood to effect gainful ideals of good government. That's why he deserves it far better than GEJ who's a plain up opportunist, pleasing the elites.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by villa2: 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2011
Good let assume those people work under Buhari but his not aware of there stolen just take a look at buhari u can even said he looks like somebody who has ever rules this country before because he share views with any kind of people anywhere he go also if you go to his house the house does not look like somebody who has 20naira buhari is the only ex president that dosent have house in abuja as far as concein buhari is best leader we have in this country weather you like it or not and buhari will remain people choice if your wise vote BUHARI BAKARI 2011.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by seguno2: 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2011
villa2:

Good let assume those people work under Buhari but his not aware of there stolen just take a look at buhari u can even said he looks like somebody who has ever rules this country before because he share views with any kind of people anywhere he go also if you go to his house the house does not look like somebody who has 20naira buhari is the only ex president that dosent have house in abuja as far as concein buhari is best leader we have in this country weather you like it or not and buhari will remain people choice if your wise vote BUHARI BAKARI 2011.

The man is just being deceptive and apparently it is working for people like you.
Ask ypourself, how has he financed his capaign three times now- 2003, 2007 and 2011?
Where did he get the money to have SAN lawyers take his case to the Supreme Court
If you are easily deceived by looks please note that some of us are not.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by dayokanu(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
^^ Then why hasnt ANY govt past or present indicted him for corruption?

Buhari as head of PTF always had the accounts audited by KPMG annually
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by seguno2: 4:51pm On Mar 29, 2011
^^^
and how many of the people (ex-governors) that Ribadun said are corrupt have been indicted
In case you are still wondering, this is Nigeria not Texas, USA.

Listen & Learn:

Beast of No Nation - Fela

[size=14pt]Africa does not need great men (brutes and bullies). It needs great democratic institutions. - Barack Obama[/size]
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Iveanyi: 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2011
First of all, my heart goes out to Enugwu ukwu. He obviously lacks the courtesy to understand that one doesn't go about on message boards insulting others. Probably something to do with his upbringing. Dude, (assuming you are one all the while) even if you have to be vulgar/obscene/insultive, direct it to at best a topic and not a person. If you have a point to make, make it and leave. It's cowardice to hide behind anonymity and insult my person moreso if you wouldn't dare it face to face.

Secondly, let me declare that what I have said about Buhari and his governors remains my unaltered position. I am anticipating that you (Enugwu Ukwu) may reply this post. So this is to let you before hand that if you do, it'll be as good as talking to your faeces because I won't grace it with a reply.

Finally, I would also like like to express my bewilderment at the use of Obama's quote about Africa not needing great men but great institutions, I don't know what makes Barrack an authority on what Africa needs that everyone is on that bandwagon. According to Buhari; Nigeria needs both! And I agree with him.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by hakanai(m): 7:49am On Mar 31, 2011
@op
Do you know that Abacha,IBB,Gusau,Diya,domkat bali,dongon yaro,lawal gwadabe,even the present COAS,CDS,CNS,CAS and co were also in the military.some holding position during buhari. shocked
We all know the story they (the big guys) kicked him out because they wanted access to all that he denied them from the national purse undecided It is obvious there intention going by what happened under such people who came later.
Gusau was a key coup plotter who saw buhari come to power but immediately buhari got information about his wrong deal,didn't waste time to have a panel probe his wrong dealings shocked Do you know GEJ has the same situation and yet he can't even keep them away from Abuja.Obj,Anineh,Solomon lar,Mantu,Ojo maduake,Dopkesi etc. from bomb suspects,NASS bribe syndicates,Governor extorting thieves to PHCN money wasting champions.In short this guys are more obvious than the Gusau case was.
Ibb was coming up next when he quickly staged the coup undecided that also prove buhari's case that they stage the coup and brought him to power.What they didn't know was that Buhari had zero tolerance for anyone regardless, if caught screwing up.People think Idiagbon could have stopped the coup if only he was around i think is wrong.They IBB,Gwandu and Gusau executed the coup pretty much and knew the terrain of the game.IBB proved his stuff clinching to power untill he got tired.
Alot more military guys exist in the army before Buhari came to power.The truth is most of them knew he had zero tolerance for any fraudelent deals.They either kept there corrupt ambitions away or waited till they got him out of power.Obj can even attest to Buhari's committement to service under his government.
Don't forget he buhari did not recruit them and you don't just come to power and kick people outta work simply.Only if a case is brought, where investigation establish such case.further it would only be fair to suspend such a person until such investigations are made public.
I know GEJ is still dinning and laughing with well established and confirmed corrupt people.good example Bode george lipsrsealed
For me all this military guys became rich after his leadership and not during.Yes they were there,as he found them. wink
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by hakanai(m): 7:50am On Mar 31, 2011
@op
Do you know that Abacha,IBB,Gusau,Diya,domkat bali,dongon yaro,lawal gwadabe,even the present COAS,CDS,CNS,CAS and co were also in the military.some holding position during buhari. shocked
We all know the story they (the big guys) kicked him out because they wanted access to all that he denied them from the national purse undecided It is obvious there intention going by what happened under such people who came later.
Gusau was a key coup plotter who saw buhari come to power but immediately buhari got information about his wrong deal,didn't waste time to have a panel probe his wrong dealings shocked Do you know GEJ has the same situation and yet he can't even keep them away from Abuja.Obj,Anineh,Solomon lar,Mantu,Ojo maduake,Dopkesi etc. from bomb suspects,NASS bribe syndicates,Governor extorting thieves to PHCN money wasting champions.In short this guys are more obvious than the Gusau case was.
Ibb was coming up next when he quickly staged the coup undecided that also prove buhari's case that they stage the coup and brought him to power.What they didn't know was that Buhari had zero tolerance for anyone regardless, if caught screwing up.People think Idiagbon could have stopped the coup if only he was around i think is wrong.They IBB,Gwandu and Gusau executed the coup pretty much and knew the terrain of the game.IBB proved his stuff clinching to power untill he got tired.
Alot more military guys exist in the army before Buhari came to power.The truth is most of them knew he had zero tolerance for any fraudelent deals.They either kept there corrupt ambitions away or waited till they got him out of power.Obj can even attest to Buhari's committement to service under his government.
Don't forget he buhari did not recruit them and you don't just come to power and kick people outta work simply.Only if a case is brought, where investigation establish such case.further it would only be fair to suspend such a person until such investigations are made public.
I know GEJ is still dinning and laughing with well established and confirmed corrupt people.good example Bode george lipsrsealed
For me all this military guys became rich after his leadership and not during.Yes they were there,as he found them. wink
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by IAMGREAT: 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2011
our major major problem in this country is corruption. We need someone who is strict and selfless like buhari to tackle this problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Geographical Size Of The South East Region / Yahaya Bello Knocks PDP Over Gunmen Invasion At Primary / Military Repels Boko Haram Attack on Damaturu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.