Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,665 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) (67318 Views)

Di'ja - "Te Amo" (Video) / {download Mp3} : The Way You Are (gbadun You) - Di'ja Ft Tiwa Savage / Di'ja - Aphrodija :: Album Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 5:33pm On Dec 10, 2020
Ladycewhy:
It's all joke till someone gets hurt.

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I doubt she is ignorant of the history behind the name tho. How it flew over the heads of her entire management team is what I am still shocked about or they just wanted to be controversial . It's like a caucasian rapper naming his album cover "niggar or negro" grin grin.

It is was intentional Bt meant no harm bt admiration.

Let me ask what could have been the alternative word to use??

Even tho blacks calling themselves niggah seems cool until a white calls them niggah. sounds so hypocritical and confusing to many bt let’s not delve into that.

1 Like

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by classicfrank4u(m): 5:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
Miracle2020:
but igbos are free to call Hausa aboki or mallam abi?
Hypocrites

Aboki means "my friend"
So how's that derogatory?

2 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by oyatz(m): 5:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
Fahdiga1:
Imagine this ugly long necked gorilla releasing a song titled nyamuri just to spite the Igbos but Igbos are strong enough that no one can intimidate them. that Igbos are peaceful people doesn't mean they are cowards. she should be singing about Afonjas and not the Igbos that are way bigger than any other ethnic group in Nigeria. she has been warned

Pls pardon my ignorance; who is Di'ja?

I am hearing her name for the first time.
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by slowice(m): 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2020
Excuzeme:

Well, l will agree that it is a sensitive title but in matters like this, it is the INTENT of the Speaker/Artist that one should look at and this can be got from the lyrics of the song.
So far, l cant see anything derogatory in the lyrics, written or intended, of the Artists.
But for extremely sensitive Igbos, it will not be a bad thing to not use such phrase.

And l also hope that Igbos learn a lesson or two from this because they are the ones who go about abusing other tribes, with ethnic lsurs.
You call Northerners 'maluu', 'boko haram', 'terrorist', etc
You call Yorubas 'cone-heads; 'Afonja', 'South West', Ofenmanu, etc.

Now you know how it feels, when you do it to others, even when this one was not intended and very mild.

Edit: I ensured l only listen to the song, after my post and now that l have listened to it, l think it i even complementary to Igbos.
She was eulogising an Nyamiri lover of hers and telling us how he lfexes and takes care of her expensively.
What is wrong with that?
Igbos should lighten up and not take themselves too seriously, nobody does. Enjoy the Rhythm and dance, abeg,
I like the Rhythm of the song.

Since you ve decided to take nairaland bants/cruise personal.... Tell me what you call igbos? That you dislike igbos for whatever reason shouldn't stop you from reason like a human

3 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Nyamiri: 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2020
Started from the bottom, now we're here. Close to 500 mentions of the Nyamiri moniker.

Nyamiris don buy market.

6 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2020
small girl with a long neck wher dey fine attention.
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by LordOfTheGame: 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2020
The more haters try so hard to hate the great Igbo race, the more we progress and conquer. She have unknowingly or knowingly shot herself in the leg. Her career is on the high way to the grave.

2 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Excuzeme: 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

I don even go download the song grin

I am currently trying to buy it on iTunes, right now. kiss kiss
That girl don Hamma. Smilling to the bank on the back of 'complainants'. grin grin

Song has Rhythm, it is danceable and fun.
Even the lyrics is funny!
Imagine: Nnyamirir don'doya shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Olatlaccon(m): 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2020
fnep2smooth:
Every tribe has their own name.. Yoruba people call us "Omo ije okuta ma mu omi" mean people who eat stone without drinking water.

Igbo call yoruba "idi ofe imanu" meaning people with oily soup.

While Igbo people can hausa "Idi ugu" meaning people from the hill.

So every tribe get their own nickname but you need to be careful on how to use it because it sounds provocative to someone people same way nigroooo sound offensive to blacks.

At this heat of disintegration you de name ur single inyamuri, u won provoke some people.
Nice piece brother....u get brain
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by MENELIIK: 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2020
Fahdiga1:
Imagine this ugly long necked gorilla releasing a song titled nyamuri just to spite the Igbos but Igbos are strong enough that no one can intimidate them. that Igbos are peaceful people doesn't mean they are cowards. she should be singing about Afonjas and not the Igbos that are way bigger than any other ethnic group in Nigeria. she has been warned

Osu coward, third class citizen forming funky, no cry again, it yaf do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by oyatz(m): 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2020
Sanchez01:

Well, true. Branding as a result of what you eat isn't a crime.

I know for a fact that the Yorubas refer to Igbo folks as 'Aj'okuta ma m'omi' (One who eats stone without drinking water - Origin: The Igbo Akpu is stronger and stone-like compared to the typical Yoruba fufu' and then there is 'Ndi ofe mmanu' (Oil soup eater - Origin: The Yorubas obviously fancy palm oil to vegetable oil and they use it in abundance when cooking).

Where I'm from, we have a name for the Yorubas, Hausas and Igbos based on obvious habits. Regardless, the scenario is a bit different when 'Inyamuri' is compared with all other aforementioned names. There is a sad story to the name the earliest people who branded the names on the Igbo people did so out of spite and ridicule. While the average Northerner might not understand that it is derogatory, using the same in a body of work even though the song is non provocative is a huge miss. Research should be the foundation of every creative works.

Where do you see Yorubas calling Igbos 'Aje okuta ma mumi'?

The name is too long and I have never seen a Yorubaman calling anyone that name.

Yorubas call Igbos 'Igbo' or simply omo-Ibo.
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by clockwisereport: 5:41pm On Dec 10, 2020
Iamdazzle:

No rhythm no nothing and yes its offensive to me as Ibo!
Distasteful

Shame on you. What is Ibo?

4 Likes

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by kennyflames(m): 5:41pm On Dec 10, 2020
Dreambeat:
What she did was intentional. The useless failed musicians can't tell me she didn't know the word is derogatory.

can you imagine she dey release music and she no do research how foolish

na so her music career go take Stumble
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Guestlander: 5:41pm On Dec 10, 2020
Fahdiga1:

You just did exactly the same thing you are accusing her of doing.
If you can call some people Afonja, then others are free to call you whatever they want to call you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by ThatFairGuy1: 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2020
CHESTBEATERS
Fahdiga1:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by mrkunlex(m): 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2020
She should have titled the song 'nyamuri flathe@d a.k.a oloripelebe'

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Abdulnur(m): 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2020
Iamdazzle:
Very stupid song...

No rhythm no nothing and yes its offensive to me as Ibo!

No cogent message whatsoever but something to trend and maybe bring a buck or two back for their investments! Distasteful
Abi oo
But you won't see anything wrong when someone calls a Hausa man Aboki or Almajiri, will you?

1 Like

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Excuzeme: 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2020
LordOfTheGame:
The more haters try so hard to hate the great Igbo race, the more we progress and conquer. She have unknowingly or knowingly shot herself in the leg. Her career is on the high way to the grave.

Only in your head. undecided
Check her sales in one weeks time and you would swallow your words.

Worst case, 'Nnyamiri' will only boycott pirating her music at Alaba, Up-Iweka and Ebi'npejo lane, grin grin
which is good for her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by VULCAN(m): 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2020
I have noticed that most of your submissions on this platform are intellectually subpar.

Usually filled with illogicalities or tribal slurs.

I know that you are not engaged in any mentally challenging activity off Nairaland. It's not likely that your work, if you have any, calls upon you to perform tasks that require deep thinking.

Otherwise how can you compare people using tribal slurs(of which you also do) in the privacy of their homes or anonymously online with someone at Dijas level publishing a work of art with such a derogative term.

That you see the two the same is a sign of your mental stagnancy.

Arrewa:
Hypocrites!!

But they're free to call A northerner onye ugwu, call a Yoruba man afonjaa or ndi Ofe mmanu!

People that are filled with hatred and bitterness!!

That's how they once attacked Teni for calling Erica omo igbo.

These people can't take 5% of what they're dishing out to other tribes on daily basis.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by jeffmatt4u(m): 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2020
Sanchez01:

Just like the Igbos, we also refer to them as Palm Oil eaters. Although, there are others which are considered stereotypical which I wouldn't want to make public.

For the Hausas, we refer to them as Kola nut eaters.

For the Igbos, we also refer to them as stone eaters, just like the Yorubas but mostly 'leaf eaters'.

"Leaf Eaters" lol. I am proudly Igbo, but leaf eaters funny me die. hahahaaha 1st time hearing that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

"The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> / Download Full Tracks: Duncan mighty Album – Grace & Talent / Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.