Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,964 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate (18585 Views)

Poll: Should Buhari, Shekerau and Ribadu attend the BON debate?

Yes: 42% (76 votes)
No: 57% (101 votes)
This poll has ended

Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? / Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate / BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2011
I'm not a fan of Buhari but I'll choose him anytime any day over 'clueless Umlerra'!

and I'm gonna give ur arse the whipping it deserves for doing that------- sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2011
babasoty:

and I'm gonna give your arse the whipping it deserves for doing that------- sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Eziachi: 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sky Blue:

I disagree. I doubt as many of the voting populace would have gone online to see the NN24 debate as many people I know didn't. I even had to scour the web to look for replays of the thing. This would be aired on NTA (we are made to believe), not some cable channel. This is a chance to reach many new people.

Can you people listen to yourselves. Until this statement was released today by the other candidates, did you know before that Jonathan signed up to the NN24 DEBATE? Yes or no

This sudden concern of how many people will see the debate or will not see it on NN24, when DID this that surfaced, before or after signing up to the debate?

Can you imagine today, Jonathan has the same concern for the masses in other areas of life like refusing to travel abroad for medical treatment because he realised that millions of Nigerians will not have access to same kind of medical care, just he was concerned that not many of them has NN24 to watch.

He really care about peoples choice of TV watching.  Why didn'y he also worry that not all those that have a TV has access to electricity or electric generator plant?
Next he will suggest that they postpone the debate until every single person has electricity power to watch his NTA.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by assme: 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2011
well, without being biased, I would rather say that these 3 are not wrong in pulling out of the debate. Gej has already created a lot of drama from requesting for questions b4 hand to turning up and down the invitation. Nigerians were eager and waiting for that debate wanting to hear from the horse's mouth while they think on their feet. it seems clear that the BON debate is going to be doctored &inclined to the earlier request of Mr. Gej and it doesn't tell well of him. the three shunning the debate shows that they can't be bullied by the power of incumbency; @least a lesson for future contestants.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
I'm quite sure I recall Buhari not turning up for an earlier debate than NN24. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Some people are being hypocritical.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
I'm quite sure I recall Adeola reading his entire reply to a question about what his job as VP would entail from a prepared script at NN24, yet questions weren't sent to candidates before the debates. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Some people are being hypocritical.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2011
I'm quite sure I recall that the NN24 "debate" was a sham, with all the empty candidates pathetic "manifesto's" reading "I am not PDP." Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Some people are being hypocritical.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf:

I'm quite sure I recall that the NN24 "debate" was a sham, with all the empty candidates pathetic "manifesto's" reading "I am not PDP." Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Some people are being hypocritical.

Beaf:

I'm quite sure I recall Adeola reading his entire reply to a question about what his job as VP would entail from a prepared script at NN24, yet questions weren't sent to candidates before the debates. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Some people are being hypocritical.

Beaf:

I'm quite sure I recall Buhari not turning up for an earlier debate than NN24. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Some people are being hypocritical.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn . . . some people are just plain dumb! undecided undecided
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2011
I'm quite sure I recall the likes of Ribadu, vigorously challenging GEJ to a debate, only to develop cold feet after watching his dismal and incoherent NN24 display and realising (like the rest of us) that he has nothing to offer and nothing but EFCC upstairs. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Some people are being hypocritical.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2011
I'm quite sure I recall the likes of Buhari, when asked at NN24 how he would solve the power problem, replying that he would order probes! Now he realises (like the rest of us) that he has nothing to offer except cluelessness. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Some people are being hypocritical.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2011
I'm quite sure I recall the likes of Buhari at NN24, not grasping what the education system is! Now he realises (like the rest of us) that he has nothing to offer except cluelessness. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Some people are being hypocritical.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by assme: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
well, I am not being hypocritical; just not being sentimental. All u've said might be true but its not widespread. The presidential debate made news and every body wanted to watch only for the major contestant to back out with flimsy excuses. He disappointed a lot of fans& there's no need for u trying so hard to justify it cos u can't.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Solomon227(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2011
Lets listen to the PhD holder alone. He will not dissapoint us even if he is up against Dbanj he will stil be dry, empty and lack-lustre. What you do not have you cannot give.

[size=24pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
Lets listen to the PhD holder alone. He will not dissapoint us even if he is up against Dbanj he will stil be dry, empty and lack-lustre. What you do not have you cannot give.

That's the reason why the opposition should go out there and floor him completely not back out and give this lame excuse,
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2011
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn . . . some people are just plain dumb!

No fight dirty with beaf ooooo----- u'd sure loose ooooo----- i no go fit dry your tears
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
The one obviuos fact is this:

Greater percentage of Nigerians who have access to TV, do not have access to the NN24.

Consequently,
1. Greater percentage of Nigerians are going to watch or listen to the BON debate.

2. These Nigerians will notice that Buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau were not part of the debate.

3. These Nigerians will draw their conclusions based on what they saw/heard.

4. The rest would be history.

By refusing to appear there, this folks have shot themselves on the foot.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2011
babasoty:

No fight dirty with beaf ooooo----- u'd sure loose ooooo----- i no go fit dry your tears

abegi!

that little Arrow - once you kick the runts arse he goes running to the mods for cover cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Pataki: 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2011
Hahahahahaha! Mumuredeen Goofluck is going for a debate?

[size=18pt]"I am too busy doing my campaign at the moment and cannot create time for any election debate, don't think I am afraid of the other contestants, far from it, I am just busy campaigning, "- Dr. Goodluck E. Jonathan.[/size]

Who does he want to debate with?

First he said he was too busy to do an election debate.

Secondly the date was shifted for him. Goatluck decided to attend Agama Scapegoat's interview a day before the NN24 debate.

Thirdly, NN24 and other presidential candidates waited for over ONE HOUR for this goat-head (Mufuliu Odechukwu Jonathief) to show up, he refused to come!

Now he is running behind BON, after getting a transcript of the questions he is going to be asked, and demanding for a debate now. Fukking coward. Clueless President. Olodo!

Thanks Shekarau, Ribadu and Buhari for refusing to attending this foolish charade by NTA. The same NTA that refused over time to broadcast mostly other political parties campaigns across Nigeria. Now they are asking for them to come and participate in a debate! We have heard you!

Imbecilic government in power!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by SkyBlue1: 2:43pm On Mar 24, 2011
Eziachi:

Can you people listen to yourselves. Until this statement was released today by the other candidates, did you know before that Jonathan signed up to the NN24 DEBATE? Yes or no

This sudden concern of how many people will see the debate or will not see it on NN24, when DID this that surfaced, before or after signing up to the debate?

Can you imagine today, Jonathan has the same concern for the masses in other areas of life like refusing to travel abroad for medical treatment because he realised that millions of Nigerians will not have access to same kind of medical care, just he was concerned that not many of them has NN24 to watch.

He really care about peoples choice of TV watching.  Why didn'y he also worry that not all those that have a TV has access to electricity or electric generator plant?
Next he will suggest that they postpone the debate until every single person has electricity power to watch his NTA.

I don't know what the "you people" is supposed to mean but please move on if this is going to go down that route.

babasoty:

That's the reason why the opposition should go out there and floor him completely not back out and give this lame excuse,

I completely agree. This is an opportunity to do just that and even appeal to unreached people. I would be silly to waste the chance because of pride or whatever. This is about winning an election or at least making a good attempt at it.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
assme:

well, I am not being hypocritical; just not being sentimental. All u've said might be true but its not widespread. The presidential debate made news and every body wanted to watch only for the major contestant to back out with flimsy excuses. He disappointed a lot of fans& there's no need for u trying so hard to justify it cos u can't.

Nah, dude, I wasn't referring to you at all! Its just coincidence I posted after you. I was taunting the Buhari boys and Ribadu dreamers.

babasoty:

Lef am! Na so dem de tek start war.
Everybody is a witness to this, I always give a very long rope, but when it finishes they are always the first to start running around saying Beaf na boxer. grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Sagamite(m): 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
Buhari - Common Chimpanzee

Ribadu - Silvery Gibbon

Shekarau - Guinea Baboon

Effing reetards!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by 9ijaMan: 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2011
Guys, this is a succinct line I copied from a post on FB.

"Their excuse for not showing up for the debates is laughable to say the least. Claiming the debate wont be watched by the masses because its not on NTA?? go out on the streets and ask any pure water seller, any danfo driver, any okada rider, any member of the president's cabinet, his aides, even he himself, ask them what football club they support, then ask them if they watch these football clubs on NTA every weekend"

I couldn't help but laugh when I read the comment.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2011
oyb:

abegi!

that little Arrow - once you kick the runts arse he goes running to the mods for cover cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol. See this thing legged fool! Abeg, come and dance ajasko for my entertainment jare!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2011
excerpts from transcript of gej debate

kokomaster: what will you do about the bombing in nigeria

good dunce: we shall pray the bombers bobs explode in their faces. back to sender

[img]http://tagadavao.files./2008/07/applause.gif[/img]

kokomaster: how wil you resolve the power situation

good dunce: this is a seven point agenda i am unveiling for our power situation

[img]http://tagadavao.files./2008/07/applause.gif[/img]

and so on and so forth
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2011
9ijaMan:

"Their excuse for not showing up for the debates is laughable to say the least. Claiming the debate wont be watched by the masses because its not on NTA?? go out on the streets and ask any pure water seller, any danfo driver, any okada rider, any member of the president's cabinet, his aides, even he himself, ask them what football club they support, then ask them if they watch these football clubs on NTA every weekend"

What clever words!
Its true, they all have satellite dishes. Nigerian farmers all watch CNN and Sky Sports.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by sharpman1(m): 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2011
. . . . . . . . after a long search. . . . . this thread finally confirms that. . . . . . the GREATEST MUMU on Nairaland is . . . . . BEAF!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by SkyBlue1: 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2011
9ijaMan:

That is because they are more interested in football so would make the extra effort to watch it, so the analogy is a tad weak. Many people keenly interested in the elections sought out NN24 streams online to watch the debate between Buhari, Ribadu and Sheakrau, however, not everybody (dare I say even the majority of registered voters) follow the election that keenly. People watch NTA passively to pick up news or whatever, and it is the not so keen people who can still be swayed and whose interest for the election can be prepped that would be the missed opportunity to reach, but whatever. I don't even know why I am crying more than the bereaved. Let the candidates do whatever they want, it is there campaign.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 24, 2011
amazing the empty brains of gej supporters

if people can find their way to viewing centres to watch football, they can do the same for a debate

i wonder if the farmers who don't have dishes have generators to watch nta when phcn fails
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Bukittes(f): 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2011
I sincerely don't know what the bruhaha is about this debate! If they like let attend, if they like let them stab it. How does it contribute to the progress of this country? Promises that we've heard since inception of democracy. Talk is cheap but action is expensive in this country. What noise are we making sef about the NN24 debate? the debate was as useless as it sounded! All of them were singing the same song , "I am not PDP" Didnt we all know that? The thing that pained me most was that I had to go watch in another person's house far from my bunk and I left the debate halfway cos the anchor woman was asking some dumb questions! You can imagine her asking Buhari "Has the PDP done well in this country?" (Paraphrased) do u expect an opponent to say yes my opponent has done well? Is this something BON too wants to subject us to? Then it is good the candidates opted out, we will listen to less ranting from clueless pple. Imagine Shekarau emerging as the best candidate from that debate!!!! Kai Nigeria is in trouble!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by solihu(m): 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2011
I sincerely salute the open display of shamelessness from the GEJ fan club! Even though I can't share the grief of being the suckers that you are.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2011
sharp man:

. . . . . . . . after a long search. . . . . this thread finally confirms that. . . . . . the GREATEST MUMU on Nairaland is . . . . . BEAF!

Possibly, but think of your entire line, and my small toe packs more intellect. lol!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 24, 2011
solihu:

I sincerely salute the open display of shamelessness from the GEJ fan club! Even though I can't share the grief of being the suckers that you are.

it is indeed amazing that they could post this articel, with everything in it, and engage in the drug addled belief that it indicted bb , ribadu and shekerau

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

6 Wanted Boko Haram Suspects Arrested In Lagos / Amosun Rewards Paralympian, Coach With N1.5m / Atiku Will Surely Not Disappoint – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.