Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) (67314 Views)

Di'ja - "Te Amo" (Video) / {download Mp3} : The Way You Are (gbadun You) - Di'ja Ft Tiwa Savage / Di'ja - Aphrodija :: Album Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Bbbwings: 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

Afonja should not sound offensive to any Yoruba because it was the name of a Yoruba lineage warrior and king
Who gave you the authority on what i should find offensive or not?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by talktrue1234: 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2020
Sanchez01:

Nothing is wise about it. Ethnic banters are one thing, rubbing certain slurs on one's face is another. The word is derogatory and not a wise business move. And to think that it is coming at a time when ethnic gaps are getting wider on a daily, it is a wrong call.

Mavin shouldn't have let this slide. Don Jazzy is half Igbo and should have been abreast of the history of the name. This is a miss.

This the answer

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Onyemaya: 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
Hausa is not our problem on this forum idi ofemmanuu is our problem

2 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by wingmanIII: 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
Rilwayne001:
More like IYA MURI (Mari's mom) LMAO grin grin

Anyways, it's a nonsense to do, and I believe she did it intentionally.

Probably she did the music for her fellow Aboki, because she knows quite well how Aboki hate Igbo and would jump on anything that taunts them. Lol

Nevertheless, Igbos are no different too. On and off the internet, every other tribe is supposedly their enemy and they are often too rigid to deal with. Even here on nairaland, call Yoruba all sorts of names (AFONJA, SLAVES, Yoruba-Yoruba, SKULL MINER, etc). Hence, I don't pity them one bit.. Lol
Waoh! Congratulations! You don't pity them, but they pity you so much. They even pray and fast for your sake. Pity!

1 Like

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2020
jaytii:

They don't see it that way these days.
They refer to him as a coward that sold his right to the Fulanis

Afonja was not a coward but he just made a costly mistake

3 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Ladycewhy(f): 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2020
Angelfrost:

I make it a point of duty to ignore Nigerians and even certain African Americans who make a noise about racism... It always sounds hypocritical in my informed ears. Highly disgusting and disdainful to me.

The very same majority of blacks in America who constantly cry racial prejudice innately and viciously hate seeing or being around coloured immigrants, especially from Africa.

Black people anywhere in the world are their own worst enemies, especially in this third world nation!!! Nonsense!!! Mtchewww!!!

That said... Di'ja could and should have still known better than use that term as song title. It has to be an unusual level of desperation and hunger for spotlight to stoop that low. Poor thinking.
Exactly, but what I don't get is the mentality behind it all. We feel it's only us that have the right to insult ourselves,we feel we alone can use derogatory names on ourselves.

I sometimes ask if heaven will fall if we respect ourselves first and let other races pick up from there.

1 Like

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
Bbbwings:

Who gave you the authority on what i should find offensive or not?

Toor ko buru

2 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2020
talktrue1234:

This the answer

Who the fvck is this
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Onyemaya: 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2020
i wrote ndi ofemmanuu my browser translated it to ndi yoruba. can someone try it and find out

1 Like

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by lomprico(m): 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2020
Arrewa:
Hypocrites!!

But they're free to call A northerner onye ugwu, call a Yoruba man afonjaa or ndi Ofe mmanu!

People that filled with hatred and bitterness!!

That's how they one attacked Teni for calling Erica imp igbo.

how will you feel if flavor sings a song titled 'onye ofe mmanu' ?
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by alasane: 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
Nbotee:
Nigerians are the highest bunch of hypocrites in the whole universe. The same Nigerians who are quick to jump online and rant wen any issue of racism comes up anywhere in the world are the same ones who would tell U it is normal to refer to their fellow Nigerians by terms dat were know are offensive

Bullshit when "ABOKI" shine my shoe was trending you kept mute

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by KaptainAfrika: 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
What goes around comes around.

2 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Onyemaya: 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
GavelSlam:
Oppression. She should have called it Okoro. grin
Afonja easy na

3 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Wartsnigeria: 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
This is about context, listen to the song, she portrayed the igbo guy as a very rich guy that spoils her with money. Please let's stop this unnecessary trouble.

4 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Bbbwings: 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

Toor ko buru
Afonja was a great warrior alright.
But he was the sole reason we have a fulani emirate in ilorin today.
His name is synonymous with betrayal.
This is what nlers mean when they call you afonja.

5 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by oluwazoba25: 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2020
BIGGESThead6:
Every IGBO is IYAMURI
AND EVERY YORUBA İS Ndi Ofe mmanu.

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2020
Ladycewhy:
Exactly, but what I don't get is the mentality behind it all. We feel it's only us that have the right to insult ourselves,we feel we alone can use derogatory names on ourselves.

I sometimes ask if heaven will fall if we respect ourselves first and let other races pick up from there.

The exact same thing we keep harping about on this forum, but most bigoted idiots here think it's a joke. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Jidibia(m): 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2020
But they allowed aboki shine my shoe air on their radio stations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Onyemaya: 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2020
Arrewa:
Hypocrites!!

But they're free to call A northerner onye ugwu, call a Yoruba man afonjaa or ndi Ofe mmanu!

People that are filled with hatred and bitterness!!

That's how they one attacked Teni for calling Erica omo igbo.
we call Hausa Aboki while we call yoruba ndi red oil soup. na normal thing na

1 Like

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by twutin1: 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2020
IamWonderful:
From baby factory ritualism or drug trafficking, because I can't see where you are making life than crime and criminality

Bros stop Igbo hatred
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by BABSSSOO(m): 5:06pm On Dec 10, 2020
Dija is a fool, probably sent by outside forces to cause problems.... She I not Nigerian
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by chinchonglee(m): 5:06pm On Dec 10, 2020
The truth of the matter is that:
The song nor sweet!!
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by mightyhazel: 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2020
wellmax:

See how you conveniently want to change historty right be our very eyes.

Which yeye travellers.

Inyamuri is a corrupted version of nyem mmiri a request by thirsty biafrans after Ojukwu left them to die of hunger and thirst.

Don't teach us nonsense.
Lol.. if u believe that trash about starving igbo kids begging federal soldiers for water then u will foolishly believe anything.. first of all,u dont know the igboman. An igboman ,child or not will rather die than beg the enemy that brought deathto his ppl for assistance. secondly water was never scarce in igboland .. streams crisscrosses the whole of alaigbo.

1 Like

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by zedman1(m): 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2020
I don't do all these tribal stuff online, I don't stereotype people based on where they come from. In fact, most times I see any comment with an iota of mischievous tribal nonsense I simply jump and pass, I ignore. But with time I've come to realise the Igbos make too much noise online more than any other tribe, and most times it's over little or no reason at all!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Okeysimon802: 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2020
People are here insulting their selves because of Diji music title why they are busy at Mavin records cashing out big.by tomorrow u will know how many people dat has listened to nyem mmiri single on net.wise up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by ggood: 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2020
I hate it when Hausa people called me Inyamuri even though am not Igbo, when Hausa people see a fair person they refer him as Inyamuri

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

"The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> / Download Full Tracks: Duncan mighty Album – Grace & Talent / Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.