Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) (67319 Views)

Di'ja - "Te Amo" (Video) / {download Mp3} : The Way You Are (gbadun You) - Di'ja Ft Tiwa Savage / Di'ja - Aphrodija :: Album Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
Very stupid song...

No rhythm no nothing and yes its offensive to me as Ibo!

No cogent message whatsoever but something to trend and maybe bring a buck or two back for their investments! Distasteful

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 10, 2020
Sanchez01:

No, not at all.
Ok bro. What names do your people call Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa? I am just curious.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by CSTRR: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2020
See her long neck like vulture.

How did she even break into the music industry?

8 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Sanchez01: 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2020
gomojam:
Ok bro. What names do your people call Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa? I am just curious.
Just like the Igbos, we also refer to them as Palm Oil eaters. Although, there are others which are considered stereotypical which I wouldn't want to make public.

For the Hausas, we refer to them as Kola nut eaters.

For the Igbos, we also refer to them as stone eaters, just like the Yorubas but mostly 'leaf eaters'.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Sanchez01: 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2020
CSTRR:
See her long neck like vulture.

How did she even break into the music industry?
'Awww'... You couldn't have possibly missed the song.

1 Like

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 3:58pm On Dec 10, 2020
Sanchez01:

Nothing is wise about it. Ethnic banters are one thing, rubbing certain slurs on one's face is another. The word is derogatory and not a wise business move. And to think that it is coming at a time when ethnic gaps are getting wider on a daily, it is a wrong call.

Mavin shouldn't have let this slide. Don Jazzy is half Igbo and should have been abreast of the history of the name. This is a miss.

She sure knows the meaning and possible reactions, but I think she didn’t mean any harm.

I guess the video would be that of a Fulani girl that brought home an Igbo guy (Inyamuri). Her parents would definitely show anger, why INYAMURI??

Then she goes on to tell them how he buys her designers and treats her like a VIP. More like, you can find love anywhere, even among inyamuris or Ndi Ofe mmanu.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Sanchez01: 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2020
pocohantas:

She sure knows the meaning and possible reactions, but I think she didn’t mean any harm.

I guess the video would be that of a Fulani girl that brought home an Igbo guy (Inyamuri). Her parents would definitely show anger, why INYAMURI??

Then she goes on to tell them how he buys her designers and treats her like a VIP. More like, you can find love anywhere, even among inyamuris or Ndi Ofe mmanu.

I agree. The lyrics aren't actually in sync with the original meaning of the derogative name.

The emboldened is a beautiful twist though.

6 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Quality20(m): 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2020
its OK , here in d middle belt, in our tribe we call igboz "odozari" meaning " one who bites a human being"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by DenreleDave(m): 4:40pm On Dec 10, 2020
grin grin grin grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by captianfreeman(m): 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2020
Dija, neck though.
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Ladycewhy(f): 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2020
Nbotee:
Nigerians are the highest bunch of hypocrites in the whole universe. The same Nigerians who are quick to jump online and rant wen any issue of racism comes up anywhere in the world are the same ones who would tell U it is normal to refer to their fellow Nigerians by terms dat were know are offensive
I was looking for this comment. Black man is quick to rub slurs on their faces and scream racism when another race does same.

Same way they call themselves "nigga" and cry wolf when it's coming from another race. If you as a black man does not respect yourself and your kin folk ,how will others respect you?. Anyone who sees this as ok has lost the moral ground to call anyone racist , tribalistic or even bigot.

As for the bolded ,I concur 100%

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2020
Which cares after all she is damn ugly Dead meat sellers
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by jneutron4000: 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2020
GavelSlam:
Oppression.
She should have called it Okoro.
grin
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2020
I even call it Yaminrin, I didn't know it was Nyem mmiri, lol

4 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by owobokiri(m): 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2020
No time for inconsequential trivials... Next topic plsss...

1 Like

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by joseph1832(m): 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2020
Ignorance!
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by femi4: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2020
fnep2smooth:
Every tribe has their own name.. Yoruba people call us "Omo ije okuta ma mu omi" mean people who eat stone without drinking water.

Igbo call yoruba "idi ofe imanu" meaning people with oily soup.

While Igbo people can hausa "Idi ugu" meaning people from the hill.

So every tribe get their own nickname but you need to be careful on how to use it because it sounds provocative to someone people same way nigroooo sound offensive to blacks.

At this heat of disintegration you de name ur single inyamuri, u won provoke some people.
What about "omo y.ibo"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2020
RemoveKebab:
Make I see one IDIAT wey go drag yoruba into this

You are that idiot

You just dragged your tribe into their issue
I swear sometimes you yoruba and Iboz are just funny

Una get time for nonsense
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2020
IamWonderful:
Igbos have suffer in Nigeria
Still making more out of life than your own people

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by wellmax(m): 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2020
Inyamuri

They can call others names,
Aboki means friend, but we all use it derogatorily
Ofe manu you use it derogatorily
So inyamuri, omo ibo, ono nna, just take in peace

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by johnhood(m): 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2020
Please nyamiri and nyamuri is the same thing?

2 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Jake19: 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

"The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> / Download Full Tracks: Duncan mighty Album – Grace & Talent / Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.