Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,462 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate (18588 Views)

Poll: Should Buhari, Shekerau and Ribadu attend the BON debate?

Yes: 42% (76 votes)
No: 57% (101 votes)
This poll has ended

Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? / Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate / BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Adeoladada: 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2011
Rem that he his still our president till april so he needs to choose time that is convinient for him,and he needs to be careful,RIBADU AND CO can attend any kind of debate but GEJ will only attend the one that suit his status. IF THEY ARE NOT AFFRAID OF INTERNATIONAL SHAME LET THEM GO FOR BON DEBATE. whether you like it or not GEJ WILL STILL CONTINUE TO BE OUR PRESIDENT.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Sagamite(m): 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf:

You? A midget, corner me intellectually?  grin grin grin
Damn! maybe you've had too much akpeteshi. You are a defeated dunce that equates support to bigotry. Pathetic.

Beaf:

How about your own case, "I don't support GEJ, because I am a bigot?*
You see you are a fool who is incapable of logic? LOL!

I support GEJ, if you don't like it, jump into the nearest well; its like you have mental problems or something.
You keep making a right id!ot of yourself, like you're some sort of thought police or little Idi Amin.

After going through my profile for hours, you've come up looking every bit the dunce you are.

How I wish there was a trophy for most stvpid NLer, you'd have won handsdown.

Dude, you're a foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!! And its very entertaining.

Checked your profile for hours?  grin grin grin grin  I don't have to look through your profile history for more than 2 mins to see 100 GEJ's watery-shyt appreciation fanaticism. "Fresh Air 2011" grin

Where did you get your passion/dream about GEJ from? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by mbulela: 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2011
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by xremmy(m): 8:57pm On Mar 24, 2011
I strongly believe thr trio of buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau are making a mistake by boycotting this debate.

1, GEJ is the incumbent and they are all contenders, they have to always look for ways to get at him even if it means to swallow their pride. Defending champions get to chose who they fight and when they fight.

2, Seriously, BON has a wider coverage than NN24, nairaland and shara reporters put together. What should be upmost on their minds is to look for ways to garner more votes to themselves by every opportunity available at their disposal.

3, GEJ is a sitting president, and no matter the explanation or excuses offered by his team for missing the NN24 debate, he still has a master stroke excuse. He still has the job of governing  Nigeria. If he believes there are pressing national issues he has to attend to than going for a debate, then he has his reasons (but an apology and explanation to that effect would have been appropriate)

Politics don't play fair here. We can see what is already happening in the states between the parties. So you never bring a knife to a gun fight and complain when beaten. You beat the at their own game.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by nastydamus(m): 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ Beaf:
A prayer needs to be completed here, just say "Amen" so we can move on to other matters:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-630723.0.html

Who no like good life? Ask Beaf! grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by doja(m): 9:11pm On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf, can you please answer the question so that we can move on? please dissapoint us for once show us you are better than we all give u credit for.

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by kushe: 9:11pm On Mar 24, 2011
i really want to make sense but this fantastic picture at the top of my screen is just distracting me. and when did nairaland start accomodating stuff like this ? naa waa oo, naija parry gbaa.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by kushe: 9:14pm On Mar 24, 2011
now it is below my page. naira party cool
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by xterra2(m): 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2011
[size=14pt]
Shit they bleeped up in the NN24 debate, they waited for jonathan they shouldnt have backed out till the last minute by not going to the debate so jonathan would be waiting for them at the venue the president would have been disgraced live on tv grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[/size]
just like they did to them, they shoul have done that
they bleeped up
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by SkyBlue1: 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2011
dejumotalks posted

@alanbolo , you are wrong!!!
there mite be 650k registered members on nairaland, but [b]over 20million viewers and readers [/b]who are influenced by our post.

this ppl are better enlightened by this platform.

Incumbent should go debate himself since he disregarded a much more genuine and fair debate.

Abegi let us hia word. 20million what kind of wild claim is that? How did you do the maths? What is the most views you have seen for any thread? How many threads exceed 100 thousand views (a lot of which tend to be repeated views from the same people posting in such threads)? Also let us not forget that whether you are a member or not, when you open a thread you add to the view count. And with your aleged 20million passive viewers we still haven't seen many threads pass one million views? How many of those 650k registered ids are multiple ids and how many are still active sef? I believe we have more passive readers than active posters but no need to make such wild claims here. Why am I picking up on this issue? Because nairaland is not Nigeria. We are told that a much larger percentage of Nigerians live in the rural areas than urban ones. How many of them have access to internet compared with how many of them can watch NTA? Parties like PDP (regardless of whether you hate them or not) have better structures on the ground to better reach the rural population than urban ones. The opposition can't keep making the same mistakes and crying foul when they loose. Every opportunity is important. Urban votes won't win you the election, I mean, didn't anybody observe what happened in the Delta State rerun election? What percentage of active nairaland posters are even registered to vote? Opposition candidates would keep ignoring rural (non internet users) at their own risk and keep wondering why they loose. Volunteers for opposition candidates should have turned more focus on the thousands of villages scattered across the country. The world does not start and end with nairaland.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by mbulela: 9:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
xremmy:

I strongly believe thr trio of buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau are making a mistake by boycotting this debate.

1, GEJ is the incumbent and they are all contenders, they have to always look for ways to get at him even if it means to swallow their pride. Defending champions get to chose who they fight and when they fight.

2, Seriously, BON has a wider coverage than NN24, nairaland and shara reporters put together. What should be upmost on their minds is to look for ways to garner more votes to themselves by every opportunity available at their disposal.

3, GEJ is a sitting president, and no matter the explanation or excuses offered by his team for missing the NN24 debate, he still has a master stroke excuse. He still has the job of governing  Nigeria. If he believes there are pressing national issues he has to attend to than going for a debate, then he has his reasons (but an apology and explanation to that effect would have been appropriate)

Politics don't play fair here. We can see what is already happening in the states between the parties. So you never bring a knife to a gun fight and complain when beaten. You beat the at their own game.

They have made no mistake.
you are exaggerating the importance of these debates.
this particular one is just to massage GEJ's ego and those of his PDP folks.
their is not much to be gained by it.
it is still the same bunch who watched NN24 that will watch it.
what will they say that you and i have not heard already?
the poor man in the market and on the street does not have light to watch either NN24 or BON (i have not had light for 11 days now and would not waste my generator watching it, i'll rather watch football or a good series).
If GEJ did not have time for the NN24 debate, it is perfectly understandable if they also do not have time for this one.
what is the big deal?
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by seanet02: 9:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf your attention is highly needed now. If GEJ refuse to participate in a more open and transparent debate he can go and debate with Patience umblera
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by violent(m): 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2011
chei! una wicked o! see as una chop Beef Beaf finish!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2011
the freakezoid Beaf is wat Yorubas call Aba Oba ku angry , only God knowshow much dey paid the looser.

, guy, just get a life (Fresh air indeed)
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Kilode1: 10:18pm On Mar 24, 2011
Where did you get your passion/dream about GEJ from?  

^^^^^^^
This thing don finally become Jamb question?  shocked

I always suspected Sagamite was an underpaid Lecturer, tongue

I did not know he also doubles as an invigilator.    cheesy
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by dbells: 10:22pm On Mar 24, 2011
April polls: First Lady gives fund to female candidates
News Mar 24, 2011

BY DANIEL IDONOR

ABUJA – FIRST Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, Wednesday hosted over 809 female candidates from all the registered political parties nationwide and doled out undisclosed amount of money to each of the candidates for the April polls.

The candidates, who were treated to a dinner at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential villa, Abuja, are those that made the Independent Electoral Commission, INEC, list for the 2011 general elections .

Mrs. Jonathan held dialogue with the female candidates who had won their primaries, the first in history by any First Lady in Nigeria.

Through her Women for Change and Development Initiative, she gave out undisclosed amount to five female governorship candidates, 88 women contesting for senatorial seats, 218 House of Representatives and 493 state Houses of Assembly candidates.

- Would jonathan and dame umblerra leave anything in the treasury after the election? i dey fear o!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Sagamite(m): 10:24pm On Mar 24, 2011
Kilode?!:

Where did you get your passion/dream about GEJ from?  

^^^^^^^
This thing don finally become Jamb question?  shocked

I always suspected Sagamite was an underpaid Lecturer, tongue

I did not know he also doubles as an invigilator.    cheesy

It is not even the hard question.

It is Question 1(c) that carries 4 marks out of the 25 marks that Question 1 carries in total.  grin

And the guy no fit answer.  cheesy
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Sagamite(m): 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2011
dbells:

April polls: First Lady gives fund to female candidates
News Mar 24, 2011

BY DANIEL IDONOR

ABUJA – FIRST Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, Wednesday hosted over 809 female candidates from all the registered political parties nationwide and doled out undisclosed amount of money to each of the candidates for the April polls.

The candidates, who were treated to a dinner at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential villa, Abuja, are those that made the Independent Electoral Commission, INEC, list for the 2011 general elections .

Mrs. Jonathan held dialogue with the female candidates who had won their primaries, the first in history by any First Lady in Nigeria.

Through her Women for Change and Development Initiative, she gave out undisclosed amount to five female governorship candidates, 88 women contesting for senatorial seats, 218 House of Representatives and 493 state Houses of Assembly candidates.

- Would jonathan and dame umblerra leave anything in the treasury after the election? i dey fear o!

Beaf's defence of the Silverback's wife: FRESH AIR 2011!!!  grin grin grin

If GEJ shyt shyt like watery beans on national TV and wears his trousers without wiping arse, it is Fresh Air to the fanatic. grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by alanbolo(m): 10:30pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sky Blue:

Abegi let us hia word. 20million what kind of wild claim is that? How did you do the maths?
I will also like to know what type of statics software he used?

Sky Blue:
Opposition candidates would keep ignoring rural (non internet users) at their own risk and keep wondering why they loose. Volunteers for opposition candidates should have turned more focus on the thousands of villages scattered across the country. The world does not start and end with nairaland.
9ice-1.   that is what am talking about,  opposition parties need to work d grass root. This election will depends on what resonate with the electorates.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by medjai(m): 10:32pm On Mar 24, 2011
GEj cannot whimsically call the shots as per the debate. I support the boycott.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 10:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sagamite:

It is not even the hard question.

It is Question 1(c) that carries 4 marks out of the 25 marks that Question 1 carries in total.  grin

And the guy no fit answer.  cheesy

You are still here asking daft questions with your court of village jesters? shocked
Funny guy, I thought you had laid all nicely to bigotry, but you only made yourself look the fool you are.
What a dunce! If you don't like GEJ, its your call. I like GEJ, let it kill you.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Sagamite(m): 10:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf:

You are still here asking daft questions with your court of village jesters? shocked
Funny guy, I thought you had laid all nicely to bigotry, but you only made yourself look the fool you are.
What a dunce! If you don't like GEJ, its your call. I like GEJ, let it kill you.

Ok, you like GEJ.

Where did you get your passion/dream about GEJ from? grin

Are you inspired by Mrs Umblerah distributing money of unknown source to politicians? grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 10:37pm On Mar 24, 2011
dejumotalks:

the freakezoid Beaf is wat Yorubas call Aba Oba ku angry , only God knowshow much dey paid the looser.

, guy, just get a life (Fresh air indeed)

Your whole line are loosers.

[size=21pt]Fresh Air 2011!!![/size] cool
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 10:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sagamite:

Ok, you like GEJ.

Where did you get your passion/dream about GEJ from? grin

I like GEJ, but I don't answer stvpid questions. Here you are like a fool asking why I like GEJ, even though you hate him.
Even if you were an armed robber holding me at gunpoint, I would still tell you, that your question makes you look stvpid.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Sagamite(m): 10:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
Reetardeen Jonathan Goofluck's diapers:

NL Campaign Director, Beaf:

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMYUlAoQeA[/flash]

"with Fresh Air"
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 10:46pm On Mar 24, 2011
[size=14pt]Beaf arrests Sagamite for being damn stvpid in public!!!![/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Sagamite(m): 10:48pm On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf:

I like GEJ, but I don't answer stvpid questions. Here you are like a fool asking why I like GEJ, even though you hate him.
Even if you were an armed robber holding me at gunpoint, I would still tell you, that your question makes you look stvpid.

What is stvpid about asking what you see in a candidate that inspires you so fanatically? grin

You scared of answering or you have no answer? grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sagamite:

What is stvpid about asking what you see in a candidate that inspires you so fanatically? grin

You scared of answering or you have no answer? grin

[size=14pt]While you were typing stvpidly, I took a picture of you.
Ladies and gents, this is Sagamite (fresh from the zoo):[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Sagamite(m): 11:00pm On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf:

[size=14pt]While you were typing stvpidly, I took a picture of you.
Ladies and gents, this is Sagamite (fresh from the zoo):[/size]

Simple question: Where did you get your passion/dream about GEJ from? grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by marvix(m): 11:02pm On Mar 24, 2011
My fellow Nigerians are so sentimental that no one has bothered to ask if two wrongs can make a right.

Yes Jonathan was wrong by failing to attend the NN24 debate but the opposition pulling out of this would it correct or change the NN24 debate.

Why are we responding so quick to the allegation that Jonathan requested that the dates be shifted, that was not the only request he made and if all could not be met he informed earlier that he would not be attending but everyone was waiting if at the last minute he would change his mind, a week before the presidential debate the Vice Presidential debate held and Sambo wasnt there so where are we getting the idea that Jonathan pulled out at the last minute.

The first debate exposed to other contestants especially Buhari and Ribadu that those in govt may actually understand Nigeria problem than they give them credit for and if care is not taken Jonathan may be flooring them most especially when he would be having the questions before hand.

It is a debate, if jonathan did not come to the first debate he has lost ground there and maybe wants to catch up with this one so let the others not pull out, it would tell us a lot about them
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 11:08pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sagamite:

Simple question: Where did you get your passion/dream about GEJ from? grin

[size=14pt]All hail the king of stvpid. Asking stvpid questions as usual and getting the beating of his stvpid life!!!!![/size]

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by gernded(m): 11:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
apart from joke or our political difference the boy called (beaf) is a slowpoke he is a dull brain he don't make comparison before he voice out,he talk like a mad man, he say whatever his mind tell's him

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

2019: Even If PDP Picks My Son As Party Chairman, I Will Still Contest - Fayose / Execution Of Notorious Nigerian Robber ‘doctor’ Ishola Oyenusi On Sept 8th 1971 / More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.