Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:40 AM

Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate (18592 Views)

Poll: Should Buhari, Shekerau and Ribadu attend the BON debate?

Yes: 42% (76 votes)
No: 57% (101 votes)
This poll has ended

Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? / Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate / BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Jamesakume(m): 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2011
Eff All the Haters!!! Ribadu is the answer!!!

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by KAYD007(m): 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2011
shld all the opposition presidential candidates boycott the BON debate, it then follows the essence of the debate will be defeated,  GEJ cannot debate with himself, he will be left out in the cold.

The opposition shld follow thru with their boycott. And attends subsequent ones organised by independent groups.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Gbenge77(m): 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2011
Ozin:

Beaf you dey too much for this GEJ enemies.I beg take am easy with them before them go gum transformer o!
  you are an unrepentant GEJ supporter.how could you be backing such a mediocre president?you want them to loot the treasury dry?
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by zeeleso(f): 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2011
IF GEJ had ignored the NN24 debate from  the onset, he would just be exercising his right to turn down any debate he wants to. But until after negotiations and various demands had happened that he turned it down. Did he forget that BON existed when he was negotiating the NN24 debates?As a matter of fact NN24 initially said all local stations would be airing their debate, it was until after signs that GEJ would not be attending that we were made to know the local stations would not be airing it. They are blameless in thinking he cooked the BON-traditional-debate-organiser excuse to wiggle out of the NN24 debate because his demandsexpo were not met. So excuse them if they believe he must've somehow had these demandsexpo met by BON to have accepted BON's debate.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by bkbabe97y(m): 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sagamite:

GBAM!!!

They are just giving GEJ a 1-1 escape clause.

Silverback Gorilla: "I missed a debate and they missed a debate. We are both the same."

Not really, Sagamite.

Whats the point going into a debate where the idi*otic Riverine Cowboy already has the answers and has been studying the question for weeks?

No point. Smart move on my part.

But u know the important message the 3 other Politicians sent us that most seem to be missing?

THAT, EVENTUALLY, THEY MIGHT ALL BAND TOGETHER TO DISLODGE GEJ AND HIS CRONIES!!!!

Dont tell me everyone is missing the fact that 3 of them had to be in constant communication for this boycott to have been possible!

Watch for a shocker coming early next week!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by KAYD007(m): 4:21pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ beaf
why cry wolve, you said he didnot attend NN24 presidential debate because he is afraid and hv stuff to hide. Now you have an opportunity to speak 2 Nigeriian populace u have decided to chicken out. I put it to u sir, u also have sometin to hide, cos a clear conscience would fear no gathering

nope they did not chicken out as u would want others to believe,  they are only paying him in his own coin.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Katsumoto: 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf:

I keep asking the one question. How come Adeola read out his entire response to the question of what he thought his job as VP entailed? How come?
If you have the video, watch it again. How come?

Beaf,

Honestly your lack of objectivity is puzzling. You are within your rights to support any candidate you want; you are even allowed to be biased in your selection. But if your aim is to convince others (undecided voters) to support your candidate, you are not going about it the right way. Remember that in any election, it is the undecided voters that matter. You are unlikely to convince core CPC or ACN supporters to switch to GEJ.

In this stance, I think your position is flawed and wrong. You are castigating the three leading contenders for boycotting a debate when GEJ himself boycotted the first debate with no credible reason despite having the debate moved to a date and time set by his campaign team. No candidate is perfect; all have their flaws. We all know that. If you want to be taken seriously, there should be times you put your hand up and admit when your candidate or his team has erred.

Just my opinion.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by yummy001: 4:26pm On Mar 24, 2011
"For Nigerians who will be voting for the Peoples Democratic Party / GEJ my prayer is, may all your lives be run the way the PDP has been running Nigeria in the past 12 to 13 years. , Amen" ~Abs Umar

If none of you can say Amen to that prayer,then you are all enemies of Nigeria. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Sagamite(m): 4:27pm On Mar 24, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Not really, Sagamite.

Whats the point going into a debate where the idi*otic Riverine Cowboy already has the answers and has been studying the question for weeks?

No point. Smart move on my part.

But u know the important message the 3 Northern Politicians sent us that most seem to be missing?

THAT, EVENTUALLY, THEY MIGHT ALL BAND TOGETHER TO DISLODGE GEJ AND HIS CRONIES!!!!

Dont tell me everyone is missing the fact that 3 of them had to be in constant communication for this boycott to have been possible!

Watch for a shocker coming early next week!

No.

Irrespective of Silverback Gorilla having questions for weeks and studying, there is NO BETTER platform to challenge that cheating than to be on the TV and throw that accusation. NONE!

I will go there, and have my list of questions that the facilitator should be asking Silverback and challenge the facilitators independence. The other 2 candidates should do the same.

If the facilitator is not responding, THEN all 3 should walk out at the same time from the kangaroo debate with their supporters in the audience giving them a round of applause.

Tactical geniosity! Humiliate the Silverback and his goons.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Sagamite(m): 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
Katsumoto:

Beaf,

Honestly your lack of objectivity is puzzling. You are within your rights to support any candidate you want; you are even allowed to be biased in your selection. But if your aim is to convince others (undecided voters) to support your candidate, you are not going about it the right way. Remember that in any election, it is the undecided voters that matter. You are unlikely to convince core CPC or ACN supporters to switch to GEJ.

In this stance, I think your position is flawed and wrong. You are castigating the three leading contenders for boycotting a debate when GEJ himself boycotted the first debate with no credible reason despite having the debate moved to a date and time set by his campaign team. No candidate is perfect; all have their flaws. We all know that. If you want to be taken seriously, there should be times you put your hand up and admit when your candidate or his team has erred.

Just my opinion.

Stop wasting your time, my fren. 

Beaf is not looking to convince anybody. He is just possessed with his ethnic bigotry and demonstrate his blind support.

If Silverback Gorilla GEJ came on TV and in front of Cameras took of his trousers and shat on stage, Beaf will still not condemn him.

He would argue blindly and unashamedly: "That is the best shyt I have ever seen. It is of the right colour and liquidity. It has the Fresh Air GEJ promised. I will die supporting GEJ."
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by OAM4J: 4:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sagamite:

No.

Irrespective of Silverback Gorilla having questions for weeks and studying, there is NO BETTER platform to challenge that cheating than to be on the TV and through that accusation. NONE!

I will go there, and have my list of questions that the facilitator should be asking Silverback and challenge the facilitators independence. The other 2 candidates should do the same.

If the facilitator is not responding, THEN all 3 should walk out at the same time from the kangaroo debate with their supporters in the audience giving them a round of applause.

Good strategy i must say, but i doubt any one is suggesting this to them.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Demdem(m): 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
Well, i for one will definately not watch another arranged kokolette debate organized by BON. I am not even convinced that GEJ doesn't even have the questions already in his possession knowing fully well that was the real reason why he didnt attend the NN24s.
All were set initially and Doyin okupe was present all through and for GEJ to suddely changed his mind citing a flimsy accessiblity excuse is totally unacceptable
Anyway, he shouldbe excited that he wont be alone. he has the likes of Momodu and Okotie to debate with.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by bkbabe97y(m): 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sagamite:

If Silverback Gorilla GEJ came on TV and in front of Cameras took of his trousers and shat on stage, Beaf will still not condemn him.

He would argue blindly and unashamedly: "That is the best shyt I have ever seen. It is of the right colour and liquidity. It has the Fresh Air GEJ promised. I will die supporting GEJ."

ROFLMAO!!!!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Wallie(m): 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2011
I don’t know how many of you have actually being through a formal debate but preparation is one of the main factors of being successful. Seeing the questions before hand allows any slightly competent person to craft perfect responses.

I think the opposition should demand that the questions be made available to all the candidates so as to put them on equal footing or that they should each submit a couple of questions just before the debate that questions will be drawn from. This way, nobody can be accused of cheating!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Katsumoto: 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sagamite:

No.

Irrespective of Silverback Gorilla having questions for weeks and studying, there is NO BETTER platform to challenge that cheating than to be on the TV and through that accusation. NONE!

I agree with you to an extent but the whole process can be manipulated in a very tactile manner making it difficult for any of the candidates to take that position. For instance, you can use an isolation strategy whereby one of the other candidates is made to look very good (possibly the one with the lowest reach), thereby breaking any pre-debate pact they might have had.

It is difficult to say with all certainty how such a debate will play out. It all depends on the intelligence of the candidates, the moderator, and the organisers. The candidates have to be very careful before attending such a debate. My position is that the formality of the debate is deliberated and agreed upon publicly.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sagamite:

Stop wasting your time, my fren.  grin

Beaf is not looking to convince anybody. He is just possessed with his ethnic bigotry and demonstrate his blind support.

LOL!! GEJ is Ijaw and I am Isoko. Can someone please redefine ethnic bigotry, it seems to have a new meaning? grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Wallie(m): 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2011
I don’t know how many of you have actually being through a formal debate but preparation is one of the main factors of being successful. Seeing the questions before hand allows any slightly competent person to craft perfect responses.

I think the opposition should demand that the questions be made available to all the candidates so as to put them on equal footing or that they should each submit a couple of questions just before the debate that questions will be drawn from. This way, nobody can be accused of cheating!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Katsumoto: 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2011
Repeated
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by zeeleso(f): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sagamite said
hey are just giving GEJ a 1-1 escape clause.

Silverback Gorilla: "I missed a debate and they missed a debate. We are both the same."
Wrong!!! Hes missing two while they are missing one. Therez another debate tomorrow and guess what. . .

yap, you got that right, Jonathan wouldn't be there.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
1999, obj came and made promise upon promise, he failed, 2003,he beg for a 2nd term to enable him fullfil his promise, again he failed, 2007, he brought yar'dua/gej to come and do what he cudn't do for 8yars, and what happen yar'adua RIP, , ur Gej was part of that admistration 4 good 4yrs, and they failed or was he not there? that brings us to 2011, the same failing term in the pasted 12 yrs(obj, ibb, annenih, atiku and the rest of other looters in PDP) are potrating ur moses(GEJ) to come and change 9ja, give him ur vote and u give away another 4yrs of no light, no gd road, no infrastructure, no job, no hospital, high cost of food.etc, even a kid from kindergarten know who to vote 4 this time aroung, it bit my imagination seeing our 2day youth, campaigning 4 GEJ (PDP),
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2011
Nigeria's total outstanding debt: N4,551,822,388,000.00 - The world bank estimates that as a result of corruption 80% of oil earnings benefits only 1% of the population (and we know who that 1% is!!) taken from today's Guardian pg 23. Do we need any more evidence? VOTE FOR CHANGE VOTE WISELY!!!!!!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!! no pdp
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nicklee(m): 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2011
There we go again - Nigerians completely disappointing!!!

There is no where else in the world that a candidate will behave the way GEJ embarrassed the other candidates, and still stand as one of the frontline candidates. You can't abuse your office for ever. If every other candidate had to bend their schedules to suit GEJ, the least he could do would have been to honor the invitation. And for crying OUT LOUD, what is wrong with Nigerian? On one hand we are begging for foreign and local investors to invest and help us drive our economy. Then suddenly we are quick to declare that only NTA has the reach to organize a debate. Nothing says that there shouldn't be more then one debate in the country - we could have had the NN24 debate, the BON debate, the youths debate and even one or two more debates before the elections. Everyone of these institutions probably have their different viewer-ships.

This brings me to the most rotten part of our collective physic as Nigerians - We have lost every sense of personal dignity. Nigerians don't even know that there is a price to pay for our collective right to personal dignity. GEJ's move was a slap on the sensibility of every Nigerian and yet some apologists are here giving him thumbs up. Oh Nigeria, why do I have to cry for thee every morning. Years of hardship have confused our minds and reduced us to a people with no collective pride, a selfish brood and ethnically bigoted. I remember when McCain tried to bail out on a debate albeit for a very pressing economic issue - it is on record that this singular act contributed immensely to his defeat at the elections. Americans rose up to completely condemn him. Again, only in Nigeria would this nonsense happen. Little wonder some of Nigeria's brightest minds leave the country, take up permanent residencies and never ever bother to look back. There is a lot to worry about.

For the records, I am proud of the decisions of the opposition. They have not said they won't participate in debates anymore, but that they won't participate in a debate with GEJ. These guys are trying to make a statement that no one should toy with our collective sensibilities and allowed to go scot-free. But we, the morons (yes I'm probably one too), are rising as always, to do what we know how to do best - trade our dignities for senselessness. Little wonder Nigerians would watch elections riggers snatch ballot boxes and stuff them up during elections and nothing would happen. Afterall, don't you need a pretty deep sense of personal responsibility to realize that rigging an election is a spite on your dignity as a man and calls for strong action on your part? But nope, that is not Nigeria - probably would have happened in the Nigeria of my dreams.

Wake up people - wake up!!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
Katsumoto:

Beaf,

Just my opinion.

As I posted earlier, I recall Buhari snubbed another debate as well. Its a game both frontrunners are playing with the publicity engines. At the end of the day, it boils down to cold tactics. GEJ was lambasted for carrying it a bit far with the last debate, so there is no excuse why Buhari at least shouldn't get a full cold shower now.

The fact is, I want all four men to go head to head, because both Buhari and Ribadu absolutely lack substance and charisma. Shekarau is the only challenge.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by OAM4J: 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sagamite:

Stop wasting your time, my fren. 

He would argue blindly and unashamedly: "That is the best shyt I have ever seen. It is of the right colour and liquidity. It has the Fresh Air GEJ promised. I will die supporting GEJ
."

lol  grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
Nicklee:

There we go again - Nigerians completely disappointing!!!

There is no where else in the world that a candidate will behave the way GEJ embarrassed the other candidates, and still stand as one of the frontline candidates. You can't abuse your office for ever. If every other candidate had to bend their schedules to suit GEJ, the least he could do would have been to honor the invitation. And for crying OUT LOUD, what is wrong with Nigerian? On one hand we are begging for foreign and local investors to invest and help us drive our economy. Then suddenly we are quick to declare that only NTA has the reach to organize a debate. Nothing says that there shouldn't be more then one debate in the country - we could have had the NN24 debate, the BON debate, the youths debate and even one or two more debates before the elections. Everyone of these institutions probably have their different viewer-ships.

This brings me to the most rotten part of our collective physic as Nigerians - We have lost every sense of personal dignity. Nigerians don't even know that there is a price to pay for our collective right to personal dignity. GEJ's move was a slap on the sensibility of every Nigerian and yet some apologists are here giving him thumbs up. Oh Nigeria, why do I have to cry for thee every morning. Years of hardship have confused our minds and reduced us to a people with no collective pride, a selfish brood and ethnically bigoted. I remember when McCain tried to bail out on a debate albeit for a very pressing economic issue - it is on record that this singular act contributed immensely to his defeat at the elections. Americans rose up to completely condemn him. Again, only in Nigeria would this nonsense happen. Little wonder some of Nigeria's brightest minds leave the country, take up permanent residencies and never ever bother to look back. There is a lot to worry about.

For the records, I am proud of the decisions of the opposition. They have not said they won't participate in debates anymore, but that they won't participate in a debate with GEJ. These guys are trying to make a statement that no one should toy with our collective sensibilities and allowed to go scot-free. But we, the morons (yes I'm probably one too), are rising as always, to do what we know how to do best - trade our dignities for senselessness. Little wonder Nigerians would watch elections riggers snatch ballot boxes and stuff them up during elections and nothing would happen. Afterall, don't you need a pretty deep sense of personal responsibility to realize that rigging an election is a spite on your dignity as a man and calls for strong action on your part? But nope, that is not Nigeria - probably would have happened in the Nigeria of my dreams.

Wake up people - wake up!!
Gbam my brother/sister they are in total blindness we need to make them see things

Nigeria's total outstanding debt: N4,551,822,388,000.00 - The world bank estimates that as a result of corruption 80% of oil earnings benefits only 1% of the population (and we know who that 1% is!!) taken from today's Guardian pg 23. Do we need any more evidence? VOTE FOR CHANGE VOTE WISELY!!!!!!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Sagamite(m): 4:46pm On Mar 24, 2011
OAM4J:

Good strategy i must say, but i doubt any one is suggesting this to them.

That is why they all should pay me millions to be an adviser.  grin

I am strategically and tactically superior to anyone they have at the moment. cool

Katsumoto:

I agree with you to an extent but the whole process can be manipulated in a very tactile manner making it difficult for any of the candidates to take that position. For instance, you can use an isolation strategy whereby one of the other candidates is made to look very good (possibly the one with the lowest reach), thereby breaking any pre-debate pact they might have had.

It is difficult to say with all certainty how such a debate will play out. It all depends on the intelligence of the candidates, the moderator, and the organisers. The candidates have to be very careful before attending such a debate. My position is that the formality of the debate is deliberated and agreed upon publicly.

Irrespectively, they would have more leverage being on stage condemning. Having their minutes to speak. It does not require unity to be successful.

It is easy: "These are the questions Nigerians expect you to be asking Mr President to show this debate is not crooked up and he does not have questions in advance"

e.g. Run down of the ECA, how come no Nigerian is in court for Halliburton bribery months after several people have been jailed abroad etc.

"Mr Moderator, ask and prove that contrary to popular belief, you are independent"

By the time he demands the moderator ask Silverback one question and another candidate demands his own, we will unveil the dunce.

Beaf:

LOL!! GEJ is Ijaw and I am Isoko. Can someone please redefine ethnic bigotry, it seems to have a new meaning? grin

And is that not SS? Was that not the basis of your support for GEJ from day one, where you were attributing the continued flowing of water in River Niger as a sign of GEJ performing excellently?

Cut the crap. You know the foundation of your blind support.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2011
So with this repeat call for a debate with GEJ from Ribadu,the guy want to take off? Clueless Malams!!!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by fxskye: 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ Beaf,
As an aspirant, you must know your duties of the position u'r contesting for. Just like a job seeker, says a telecom Engr, such person must get prepare to answer such question like what are your roles or duties,

That question Adeola wasn't an expo at all. I think Adeola was smart enough to have prepared himself adequately for the debate. Or does mr. president needs to be given an expo question like " what are d duties of a president?"
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by ideylaff: 4:51pm On Mar 24, 2011
I will expect Doyin Okupe to come out to denied this revelation from the other candidates because I can't still believe that, what they said truly happened.

I was in Abuja on the very Night this meeting took place at NICON NOGA, abi na HILTON, Doyin Okupe delayed the meeting for over and hour and when he brought his big belly into the CEO of NN24's office he was still blabbing on his 2 phones.

To be honest I did not expect anything much 4rm him,

All the while he was working for OBJ, na sos so drink/sex the bobo dey on, se the callibre of people leading the frontline for GEJ,
sad sad
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Demdem(m): 4:54pm On Mar 24, 2011
Wallie:

You mean open book exam eh grin grin grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 5:03pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sagamite:

. . .
And is that not SS? Was that not the basis of your support for GEJ from day one, where you were attributing the continued flowing of water in River Niger as a sign of GEJ performing excellently?

Cut the crap. You know the foundation of your blind support.

LOL! And SS is now an ethnicity?
If you are sincere enough, you will go through my profile, see that my support for GEJ did not until months after his Acting Presidency. . . and you will hold your head in shame.

Dude, my profile is not hidden, go satisfy yourself. If you don't support GEJ, that's your business, if my support for him annoys you, thats your business as well. Its a free World.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by hsert(f): 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2011
I like this. I think its time this Goodluck of a guy knows that he's nothing without our votes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Execution Of Notorious Nigerian Robber ‘doctor’ Ishola Oyenusi On Sept 8th 1971 / Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! / More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.